Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UnderDark [Yusao/Dar'rak/Sochi/Saran]

@[member="Master Dar'rak"] | @[member="Yasuo"] | @[member="Sochi Ru"] | @[member="Saran Drast"]

To be completely honest, Coruscant had been embarrassed. Wholly abashed all over the Holonet news.
Sith infiltrate the Senate.
Kiskla was frustrated by the amount of reactions to the threat, or rather, lack thereof. There was still potential darkness in The City, and as a member of the Jedi Council it was her duty to ensure purity remained sanctioned to the home planet of the Jedi Temple. But, she was busy and couldn't do everything herself.

Kiskla pinched the skin between her eyes as she waited in one of the meditative rooms. She'd invested so much time lately into training others, that she'd neglected to further her own training. Her current interest? Battle meld. She'd touched on it lightly with her prior Master, but that was one mind. She wanted to touch more, but to do so, she had to conquer her own mentality before she reached out to others; them being cognizant of it or not.

Earlier that day, Kiskla had sent a correspondence to four Padawans she knew were actively training on Coruscant. Half of them were her full responsibility, and essentially had to do this mission whether they liked it or not. The others, well, it was always wise to act on the suggestions of superiors.

They were assigned to meet her in the next ten minutes. And so, she stood from her meditative position to await the oncoming learners.

Saran entered, knowing she was the first one there, and that @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] was meditating. Careful not to disturb her, Saran say and began to fiddle with her lightsaber handle. She hoped that the others would be here soon. She hated not knowing them.

Atlas Kane

A
Yasuo entered the room. He had been excited to finally go on a mission, ever since he had been informed about it. It would prove to be quite the experience and he could make some friends along the way. When he entered he saw another padawan had already arrived.

''Sorry for being late.'' He said to @[member="Kiskla Grayson"], then he turned to the padawan and introduced himself ''Hi there, I don't think we have met yet. I'm Yasuo. What's your name?''

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran barely looked up as she replied: "Pleased to meet you @[member="Yasuo"], I'm Saran." The Miraluka replaced her lightsaber on her belt and called her shoto to her hand, making sure it was in working order. She might just need it.

Atlas Kane

A
''Nice to meet you!'' He said ''I'm looking forward to going on this mission with you.''
Then he leaned against the wall next to the entrance and pulled out a flute from his bag. ''You two don't mind if I play on my flute for a bit, do you? It helps me in keeping calm before big events.''

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Saran Drast"]

Atlas Kane

A
''Not at all.'' He said and started playing. It was a calm song, a song his father had taught him many years ago.

He wondered when the others
would arrive. It would be good to finally meet them.

@[member="Sochi Ru"] @[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"]

Sochi had been training under Master Grayson recently, honing her skills in Form III: Soresu. She had been asked to participate in Padawan Pack running. Another mission for her to participate in was good for her to put use to her new skills she had been studying up on. She'd known that Master Grayson took on a couple of new padawans, none of whom she had met yet. It would also be a good Oppurtunity for them to get acquainted with one another. They were tasked with meeting up with her within 10 minutes, which is why she headed out early. As she walked through the temple to making her way to meditation chambers, a place she frequented often, she was clad in her brown Jedi robes, which covered a black shirt, and a long, flowing, brown skirt. As she entered the room she met two others, whom she assumed were here to partake. She approached the two with her hands in front of her, interlocked. They had already been conversing.

"Greetings, are you both here for the Pack running mission?" She asked softly.

@[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"]

Atlas Kane

A
The sound of a door opening caught Yasuo's attention and he stopped playing to look who had came in. ''Hello. And yes, we are also here for the mission.'' Then he asked ''I don't think we have met before, I'm Yasuo nice to meet you.''

@[member="Sochi Ru"] @[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"]

Dar’rak was called by Master @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] to do a mission and meet some of the other padawans under her tutelage. As it stood he walked into the meditation hall where everyone seemed to have been gathering already. Master Kiskla was meditating quietly while a male figure he did not know held in his position a flute while one of the two females was messing with a shoto. The third Padawan looked to be a Togruta female.

Dar’rak entered the room completely covered by his brown Jedi robes as he did not know how the others would take his form at first glance. The only parts that shown through was his tail and his reptilian snout as his hood covered most of his head and face. His gold eyes did glow from beneath his hood as he looked around the room at all who were present as his nostrils flared taking in their scents for later. His arms were folded in front of him so they slipped into the opposite sides sleeve hiding them as well from view.

Atlas Kane

A
When @[member="Master Dar'rak"] entered the room, Yasuo turned his attention to him. The cloaked figure was quite a bit taller than he was and probably a lot stronger as well. The figure also had quite an unusual look to him, with his tail and his snout that protruded from under his hood. Yasuo had not seen a species that looked similar, but he wasn't one to judge the looks of someone. All that counted to Yasuo was how good the other was at fighting and how much they could drink.
That's why he greeted the cloaked figure in a welcoming way ''Greetings. Are you here for the mission as well? Oh, and I'm Yasuo, nice to meet you.''

Dar’rak looked down at the male with his flute when he had addressed him. When he spoke Dar’rak’s lips curled back revealing his toothy grin and a harsh graveled reptilian voice. “Yes I am here for the mission. @[member="Yasuo"] was it? My name is Dar’rak (D - ar - rack), it is nice to meet you as well. I take it the four of us are all being trained under Master Kiskla and are going on this mission?” Once Dar’rak stopped talking his lips folded back over his teeth hiding them from view.

Mission Name: The underdark
Mission Location: Coruscant
Mission Difficulty: Easy
Mission Objective: Padawan pack investigate the ancient undercity
Mission Slots: 2-4 padawans

"Welcome, Padawan Drast" Kiskla addressed to the first padawan, @[member="Saran Drast"] to invite her more into the cavernous room. Kiskla had briefly met the girl before and had aided her first foray into The Force. Like many younglings, Saran showed great potential despite her physical disability.

"You're not late, Yasuo" The young woman assured @[member="Yasuo"]. The young man was an emotional sort, one with a past that had the potential to inflict a large amount of influence on his future. Kiskla had taken it upon herself to make sure that whatever influence the past had, was not detrimental. She ahd suffered something similar to his plights, and she would not allow him to go down the road she had taken for her own vindictive purposes. She was pleased to see both Yasuo and Saran taking to each other so quickly in conversation. That was the crucial lesson in this mission she had arranged. She feared from her own experiences, as well as some others she knew, that solo work was that of the future. And with the impeding doom of the darkside, it was imperative that each member of the Jedi Order work together to strengthen on another. Iron to iron.

A nod in the direction of the Togrutan Padawan; "And welcome to you, Padawan Ru." Shortly after the arrival of the casual learner, @[member="Sochi Ru"], her most recent Padawan, a fighter named Dar'rak entered the facilities. With the arrival of @[member="Master Dar'rak"], Kiskla could feel the anticipation within each of them, and when all four were together, it was tangible. And it thrilled Kiskla to be a catalyst to their learning.

Welcome to her pedagogical methods.

"Your assumption is correct, Dar'rak." Kiskla interrupted, stepping forward toward the circle of Padawans. "And I appreciate you all coming today." She let that soak in for a moment before reaching into the pocket of her vest and pulling out a miniature projector that fit in her palm.

"You see, there's been some disturbing activity in the underworlds of Coruscant ever since the sith infiltration of the senate." Truth was, it was a concern of the council, but not a top priority. Therefore, Kiskla had taken the opportunity to use this for each person's learning curve. They were all strikingly different individuals, and would play off each other's strengths and weaknesses in a way she never could in a one-on-one environment. "We're afraid that some of Coruscant has been tainted with the darkside, and the ruins are susceptible to darkness due to the history of the planet." She thumbed a small button on the holoprojector, and a spray of blue radiated from the centre of the device. Kiskla's facial features were highlighted by a cerulean glow as the image began to take shape, and resemble some crumbling ruins. This image rotated and enlarged enough for the Padawans to see. "Your assignment is to investigate the ancient undercity of Coruscant and secure it. There will be a report to fill out, should you find anything unsettling." Her light eyes moved to each individual before continuing, making sure she still had their attention "You will likely run into some of the more...rough civillians of Coruscant. These are merely contingencies and not implacable foes."

zzzuurp

The image closed down and Kiskla handed the device to Sochi. She seemed to be a reader, and would be a keen navigator for the team.

"Any questions before you go?"

Sochi lowered her head slightly, to bow in respect for her peer, "Oh no we haven't, I am Padawan Sochi Ru." She said softly, smiling at the man. She turned to the female, "Yes, I am apart of the group." She said with a warm smirk on her face, her attention quickly turned to the arrival of another who was covered by his robes. She wondered why he kept his appearance secret, he would be amongst friends. Nevertheless she didn't want to push the subject. She turned her body all the way around, and shot him a welcoming smile, she spoke, "Greetings fellow Padawan, Im Sochi Ru. It would seem I am the only one who isn't directly under the tutelage of Master Grayson." While those words came from her mouth, the attention would soon turn to the Master that called them all here. She smiled once she was greeted by her, then she welcomed them all and began along with describing to them the task at hand. The projector that was pulled out of her pocket, would show a massive blue glow, they could all watch. It would cast the blue shadow across her face while they looked directly at it. They were to investigate the under city of coruscant, due to the recent attack on the senate by the sith, it sure didn't sound like much, especially since there was a group of them, but anything could happen of course. After briefing Master Grayson handed Ru the projector, possibly symbolizing that she should help navigate the team through the under city. She held the projector in her hand tightly, as they still conversed before being sent on their way.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"] @[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran didn't understand why this was a padawan mission. "What if we run into a Sith?" It didn't make sense. If someone who was powerful enough to attack the Senate might be down there, why sent ones so young to fight it.

There's not such thing as stupid questions.

Kiskla's indifferent expression never waivered. "You all have access to my contact. I will be on planet if you run into anything." The Master tapped the ever-present datapad on her hip. She had a lesson of her own to execute, and her own abilities to develop. "The Sith evacuated the same day they came, what you'll be searching for is dark activity rather than beings themselves. You also have three other qualified Padawan learners to assist you. You're all going in this together to learn how to work as a team and build on each other's strengths."

Kiskla paused, and looked toward @[member="Saran Drast"], even if she couldn't return the gaze. "Does that answer your question, and give you more confidence?"

Dar’rak was thinking very much the same thing as @[member="Saran Drast"], She just happened to say it first. They may have all been Padawans with ample skill in one department or another, but they were in fact still padawans and were in no way ready for contact with a Sith. Dar’rak needed more information on what it was they would actually be doing if not trying to expel any lingering Sith that Master @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] seems to already know had left the area in question. “Master if I may, what kind of ‘dark activity’ are we suppose to be looking for if not actual Sith warriors or sympathizers? Do you really think we are skilled enough to be able to not only detect the dark side of the force but also to be able to repel it on our own?” Dar’rak looked to the others to see if they too had any such concerns.

@[member="Sochi Ru"] @[member="Yasuo"]

So many questions. Kiskla had been a curious Padawan too, but she hadn't been so interested in self-preservation. She had been far more interested by jumping right into the fray and exercising her abilities.

Then again, death had never been an option for Jedi Grayson. She'd never even considered it.
Her gaze refocused on @[member="Master Dar'rak"], "You're going to have to trust your feelings, Padawan." There was really no other explanation. Unless she revealed her own darkness to the ones she trained, they would never have the opportunity to truly sense darkness. And that was not something she was going to do until she trusted them wholly. "It's a learning process. Don't worry, I'm not sending you in to a death trap. I will be nearby. These are things that you'll have to experience from your innate reactions. How you, each of you, deal with a contingency will reveal a lot about yourselves. And that's something I'm afraid I can't answer. I apologize for that."

Not yet, anyhow.
"And as to what you're looking for.." she straightened her shoulders "Artifacts mostly." She could tell they were still unsettled, and she had to hold back a groan "I'm fairly certain the area is secured. Don't think that the temple would allow any threats to remain for so long. This assignment is mostly part of a routine activity completed every couple of months. Instead of a Knight, I'm asking you four to go."

@[member="Yasuo"] | @[member="Sochi Ru"] | @[member="Saran Drast"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom