Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UnderDark [Yusao/Dar'rak/Sochi/Saran]

So we're going to the undercity, where we'll be hated and probably attacked, to try and find an artifact made by some of the most evil beings in the galaxy, which could contain a force spirit thousands of years old, and could cause one or more of us to fall. Brilliant. Saran thought. This might not be as easy as she thought. Either way, she couldn't back out. She just hoped that the others were ready for this. She wasn't sure she was.
The shoto was still in her hand. She returned it to it's hiding place and began to stand. When she reached one knee, she remarked "At any rate, this should be interesting. Let's hope all goes well and we make it out." Smirking, she rose the rest of the way to her feet.

The Padawan's trepidation was tangible, but Kiskla dismissed it. There were little other ways to learn, rather than plunging into the foray. Perhaps her pedagogy in this instance was a little brash, but she would be available for them, and mentally tailing their every moves.
Two of them were her full responsibility, and she would not let a single thing happen to @[member="Master Dar'rak"] and @[member="Yasuo"]. That being said, by extension of her position as a Master, @[member="Saran Drast"] and @[member="Sochi Ru"] were also under her protection and she would have to step up to be responsible for any sort of fatal occurence.

Which would not happen. This was a mission marked as easy.

"You will." Kiskla assured Saran, resting her hand briefly on the teenager's shoulder. She took a step back after that, physically signalling that the group of Padawans should get a move on. "May the Force be with you." She added, as was typical for a farewell amongst Jedi.

There's no need to tag me in your posts any longer unless you run into trouble, or return to the temple or otherwise need to make direct contact with Kiskla. Thanks guys!

Atlas Kane

A
''May the Force be with you as well, master.'' Yasuo said to Kiskla.

Then he turned to the others and said ''Let's go do some investigating then, alright?''

@[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Sochi Ru"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"]

She only remained quiet as the others made their questions public. Her head would motion from Padawan to Padawan as they all asked questions. It would seem they were rather worried about encountering something they weren't prepared enough for, but Sochi understood that the Master would send them on such a task alone if our lives would definitely be in danger. That wasn't to say that they wouldn't run into anything crazy, or dark down their, but it was rather unlikely. Ru trusted her training, and she was more concerned about the team, and they would fair working together. Ru preferred to work alone, but it was inevitable that she would be made to work in a group one day, this was also a way for her to overcome her massive independence. She smiled, and tilted her head slightly so bow as the master was sending them on their way. "May the force be with you as we'll" she replied softly, only to see that @[member="Saran Drast"] was looking at her, and rather asking whether they should get a move on it. She smirked, and nodded at her.

She only hoped this would go well, we would all have to mesh, hopefully there wouldn't be any issues. Though the other side of her doubted that, because it was really unlikely. She turned, and motioned with her hands, at the door. Signaling them that they should indeed get started, she smiled at them all, and walked heading for the main entrance of the temple, her skirt moving freely with every step, and her long Jedi robes only slightly dragging on the ground behind her.

@[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"]

Saran nodded and followed close on @[member="Sochi Ru"]' s heels. The Miraluka was seeing as far as she could, reaching out to the world, letting herself be swept up in the sounds of life in the temple. Finaly, she locked on to each of the pack's auras. She was ready. She would be able to know where they were while they remained nearby. Padawan pack.....it was reminiscent of something that her master had once told her: "Man is to man either a god or a wolf. As Jedi, we are responsible for others. To follow the light is to be kind and caring, a god, rather than to hunt down and kill, a wolf." The simple words stuck with her.

Dar’rak just nodded and remained quiet for the most part as it seemed it was time to head out on the mission itself. It was looking as though they were going to be on their own. Even though he may be the largest of the group it was looking as though he may be the youngest and least experienced one of them all. True he was good with his lightsaber, Master Kiskla had seen that personally when they had first met, but other aspects of the force he still was in short supply. With the will of the force behind them Dar’rak hoped nothing too bad would happen as he followed @[member="Sochi Ru"] and @[member="Saran Drast"] out the door.

Atlas Kane

A
Yasuo followed @[member="Master Dar'rak"] @[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Sochi Ru"] when they went out the door. He wasn't as concerned as the others would probably be, judging from their questions, but he did hope they wouldn't encounter something too hard to handle. When all of them were in the hallway he said ''Alright, where do we go first?''

"How goes your training?" She said addressing the group as they walked together. She didn't turn around and make contact with them, as she herself was studying the mini holo projector she had just acquired. She walked slowly, making sure she knew where they were going. It would seem there first destination was Uscru Entertainment District. She closed the projector and placed it back in her robes pocket. This would seem the idol place to start seeing as how its near the Senate district, and is considered to be the outer layer between Coruscant itself and Coruscants Underworld. There was a couple of specific locations they would secure before heading on to the next destination. The intersection call The Daring Way, and Vos Gesel street, two specific locations said to have the highest crime rate area in all of Coruscant. As the approached the entrance to the temple she stopped, and turned to them. Thinking that maybe they should all be briefed on the first objective.

"Well my brothers, and sister our first objective is to make our way to the Uscru Entertainment District. Once were there we must secure to specific locations. The Daring Way intersection, and Vos Gesel street. Now, these two locations....are said to be highly dangerous. Now, I know you guys may be a little taken back, but its unlikely that there will be danger with four Jedi working as a team. I'm sure we'll be fine." She said softly.

They were only tasked with performing a small inspection of the area, and then were suppose to move on further into the under city. That was all, but she had experience with Missions where things didn't quite go as expected. They would be fine, they were all more than qualified, and wouldn't be sent on a mission if they weren't ready to handle it.

@[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Master Dar'rak"] @[member="Saran Drast"]

Dar’rak looked to @[member="Sochi Ru"] when she asked of everyone’s training. If she was truly interested then he guessed it would be ok to answer her. After all, they were suppose to be a team and should know what everyone is capable of doing to ensure optimal operational success of the mission; even if it was only a recon and scouting one. Dar’rak looked at both @[member="Yasuo"] and @[member="Saran Drast"] to see if they wanted to answer first. As neither had yet to speak up Dar’rak obliged the question personally. “My solo training inside the temple had been going well and I felt had reached its zenith. Then I met up with Master Kiskla and we have gone over some stuff to further my lightsaber dueling skills.”

Dar’rak nodded his head in agreement. Even if they were only Padawans it was unlikely they would get into too much trouble from the simple scruff of the under city. It was the more connected and darker sort that was what made Dar’rak antsy. “I may be able to aid in our trip there if any one of you knows how to ride a speeder bike. I have a pair I had built for my…” Dar’rak did not quite know how to say he liked to race them to his fellow Padawans, “well let’s just say they have a certain appeal to me. They are located in the hanger bay. They can make our trip there and back a less exhausting trip as well as a speedy getaway should we come into contact with less than desirable circumstances.”

Saran gave little comment about her training. Merely: "It was going well". A wave of sorrow washed over her as she remembered her former master. She forced it down. Not now. Hopefully the others didn't notice. She didn't need the resulting questions.

Speeder bikes? She'd never been on one.

Atlas Kane

A
''Training's going pretty well! I recently started learning Soresu with Master Kiskla.'' He said to answer @[member="Sochi Ru"]'s question. Master Kiskla was also helping him in overcoming his past, but the others didn't need to know that now.

After @[member="Saran Drast"] had answered @[member="Master Dar'rak"], he replied as well. ''Speeder bikes sound pretty interesting. I would love to learn how to pilot them, you would just need to tell me the basics.'' Yasuo loved learning and experiencing new things, so it was obvious to him that he would accept Dar'rak's offer. It would be useful and fun to try out a speeder, although Yasuo did wonder why Dar'rak had a pair of speeder bikes. Wouldn't it just be enough to have one? Well, at least they wouldn't have to walk the long way, even though Yasuo wouldn't have minded that ether.

Dar’rak flared his nostrils as they inhaled a change in the scent of one of his comrades. Then just as quickly it was gone. Looking over at @[member="Saran Drast"], he gave a knowing glance then he turned to @[member="Yasuo"] who seemed to be the first to perk up about the speeder bike option.

“They are not too difficult to ride but can be dangerous to master if one is not ready pushes too hard too quickly.” He said in his graveled reptilian tone, “I’ve only managed to build two at the moment as I’ve basically been using scrapes from old Junkers I had found. One for personal use and the other as a backup incase anything happened to the first.” Dar’rak looked to the three of them standing there, “So that means that two of you will have to ride behind another so I hope that does not make anyone uncomfortable since we have all just met. I really only ask because whoever is going to be riding with me please be careful of my tail.” Dar’rak sways his large appendage behind him almost playfully.

Dar’rak was just now waiting for approval from the other two as it seemed Yasuo was already on board with the idea of riding the speeder bikes to their destinations. If they agreed then he would lead them all to where his bikes were stashed. “If the ladies are willing then I can cover basic controls once we get there, Yasuo.”

She was happy they were conversations and that there wasn't any awkward tension. She was sure all of them had been training extremely hard. They were the me t generation after all. It would also seem that they were so much concerned about the danger part of their mission anymore which was a good thing. Like she stated, and Master Grayson stated as well; it was just unlikely. The next thing the group was introduced to was the idea of taking speeder bikes. Now, thing of that nature was Sochi's expertise, she preferred the use of her legs, and feet. She knew the others wouldn't be so opposed to the idea, so she pretended to be okay with it. "I..I think that's a splendid idea. I will be riding behind someone of course, as this isn't something I'm quite...suited for let's just say." She responded, adressing them all while they conversed. If she was gonna get on one of these things she was going to be a passenger, and hanging on as tight as she could. She honestly was going to ride with the one who had the most experience with these machines. @[member="Master Dar'rak"] ; whom she would turn to and place her hand on his shoulder, implying that he was going to be her riding buddy in all of this. "I'm with you Padawan Dar'rak." She said softly.

@[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Saran Drast"]

Then it seemed it was settled, Dar’rak would lead them to where he had his bikes stashed and they would soon be on their way. Dar’rak felt @[member="Sochi Ru"]‘s hand on his shoulder and gave her a nod, “That will be fine, you can ride with me if you prefer.” Dar’rak then looked at both @[member="Saran Drast"] and @[member="Yasuo"] in turn. “That means you two will be riding on the second speeder together.”

It was but a short walk from where the four of them had started discussing Dar’rak’s bikes to where they were parked in the hanger. Republic ships as well as Jedi came and went as usual flying over their heads as Dar’rak led them over to a corner out of the way where two large objects were cloaked in a burlap style covering. “These are my babies.” He said with pride and a smile as he uncovered the first bike. It was rustic but sleek as the front was revealed followed quickly by the rest of it. If any of them had ever watched a Speeder Bike race or otherwise knew of them it may not be too hard to realize what Dar’rak used them for as he uncovered the second bike.

Dar’rak looked to his fellow Padawans to gauge their reactions as he folded up the tarps and pocketed them into each bike saddle bags. Then and only then did he finally drop the hood to his robe and reveal his face to them. Now they could see his reptilian features in the light. While his horns were not as prominent at they would be in another 10 years or so, when he fully matured, they still extended a little over an inch or so out of his head.
(ooc: My Avi is an adult Dar‘rak)

Dar’rak straddled the second bike, and looked over to Yasuo whom he expected would be the one piloting the other.

Atlas Kane

A
Yasuo nodded towards @[member="Dar'rak"], signalizing that he knew what he had to do. He then inspected the bike. He didn't actually know anything about Speeders, so he wouldn't be able to tell what they were used for. ''Alright, let's see what this thing can do.''

@[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sorry for the short posts, I just don't know what to write.

OOC: That’s fine @[member="Yasuo"], not every post has to be large. You still could have commented on what you thought of the bikes or the other activities like my character’s reveal if you needed more to go on. Little tidbit for later if you like. ;)

IC:
Dar’rak waited for @[member="Yasuo"] to mount his bike and for the ladies to partner up @[member="Saran Drast"] with Yasuo and Sochi Ru with himself. Dar’rak draped his tail over to one side to give @[member="Sochi Ru"] room to get on; then he started to go over the basic controls. “A speeder bike is very easy to pilot, it is just when you get over confident that one can come into trouble.” Dar’rak took both his hands and cuffed them around the forward controls of his bike and placed his feet over the peddles effectively activating his bike.

His engine hummed to life and the display light up with several gauges before lifting several feet into the air and hovering there. “Now the peddles control your lift and forward momentum, just tilt your toes forward and the bike will activate and pull forward. When you tilt your toes back the bike brakes and stops Dar’rak waited for Yasuo to follow his directions so as to not get ahead of the new rider. “You see several gauges on your HUD there just ahead of your forward controls. These tell you your speed and power outputs as well as your altitude and pitch yaw.” Dar’rak pointed to each on his own HUD as he explained them so there would be no confusion.

“Now your forward controls effectively are for your directional and speed power output. Pull too hard on them and you may be thrown off your bike. To go faster just slightly twist the handlebars forward. The further you twist them the more power output you’ll use and the faster you will accelerate. Keeping in mind that you could overheat the engine if you output too much power too quickly or for too long.”

Dar’rak used the controls and shifted forward ready to depart from the temple grounds and onto their adventure. “Do you think you‘ve got it handled?”

Sochi like the rest followed @[member="Dar'rak"] to the hangar where they would prepare to use the speeder bikes he had created himself. She would stand within the semi circle that came to form while they all watched him uncover his bikes. There were ships and everything of that sort preparing for flight; or already in the sky at this point in time, she nodded her head with an impressed expression when the covering was finally ripped off. The bike coverings weren't the only thing being taken off, it would seem that their fellow had also finally became comfortable enough to drop his hood revealing his facial features. She wasn't taken back or anything, she was just as exotic as he was, and there were much diversity within their order. She went on about business as usual walking over towards the bike that herself and Dar'rak would be taking, while looking over at the other two while he explained the controls of the speeder to @[member="Yasuo"]. These truly were impressive creations, Sochi hadn't seen these vehicles before in all her time in the order, so she herself was paying just as much attention as he explained everything. Though it was likely that she would forget because she most likely wouldn't mount one of these things anytime soon in her career.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran sighed. She didn't want to do this if there was another way. If @[member="Yasuo"] had never piloted before, this could get problematic. Biting her lip as she climbed on, she whispered to her pilot: "try not to get us killed, ok? Thanks."
@[member="Sochi Ru"]@[member="Dar'rak"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom