Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tree of Life (RR and Lightside/Neutral Factions)

Transil Gantar

T
"I do know who the Je'daii are," he said, offering a small smirk. "You guys left a facility behind on Teth. Not sure why, though. We don't have any problem with you using it."

He flagged down a server and ordered a glass of whiskey, neat, and then nodded for the man to continue on. If this was a gala then he was welcome to enjoy a drink or two as well. Besides, there were a lot of people for him to get around to talking to and he was going to need a bit of something so that he could keep up with it all. He turned back to the Ranger and clapped him on the shoulder, looking him square in the eye as he did so.

"It's a good time to put your foot forward. I invite you to return to Teth. No reason to abandon the work you've already done. If you need any help let me know and I'll see what I can do."

With that he tipped his head to the man and moved on. Once he'd talked to as many people as he could there would be time for continued conversations. This was more of a meet and greet than anything, so he needed to meet and greet. Plus the man could use the time to meet some of the others that had come. It was a two way street, after all. There were some others who had drawn his attention, like the strange being dressed in armor that rose above some of the guests. It was an odd choice of garment.

As he maneuvered his way towards [member="Toreka"], he snagged his drink from the server and took a sip of the smooth liquid. He didn't particularly care what brand it was, as long as it warmed him up, so he took another drink of it as he approached. He wondered what was behind the armor, and why they were wearing armor to the gala. Could it be they were ashamed of their appearance? Or maybe it was they were concerned their appearance would frighten people. Either way he was curious.

"Hello there," he said, greeting her and those around her. "I'm Transil Gantar. Who might you be?"

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Helly Reyne"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Zora Djo"] [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="A'Runda"][member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Harley Fenstermacher "][member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

It took her a moment to realize that she was the one being spoken to and not anyone else nearby. She even raised a pointed finger to her chest as if to make sure that [member="Transil Gantar"] was making eye contact with her specifically.

"Hello," she said, her voice coming out as tinny and metallic as the inside of her helm as if she was speaking through an empty can. On top of that, there was a slight rasp to it, most likely due to her avian genetics. It was difficult to find the words to speak to someone of such importance to the event, given her exceptionally poor language skills. "I call myself Toreka. A Jedi. One of Silver."

Something she had been taught was to extend a hand so that the other conversationalist could hold it for some reason, though she had never learned why it was significant. Regardless, one of her gauntlets was offered to the man, hoping she had picked the right time to do so. "You speak well," she added. "From where I was birthed, you would be eaten for noise-making. Then they would become the noise-makers. On here, it is a celebration of noise-making, a competition of speech. Congratulations on your superior noise-hole."

[member="Rozalyne Kurganova"] | [member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Zora Djo"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="A'Runda"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

See with eyes unclouded by hate
A'Runda gave a light chuckle from behind his mask. "Trust me, I understand." He repeated, "Tuskens aren't the most popular people in the galaxy." He doubted that she knew he was a human under his garb. Even with his good galactic basic. "I'm aware that finding a Tusken alone is pretty rare, but one off world. It's like finding a needle in a hey stack, or even harder." He explained to her. "I'm A'Rudna by the way, home world, Tatooine, if it wasn't obvious enough." There was a slight chuckle that followed his sentence. He acting quite casually towards her, as if this happens quite a bit.

"So um, can I help you with something miss?" Then He looked behind him at his Frankenstein of a ship. "You wouldn't happened to be interested in my 'ugly' were you?" He asked with a hidden smile behind his mask. "Possibly the person looking over it, or even both?" He'd wait for her to reply before speaking once more. "My apologies, I'm still getting accustomed to some things still. May I have the honor of knowing your name miss?"

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Interacting: A'Rumba

Good Lord was he tall....
Oh wait, she then realized she was barefoot.

Marina gave a quick look about as she slipped her dress heels back on one at a time. There were other folk about in the bays both attending to their crafts and a few looking on over to them..or him..the Tusken Raider. Ok, well it could be the two of them as they were completely contrasting each other. One in a gold laced gown..the other in...wrappings?
Ok, so he was still taller, when she looked up into one of the...things.. that were supposed to have eyes behind them.

"Huh?...Oh yes...Marina. My name's Marina." She replied.

"A'Rumba right?..Hope I'm pronouncing it right....
And yes, it is quite out of place. I mean, not that you are out of pl-
Well, yea, I never knew Tuskenee ever left Tatooine. At least not on their own accord." Again she looked at his ship...it were truly a relic. She had come across a close form of it in the holo vids, but at the moment the type and make escaped her.

"Honestly?..." She peered around his stature taking a better look at the ship. Most all of the original paint or many layers of paint jobs it seemed, had been like sandblasted away. Tatooine, of course. The planet certainly had a reputation of preserving old vessels in their natural unpainted forms. Vessels left too long out in the open and in sandstorms were normally down to bare metals in a few short seasons, quite often receiving numerous new paint jobs. And this one certainly indicated it had gone through several color schemes.
"...it's got quite some character. But yes, it's what drew me to come over."

Funny how her attention span, or rather her demeanor, went from curiosity, to fear, to peaked interest.
"It, uhm...flew here ?".. she asked pointing at it.

"I mean, it wasn't like transported by another ship and brought here for....ahem... you know...restorations?" Well, it was a legitimate question.
Marina didn't doubt it could still function...somewhat. Maybe it could well fly the skies of Tatooine. But to actually break atmosphere and make a jump through hyperspace? THAT was difficult for her to imagine.
Still, in it's heyday this relic was at one time the state of the art star-ship. But that was eons past. And the fact that a Tusken Raider could actually fly one...new or old, was another milestone in itself.

"..er, wait. You called it ugly?" She looked back up to the man's-..head..eye thingies.

"I can't recall the make and model...don't even have it at the tip of my tongue. But it's a rare find..a classic, if you didn't know.
I mean, if it's restored to original..it's quite a collector. It can be worth a lot of credits...
...so it may be ugly to many who don't appreciate historic ships, as compared to today's modern sleek designs...but it is a rare classic, A'Rumba.
...some could see it as beautiful..." She knew this for a fact, as her own vessel was Old republic designed and manufactured. her grandfather had not only restored it, but had brought it up to modern standards. And marina had helped her grandfather with it when she came home from her schooling off world. It took them years, but in the end, it was her graduating gift from him to her. And she valued it beyond what a new state of the art vessel would cost.

A'Rumba

Jaster looked at the women. He knew her very little, and the only information he was aware of was by Senator Drakes. However, he was aware of Nar Hasska trade strength. Harley Fenstermacher was not wrong to state the planets significant for the New Republic. Jaster had build the Jaster Trade Spine in hopes to help unite the Trade Empire that his Company had. This United the Republic to strong trade relations with the core worlds as well as his Fel Empire that was located in the Unknown Region.

Responding to the Senators response to his question, he looked to [member="Harley Fenstermacher "], "Well that is good your planet is still thriving under the protection of the Republic," he lifted his drink a little to congratulate her, "The Imperium is working its way up in the Unknown Region, we have completed construction of many settlements and Colonies that now house many of our citizens as well as open new trade and travel lanes for more secure and safer travel, though our industry is still showing slow signs of progress, it is still looking positive as we develop our nations progress."

Jaster had done a lot of work in building the Fel Empire from the uninhabited rocks to now become boom-towns that grew around the mining and industrial sections of the Imperium. Though the planets were still new and developing, he was proud of their development as it showed the galaxy that the Imperium could create life where none was before.

[SIZE=10pt]The happy smile that was along Charlie’s face spread even wider as she felt Asaraa relax with the arm locking. It was a nice feeling being close to the girl like this and Charlie couldn’t help her face turning a slight pink. Hopefully it would subside after some time, it would be awkward if someone noticed. Thinking quietly, she was happy that Jyoti was busy. It meant that she wouldn’t be casually teased later about this. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]With Asaraa’s hips bumping into Charlie’s the blush deepened for some odd reason. Charlie did her best to focus on the conversation and not the fact that she was close to the girl that she casually stared at from time to time. They were friends and Charlie loved it, but there was in her opinion something missing. Hopefully tonight she could figure that out. Mentioning of food and possibly finding some tour guide. Charlie did her best to hide her desire to add to their group, “I think exploring on our own would be the best adventure.” A coy smile and then Asaraa changed the subject to the potluck.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Things didn’t go as planned for the potluck for Charlie. A part of her wished she could have found a way out of it and not get dragged along by Jyoti. Still, she got to eat some food and then emotionally eat her way through an apple pie. Shrugging, Charlie shook her head. “You didn’t miss anything exciting…but I do wish you were there. I think I would have had a lot more fun.” Another smile and then a nod in agreeance. “You study a lot you need to have more fun Asa. Come on the food is over there!” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie walked alongside the other girl as they headed towards the buffet. So much was laid out on display and Charlie gasped as she felt she had just entered heaven. Rows upon rows of food was laid out and Charlie looked towards Asa, “I don’t know where to start…you pick.” [/SIZE]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

A'Runda smile some behind his mask, "No it's A'Runda, with an N not an M." He replied to her. "But yeah, what's a Tusken to do without their clan." After that he shrugged a little.

Then he looked behind him back at his starfighter. "It was the person the sold it to me that said it was ugly. Apparently that's what you call it when you have a ship made from multiple other ships." Then he heard her talk about it being transported. "Nope, it piloted it here, it was having some malfunctions mid flight so I went ahead and landed it in the nearest station. I'm really wanting to get another ship though, one that won't blow up in the middle of hyperspace." He said with a bit of a chuckle.

"I know it's made up of a Z-95 Headhunter and a TIE Interceptor. All I know if that those were two very old ships." Then he listened to what she had to say at the end. About it possibly being worth something to a collector. "You seem to know your ships Miss Marina. I'm sure you probably know more then I do. So from what you're saying, if I can get this in top shape, it could be worth something to someone?" He didn't know who would want an 'ugly' type starfighter. "Maybe I'm in luck."

"Also, is there something going on in the space station. Then sign over there says there's a ga-la. Are you a part of that. I'm just assuming because of your clothing. I'm still trying to understand fashion in the galaxy. Given that I was taught to wear garbs like this all the time without exposing any skin." He said to her, giving a bit of a lesson on Tusken society.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

"Oh...A'Runda..." she repeated his name, pronouncing it right this time.
"...yes, I kind of tongue twisted it, huh?" She nodded, getting his name right.

It was a bit off, but not difficult to understand his accent. It was as if he were near human in mannerism though, unlike the Tusken cultures which were heavily based on family/tribal demeanor that she had come across in her studies. Still, they were never known to be off their world. And certainly not known to even use speeders, much less a makeshift star-ship.

"Ahh...I knew it looked familiar but now I know why I couldn't recall exactly what it was. " She walked around the figure, getting closer to his ship.

"Yes...Oh wow...yes, I see the two crafts now..Hehe.." She laughed, finally seeing what she couldn't figure out before, as she was thinking it was 1 craft, instead of two main vessels put together along with other unknown parts to make it space worthy.

"Well..mystery is solved." She more or less spoke to herself as she ran her hand over the rough textures and the welded seams that joined one craft to the other.
"Wow...it's amazing that it took you this far from Tatooine.
Still, it's quite innovative...you know, recycling and cannibalizing parts from different crafts from various eras to meld it into a working ship.." Marina then turned, looking over to where A'Runda had been working on the ship when she spotted him.

"Yea...I see your problem...I don't think you'd be able to really fix that. maybe it would be better getting a new part made..you know." She looked back up at him, after evaluating the broken landing strut.

"Unfortunately...your ship is more of what is known as a hot rod. It's what many young pilots do with old relics. they put them together like this one from different parts..chop something off here..there..weld this..that and ..you got yourself a hot rod. But it's not quite a classic, rather than a style, A'Runda. It's unique, I'll give you that. But it's value is not what it would have been, were it an entirely single original production model...." Marina sighed, seeing now that it wasn't worth selling if the intention was to buy another ship with the credits. The man's best bet was to fix it and make it space worthy safe.

"There is a market for it, but it's kind of iffy, as to getting a good price for it though...like i said...it's more on the hot rod end of the spectrum as far as star-ships go....sorry." She certainly was as disappointing as the man.

It was quite unique and it had it's nostalgic look to it. But it was not really a collector item...not being two ships welded together.
"Huh?..oh yea...the gala. meh... kind of filled with folk stuffed in garbs like mine. But if you never been to one, then maybe I should take you there to take a look yourself.
But honestly...back to this ship... " Marina gave it a slight knock, knock as she got back on the subject of the space worthiness of it.

"What parts do you need to make it fly safer, A'Runda?" She asked, for there was a good chance she could actually replicate the parts he needed.

A'Runda

He listened intently to what she had to say. It was very clear that she knew her ships. Then she spoke of the gala, to it him sounded like it really must be some kind of gathering. "Well, the parts that really concern me the most are the life support and the hyperdrive. Both of which are from the Headhunter half of the ship." He began to explain.

"While flying I'm always worried that the life support will stop working and I'll be done for in space." Obviously that would be a concern for any pilot flying this kind of ship. Most probably didn't even have life support and just required the pilot to wear a breather of some kind. "Now where hyperspace worries me is that I feel like at any time I use it my craft will just blow up, or I'll be torn apart from the sudden G force." It didn't take an expert to understand that neither of those out comes are things to strive for. Perhaps the former worry isn't that realistic since there's probably been no cases of the G force killing a pilot or crew, but it was theoretically possible in the transfer from real space to hyperspace.

"Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention. When going out or into a planets atmosphere. That can be one hell of a ride. Given the more then flimsy nature of the craft. I'm sure I don't need to explain where that could go wrong." Overall A'Runda didn't really explain to her what parts were exactly needed, instead just what was wrong with the ship. By this point the idea of just selling it as spare parts and buying a new ship was probably better then keeping it around.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Transil Gantar

T
Well, this one he might not have even needed a drink for! Her syntax was far and away different from what he was used to. On top of that, the words she used made it so he couldn't help but laugh. He'd never heard anything so ridiculous in his whole life and yet he couldn't help but absolutely enjoy what it was that she had said. Not the being eaten part; that was a little bit unnerving. The rest though was downright hilarious.

"I apologize. I'm not used to your way of speaking and couldn't control myself," he said, offering a slight bow in addition to his verbal apology. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Toreka."

He finished off his drink at this point and passed it off to a server before turning his way back to the tall being in front of him. Judging by the physique and voice Toreka was clearly female, but he wasn't actually sure what she was. Questions like that definitely had to be answered lest they rot the mind. Though asking such a question was quite the delicate matter. He would have to be careful.

"May I ask where you come from? If they would eat me I should be careful to avoid going there."

A little light humor, though he was curious whether she would take to it or not.

"Isn't that armor rather oppressive? You needn't hide here, you know."

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Helly Reyne"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Zora Djo"] [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="A'Runda"][member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Harley Fenstermacher "][member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Marina DeVoe

"Oh my... " She were taken back by the scope of the craft's condition...or rather as to it's owner's concerns.

"It's quite a bit to worry about, yes." Marina had never any such concerns with her own ship, as it was always kept operating optimally..especially with her droid TK always running diagnostics. If it burped, she'd know about it.

"Well, no ship is ever entirely hopeless. I mean look at what a mechanic accomplished melding two dissimilar ship style and manufactures together to create yours. Sometimes all a ship needs is some elbow grease and determination....and replacement parts of course.." She chuckled.
Marina most likely couldn't help A'Runda with the hyper-drive, as it was quite a sophisticated drive, but the life support and other system operational parts, she just may.

"My own ship is one that came from the same era as the two of yours, A'Runda. My grandfather had acquired it and took it upon himself as a project to rebuild and refurbish it up to today's standards. It took us... Hehe, I helped him during school breaks...
Anywho, it took 8 years and when it was completed...and it so happened that I finished my schooling...he gave it to me as a graduation present.
I love my ship, as it was rebuilt by my grandfather and me." She beamed a proud smile.
But her point was just that, it didn't matter the era or age of the ship. As long as one was determined to rebuild it and bring it up to standard, they could make it into an awesome and unique ship. Not a 'Me too' kind of ship. Hell, her ship could hit 0.5 hyper-speed...twice that of an X-Wing now.

"Anywho, I've an on-board factory OEM approved parts printer. If you know exactly which components you need for your life support, I can have my droid either scan the parts or possibly download their original blueprints and make them for you. At least consider the life support system if anything..." Yes, she was kind hearted and one who could not walk away from anyone needing help. Especially if she had the means of providing such help. If not, she would make a honest effort in locating such help.

A'Runda

Objective: Finding reason to leave the ship and interact with people.

Even though Gar'ith was a tall man, standing next to large transparasteal viewer he looked small. The window like wall was not all too surprising. Many large ships had such displays onboard. As Garith stood there he looked out at the boarding ramp that connected to The Galaxy Tree.

Playing through his mind was if he should join the delegation. The reclusive Alderaan Jedi Master had found socializing more difficult after his return. His eyes perked up them. “Theo”, he said under his breath questioning what he was sensing through the Force. His brother was somewhere on board The Galaxy Tree.

Objective: Meet people, maybe cross paths with his brother.

Coming to the docking ramp two Alderaan Knights placed their right fist over their heart. With a bow they took a step back giving their Prince leave to go where he wished. Gar’ith kept walking….across the bridge, through the doors where he was greeted similarly by two station guards.

Driven with purpose now Gar’ith found it a little easier and he started walking past more people within the station. He did decide if the Force willed it then he would cross Theo’s path. If not, then the Force would guide to another reasoning to be here.

Coming into a more open area where many had gathered. Gar’ith stopped and took a good look around. He could see his sister [member="Faith Organa"]. There were some of his friends from the Silver Jedi here as well. Because of his height [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] was easy to spot. There was other gathered around Josh, Gar’ith did recognize.

There were two other people that stood out from where Gar’ith could see. A woman wearing a interesting dress. [member="Tha'ga Temi"] . The design of the fruit upon Tha’ga’s shoulder? Gar’ith did not know what to think about that. The woman standing next to her, Gar’ith easily recognized. [member="Helly Reyne"] , she was that singer, right?

There were a few here that she knew such as [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] she even thought she caught a glimpse of [member="Marina DeVoe"] in a crowded room it was often hard to tell. But the family ebony crop of neatly combed hair she knew instantly - [member="Garith Organa"] he left the ship!

She thought she might faint right there. She did not realize yet that she was standing still watching him move about. What was it that brought him out? She couldn't help but wonder but she also knew to let him be. He was much like a manka caught in lights when it came to socialization. She couldn't help but shake her head in disbelief and relief. Good..

There was something else now building within the back of her mind, an image. Someone who she thought she had felt once before and left Draco and Joza to figure it out. It had amounted to nothing but this time.

This time she would follow it on her own. She continued walking slowly as if looking across a room smiling and nodding to those saying hello. But was he here or was she truly losing her mind.

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Slow signs of progress? well that was to be expected of the unknown regions, the difficulty of trade and general infrastructure was not something easily worked around, in most cases planet took years to reach full operating capacity, so it was not surprising the Fel Empire had similar issues. Still the rate at which the empire was growing seemed interesting, not everyday you could begin a new government all the way off in far space, it was quite the 'kudos to you' situation.

"Yes quite interesting, I even here you have plotted out new hyperspace lanes to make easy access to the core worlds, if I am not mistaken, quite the task to, perhaps in the future my ships may be using it". "What did you call it again, the Jaster Trade Spin? from what I've seen it connects your words to the core section and stops at our capital city no"? It was quite the convince if the two factions where to enter a trade agreement with each other, which prompted Harley's reasoning for speaking to the Mando in the first place.

"But to business an why I am talking to you today, no long ago you hypothesized the prospect of contracting with my company, the production of ground based craft since that is what I specialize in right, I was hoping we would be able to talk more about that subject". If they did come to an agreement that would provide a good boost to HCLI's reputation and just over all provided decent expansion to the company.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Sipping drinks she had never heard of while casually acknowledging the attention she would garner from passing attendees was something Helly was all too familiar with, though she much preferred the parties held in the Coruscant underground. Regardless, drinks were free and it was a place that was free from a gathering swarm of fans. Many of these people were too ritzy for Hartlite's style of music, and the ones who knew of her had likely already met their fair share of celebrities at other such parties. Some of them were practically celebrities themselves, making her feel as if she had been walking amongst the elite.

A nearby man had caught her eye, if only because she had apparently already caught his. [member="Garith Organa"] looked familiar, but she couldn't quite place her finger on why. Whatever she had been drinking from the glass she swung around with reckless abandon had been enough to cloud her memory on the political families of the galaxy... Either way, she was about to find out.

"Hey!" she hollered at him over the discourse all around them, visibly a little tipsy but still keeping herself composed... mostly. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

The pink-haired Padawan tilted her head to one side, as she let her aqua gave flow comfortably over the room considering all the options and people that filled the space before she took a step forward tugging Charlie’s arm ever so gently as she did. “If we’re going to start then we might as well start at the beginning,” she declared with a sage nod. “So that means…ummm” Asaraa held up her free hand, waving it back and forward for a moment as she considered the tables laid out with the bounty of food on them. “That one,” it probably wasn’t a good idea to start with desert so start on the opposite side and work your way across. That seemed like a sound tactical plan.

The young woman twisted her head around, grinning brightly at Charlie, winking at her friend as the two of them wound their way through the crow. “I mean, every expedition needs to be well stocked and provisioned before they set off on an adventure right?” It wouldn’t hurt to check out the buffet first too since if they got caught they probably wouldn’t be able to get back to the buffet for Master Nooran’s lecture or if not then by the time they were done exploring who knew how much food would be left at the buffet? Better safe than sorry was always a good strategy to run with.

[member="Charlie"]

Location: The Galaxy Tree; The room where most of the people have assembled?
Objective: Just being sociable

Gar’ith almost jumped out of his skin when he heard someone yelling through the crowd. Friends and family may believe he was a sweet gentle man. However years of martial combat can have an impact on the most balanced of individuals.

On near edge, he did manage to keep calm. Looking to the young lady who called out to him across from the room, Gar’ith still found a way to smile. [member="Helly Reyne"] looked friendly enough. Gar’ith did love people. The issue, just everywhere he went. He was left always looking around. Even here Gar’ith half expected a crimson saber to snap to life in the middle of this crowd. His concern was the safety of this crowd, not himself.

“It is quite possible”, he said while taking a closer look at the young lady. He thought she just might be that singer. It was highly possible he was wrong. Gar’ith began to lift his hand in introduction, shaking one’s hand while introducing yourself was a common friendly greeting. “My name is”, he began to say offering his hand in custom with greetings, “Prince Gar’ith Organa, of Alderaan.” He did give title, mostly because of the environment. Here, right now, his every action reflected Alderaan’s honor.

Helly reached out to shake the man's hand in return, nodding along with his introduction. "A prince of Alderaan, nice," she stated, clearly impressed. "I don't have any kinda nobility in my blood, but I've sure got enough alcohol in it by now. I'm Helly Reyne, lead singer for Hartlite."

She took another long sip from her drink, furrowing her brows as it burned her throat on the way down, but nonetheless began subtly shaking her head to a nonexistent beat.

"You much of a drinker, Mr. Prince of Alderaan?"

[member="Garith Organa"]

She understood laughter, and that it was a sign that she didn't pose a threat to [member="Transil Gantar"] at that moment. That was a good thing. It was the message she wanted to get across to such a being, despite letting him know the method of his demise should he behave similarly back where she was from. And speaking of which...

"I am from a place you would call Ruuria," she told him, her voice slowly deepening into a tone much graver than the one she used to introduce herself. "But I am not from Ruuria, you see. I come from a pit, one beneath the Ruuria surface. No light pierces the pit, strange things grow in the pit, and nobody knows why they are in the pit. You look at my armor, but you see oppression. It is not so. Freedom is what this one gains. In here, I am no more a monster than you. In here, the pit can't haunt me."

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Despite feeling a sudden burst of social anxiety which dissipated almost as soon as it had arrived, Tha’ga decided that egregious - even the fake kind - would get her through this event. After all shyness would not mix well with her role as Minister of External Affairs.

A blonde woman had noticed her dress earlier so she approached [member="Helly Reyne"] and said, “Thank you. It was made by a designer on Gallinore, someone slightly unknown but up and coming. I try to support the smaller businesses in the Cluster as best as I can." The female guest was a little brash in her actions and tone of voice, quite the opposite of the man with whom she conversed. But tossing her drink back with flair and abandon, Tha’ga internally thought: Kark it, she has the right idea. Loosen up. This is a party, and it’s okay to kick back a little.

“I hope I’m not interrupting.” She turned first to Helly, betraying her Hapan manners of talking to the woman first. “I’m Tha’ga Temi, Minister of External Affairs for Ta'a Chume Dan and Director of the Hapan Heritage Council.” That was a mouthful, wasn’t it?

Then she shook the Prince’s hand next, having caught that he was from Alderaan. Yes, she’d heard of the Organa family no doubt. “Nice to meet you both.”

[member="Garith Organa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom