Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Underground

TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble
GEAR: Disguised Guard, head coated in a brown hoodie.

The spaceport on the planet Eriadu bustled with activity, ships of various sizes and shapes coming and going like a cosmic ballet. Corbin's been at this for a couple of months, calling in an a favor with an old friend... This mission could take more months, bordering on years and that's a level of patience Corbin simply didn't have. The soldier in him wanted things to move along, to be wrapped up faster. Of course, he didn't tell her the full details, only that she'd be helping him out a great deal. Eriadu had always been a planet of intrigue, its political undercurrents as treacherous as the jagged cliffs that dotted its landscape. Corbin had been sent here on a covert mission, one that had taken him deep into the heart of Eriadu's corrupt political landscape and its sinister criminal syndicates.

Corbin's sharp eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar figure disembarking from a sleek starship, her silhouette framed by the soft glow of the landing bay lights. At least, he had hoped that it was her. With a practiced nonchalance, Corbin approached her. His heart raced, not from fear, but from the excitement of the mission and the sheer audacity of their undertaking.

"Sword." he called out, his voice carrying the warmth of camaraderie, "Long time no see." He wouldn't dare utter her name out in public. He wanted it to be both discreet and public at the same time. He's sure that soon enough, word would circle around about the sword of the jedi visiting this planet, a ruffle across many circles to see what shakes. What gets moved around. If Alliance troopers came in a swarm, they were cocky. But if a well-known Jedi showed up? It's a different story.

Eriadu
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Corbin Valor Corbin Valor

It had been a while.

She could hardly remember the last time she heard from him, and for some reason, contact had entirely faded after he left. But now she understood — it had been part of a mission. Valery wasn't exactly in on the details about it, and he probably couldn't share those on any signal for fear of exposure, but she was going to find out. He had requested her help and she'd never refuse that to any friend. She just wished she knew more going into it.

Soon after the request for help was made, Valery's X-wing dropped out of Hyperspace over Eriadu, and landed at the coordinates he had sent her. The canopy opened with a hiss, and Valery emerged from the cockpit. She hadn't told anybody except for her family about this mission, so there was luckily nobody waiting on her except for him.

"It has been a while," Valery agreed before offering a faint smile. "It's good to see you again though, and in good health?" she asked as she looked him over once.

"I am curious what this is all about though, so should we talk somewhere more privately?"

Her smile was met with one of his own, though tinged with a hint of concern. "Yes, it's been too long." Corbin replied, his voice gentle. "And as for my health, well, the galaxy hasn't managed to do me in yet." There was always something to do, but as much as he'd love to discuss more about what's going on with each other, he glanced around briefly, assessing their surroundings. Eriadu was known for its intrigue and secrets, so discussing sensitive matters out in the open was hardly advisable. Corbin's instincts for caution kicked in.

"I've arranged for a secure location not far from here. It's a place where we can talk without the risk of prying ears. Please, follow me." With that, Corbin gestured for Valery to follow him, leading the way through the bustling spaceport. He tried to move with purpose, blending in with the crowd as they made their way, trusting that Valery knew how to do the same.

As they walked, Corbin couldn't help but feel a sense of relief that Valery had responded to his call for help. He owed her more than she realised, he still had to find a way to properly repay her back for the time that she saved his life. Ah well, thoughts for the future.

The entrance to the secret hideout was deceptively plain, concealed within a nondescript building in one of Eriadu's less frequented sectors. Corbin led Valery through a maze of narrow alleyways, each seemingly more obscure than the last. The planet's air was heavy with the scent of industrial pollution. As they approached the unassuming building, Corbin paused briefly, his fingers deftly tapping a sequence into a hidden panel. With a soft hiss, the door slid open, revealing a dimly lit corridor beyond.

The hideout itself was a stark contrast to the bustling, chaotic world outside. Soft, muted lighting illuminated the polished metallic surfaces of the corridor. The air was clean and carried a hint of antiseptic. As Corbin and Valery stepped inside, the door slid shut behind them, sealing off the outside world. The corridor led to a small, well-furnished lounge area. Plush seats and a low table adorned with holographic displays created an atmosphere of comfort.

"Welcome to our temporary base of operations. Used to be a smuggler's hideout but it got ditched. I almost didn't find it the first time I came here." he sat down, trusting that she'd do the same. "Before we start... I'm assuming you got questions. Or just want to catch up first." otherwise, he wouldn't mind if they went straight to business, but he knew they were... friends, to an extent.

Eriadu
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Corbin Valor Corbin Valor

"Sounds good, lead the way," Valery said after he suggested a more private location to discuss what all of this was about. But while she expected a simple building somewhere close, Corbin instead began to lead her down various alleyways and down several narrow corridors. It made sense to keep the conversation away from the wrong types, but was it really this bad out here? She decided to just trust him on it, and followed him inside after the door slid open for her.

On the other end of the hallway, she spotted a lounge and the moment they entered, Corbin seemed to loosen up a little. This hideout was secure, so he clearly felt like he could speak more freely to her.

"Nice place you got here," she said with a chuckle, before sitting down on the couch herself. It didn't exactly look like a military base, or even SIA, but that was probably the point. If someone were to discover it, she doubted that he'd want them to instantly understand what kind of place it really was.

It was like the SIA and its safehouses everywhere.

"I think starting with what you've been up to here would be a good idea. I thought you were dead for a while, after not hearing a thing. What has been going on here?"

"You thought I was dead, huh?" he mused, a wry half-smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I guess that's the kind of rumor you'd want circulating when you're in my line of work. At least for what I'm doing. I've been stuck undercover for a few months." he played the role of guard, doing a few... "questionable" things here and there to get the attention of the right people, but they didn't seem to bite. Of course, he tried to not do anything that went too far by the alliance's standards. "It's the same old story. A planet with a lot of good potential, but in the core it has corrupt politicians and a criminal syndicate. This planet has a lot of valuable resources that can be mined, so it has a mining guild. Unfortunately, the said mining guild is the front for the major criminal syndicate and they have a lot of influence over... well, everything. They make the credits, so they click their fingers and everyone pays attention. A lot of smuggling operations and whatnot are coming from this planet, and that's why I'm here, as well as my squad. We'll slowly work ourselves in, learn more and if given the chance, stop the whole thing altogether. Obviously, a handful of men isn't capable of stopping a planet-wide operation so quickly." he'd give her the scope, to give her the full visual idea of what they're dealing with.

"The smuggling operations are just the tip of the iceberg. They've got a network that extends to the highest echelons of power. Dirty politicians, compromised law enforcement, you name it. They've turned this planet into their playground, and we're here to flip the board." and he moved forward, finally revealing the reason as to why she's here. "But, you've got a name. We've tried to make sure that your arrival here is quiet. We were waiting for them to make mistakes, but they're pretty good in covering their tracks, both within the underworld of crime and in politics. But, let's say a certain Jedi Master requested a meeting, wanting to validate their legitimacy... you have nothing, but someone with your status would make them a bit cagey. Liable to mistakes, and that's what we want to capitalize on." he waited to hear what she might have to say. "So, what do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom