Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Weight of Our Choices (SJC + GA(NJO))

Nico Kaidshau

N

CLEARING THE AIR
Auteme Auteme

Kade had heard the grumblings of discontent about the New Jedi Order. A mixed bag of praise and admonishing remarks in regard to their style of operation. He had heard of a number of their own leaving the Concord with vexed frustrations at this or that in favor of this order. All of which made the old man question what it was about the other order that drew such attention. Question what was so appealing about leaving the Concord for a group seemingly focused on aggressive tendencies.

His trip to the New Jedi Order temple had been uneventful, having come halfway a time before to speak with a number of senators on the negotiation of a space station between the groups. It had been an opportunity for them to have a relatively neutral ground to cooperate from, but he had heard little of its development beyond the initial meeting, and had pushed it to the back of his mind while attending to the younglings on Kashyyk.

But his attention once more diverted itself to the Galactic Alliance, and specifically the New Jedi Order when seemingly innocuous thoughts had lingered and formed questions that yielded little without asking. Prompting him to quell the thoughts, and possibly mend what he saw as a rift in the two groups relationship.

They were allies, but allies that seemed at odds with one another. And nothing was more dangerous than a friend who felt slighted after mounting frustrations only exasperated how they felt and forced them to find an outlet for these feelings.

His appearance was simple, orderly robes covered him, beard neatly kept and hair pulled back into a simple ponytail. His lightsaber was on his hip, presented for all to see while his hands remained entwined before him at his waist. Calm radiated from him, and a warm smile greeted those who spoke to him. He waited just inside their building, not wishing to intrude on business as he made a request to speak with someone of the order.

His eyes wandered over the structure, idle thoughts on it's construction passing the time as he waited.

if they're watching anyways
hJJw3Ng.png

Nico Kaidshau
Auteme had passed him twice now, and she still couldn't decide if he was eighty or thirty-five. There was an odd divide between the color of his hair and the astonishing lusciousness. No wrinkles, but a kind of beer belly. Calmness of a Jedi Master, yet the smolder of a holostar. She supposed he might be fifty.

Not that any of that was important -- he was a Jedi; she could sense the weight of his presence from across the hall. Obviously he didn't want to intrude. Someone from the Silver Jedi, if she had to guess. Did they need a receptionist? Honestly, that was something she'd need to learn to do. Hiring people to do work for her might as well be a politician's job.

She wasn't there yet. She had time to practice. But first-

She approached the grey-haired master.
"Hi there, ah, can I help you?" she asked, offering a kind smile. "I'm Auteme- sorry, it seems like no one's greeted you. We're a little busy, but I'm happy to make time if you need anything."

Nico Kaidshau

N

His eyes drifted to a lovely young lady that approached, his smile appreciative of being addressed. "Ah, yes. I am Master Kade of the Silver Jedi. A pleasure to make your acquaintance Auteme. I requested an audience with a few of the New Jedi Order to go over things to bring to the Silver council's attention."

He gave a small dismissing wave of his hand to the matter of being greeted.

"It is a busy time in the galaxy. I do hope I am not intruding or interrupting anything?" He offered, before giving a rolling laugh. "Some of the younglings decided to try an ask me for a meditation class before I left knowing I was coming here, so I understand being busy or being made busy."

"Oh- well, a little bit," she admitted. Given her vision just a day before, the entire New Jedi Order was preparing to head to Csilla. Of course, the Temple didn't actually seem that busy, given the small size of their Order and the enormity of the building. "But I'm happy to make time for you. We don't actually get that many visitors, especially from the Silver Jedi."

Jedi tended to stick with their crowds at their particular enclaves. Kashyyyk wasn't far from Coruscant, but there was more dividing them than just space. There was also more uniting them.

Auteme beckoned Kade to follow, and she began to lead him towards her office. She was always blown away by the idea that she had an office.

"I'd been meaning to visit Kashyyyk again for a while, to speak to the Council. Got close, when I was out at Sarka and Ossus, but- there's a lot going on, after all, and I didn't have the chance. There were a few things I wanted to bring up."

She slowed for a moment, and turned back to face him. "Are you on the Council, or more of an envoy?"

Nico Kaidshau

N

Oh-well, a little bit.

He blinked, giving a small frown at the thought of interruptions. Knowing full well how busy things could get put a small cloud over his thoughts. A ray of sunlight came through that particular cloud though with her adding on the lack of visitors.

"Anymore it seems visits only happen when the call for aid is sent. Not much time for visiting or catching up in that matter." He shrugged with just his shoulders. Her words made him nod as he followed behind her before stopping with her next question.

"An unofficial envoy. I came of my own volition after feeling-wrong word. I can see a disconnect between our groups on certain topics. I know that some are not content with the others choices." He offered quietly. "But I would rather see us speak and get through to ill while attempting to reconcile than simply stare at one another across the galaxy spitefully. At the very least come to an understanding."

"Ah, I see." She supposed it was... something. It wasn't as if either Order had a genuine government or 'public relations' group. If the meeting was unofficial, she didn't really have anything to worry about.

"You're lucky," she said, opening the door to her office as the came to it. "I probably understand that disconnect best among the New Jedi -- er, at least, I view it with a more negative connotation."

Her office was spacious, and quite empty. A simple wood desk, with one chair on one side and two on the other, rested at the room's center; aside from the usual amenities needed to do work in the space, it was quite empty. She didn't actually use her office often. If she needed to read or work, she usually just went to the archives, or her own room.

Nonetheless, it seemed more appropriate for meetings. She entered the room and closed the door behind the both of them. "Many here," she began, sidling into her seat on one side of the desk, "view the Silver Jedi as inactive and stagnant. A vast majority of the New Jedi Order were hurt by previous occupations of the Core, particularly by the Sith, and that's shaped worldviews. Now that there's power in the hands of the Alliance and the New Jedi Order, it seemed the logical next step to force the Sith back. Retribution for past crimes and whatnot, along with genuine justice for the billions who have been harmed and subjugated during the many years of their reign.

"Now, it's been pointed out to us previously that there is a more serious threat. The Silver Jedi have had to bear the brunt of the Bryn'adûl's rampage across the Outer Rim, so, I understand why there may not be the resources to combat the Sith as well. The issue comes when those views are expressed by those who are desperate to actively oppose the Alliance in our fight with the Sith. When the idea of 'stop fighting, we need to unite to fight the Drael' is expressed by someone such as Laertia Io -- who actively killed Jedi on various occasions, and who has yet to be officially denounced and exiled by the Silver Jedi -- or the Eternal Empress, it is... disconcerting, when that same idea may be held by some among the Silver Jedi. It certainly hasn't discouraged anyone here; if anything, there are simply more criminals who must be brought to justice. The New Jedi Order hasn't ignored the Bryn'adûl, either, but many more here are willing to fight the Sith, and most feel that willingness is not shared by the Silver Jedi.

"Of course, I'm not up to date on the situation, especially with the... relative silence on the part of the Concord's government, and the state of flux the council seems to be in at all times. If you're willing to update me on the situation on your end, I'm happy to listen."

Nico Kaidshau

N
Auteme Auteme

"I am glad to be speaking with someone who knows the disconnect well then. I have to say I am relatively removed from the situation to be quite honest." He admitted. "Though sometimes that is best when those with strong feelings clash."

Not gawking, he took in the contents of her office with a sliding gaze before taking a seat and listening to her speak.

Taking a moment to process her words, he linked his hands together in his lap. She brought up points, but also brought to light issues that he had been previously unaware of. As to who had suggested a truce between the warring parties. Something he would bring up to the relevant parties upon his return. For now he addressed what he could.

"And that is fair that those within the New Jedi would believe the Silvers to be stagnant and lacking. My counterpoint for such thinking though is that the Silvers are not actively seeking to begin a war against the sith that we cannot wholly dedicate our resources towards. Yes, no one questions that they have certainly committed atrocities in their time. They have subjugated a great number of planets under their rule.

The Silvers if I am not mistaken have maintained that they actively seek to help those who cannot help themselves. We are more a school than an active military force dedicated to teaching control over the force in those that show potential. We provide guidance and materials to those that seek it. We provide protection to those planets that have agreed to be under our protection.

"The Silvers do not actively seek to produce a large enough military presence to dominate the galaxy or to be perceived as a threat to free peoples or governments. We maintain our numbers to keep a secure border and to quell threats to the people. Of which most all our resources for such have been dedicated to stopping the Bryn'adûl's active warpath and complete destruction of planets, populace, cultures, and technologies.

"While I would like to say that the Sith remain a large threat to us. The Galactic Alliance and your ally, the New Imperial Order, have done quite well in keeping the Sith's attention to their own borders. And as we attempt to maintain the bulwark against the threat of the Bryn, we throw what remains of our military that way.

"Splitting what we have to a foe already dedicated to fighting two large powers, as well as their own splinter groups if my understanding of the situation is correct, has left us largely removed from their gaze. Giving us a reprieve from their threat. I can only speak for myself when I say that your effort to push the Sith back is not unappreciated by us.

"But asking us to shift our gaze from the Bryn to the Sith with a threat that seeks to completely eradicate not only us, but everything around us down to the last fiber seems shortsighted. The Bryn do not enslave, they do not hold any regard for the cultures or ideas of the planets and peoples they conquer. They consume everything, removing from the galaxy entire groups of peoples. Leaving nothing in their wake.

"There exists nothing of those peoples now gone. There is nothing to save when the threat of the Bryn is removed. No art, no history, ideas, nothing. Barren planets left in their wake devoid of any and all life. And they wish to continue this path on our borders.

"I recognize the threat of the Sith. The entire galaxy does without dispute. The name alone is enough to draw scorn in most any halls with which it is uttered. But how can we dedicate to a fight on two fronts when we cannot even secure our border from one threat?"

"As for our government. A number of things have occurred to throw us out of balance. Any attempt at unity is removed with the constant state of change. Leaving those frustrated to strike out on their own and leave larger gaps to fill. Which only compounds the issue of a united front I mentioned before."

"I understand," she said. "There's a bit of an awkward conflation -- even with the establishment of a more concrete government structure in the Concord, many people feel that the Silver Jedi Order hold more power. I mean, the Antarian Rangers, and other various armed forces all operated without a genuine government structure to hold them accountable. They were only under orders from the Jedi.

"The Alliance and the New Jedi Order, though close allies, are still separate, and the Alliance has far more power when it comes to conflict. Even so, we've tied our identity to the Alliance, because we've been here since its founding and have helped in every way we can. When the Alliance is doing something, when it has allies, they're our allies too.

"We've helped at every turn against the Draelvasier -- and with, say, the Sith attack on Ossus. And while I personally couldn't encourage more war and violence, I think at the very least there is some expectation that the Silver Jedi support the Alliance. It wouldn't even need to be a commitment, or a deployment of soldiers. Just encouragement to cooperate, to help fellow Jedi. No, not everyone has the resources to fight everywhere, but it doesn't mean Jedi should be restricted on where they face injustice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom