Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction This Seems Familiar (The Galactic Alliance)

Kahlil_Div2.png

Once pristine in it's beauty, the moon Ashla had been scarred and ruined by the Voice of the Maw. Kahlil had been there on that day, watching the moon rain down upon a battlefield of desperate defenders and cruel annihilators. He'd heard about the efforts to rebuild or at least return the moon world back to a place of pilgrimage. And thus far, it'd been going well. There were still ravines where oceans had been, and chunks of the moon were still gouged out like painful scars. But the beauty of the golden sand and peaceful waters could still be seen, especially where he stood. It truly was a peaceful sight. He turned his gaze briefly from the ocean's edge to the love of his life beside him, flashing a grin.

"Remember, it's not a vacation."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Objective 1 | Awakening

The call went out through the Order. Another idea, experiment, that the Shield of the Jedi wanted more input on. He could go off and do it himself, but fresh perspective was always welcome. Especially since he was adapting yet another thing he'd learned in his youth as a Sith. A Sith Familiar allowed a Sorcerer to be present without physically being there, acting as their owner's eyes and ears while letting the Sorcerer cast their dark magics through them. For the Jedi, it could be an incredible tool to allow Jedi the ability to be in two places at once. And for Jedi named the Shield, hopefully getting more Jedi in a safer place while still being able to help people who need it.

Objective 2 | Rejuvenation​

But not everyone who comes to Ashla comes because of a Jedi's request. The Holy Moon of the Light is well on it's way to being healed, but there are still wounds that need tending to. The Jedi, their allies, anyone who considers the moon worthy of assistance, come and go on the regular to help. Explore the surface or help where you can, there is still so much to do to recover from the Great War.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Heyy,"
Valery huffed when he looked at her to tease, "This was technically all my idea." Not exactly, but now she was going to definitely poke back just a little bit. Not for too long though, as other Jedi were also going to arrive soon to hopefully join them in this learning process.

Or if they'd prefer, to explore more of the moon they are on.

"How do you suppose we should start with all of this?" She then asked, curious if he already had some ideas or if they were really going into the unknown with everybody who joined them.

Either way, she was ready for it.

For the Jedi, it could be an incredible tool to allow Jedi the ability to be in two places at once. And for Jedi named the Shield, hopefully getting more Jedi in a safer place while still being able to help people who need it.
Given her Cathar upbringing, the idea of a familiar was not necessarily a new one to Jonyna. Her people had always taught that your ancestors would follow you, guide you through life. Now Kahlil was pitching the idea of making that a more literal metaphor, especially with her crystals.

"I'd hope you had more of a plan than just 'let's figure this out', Mr. Noble."
Jonyna said in a sort of teasing tone. After their sparring session, she felt like she earned at least the title of 'friend' to the two.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Evi

E

MOSHED-2023-6-19-17-58-31.jpg

Tython, Ashla | Objective 2
Tags: Open

Evi_divider.png

Evi hadn't been to Ashla. Not because she couldn't, of course. Shuttles to the moon from Tython were free, and she of course never had a guardian to tell her that she couldn't. It was the fear that the moon would be as desolate as her home that let her scathe off her curiosity to see the celestial body's beautiful oceans. But she was feeling productive today. She could only squat around in a tent village for so long before her curiosity got the better of her anyways, right?

So here she was, and it was rather beautiful. Unfortunately that beauty was bittersweet. The remnants of war still remained. Ashla was scarred by the onslaught of the Maw, the thing that had taken so many before she had been born. It was saddening, but to see life returning to the moon did rejuvenate Evi greatly.

With the weather nice as well, the Sephi sat herself down on a stone overlooking the sea, drawing her violin and beginning to
play. She usually played it to make some kind of income, but her belly was full and she found herself somewhat mystified by the moment. Something felt different in the air today. Perhaps, Evi thought, she would just sit back and watch the tide, waiting for what the day may bring.

If not to at least stay in the moment a little longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tython, Ashla | Objective 1
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Valery Noble Valery Noble

shield_core_divider.png

"I'd hope you had more of a plan than just 'let's figure this out', Mr. Noble."

"I don't think I've heard 'Mr. Noble' before," Jasper noted with a grin. "I guess it's one way to differentiate."

This was about connecting with their kyber. Jasper already held his lightsaber with a great deal of value. The weapon had a rustic look to it, far more industrial looking, but it was very clear that the weapon was well cared for. It had scratches from age, but there wasn't a spot of dirt on it, and the wood retained a glossy finish. With relative ease, given his mechanical prowess, Jasper had opened up the hilt, withdrawing a deep blue stone.

The knight still remembered the day he found it, taking the trials on Ilum. He was so weak in the force then he had no faith that he'd find a crystal, yet this one quite literally hit him in the head. A piece of ice had shifted above the boy and his stone had fallen out, landing square in the center of his dome. It was the one time Jasper didn't mind getting made fun of when he was a child. It was a moment where a younger and far less confident version of himself thought that maybe he was in the right place after all. Present Jasper knew that he was in the right place, but it hadn't been a very straight forward road. Perhaps his finding of this crystal was an omen of such.

"Alright," he nodded. "Where do we start?"

Others might recognize what the stone may be made of. Jasper, for having it since childhood, remains very much unaware of what it is.

The Sentinel of Harmony.

Shan hadn't expected to visit Ashla, but there was his inner curiosity that wanted answers. What did Ashla look like? How did it feel to walk amongst the moon? There was a part of him that wanted to explore the moon, and gaze upon it to see what had befallen it but at the same time, he wanted to learn from Kahlil. Kahlil was his favourite master to learn from or joint favourite. Let's just say the Nobles are his favourite master to learn from. So, he decided it would be best for him to join the group of masters and knights at the moment. It would be the best thing for him to do right now, though he might decide to explore the moon after the lesson.

The Padawan still needed to find a second crystal, but for now he was content with the green gem inside of it. Shan wasn't exactly the greatest with mechanical knowledge, even if his parents did have tech related jobs but he was proud of his saber. It was just taking a little bit for him to take it apart to get access to the crystal, as his fingers fiddled with the material. Just because he looked after it and kept it clean, doesn't mean he was experienced with taking it part. Either way, after a few more minutes of fiddling, Shan eventually managed to get his crystal out, assuming they were going to need it.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Your suggestion started it, yes. If you'd like, you can lead the discussion. I'll just watch."

He smirked, knowing full well Valery would have no desire at all to host the lesson or talk about this. It was his domain, after all. She could host the saber lessons, he'd host the magic ones. One by one people arrived though, earning a small nod from him. And a chuckle.

"No, no. Master Kahlil, Kahlil. Those are fine. Mr. Noble is odd." Too formal for the former spacer's tastes, at least. Asides technically his honorifics would be more like 'your highness' or 'my liege', but he wasn't about to say that.

"But, truthfully, no. There is no real plan behind it. I've got theories, but the practicality of them hasn't been explored.. Ever. That's never stopped me before, of course, but I figure I'd open the floor to others. The concept: Sith can create themselves Familiars. The process is exceedingly expensive, but the result is a small, fragile being that the owner can use as their eyes, ears, and even hands.

For us as Jedi, there is nothing we are as closely bonded to as our Kyber. So, what if we took the idea of these Familiars and helped our Kyber manifest? Awaken? Through them we could feasibly be in two places at once, which for me at least sounds incredibly useful. But how do you waken them? Is that possible? Many questions that I figure I should ask all of you who've come. We'll be figuring this out together, after all."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Awww, but Mr. Noble makes you sound so professional!" Jonyna faux-whined. Given the past week, she felt in a good mood. She did consider the idea though, pulling her two sabers out, and the sword she had made only a few days prior, sitting down for a moment to crack each of them open, retrieving the crystals from each. Four in total. That was quite the menagerie she'd have...

She paused to look up to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
"How did the sith do it? Maybe we could try a more....jedi version of that."

div-orange.png

"And steal your moment? Nah, you've got this, love,"
Valery smirked back, and decided to leave the rest to him. Unlike with his runes, she had a better idea as to what this was all about, but it was still his area of expertise. Leaving it to him would guide the group to the best results.

"I agree with Knight Si, Master Noble," Valery then teased smugly, knowing he wasn't too fond of overly formal greetings. But he couldn't get around the fact he was a Master Noble now as well, and she loved to poke him with it whenever she could. With that done, though, she looked at Jonyna and pursed her lips.

"I'd be careful using the Sith for inspiration with things concerning life in any way. From what he told me, some familiars were warped, living creatures, and manipulating life the way they did is..." she just shook her head. "Whatever we do, it can't go against the will of the crystal we're bonded to, or else we risk destroying that bond we have."

She looked at Kahlil with a smile, as she tried to help.

"I think we should start with creating a deeper connection. We bond with our crystals the moment we are called to them, but we don't typically spend much time in deeper meditation to connect. Perhaps there are multiple ways, but the bond is the key, I believe."

fjGqL0x.jpg

// Padawan Lowe //
//
Ashla //
//
Objective // Summon a demon //
//
Focus // // Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble // Valery Noble Valery Noble // Jonyna Si Jonyna Si // Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el // Shan Pavond Shan Pavond // OPEN //

Walking the surface of Ashla, Ayra was surprised how much of the Light Side she could still feel despite the scars it now carried. Another wound inflicted by the great enemy of the Jedi. The Maw was gone now, but part of the young Echani was still anxious at the idea that these people were still shadowed in the vast empty of the galaxy.

This anxiety was eased at the site of both Masters Noble, distinguished figures that meant if those same enemies popped up from behind a rock they would be summarily dealt with.

The purpose of this sojourn was still a flight of fancy to Ayra. The idea of summoning something out of nothing with the force was new to the girl. Sure in essence that was the entire purpose of wielding the force, but the difference between influencing the world with the force versus creating something wholly anew with it was hard to wrap her head around.

Her pale eyes flit between the joined members of the Jedi, more faces she didn't know personally, but it was the Cathar that immediately drew her attention.

"Personally I'm also not comfortable with the idea of Sith inspiration." Ayra knew it was what they were here to do, in essense, but to have it verbalized cause the girl to anxiously shuffle her feet. "If we want to summon something to help people, it needs to be as Jedi. No witchcraft or sorcery needed."

Last edited:
Shan had stayed quiet whilst most of the other Jedi spoke instead, frowning in thought as he stared at his crystal. The idea of using the way Sith did it seemed like a simple enough answer but simple didn't always mean right. There had to be a more suitable way to do it. Making something out of nothing from the Force...Or perhaps they could give something to make it as Shan was keeping his thoughts to himself for now. There were plenty of different ideas and theories running through his head, but he wasn't too confident in them.

Valery had suggested the idea of meditation to build a connection to the crystal which made sense to Shan. Connecting to the crystal could allow for more of a link. Though that was leading Shan down his own little rabbit hole of thoughts. It would make sense in his eyes that the Sith way would involve taking something to make something, instead of giving something of themselves...Which Kahlil had confirmed from saying that it was an expensive process...

"Ahem...I have a theory...Though I'm unsure if it would work." Shan cleared his throat slightly, trying to get the confidence to speak. It was better to get the theory out into the open, as opposed to just keeping it in his head, right? "This is going off Master Noble's idea of meditating with the crystal to build a further connection...but what about the idea of meditating with our crystals, and giving them some of our own Force to keep the crystal connected to us? That way we're giving a part of ourselves to make something new, instead of...making it from nothing. And then like when making a Force Barrier, we focus on the Force, but instead of making a "barrier" around us, we do it to the crystal? Letting a barrier form around it to give it like...a physical shape. The idea probably wouldn't work in places that were cut off from the Force though..."

Did his idea even make sense? Shan wasn't sure but it felt like a relief to get the theory out there. Plus, by getting a theory out there, it can be added to. Whilst he wasn't an expert in the force, by suggesting his idea, it would allow people with more experience to potentially add to it as he looked between the other Jedi, trying to keep a positive smile on his face.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Tython, Ashla | Objective 1
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe

shield_core_divider.png

That way we're giving a part of ourselves to make something new, instead of...making it from nothing. And then like when making a Force Barrier, we focus on the Force, but instead of making a "barrier" around us, we do it to the crystal?

"It's a decent theory," Jasper shrugged. "If that's how you think about bonding with your crystal, I see no reason why you shouldn't try it."

He wasn't gonna knock anyone, not even Jonyna. She thought about how someone else did something and pondered a way to put a Jedi spin on things. Kahlil spent much of his time turning the magic of his father into something that could be harnessed with the light. There was merit to all ideas, as long as no corners were being cut that risked bleeding.

"I was gonna suggest battle meld," he laughed. "Y'know, put our heads together and see if the crystals open up to the meld. I can't make one though, so its sorta just a thought."

He couldn't do many things, of course. Jasper didn't let it get him down these days though. He had adapted to his lower force sensitivity and found ways to overcome the limitations that had been placed upon him. They still existed though. There was no harm in admitting that they were there. The knight didn't want to run from these problems, not anymore. He sat down, raising his crystal so that the light of the sun could shine through it as he thought.

"We're in no rush," he added, "So there's no pressure to immediately come up with a solution. We have time to think on it."

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
“At this point, we should just start going down the list. Pop open our sabers, get the crystals open to the force, and see what works.”

She wasn’t exactly offended by being shot down. Hers was a radical idea, even though this situation as a whole was a radical idea. But she has always been open to the darker side of the force, even if she’d never used it. To her, it was like saying her fangs were evil for being built to shred flesh. It was just how she was born, a part of her biology. If the force was able to do something, it wouldn’t necessarily be evil by default.

But she was never Sith, in her own eyes. Sith were creatures consumed by hate, using the dark side for their own means. The Force amplifies what’s already there, Light or Dark. A Sith was only someone incapable of finding balance.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Witchcraft or Sorcery, huh?"

Kahlil hummed a little at those words, his gaze focused on Arya for that moment, then drifted off to listen to the others speak. This was good. Exactly why he'd made the invitation for more to come by and put out their ideas. Some of this he wouldn't have thought of. Specifically Jaspers and Shan's thoughts. Bond with the crystal in a whole new way, then help create a vessel. And yet, he still didn't want to move on too quickly from what was said.

"Padawan Lowe, yes? What is witchcraft and sorcery to you exactly? And the rest of you, actually. What do you think constitutes something like say.. Spells, or curses."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe

fjGqL0x.jpg

// Padawan Lowe //
//
Ashla //
//
Objective // Summon a demon //
//
Focus // // Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble // Valery Noble Valery Noble // Jonyna Si Jonyna Si // Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el // Shan Pavond Shan Pavond // OPEN //

"Well, Master..." The Padawan's voice trailed off uncertainly, trying to recall the rumours she had heard before it resurged again. "I have always heard, and try to follow in practice, that the Jedi only influence and coexist with the force. Witches and Sith sorcerers instead bend the Force to their will, twisting it into unnatural shapes that fit their plans."

It was clearly writ on Ayra's face and how her eyes darted downwards that she was speaking through the words of others she had heard. The Echani had never had the chance to run into any witches, and she was thankful for the fact. But this, of course, led to ignorance of what they were truly like.

Lacking this first-hand experience, the Padawan instead turned to what she had heard not only in her life on the estate but throughout the Jedi Temple. Rumours of the Nightsisters of Dathomir raising the dead to fight for them, and the Sith sorcery that had led to the creation of Sithspawn. Even the thought of these existing in the galaxy made her nauseous.

"I mean, these sorceries are what led to the Sithspawn that the Maw used in their attacks are they not?" Pale eyes turned back to the Jedi Master leading the exercise. "So how could any inspiration come from what killed so many innocents in the Alliance, both citizens as well as our fellow Jedi."

Battle Meld? Shan hadn't done a lot of research into that but it was one of the good things about something like this. It let everyone learn new ideas as he stared off into space...Though then Kahlil asked the group a question. What was witchcraft and sorcery, and what would class as a spell...Hm. Another interesting topic that Shan hadn't thought about too much as he folded his arms along his front. Listening to Ayra's points and thoughts were interesting as well. Shan hadn't experienced much, if any of the dark side of the Force, not having enough experience himself to decide what could necessarily be dark or light in use...

"I think...Witchcraft and Sorcery are perhaps similar to the Force. To think that there is only way to use the Force doesn't sound right to me. I think it's possibly just different words for the same thing. Some people who are unused to the Force may see what we Jedi do, as spells and potentially curses." Shan cleared his throat, trying to avoid looking at anyone in case his thoughts offended someone. Comparing the way the Jedi use the Force to that of Sorceries would could make Sithspawn could potentially be disrespectful, if he thought about it. "In my eyes...It is just a more advanced and specialized way to use the Force. There are so many different ways to live with the Force, to work with it, or to use it, and so...I believe Witchcraft, Sorcery and spells are one specific way to use it. And just like how the Force can be used for the light or dark, I'd like to believe that Witchcraft can as well." Perhaps it was Shan's naivety that allowed him to believe that, but he just shook his head, lifting his head up to Ayra as she had given him a question...Though perhaps it wasn't a great time for a philosophical debate...

The Padawan just cleared his throat again, preparing to speak once more. Even if it had been directed towards Kahlil, Shan thought it would also help to voice his own opinion. "I also would like to believe that just because something can kill...doesn't mean it has to. Yes, there were sorceries used to make the Sithspawn...but the Sithspawn's intent was to kill, yes? Take a look at our lightsabers themselves. They are weapons, that can take innocent life, yet does that make them inherently evil? Or is it the person using them that causes the intent? I think inspiration is something that is neither good or evil to begin with. It is what you do with the inspiration that can cause harm or help." Was he talking nonsense? Perhaps but it was still something Shan would stand by. Very few things in the galaxy in his eyes are evil or good from the start of their creation. It is what they do, or what is done with them that decides what they are. Either way, the Padawan just bowed his head, prepared to listen to the others opinions.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe

Objective: 2
Equipment: Training saber
Outfit: Jedi attire
Tags: Open

Lily didn't have a kyber crystal or a Lightsaber crystal, her training was still too early and her skills in the Force were still too unpredictable for that. It was why for now she just focused on offering support and help to those of Ashla, encouraging the moon's restoration and seeing how that would feel for herself as well.

She was slightly disappointed her lack of a Lightsaber meant she wasn't comfortable participating in the group with Master Noble, they were having a meeting about attempting to use a Dark Side power into something that could be done for good. It was a curious concept but one that Lily knew she could not offer insight on nor could she actively practice it. Her skills were still struggling with levitating objects and protecting herself from blaster bolts while blindfolded.

So, for now, she focused on the supplies as she was working with. Unsure what to exactly do with them and where they would be best distributed, Lily just knew that she needed to find a way to offer support to those around them. She was also eager to feel her work was helping the moon, connecting it together and rejuvenating it.

div-orange.png

Valery listened to the ongoing discussion with a soft smile. It was important that everybody had a chance to share both ideas and concerns, so whatever method they decided on was going to fall in line with what the Jedi were actually all about. So when Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe covered exactly what should be avoided, Valery nodded and chimed in again.

"Sithspawn are created by twisting life, or creating a corrupted being from nothing. It, as you put it, does involve bending the Force to your will and is what should be avoided." She glanced at her husband for a moment before she continued.

"Jedi can manifest projections or affect life in various ways as well, using the Force. But we don't twist it against the will of whatever living entity we're interacting with, and that is a very important distinction. Whether we're talking about Force abilities, spells, magic or whatever name you want to give it, we can't force our will onto another being. That includes these crystals."

"So whether or not we can form this new type of bond with them depends not just on us, but the crystals as well."

"I actually trained under a Witch briefly." Jonyna nodded to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble while she sat down, using the force to float her four crystals. "The way I understood it was that Jedi using the force to shape the force within them. Ours souls, for lack of a better term. Witches shape the force around them. Whether that's by force or not, I'm unsure. I mean..." She looked to Valery Noble Valery Noble for confirmation on the words she was about to say. "We had a witch on our little team to take down those terrorists a few weeks ago, yeah? She was using spells, and...I didn't feel like she was evil..."

Jonyna's definition of evil was strange in this new galaxy she'd fallen into. Evil was through action. One cannot be evil until they commit evil. That was what she figured, at least. She'd seen plenty of it, the Empire, the Mandos, the Inquisitors, The Hutts. Plenty of times she'd seen evil people do evil things for the sake of self gain or general malice. Spells were not on the list for her.

"I think the better question is...what method do we start with first? I'm hearing a lot of suggestions, not much decisions being made."

Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There's no decision to be made, just yet. This is an important topic."

He glanced briefly to Jonyna, flashing her a smile. As a former Sorcerer himself, there were few Jedi who knew the reality of Sith Sorcery as well as he did. And given Ayra's response, it was far more important to make sure the Jedi here knew that truth.

"There is no such thing as spells, or Sorcery, or Witchcraft."

Kahlil paused, just to let that settle in. He raised a hand shortly after, and within it, he crafted one of his runes. A simple one, that as he let the Force flow through it brightened as if it was a light. Jasper certainly would recognize it as just that. Light. "What you see as something otherworldly isn't. It's all the Force. It's true that only a select few within the Sith can actually use Sorcery, but that's not as special as you might think. An incantation, a ritual, a rune, they all do the same thing. Focus the user's mind so that the Force will act in the same, practiced way. Like a program in a droid. That's why if you disrupt something like that, a Sith or any other will scramble. Disrupt their focus, and the effect will end."

The Sith were going to become a threat again. There was no denying that war would resume. Better they be prepared now than taken by surprise in the future.

"So, like Shan says, it's neither good nor evil. It's just code and intent. So long as you never try to bend the Force to your will, anything can be made good. Sounds crazy, right? Given there are things like Necromancy at least. It is, at it's core, forcing life into a corpse. But it's fundamentals are just the same as healing someone with the Force."

Again he paused, though this time it was to look once more at Ayra. "There is also the fact that the Jedi and Sith are not the only beliefs in the Galaxy. We should never summarize something we might not understand as being wrong. A Sith Sorcerer might be one of the darkest forms of using the Force, but the Witches of Dathomir and other such groups are just as diverse and unique that they can't be summarized."

Then, he clapped his hands. Looked back to Jasper.

"Getting back on topic, a meld is a perfect idea. Bonding with your crystal, making your mind and it's one so you might communicate with it. Of all things, it should actually be the easiest for us to bond with. They are, after all, what chose us. I don't think any of us can forget the feeling of them reaching out to help us find them. We'll focus on that feeling and try to bond with them. Sound good?"

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom