Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Time It's Not A Fight! (Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Yalara to 175 posts)

"Yeah?" Dranok peered down at his own datapad as it synchronized with the Optio's helmet. He squinted at the blip that Sargon had referred to. A few taps sent the file to the pilot, "Pilot, take us here!"

The man in the cockpit flashed a thumbs-up as the dropship changed course and sped up by a fraction.

Spencer nodded as she continued to watch history literally fly by her.

"A cloaking device? Why would someone want to hide this primitive planet from the galaxy? And who would do such at thing?"

Resting a finger against her chin she pondered the events that would lead up to that possibility and the second thought was to how they even could afford to hide a planet and what sort of resources they needed.

@Velok

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
MSE's Aleph-class, the finest starfighter in the galaxy, buzzed a long circle as he searched for his excellent mistress. His comms blatted and breeped as he searched for a frequency belonging to @Samanthe Quiwl. Being devoid of the Force and plot devices, however, he couldn't simply assume that he knew where to find her. This might take a while.

"Yes, Sir, could see it clear as day from the ground on that prairie. It was nestled against a niche in a mountain wall made it hard to see from space just looked like more mountain. From the ground we could see the facial irregularities." The crash itself had now even served a value to the Fringe, and at least the lives lost would have purpose.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"A Jedi Master whose name has been lost to time. Olld Republic. It couldn't be hibridium, because of the necessity of photosynthesis. It couldn't be adegan -- even then, there weren't THAT many adegan crystals. No, this cloaking system must have been stygium, or some unknown technology. And then we come to...ahh, here we are."

A vision began to unfold: Jaden Korr planting charges to destroy an immense cloaking device.

"Look at the size of those crystals. Even fragmented, they're worth a fortune. But that ancient Jedi Master wanted to protect this primitive world until it could intergrate into the galaxy. It never did."

Sam in all of her frustration started to chop down trees and cause all sorts of destruction. There was nothing to stab and she would have to in turn possibly find her Master. A flash of red shined as the lightsaber cut through trees and brush.

@[member="MSE-007"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Elijah was nearby when he heard her comment. "@[member="Rave Merrill"], I ordered a few dozen CNAR and CRAR tanks. It's not about fighting, you know." And what had the hacker been doing?

Not much, really. Just sitting, watching the base form from near nothing. There wasn't really anything to do.

Dranok rubbed his chin and nodded slightly as the legionnaire spoke. "Alright, well let's see what we have here." He lurched slightly as the dropship halted its forward motion and began to vertically drop down onto the prairie.

Dozens of legionnaires filed out of the ship as Dranok departed, gesturing for Sargon to follow. "Let's investigate, my friend."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@Samanthe Quiwl

His photoreceptors, tied into the fighter's sensors, recognized the specific frequency of his beloved mistress's lightsabre, even from miles away. With a BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP of joy, MSE-007, spawn of the apocalypse, herald of darkness, Harbinger of Doom, gunned those Class-0.5 engines and nearly wet himself for joy. He decelerated and landed the state-of-the-art fighter beside his mistress, flattening forest.

"BWWWEEEEEP"

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya's grip on the controls slipped at the Admiral's words and a curse slipped from her mouth as she regained control, suddenly very hot under the collar.

"Yalara could be painted red." she replied, her surprise concealed.

Her sensors began to shout at her, and she slowed the ship down.

"This place is riddled with stygium." she reported. "I'll send coordinates as I find pockets."

The fortress that took shape between the prefab bases was a crude thing. Many of the simple, durable Hammer-class dropships, their engines cannibalized, were shaped like bricks, and they became bricks, with their laser cannons pointed out. Immense amounts of stabilization material were crammed in between them, for a wall 60 metres thick. 4800 of the simple, bricklike dropships had come down; the wall only needed a few hundred.

Sargon followed his rifle at the ready. He wasn't really expecting to find anything interesting out here combat wise, but it never hurt to be prepared. What greeted his eyes though was an awe inspiring structure that was nestled perfectly into the mountain walls. One of the scientist who'd been with them was just stuttering as his squad refitted with armor and weapons joined him. "Optio, according to the scientist that is almost all stygium metal. Its some kind of destroyed cloaking device."

Nodding Sargon turned to the Lord Admiral, "Sir, I believe as the old saying goes. We've struck gold."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Anaya Fen"]

Ashin's instincts served her well.

"Oh, come now," she said mockingly, "and I do mean now. You didn't think i was watching for my health, did you?"

Keeping Anaya Fen on the back foot was crucial to keeping her involved and interested.

Panic. She felt it as she watched the man place the charges around the cloaking device. What was being protected? Shaking her head she watched as he also slaughtered the beings that were protecting it. She had never seen them before and she wondered if they were what the old Jedi was protecting. The stygium, she recalled the name from several documents the republic had passed in front of her.

"I thought it was only on a few planets. If we are able to harvest the bits that were left over - we'd have enough to enhance our fleet - even break the hold Omega has on the market."

Remembering the race, she questioned the wise Whiphid.

"What were those that the man slaughtered? Were they what the Jedi was protecting?"

@[member="Velok"]

Dranok grinned at the structure, his legionnaires fanning out to take up defensive formations on an unknown world. "Destroyed?" Dranok turned to Sargon, "Not for long." With that hanging statement, he raised his comlink to his mouth to spout more orders to several standing by dropship crews in the atmosphere.

"I want 2 dropships on my location, engineers and scientists are a must." He lowered the comlink as his orders were acknowledged.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"Those are Noghri -- ancient Imperial commandos. That's a man named Jaden Korr, whose name has survived as one of the youngest Jedi Knights ever -- he may have been thirteen, possibly fourteen. All stygium comes from Aeten Two -- this came from there, and so did the small supply on maramere, which Omega has monopolized. But their supply came from one crashed Trade Federation shipment. Aeten Two has been gutted over and over and over again. This may be the best deposit of stygium left in the universe.

"Now let's examine where this location is, and what remained. Let's fast-forawrd through time a little, and then go back to really see how far down the stygium cells go into the ground."

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

Rave spared her fellow Knight a glance. "That it is," she said, grinning, her fingers blurring over three control panels as the base took form. "Impregnable, once it's done. At least, impregnable from the ground. It's Sandrow, right? Pandeima, Circe Savan's boytoy? Yes, I know both her names. I helped make her current body. You're welcome."

Sam raised her arm as the ship descended and flattened her mess of the trees. Who the hell would be landing nearly on top of her. Running forward she took a few steps and moved towards the ship, she wanted to see who it was and she hoped it wasn’t her Master at all.

“OI WHO THE HELL IS IN THERE?!”

In a bit of flustered anger, she used a brief moment of telekinesis and slightly unrooted a tree. The small display of power made her quite happy.

Sargon nodded as he checked over the perimeter carefully. This site was of enormous value and if word got out before it was secure be one of the most wanted targets in the galaxy. "Sir may I suggest we get some we simply do a controlled explosion on the device? The tech is too destroyed to be rebuilt or reverse engineered, but if it was already in smaller pieces we could get it secured that much quicker."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom