Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UnderDark [Yusao/Dar'rak/Sochi/Saran]

Atlas Kane

A
Yasuo listened to @[member="Dar'rak"]'s instructions. It didn't sound like it would be too difficult, he would just have to stay focused and not screw up anything. Yasuo was lucky to have Dar'rak be the one doing the explaining, since he seemed to be an expert when it came to speeders. What also helped was that Dar'rak was pointing at what he was talking about. This bit of visual assistance made it a lot easier for Yasuo to understand what part of the speeders is what, if it wasn't for that he would have probably just gotten lost in the explanation because of all the technical terms Dar'rak was using that Yasuo had never heard about. It would be a bit of a challenge to pilot a speeder, but Yasuo was still very confident in his skills and after Dar'rak finished his explanation and asked Yasuo if he had understood, the padawan nodded and answered ''Got it.''

When @[member="Saran Drast"] mentioned her concern Yasuo replied ''No worries, I'm not that bad of a pilot. I just haven't piloted a speeder yet.'' That was a lie, but he didn't want make her worry about them crashing into a building, which would, hopefully, never happen.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Once @[member="Yasuo"] had given him the go-ahead, Dar’rak started for the exit of the hanger and out into the open city that was Coruscant. Dar’rak did not go very fast as he did not want to loose his other two partners as they got use to the machine underneath them. He did look back several times to make sure Yasuo and @[member="Saran Drast"] were still keeping pace and everything was running smoothly.

Once they were clear of the temple grounds Dar’rak looked over his shoulder as his own passenger @[member="Sochi Ru"], “I may be piloting but you are going to have to navigate for me. Where are we going first?” He asked of his passenger.

As she sat on top of the speeder awaiting take off she was just a little uneasy, but she would have to put all of that aside to get the task at hand complete. She gripped on to @[member="Dar'rak"] ,probably tighter than usual. Though he didn't take off very fast, just her looking down after they were in the air made her feel a little queasy. She forgot that she was the one to navigate the group to the area, reminded by her fellow Jedi whom she happened to be a passenger to, she pulled out her holo projector and began to look at it briefly.

"Well it would seem now we are on Glitannai Esplanade, just further down for about a mile and we should be reaching Uscru Boulevard, that should take us straight to the Uscru Entertainment District." She said rather loudly due to the sound of the speeder, and the wind.

@[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Saran Drast"]

Atlas Kane

A
The speeder started up when Yasuo pushed the peddals forward, just as @[member="Dar'rak"] had said it would. Then he started following him and @[member="Sochi Ru"]. Piloting a speeder wasn't as hard as he had imagined it would be and he loved it. The wind was blowing into his face and stirring up his hair, but at the same time it felt so free. It was really fun to pilot the speeder so high up in the air of Coruscant. It was almost too fun and Yasuo almost got carried away with riding faster than he already was. But thankfully his focus on the mission held him back and he was able to follow Dar'rak. He also didn't want to make @[member="Saran Drast"] worry even more about their situation. That would only affect the mission in a negative way and that was always bad. So he just kept focused on piloting the speeder and let the Force guide him as well. He hoped they would reach their destination soon.

Sorry for the awful post, I kinda lost my muse for this character at the moment. But I'll certainly get it back once the speeder part is over, then I can make some better posts again.

OOC: @[member="Yasuo"]
Ok we are going to have to have a talk about your negativity Jedi man. While I can understand if you are feeling disconnected or something from your character, do not knock your posts for it. It was not an awful post, it was good. You have character development, and you are progressing in the story so we can get to the actual mission part. We now know Yasuo really likes to ride speeder bikes. Good for him :D

IC:
Dar’rak listened as best he could to @[member="Sochi Ru"]’s directions to their destination. He did not want to go too fast as his bikes did not come equipped with seat belts. Also other than himself it was the group’s first time on them and he did not want to scare them away from the idea. When Dar’rak felt Sochi grip him tighter so she would not fall he just smiled to himself. He was not going to let anything happen to her; her or any member of his team.

Dar’rak had to dodge a drunk driver in some sporty speeder who proceeded to try and spout some profanity at him for being a young hoodlum driver who had no business in the sky. Dar’rak brushed it off as the other driver continued on his drunken flight followed shortly by some authorities in pursuit of him.

Dar’rak slowed his speeder bike to a stop to both wait up for @[member="Yasuo"] and @[member="Saran Drast"], in case they had fallen any behind, and also check up on @[member="Sochi Ru"] behind him; to see if she was alright and not too shaken up from his fast and ill-warned maneuver to avoid a collision. “I think it is safe to assume we are getting close to our destination.” He said looking over his shoulder. Then looking down Dar'rak seen the hustle and bustle that was the Uscru Entertainment District.

Saran had tried not to hold on to @[member="Yasuo"] as the padawan piloted, but, with the speed of the bike, she was forced to or fall. She wasn't sure why he was going so fast. At least..... ​No. His death is your past. You need not dwell on it. But as much as she scolded herself, she could not stop the pain, and sobs barely audible above the noise of the spender emerged from her throat. She hated it, hated feeling that no one else could see you, really see you or even know you. No one understood. And yet, perhaps they did. "We all feel pain. All that matters is how you handle it. And that, Saran, is what defines how we can serve."
As @[member="Dar'rak"] and @[member="Sochi Ru"] slowed, she fought, as hard as she could, to hold back the pain. The former had noticed already. She didn't need any more attention. The mission was more important than her great.

When they encountered the drunk driver, the dodging had threw her off, and she became uncomfortable. The profanity they received was just rude, and awful. She was rather content with t he arrival of the authorities, they needed to get him out of the sky before he really injured someone, she went from being slightly shaken up to feeling much better, though she wanted off this speeder as quick as possible, as she looked down to see that they were already above the Uscru District it was almost simultaneously that @[member="Dar'rak"] began to speak on the subject. "Yes it would seem were already here." She said softly in response to him while he was waiting for @[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Yasuo"]

They would need to make their way to the Outlanders Club which was located right on Vos Gesal Street; one of their objectives. It would be easier, that way after they secured Vos Gesal, they could move on forward to Daring way, then further into the Undercity. All like that, in a straight line. She awaited the landing of the Speeder so they could finally travel on foot; something of her preference.

Atlas Kane

A
Keeping up with @[member="Dar'rak"] wasn't as hard as Yasuo had believed it would be. It was for the most part at least, until some drunk Nerfherder decided to almost ram them, which had destroyed Yasuo's focus and almost made him loose control of the speeder. I wasn't the dodging part that had almost made him loose the control over the speeder, it was the refocusing and following of Dar'rak's and @[member="Sochi Ru"]'s speeder, while trying not to accidentaly throw @[member="Saran Drast"] off the speeder and continuing the safe piloting of the speeder. All of those things combined had made it quite hard to catch up with Dar'rak and Sochi, but he had never lost track of the two, which made it a lot easier to follow them.

When Yasuo noticed that Dar'rak was slowing down, he did the same, and after a short couple of moments he and Saran Drast were next to Dar'rak and Sochi Ru. Once there he said ''Thanks for waiting, Dar'rak, and also thanks for being a great teacher. I had a lot of fun piloting this speeder, even though that Nerfherder almost crashed into us.''

OOC EDIT: Ah snipped by my own teammate, lol. That’s what I get for not refreshing the page before pasting my post.

IC:
Dar’rak was glad to see that @[member="Yasuo"] and @[member="Saran Drast"] had made it saftly past the drunk driver as well. Being that Yasuo had only recently started piloting the speeder bike, he seemed to just maybe have a knack for it. Perhaps one day the two of them could have a race. If Yasuo wanted he could have that bike for his own; Dar’rak would think on it later after hay had completed the mission. “We are a team Yasuo, we can’t do this mission without the two of you.” Dar’rak said of the other two on his spare speeder bike.

Dar’rak pointed down to where he figured would be a good place to land the two bikes. “That looks to be a good spot.” He spoke to the three of them in his usual graveled tone of voice before slowly descending to the level surface of a street behind some building. Once he landed he powered down the speeder bike and waited for Sochi Ru to dismount before he would do the same.

“I hope what happened up there will not discourage you to the joys of Speeder bikes. After all, once we are done here it would be a good idea for us to ride them back to the temple to make our report to Master Kiskla.” Dar’rak looked away from Sochi Ru and up to @[member="Yasuo"] and @[member="Saran Drast"] who would be landing next to them soon. “If it helps calm your nerves I can apologize for not giving earlier warning before I had to jerk the bike.” Dar’rak gave a knowing look to @[member="Sochi Ru"] as he pointed to his nose. “I could smell the change in your scent when it happened. It was small, but still there.”

Dar’rak did not know if this was a form of invasion of privacy as he was rarely so open about his sense of smell; it tended to offend people. He hoped Sochi would not be too mad at him for pointing it out.

Atlas Kane

A
''Agreed, let's land there.'' Were the padawan's only words, before Dar'rak steered his speeder towards the ground. Yasuo then quickly tilted his foot forwards to make the speeder go forwards, then he steered it down and followed Dar'rak. He really enjoyed piloting a speeder, maybe it was like piloting a Spaceship, if so, Yasuo definitely had to try that out as well. But for now, he had to refocus on his mission, after all he didn't want to disappoint Master Kiskla. After a couple moments the speeder had landed next to Dar'rak's and Yasuo jumped off. ''Have any of you ever been here?'' He asked. He himself had never really left the Jedi Temple ever since his initial arrival and it was a completely new experience to him. Especially all of the High-Tech things that were all over this area of Coruscant. Back on his home-planet they only had a few technological things, but those were the basic things needed for survival. He had already been impressed by the speeders he had been introduced to a while ago and he had spent many days figuring out how to operate many of the devices in the Jedi Temple when he first arrived there. He hoped his teammates would help him whenever he had difficulties operating something he had never seen before. ''Also, Dar'rak, would you be ready to lend me one of your speeders sometime in the future?''

@[member="Dar'rak"] @[member="Sochi Ru"] @[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran sighed as she got off. She could swear @Yasuo forgot she was back there for half the ride. Her outer robe's hood had torn, and she would need to repair it later. She took it off. For now......
"@[member="Dar'rak"], do you have somewhere on these I could store this? It tore in-flight."

She had forgotten her other eye cover. Well...... crap. She would have to go without today. She wondered what the others would think.
@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Hmm it would seem that her scent had given away her fear. Once she was made aware it didn't come as a surprise to her. She nodded, "No need to apologize," she said softly, while she dismounted the bike. She ran her hands over her robes, and checked her utility belt, all the while she awaited the other two to arrive.

She welcomed a subtle smile as the other two landed, and dismounted their speeder. She walked over to the group,
"Actually I've never been to these parts of Coruscant. Not even for a mission." She said softly, answering Yasuo's question.

Her attention turned to Saran whom was in need of something she could store her robes within. Hmm she wondered how that possibly happened. It was later of course, and crowds could be heard off in the distance, people passing by could be seen just a couple of feet from them. She began looking around at the area they were in.

@[member="Saran Drast"] @[member="Yasuo"] @[member="Dar'rak"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom