Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The War for Valen

Karen Roberts said:
Space Team discovers Cortosis Readings 30 days ago. Everybody wants a piece.

• How many NPC's can we bring? Are you expecting us to land with a Science Team? ...An Army Division? ...A Sector Fleet? ...Or every duct-taped vessel and smoking vehicle our Faction can muster? (aka Clockwork) :D
For now, we are going to let common sense reign. The planet is protected by electrical storms, getting transports and other ships through is difficult. Please be reasonable and keep all this in mind when throwing troops into the fray. I trust our members enough to give that freedom.

Circe Savan said:
This really seems to be just an attempt to stretch out an invasion/dominion...
This entire event is an attempt to give people a chance to truly write War. A lot of people have come to me and some others on staff about wanting to do more in-depth threads. Most RP's about war on SWRP and other roleplaying boards are on a very broad and planetary(sometimes even galactic) scale for obvious reasons. This event is focused around sizing that element down.

I personally hope to see battle threads where both sides are stuck in a rainstorm, slowly starving, sitting in trenches and waiting for an opportunity to attack. I want to see the misery of what war can bring instead of "WOOOOOOOOSH I'M A SITH AND I DESTROY EVERYTHING IN ONE GO BECAUSE IM POOOOOOOWERFUUULL YARG!"

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] One question if I may... which edge of space is it located on? While I understand the event I believe in all honesty the location on the map of the system would create a far different rp.... for instance if this is on the Sith edge obviously I'm not going to try to settle it as much as establish some mining, do some exploring, and generally let the sith take care of their own problem

if this is on the north or south of our map again same basic principle ... if its on the Fringe side I'd have a much more aggressive move on everything naturally. Is it possible to get its map location, or is that decided yet?

Its general location is decided, though for these threads it honestly won't matter. The planet is on the very far outskirts of the galaxy though, basically at the end of one of the arms. It is difficult to have it not be near any faction(obviously) but its location means that no faction will have an advantage over others if they take it. Sorry if thats a bit vague but were still debating a few things!
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
How long will this planetary conflict last? As much as I wanted to do a World War One style thread, it can take sometimes several months for developed trench warfare to begin, and that requires a stalemate line that lasts a long time.

Arcturus Procyon said:
How long will this planetary conflict last? As much as I wanted to do a World War One style thread, it can take sometimes several months for developed trench warfare to begin, and that requires a stalemate line that lasts a long time.
If you mean IC time that is again up to the members. We will give no specific timeline for the vent itself, though i imagine that early threads will take place right as the War for Valen begins and as the month of January drags on and more of the map is claimed that more IC time will take place. Settings, scenarios, and all things of that nature will be decided by participating factions. I trust people will make their own threads that make logical sense.

If however it becomes a huge issue, i'll set up a timeline and such as well.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] one more question then I promise to stop poking... will there be more information of the species living there forthcoming cultural traits, government etc or will that be learned via the actual RP? sorry lots of questions man but I'll cut it after this

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] thank you sorry I'm an info junkie.... I'm that freak who actually read all the logs of crud they jammed into pages of encyclopedia form in games etc... appreciate the quick responses and and as promised I am done with my odd line of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom