Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warcraft Series

Like it or not, Warcraft is epic in terms of storyline recently... I played the MMO for years as some people may remember me saying, but now it's about time I figure out who all plays still.

My battletag is IvoBrunestud

Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne were amazing games. I still proffer Warcraft 3 to Starcraft 2.

Also, the entire Sylvanas storyline. From WC3 to the events of WoW. Following the story of the Forsaken has been a joy.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Warcraft 3 was quite fun.

I wish Warcraft 2 had the benefit of the later advances in gameplay and scripting which would have allowed it to tell a more coherent narrative.
Same, if Warcraft 2 was done like that, I would most likely love it more than Warcraft 3.

Second War was always my favorite setting in the Warcraft Universe.

Ahh Warcraft. I've been with you nearly 6 years. Sure we had our troubles, I've quit you three times due to various reasons. Slogged the demonic horrors of the Burning Crusade. Crusaded in Northrend to Ice Crown Citadel and felled the Lick King. Survived the Cataclysm and slayed Deathwing. Mind wiped myself of everything that happened in Mists of Pandaria. Except for calling Garrosh, Gary. Now Warlords is here. And I find that my guild has no need of me because I'm a tank. I felt excluded after promises of a position. I may quit yet again but haven't decided. I've until the end of the month to make that decision. I had so much fun so far though, but I might just finally set it aside for good.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]
Agreed, it had all the feeling of an epic war...but the detail is so poorly known. It's not helped by the parallel campaigns where you have bits of each being canon.

I'd like to see them redone by someone using modern engines.

Rayl Wilded said:
Ahh Warcraft. I've been with you nearly 6 years. Sure we had our troubles, I've quit you three times due to various reasons. Slogged the demonic horrors of the Burning Crusade. Crusaded in Northrend to Ice Crown Citadel and felled the Lick King. Survived the Cataclysm and slayed Deathwing. Mind wiped myself of everything that happened in Mists of Pandaria. Except for calling Garrosh, Gary. Now Warlords is here. And I find that my guild has no need of me because I'm a tank. I felt excluded after promises of a position. I may quit yet again but haven't decided. I've until the end of the month to make that decision. I had so much fun so far though, but I might just finally set it aside for good.
You, sir, are awesome xD

I have had a lot of fun as my Blood Elf Hunter, to the point where I'm debating bringing him here in some fashion, that or just staying in LOA and trying to get him transferred to my new account xD Either way, I honestly miss the times where I could go into a bar as him and have a good RP xD

Between Brood War and Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne I am still in love with the Frozen Throne. Undead dear lord. . .

Blizzard just create great story and they kind of shot themselves in the foot with WoW and Warcraft 3, W3 was such a success but since the story between WoW and W3 is shared they can't really make a W4 but. . . *cries inside* Blizzard is trying to be the greatest Esport Company as well so I mean they certainly have pressure to make something great. (Brood War and then came Wings of Liberty so much hate on Wings)

Anywho thought enough of my rant. . . .

[Member="Valiens Nantaris"]

As much as I enjoyed the Story (WoL, HoTs and Brood War) the competitive play was horrendous. As soon as I got to Plat I wanted to be a Diamond player but got shot down against Zerg's Infestor. INFENSTOR!!! I wanted to punch my wall. . .

Rage Aside, the balances and the mechanical changes from BW to WoL to HOTS got not worse, but made easier. An Example would be the Muta Micro, in BW you could stack them and have them move and attack seamlessly without having it look like they stopped to attack. This took some quite a bit of training and practice but in WoL and HOTS the Muta AI and how the animation works simply does not allow it to work in that fashion.

Sort of like in Sports where they tell the All Star he has to be handicapped (Or rather make the game less demanding) to allow other players to catch up. As much as I appreciate sportsman ship and easier games to play and enjoy, I enjoy even more when I watch Boxer or Flash simply awe the crowds with their micro and strats, or seeing players like Jaedong simply out perform Kings of the game and slay them as the tyrant he was (or is).

Though all that taken into account I honestly enjoy the games, the graphics and the new units, new strats and new micro skills and with Legacy coming out it seems this game is only going up. The hate is simply based around of how much patches and balance changes that were needed to make the game "balanced" till this point. Balances is whole other can of worms I won't open.

Wings though also forced me to get a new graphics card and essentially a new Comp lol, so bitter memories :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom