Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's no place like Home | CIS Dominion of Orcus (T, 53)

vxk6Ob.png

Fighting Beside: [member="Var Talon"] and [member="Nysana Talon"]
Quote: "The most dangerous person is the one who quietly listens, thinks, and observes. When they make their move. Run."

Between Srina, [member="Nysana Talon"], and the unknown Force User ([member="Tobias Dib"]) along the tree line the inferno bent to their whim. The natives began to run in the other direction, trying to escape a merciless wall of flame, but there was nowhere to run on their end of the battlefield. Nowhere to hide. Ash fell like snow, leaving little black marks on her fair skin, but she paid it no mind. The whole of her being was consumed with controlling flame that would have done [member="Muad Dib"] proud. Her yellow-gold eyes gleamed, glowing with inner light, burning with corruption.

She could feel the seductive edge that power breathed. The urge to give in, to fall into the well of night, with a head full of arrogant dreams was ever a temptation. Who would not be enticed by the sweet whispers of the dark? Many a Jedi had fallen, beings far stronger than she, yet her iron will placed an impenetrable wall between herself and the line she would not cross. She killed for the sake of those around her, for the sake of the Confederacy, and for the fever-bright anger that hid in the pit of her soul.

Srina had come a long way, since leaving Eshan, and the towering wall of red-hot death that incinerated the fleeing cultists was simply more evidence. The pale-skinned woman wanted to ask the dark questions. She wanted to give in, and demand that it show her, all the things she shouldn’t know.

Yet, she did not.

As the natives began to focus on something else, with a chant rolling through the ranks, she could feel the presence of the spirits of the Mandragora. The Jart that had tied itself to her cried out, reeling from the death, the destruction, and Srina heard it over the screams of their enemies. Her hands began to turn, spinning the flame, pooling it in on itself. What was a wall of death, became a tightly wound cyclone that moved up, instead of spreading through the land, feeding on lifeform made fuel.

When it had nothing to devour and the oxygen became thin the flame went out. It dispersed as if it had never been, and the white-haired Sith Apprentice turned from baleful disaster with an unfeeling eye. She could not allow herself to take these deaths to heart. The Orcani seemed to be losing the will to fight and the Echani-born warrior had no desire to slaughter cattle. It was pointless if they would already bend to the Nightmother.

The Spirits whispered of a plan. The three heads of their pacts had designs for these people. They had seen strength, they had seen blood, fire, and death. Perhaps, now, they would see something different from the invaders that had crashed down from the stars.

Srina turned away, a smoke-filled breeze obscuring her form, swallowing the carnage of her wake.

If [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] required her further, she would most certainly reappear, however, for the time being, the Talon siblings had served their purpose. When the smoke cleared they would not be found.

vxkC8f.png

Maple had been electrocuted by Sith Lightning before. And as her memory started to come back on the previous two minutes, so too had her shock at attacking Kurenai.

The earliest memory was twenty. At least, thats what her mind was currently certain of. Some Imperial-war-criming-sort-of-kark had gotten her cuffed and into his lair. He was the sort that wasn't good enough to be worth training and raising to full Sith but wasn't so totally worthless or weak as to show nothing at all. Good material for a death squad member, which he had, of course, been. And which Maple had, of course, ended up killing him for eventually, via a very blunt and heavy stick. Probably made of rebar or something. In some versions of the memory he had been wearing a tutu and clown make up, so she tried to take most of what she recalled about that guy with a grain of salt, but she knew the memory of the lightning wasn't fake.

Lightning has a special sort of agony attached to it. An agony that reaches down to the smallest part, and then takes a paddle to it while shouting verbal abuse and insults of salacious encounters with the targets mother. He had done that to her for days, and even if the other parts, such as that bit where everyone randomly turned into mynocks for no less then forty three minutes while battling octopi made of cheese was complete fabrication. The memory of that pain wasn't.

The sensation that flooded her was similar to lightning. It traveled to the smallest part. But instead of aforementioned suffering, the sensation had a sexy voice and a perfect body, and wore a sexy cocktail dress.

"C'mere sweetie. You look so gorgeous." her mad brain imagined the healing effect saying to her body as the wounds on her began to heal. After a few minutes Maple blinked open her eyes, winced as she felt fangs, thought it might be Sawa again, the little bloodsucking minx.

Her realization that it was Kurenai was twofold:

First, there was the realization Kurenai was a vampire. Second, in this close proximity, Maple finally sensed traces of [member="Sawa Ike"] due to the way they were connected, while Kurenai was healing her. Small galaxy...

Third...Maple had just tried to kill her.

"Kurenai!" Maple whispered in horror, rising up.

But instead of being horrified at encountering yet another possibly-elite vampire, her shock and guilt at attacking Yumi expressed itself.

"I...I am SO sorry about freaking out and trying to kill you! I didn't...I swear by the sword of Lur Redtide himself I didn't recognize you!" she said, face twisting in hurt over attacking an ally. It was almost worse than Mimban. At least the guys there, while former comrades, were avowed traitors. Kurenai had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"When I signed up with the Mandragora apparantly there was a Force Power I gained by instinct. But its...kinda under patent by the spirit I'm aligned with. It...has a random chance of making me go violently homicidal it seems..." she remarked, looking around at the dead Orcani surrounding her and Yumi.

It is 'not' under 'patent' Doashim's voice rumbled deep in her mind. It works exactly as intended

Why do I go all 'Spy Thriller' then?

The spirits do not give out things for free. At the very least, certainly not spirits such as I. There is always a price. Always a danger in seeking any knowledge. That risk we impose keeps you humble.

Oh.

Yes, 'Oh'.

Maple gazed up guiltily at Yumi. Though in any other context Maple would have been near giddy with pleasure at being held by the milk colored bombshell...vampire or not...the occasion by which it had occured...

She looked around at the dead Orcani, recognized her handiwork by the odd angles of some of the lightsaber cuts. At least ten men were dead by her hand. Or the rather, the person she had left behind in her past...

...or so she thought.

She looked up at Kurenai, frightened and uncertain.

"Please forgive me. I didn't mean it..." she said, her eyes watering.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"].

Rapax

R
Wearing: Standard Leather Armor
Items: Bio
Objective: Retrieve the Orenda

He took note of how all that came with him handled themselves in dealing with the obstacles that stood in there way and was pleased with how not only those of his pact handled the zealots but how even the Lyleks did there job well, It was simple they got in quiet as ever then unleashed there carnage onto the temple killing those who tried to defend it. He however made a straight push towards the tome as those who tried to stop him where cut down in quick motion as he made his way towards the pedestal that held the tome, He could feel the spirits call stronger then ever and he was anxious to finally have the tome of the Jart back where it belongs a tome where he can read and use its knowledge to grow not only himself but his pact as well. One zealot tried in a last ditch attempt to stop him from getting the tome set it ablaze but Rapax was quicker, He grabbed the torched and ripped it and the hand that held it clean off from the zealot before setting the Zealot himself onfire with the torch and tossing him to the side letting him burn as he walked up and picked up the tome from its pedestal.

Equipment:Armor - Looks like - Lightsaber Yari - Pistol
Objective: Go with the flow
Allies: [member="Maple Harte"]

Kuernai slow pulled her fangs from the woman's neck, giving the skin a small tender lick to bite would to make sure it did not bleed, kneeling down in a traditional Atrisian position next to the now woken woman. "Yes it is m-", before she could reply to the girl Maple went off on an apologizing rant, the new revelation of herself being a vampire or just from attacking a long time comrade playing heavily on her mind.

Kurenai's hand glided under the brunettes head, resting it on the vampire lap, she did not understand it fully but believed the woman, she knew Maple, and the things that just happened was not something Maple would do. "It is okay, no need to apologize, I've been around for over 800 years, such a minor scuffle is nothing compared to actual betrayal I have faced in the past".

"It should be me making a small apology for that nasty headbutt I gave you, but I have a feeling you rather enjoyed me sinking my fangs into your neck", after all it would not be the first time, even since Sawa had taught her such methods on making a vampire bite feel pleasurable to the victim. As Maples eye began to water she could not help but feel the urge to stroke he head, a sort of 'there there' approach, Kurenai's fingers running along the long brown strands and across her head. "It's okay Maple, it served as good practice and there was not lasting damage, I could never be mad at you anyways".

Maple, badly reliving the events of Mimban, began to calm down slightly as her head was stroked, the panic attack that had just been on the verge of starting. Yumi's assurance that everything was alright starting to sink in but not without difficulty. He breathing slowed and she eventually got some flush back into a pale face, though the air around her stank from bloodshed. She was used to that smell...Didn't mind it. Went with breakfast.

Maple, eventually as calm as she could get during this lull in the fighting, eventually reasserted control. And then the lies started. Skip. She was the admiral of both Vampires and Womp Rats, the latter of whom served faithfully. The vampires, even the men, wore womens lingerie due to chemical accident caused by the Sith hundreds of years before. Skip. She nervously giggled a bit though still shaken as Kurenai pointed out she kinda enjoyed being bitten.

"Guilty." she joked weakly, her eyes still containing some shame at the loss of control. But there was nothing she could do now except learn from her mistakes. Don't use Doashy's Force Body unless you have a damn good reason for doing so.

A screaming Orcani from deeper in the woods, charging in with an electrolance aimed at Yumi. This hit Maple's natural, non-Doashim-related buttons. Her hand stretched out to the Orcani and she tapped her own insanity to mix with the magical energies she had been opened up to since joining the Mandragora. This spell was one she had discovered in that Enclave on Dantooine:

"Mother Nature, a swarm of arrows pierces my foe's flesh."

A burst of bright violet light from her hand followed by ten arrow shaped wisps of energy erupting from that light hurled across from her towards the Orcani at a decent speed. He was still forty meters from her but closing pace rapidly. She deliberately had not properly aimed at him, merely force him away from his current angle.

The Orcani, clad in primitive armor but quick on his feet dodged the relatively slow arrows by shifting to the left. "Ha!" he sneered at them, still charging.

But Maple gave no reaction as he kept coming, except place a hand on Yumi's shoulder as a silent way of telling her not to react.

As he got within ten meters of them, his ankle crossed a trip wire Maple had noticed during her and Yumi's initial attempt to clear the woods of traps but had not yet had a chance to disarm before the Orcani had launched an all out assault on the others.

Darts, hidden in special pipes with special pressure bag apparatuses buried even deeper below that triggered in a lethal semi-circle in his path. Darts, tipped with the same kind of gritty black poison Kurenai found earlier were buried into his armor, but three got through the fabric inbetween the joints. One would have been more than enough, she guessed, but there was added psychological value watching your buddy get punctured repeatedly by tiny individual death sentences. He sputtered, bodily seized up as the veins in his eyes swelled red along with his neck. He sputtered, choked, and shook for a few seconds before he keeled over, stone dead before he the ground.

Maple sighed. And just when she and Yumi had been starting to have a moment. She pulled out her comlink, contacting [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] to inform her of her progress. The mission could not stop, unfortunately, just because Maple was half tempted to let Yumi continue biting her. That could happen later, hopefully after stir-fry. And maybe biscuits.

"Boss? Maple here. These woods we went to are riddle with traps. I think Yumi and me were clearing what we could find out for maybe a solid twenty minutes. But I think the woods are still pretty densely packed. The Orcani clearly anticipated something like this. I wouldn't reccomend moving large numbers through these woods, not without some pretty decent detection equipment. They also got this really nasty gritty black poison Yumi found on one of the darts. Don't let one get in you. I saw the results first hand. Maple out."

Maple began to rise up, no longer exhausted.

"So...what're you doing this weekend?" she asked, some of her normally upbeat disposition returning as she got to her feet.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

vxkEfe.png

Objective: Boss Fight
Tags: [member="Rapax"] [member="Asher Mossa"] [member="Minerva Vessia"] [member="William the Bloody"]

vxkC8f.png

Two lit blades met, giving off an even louder hissing sound as Anastasia stared at the woman. Her opponent was a slender woman yet strong and vicious, with an expression like most of the opponents she had faced today yet this one was slightly older than the others. Their weapons stayed locked for a time before Ana reached out to the Force, summoning it to her side than releasing it around her like a burst of energy, sending the woman flying away from her. "Wakanda," the older woman muttered at her as she scrapped herself off her feet, her free hand moving to the side as she chanted unfamiliar words, her fingers igniting on fire before the fire spread across her palm as she charged at the Apprentice again.

"No," Anastasia just stated as she reached out through the Force again, wrapping an invisible hand around the woman's neck and beginning to choke her. The older woman held the flames for a time long before they started dying out just as she began to suffocate.

The company joined them soon enough, the sound of singing joining them just before the girl from outside grabbed the woman's other hand and crushed it. The woman released a scream. Anastasia continued to choke her, drowning out the sounds of screams, applying even more pressure to her neck as she did, squeezing tighter and tighter until she'd finally snap the woman's neck, the lifeless body dropping the archaic lightsaber to the ground before she'd fall too, dead.

The lightsaber's beam deactivated against the ground, Anastasia walking over to it to pick it up, inspecting it. It was old, similar to something in her memories that perhaps even older than that. Ancient design, she thought before clipping it to her utility belt along with Ragnos as she deactivated hers as well. Perhaps there would be useful for it someday or perhaps it would prevent someone else to be foolish today. Either way, they were finished, her Force sense detecting only familiar signatures around them.

vxk6Ob.png

Wearing: This with Chakram and Sword only a summon away
Objective: Pacify the Orcani
Tags: [member="Var Talon"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Anya Malvern"] @Gerwald Luchner [member="Srina Talon"] @member="SN-1411 [member="Nysana Talon"] [member="Maple Harte"]

vxkC8f.png

"She has died, you lived. My mother was a lie. She as corrupted a religion that wasn't hers to corrupt and brought you nothing but lies," Ceta's words boomed through the crowd, a small will of magic ensuring all that listened would understand it in the language that understood. "A goddess cannot die, a goddess cannot be defeated by a young girl. Avarisa had died and she had been defeated by a girl in spirit form," her words made the Orcani murmur amongst themselves.

Ceta allowed for the words to sink in as her mirage danced between her child and adult form before showing Katrine's face and back to the face of the world. "This girl that stands before you, which I use as a vessel is my descendent and the Nightmother of the Mandragora. An order which Avarisa tried to violate and claim and yet it stands strong to this day. The spirits have prevailed in in her attacks and defeated her. It stands as a victory against her. Allow them the chance to show you the truth." The Orcani understood words of victory and defeat, standing strong and prevailing. They understood what they were being told.

Their devotion was admirable yet, they were warriors in nature. Ceta was getting through to the ones in front of them. "Allow the true Nightmother to show you the true ways of the Mandragora," the child mirage said before she vanished, leaving Katrine to inhale a deep breath as she was liberated from the spirit holding her presence. Left by herself, she watched as the Orcani watched her curiously. They had been lost with the desecration of the bones and now they stood with a new truth, with thoughts that left their minds heavily engaged. Avarisa was dead. Beaten. Defeated. Mandragora prevailed, the girl prevailed over the spirit form of the one that had kept them in line through generations.

Defeated. The first of them had spoken. Beaten. Another followed. Bested. A third and so it went on as each of them took a piece of information and processed it in the way they understood.
v5ZyWn.gif

Within moments, they began to part ways, hands touching those in front of them to catch their attention. In between them, a woman walked forward, walking ahead with a bloodied sword in her hand. She approached Katrine, who waited, unsure what would become of this stranger and yet something in the woman made her pause, the purple irises undeniably unfamiliar as she came to her. "Sangre de mi Sangre," the woman said as she approached, extending her hand at Katrine. It surprised her, even as the eyes stared at her. In a moment, she had understood what she was told, taking a step closer to the woman as she reached her own hand to the woman, hand grabbing elbow before she was pulled in close. "Sangre de mi Sangre," Katrine repeated the words.

And with words spoken, the Orcani dropped their weapons. A silent decision had been delivered in unity. Their war with the outsiders had ended, it was new words they wished to hear.

[member="Darth Metus"] [member=Rapax] [member="Tobias Dib"] [member="Asher Mossa"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Hadashah Vi'dreya"] [member="Minerva Vessia"] [member="Fawn Alzi"]

Sangre de mi Sangre - Blood of my Blood

Eternal Spark

I N D E P E N D E N C E
vxkEfe.png

The zealots had believed and they died for their beliefs. Beliefs of the shamani would only vanish with their deaths. There was no alternative. One by one, they had fallen at the hands of the Jart and Lylek warriors, with reinforcements sent to their aid when necessary. The Shamani had all perished, even the most superior of them. And with the last of the Shamani dead at the Mandragora's feet, there would be no more else to spread the lies of their false religion and the Orenda had returned where it belonged, in the hands of the Jart Pact...

vxk6Ob.png

With the vision of the child and her wise words, the warriors had stopped their fighting, ending the battle as they were advised to rid themselves of the lies they had been raised with. Among them, a warrior stood out, reaching a hand of peace on behalf of them all to the Nightmother. Blood of her blood, her words had encouraged the warriors to drop their weapons and welcome the outsiders.

vxkC8f.png

| . | Mission Log Amendment:

Orcus had proved a challenge with the savages engaging in battle on two fronts. Mandragora and the Confederacy have prevailed though, with the hell of the deceased. It would be hard to explain just what occurred today in a mission log but my ancestor's spirit had done us a favor we can't repay. Her words had caused the Orcani to lower their weapons and listen, it was nothing I could have done. In them listening to her, the Orcani have proved they're more than just mindless brutes and are capable of thinking for themselves, capable of progressing from the primitive stage their religion has kept them at for so long. The emergence of the woman who calls herself my blood baffles me though. In my discovery of the Hawk history, it hadn't occurred to me there was another branch of the Hawk bloodline until now.

I wonder what this means for my family on Dathomir and what this means for Orcus, that a branch has spread over it and survived. I suppose only time will tell. For now, the Mandragora has their work cut out for them in removing the false beliefs their religion has installed.
| . |

The end

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

The giant earth collosus stood still in the middle of the battle ground, dozens of spears and hundreds of arrows scored its bloodied shale and rock exterior. Inside the core, all you could hear the sound of Daxton breathing in and out, a whistling hiss through gritted teeth. The Sith Lord want to inflict more pain, to vent his fueled rage into the foolish defenders that were hopelessly outclassed. He wished to drink from their despair, to glutton in their sorrow, to rend this world into a pile of quivering ash.

But it was not meant to be, as he could hear over his comms that the enemy was surrendering. With one last hurried breath of disgust, he released his hold to the Dark Side that was powering his armored form. On the outside the the exterior of the stone and earthen creature began to collapse, slowly at first and then with rapidly increasing speed as the material returned to its source, leaving only Daxton floating in mid air before slowly coming to the ground. He stumbles, his joints weak from the extertion, sweat cakes his skin mixing with the fine dust leaving muddy streaks all over his form.

He ignores any attempt to assist as he slowly and painfully makes his way to the nearest med bay facility, where he would collapse into a deep slumber filled dreams of war and murder.

Equipment:Armor - Looks like - Lightsaber Yari - Pistol
Objective: Week end plans
Allies: [member="Maple Harte"]

From this close proximity to the woman laying in her lap Kurenai could hear her the air escaping Maples lungs, her chest rising and falling with each small breath. Not only that the vampire heightened senses able to hear the individual heart beats of the younger force users, still rapid but thankfully slowing down, a potential panic attack. Mainly due to the fact Maple was not 100% right in the head, often going a little loopy with strange hallucinations or what not, but never everything was going well.

"Guilty eh, you are a naughty girl aren't you", she joked, happy that the current fight was over, until once more one of the natives tried to capitulate on the whole emotional moment,Kurenai letting out a small sigh at the constant interruptions. She wanted to simply reach out and crush the nuisance, but Maple seemed to have other plans, using a magic skill that was quite interesting to see, even if she had missed, by Kurenai trusted the skilled mercenary to take care of the bothersome beast.

The pinnacle point of the small engagement coming to an end when one of the left over trap becoming the death of the warrior, quite ironic, deadly and also amusing to watch. The now poisoned and crumpled beast helping to remove the extra trap, but also give a demonstration on how potent the gungy black poison was, 'I will have to see about obtaining some sample for... personal use'.

As Maple reported to the esteemed Katrine Van-Derveld Kureani rose to her feet, for the moment holstering the small array of weapons that were kept on her person, waiting for the brunette mercenary to follow suit, one that was accompanied by a rather interesting question. "This week end? I am free, I do not think the CIS has anything planned for me, and I need a little time away from combat, why do you ask"? She had a good idea why, but Kurenai wanted to here the reasoning from Maple herself, something about making the girl blush just felt so satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom