Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tree of Life (RR and Lightside/Neutral Factions)

Faith for a moment thought about her children, Theo Vereen named after his uncle Theo Organa after she believed him to be gone lost forever but now on two occasions she had hope that her brother still lived. She looked about still hoping for some sign she could see [member="Marina DeVoe"] talking and eating and doing what most young women do. She could also still see her brother [member="Garith Organa"] .

Finally having left the temple and interacting with others she couldn't be more pleased about it. Some things were just welcome miracles in a long line of disappointments and heartbreak. There was still hope for them all.

She and her brother Theo had always shared a special bond connected through the force. It was only something that a twin could share.She missed it as only a sibling could. Bella and Garith were wonderful siblings but Theo was the one she was raised with. He knew her weaknesses, her heart and mind her was her best friend.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
It weren't a bee-line as one would think aiming for the person in plain sight of you...

"Oh my...really?...God, I feel so embarrassed. I'm sorry A;Runda, I didn't know Tuskan society had queens and a kind of monarchy -" marina again was taken back a moment. She knew she ran too quick with her tongue and faulted many times on assumptions. But for the most part they were made under consideration of others, rather than assertion.
But their continued conversation on that matter were quickly interrupted many steps forward as they were making their way to her queen.

After a few such greetings...

"Why certainly....I'm sure to tell my father, Senator Orin.." Marina bid her leave as well as her companion A'Runda from the third representatives they met en-route to her queen's mark.

Queen [member="Faith Organa"] was almost within hearing range, as her majesty were also meeting the varied guests that had congregated at The Tree of Life station for this gala.
But once more, just a few feet away, Marina came across one of her mother's old classmates. A Lady Forthstar whom Marina had met on quite a few occasions. Again the formalities of introductions along with presenting A'Runda, who for the most part had indeed lifted more than a few eyebrows upon introductions; the true spirit of the gala was certainly quite evident to Marina's companion. It were one of many avenues for dignitaries and representatives of both governments and corporations to meet, mingle and make/renew connections.

And like Marina had been surprised, they too were taken back to see quite a reclusive culture out in the open galaxy such as A'Runda. But aside from the momentary reboot of their common perception of the indigenous people of Tatooine, they were quite pleased in meeting a representative.
To marina, it mattered not that A'Runda was indeed as human as her...or so she assumed. It mattered that A'Runda was taken into that society as one of their own and raised as such. In her eyes, it were the culture and the Tusken that he were in many ways representing out here. A'Runda had after all relayed his upbringing and circumstances that placed him directly in that society. As thus, he was for all intent and purpose much like anyone else here from a home system. Although A'Runda had not indented on attending such an affair. He had come to the station to repair his vessel.

But fate as it is, sometimes works in mysterious ways. Especially around such a spirited soul like marina. Good things always seem to be in alignment...most times.

"Very well, I shall certainly inform my mother. Thank you and nice seeing you again Lady Forthstar..." so once more another chess piece were moved on the ever changing gala floor.

Finally and it had indeed taken a bit of footwork, handshakes and getting her hand kissed twice, but she finally reached her queen. It was good timing too, as her grace was also parting with a couple.

"Your Majesty..." Marina meet her queen's gaze and bowed before her. This was after all the first time they met here in the gala...a few hours following marina's initial arrival...but maybe her queen had not noticed her before. Not that Marina was avoiding her queen, no. Just that Marina's stomach couldn't bear being in the presence of her brother Theo. It was quite an oddity for her to not take to anyone. But their initial confrontation (Marina and Theo) had left both parties in quite a distaste for one another. As thus, upon spotting her queen's brother, marina had exited the gala and wandered off. And that was how she had come across A'Runda.

"... it's a pleasure to be here alongside your presence." She began.
"May I introduce to you, Mr A'Runda... from Tatooine."

A'Runda
[member="Faith Organa"]

Marina is confused for certain between Theodosius her brother, and Theo her son. If she knew that Marina felt so she would explain that her brother was wandering around the station while her son, the Ranger was on patrol. Her son had been the one at Denon, not her brother. So confusing when the names are so similiar but in time Faith was certain it would get straightened out.

Course she was still clueless that Marina and her son had any difficulties. That would kind of put a kink in the thoughts she had previously had. But that was another time another day for now Faith smiled at Marina, "Hello Mr. Ar'unda are you enjoying the party? Has Marina given you good company?" Not that she suspected Marina wouldn't be but it was conversation to ask.

She looked again beyond Marina's shoulder there had come no answer from her brother [member="Garith Organa"] had to be wrong Theo wasn't here. She hid her disappointment well and focused her attention on Mr. Ar'unda.

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | @A'Runda

It had been a short while since the group from the silver Jedi had made their way to the gala. There were many interesting people Theo and [member="Rozalyne Kurganova"] had come across. At some point the two got separated in the mass throng of people that was socializing within the gala. He had sensed his sister [member="Faith Organa"] and his brother [member="Garith Organa"] somewhere within the crowed. But he had yet to see them.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
As A'Rudna was brought through the room and looked on as Marina spoke with some people that got in the way. He increasingly felt nervous as they got closer. He'd never met royalty before. His particular clan didn't have a "king", just a clan leader.

As he got to [member="Faith Organa"] he listened closely to her words. "Hello, Miss Organa." He wasn't sure how else to refer to her. He heard Marina use the word, majesty, but he didn't know what that meant. "It's an honor to meet someone such as yourself. And yes, I'm doing well, considering this is my first, gala as you call it." His own experience of what would be considered parties or gatherings where traditional Tusken celebrations. Such as his own coming of age ceremony. Or when he got his very own bantha.

"Also yes, Miss Marina has been great company for me. Exposing this Tusken even more of what the galaxy has to offer. I've come to believe there's no end in sight for surprises. But what else could you expect from a simple man like me from the clan of Rok'urkus." He replied to the Queen, naming his home tribe. The Tusken was beginning to ease up and was just going along with the somewhat odd turn of events from flying in with a busted starfighter, to meeting a queen at a party.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie was in blissful heaven. She was hanging out with Asaraa and heading towards a food buffet. The Seoulian girl had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. Of course, this was partially one of her favorite dreams when she was trying to avoid her studies and napping. Looking to where Asaraa had pointed out, Charlie was a bit heartbroken the girl didn’t’ want to start at the dessert end. She was practical it seems and Charlie wrinkled her nose slightly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Right! I’m kind of sad Jyoti didn’t let me wear pants today. I would have had so many pockets to shove food into.” A soft sigh of sadness and Charlie let the young woman drag her along. The sadness that she felt for her lack of pockets was erased instantly when they had arrived at the buffet. There was so much food that Charlie once again had to pinch herself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It was a good thing that her Master had let her run off on her own. Ever since the random appearance on a Mandalorian world and being auctioned off to a stranger for what people were calling a ‘date’, Jyoti had kept an eye on the padawan. Slowly but surely as time went on a bit more freedom was given. Charlie hesitated, but slinked off Asaraa’s arm. The ony thing that could ever pull Charlie away from anyone was food. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She grabbed a plate and held one out for Asa, once the girl grabbed it, Charlie went to town. Her plate soon piled up with rice, vegetables, meat – everything and anything that the padawan could pile onto the white round plate. Once she ran out of room, she eyed the pink haired girl. “We should find somewhere to sit and eat…” [/SIZE]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
“I agree with you, Prince Organa. Words can explain everything from a simple feeling to understanding a culture’s history.” Tha’ga looked at Helly and smiled. While she understood the need to lose control, the Hapan herself rarely drank enough to shed her poise and perfectionism. “I’m sure you would make a great ambassador of art.”

Mirroring Garith and sipping her drink instead of slamming it down, she kept her face serene, though she wanted to scrunch up her lips at the strong, bitter taste. With almost a choreographed movement, Tha’ga set the glass down.

“Where words fail us is when the other side is too stubborn to meet in the middle. And either side has weapons capable of destroying another planet…”

Looking at both Helly and Garith, the Hapan asked, “What do we do in that circumstance? And what is the course of action when words that appear sincere, turn out to be lies?"

She knew she should have turned to a lighter subject, but like her older sister, the Vicerene of Lok, Tha’ga also enjoyed a good political or philosophical debate.

[member="Helly Reyne"] [member="Garith Organa"]

If there could be any better way to make Ailuros irritated she didn't know what it was. The thought of having to wear clothing was just generally repulsive to her. Yet here she was in a formal dress. While she enjoyed dancing, she needed some fresh air. She might be young, the cat hoped she would be able to have one of the many drinks offered and not be stopped.

Her tail was prehensile and with a deft movement, took a hold of one from a passing tray. Letting out a sigh and small giggle, she turned and headed outside to one of the balconies.

Holding that glass in her hand now, she took that first step out and noticed quickly she wasn't alone. It seemed somebody else had also decided there was a need for air. Clearing her throat slightly in the hopes to prevent herself from hacking up a hairball, she took another step out. The sound would also draw the attention of the other person hopefully and not startle her.

With the grace of a cat that she was, Ailuros took a few more steps out and let out what would be heard as a sigh of relief. Almost a purr and her ears tipped forward as she looked at the other woman. There was another person she had met that shared a similar look. Smiling slightly, Ailuros wondered what that Ranger was up to these days.

"I am sorry to disturb, but do you mind if I join?"

It seemed right to say this, but she really didn't feel all that sorry.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

The pink-haired padawan grasped the offered plate with a smile, nodding at her friend as her blue eyes flicked up and down examining the other girl. “Jyoti might not have let you wear a pants suit this time, but that dress looks pretty awesome on you,” she complimented. Even as they spoke the young woman started to load up her plate, a few starters before she confronted the main section of the buffet, the entrée. Someone, she couldn’t remember who, had wisely informed her that to beat the house you had to go for the meat and fish.

Plates loaded Asaraa glanced around, nodding towards the tables as she turned ever so carefully, not wanting to spill a single piece of food, a drop of sauce from her plate. “Hmm, we could probably find a table over there, it looks like most people are still doing the whole talking and mingling thing.” From watching Master Nooran and the rest of the Silver Jedi Masters it was obvious that the diplomacy and mingling were just as important as fighting or taking on missions in the galaxy. Perhaps more important since it was here that the alliances that sustained them were made, and where those alliances could be broken. Luckily, the galaxy didn’t need a pair of Padawan’s to save it, not yet at least, so the two of them could retreat to a corner and they could spend the time getting into trouble and enjoying themselves. “You know it’s gotten pretty busy over here, a lot of people showed up for the party,” a mischievous grin split Asaraa’s face, “perfect to make sure no-one disturbs us.” The food looked good, and along with the good company, Asaraa planned to enjoy herself at this meal.

[member="Charlie"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
"Oh, thank you, A'Runda." Marina replied to his compliment of being good company.
She hadn't given any thought on it, as she was naturally friendly and easy to talk to. So when she stumbled on A'Rumba and got over the initial shock of meeting a Tusken outside of Tatooine, it all went as it always did... very well.

"Perhaps one could maybe think it is destiny for you to make it to this station at the same time this gala is taking place. It is certainly an opportunity for everyone here to mingle in a free political atmosphere and get to know and meet new people representing a good portion of their world."
Marina had been to several such galas and functions these past few months, interning under her queen, [member="Faith Organa"]. And there were always new people from many systems, even familiar systems which she already knew, that brought to light another aspect of their culture. One could not learn everything about a culture through one individual. A culture was made up of many and each had their own individuality intertwined within that culture. Meeting one, didn't mean you met all.

"I for one have visited many systems, including Tatooine. But must admit I know of little about her diversity...and of the Tusken culture which includes family life. But that may come in time, I'm sure.
What's important is taking the first step in all of us to understand the individual and not see that individual as a whole of the entire culture...but a part of it." She continued, as she always seemed to do once started..
Marina was always quite a talker, and that came about from her friendliness.
But once she came to realize that an individual wasn't at all friendly, like the queen's son... she did her best to avoid the plague..or rather avoid the individual like the plague. Yes, that was more like it.

"That could be said even for Alderaani. I can't say I represent all, but I am a part of that culture, and should be seen as an individual. And if say you meet an Alderaani that is not as friendly-..." She suddenly realized where she was going with that and stopped.
Her eyes timidly looked over to her queen a moment.
"Ahem...Uhm...funny, I just lost track of what I was saying.
"Hmm...meh, never mind." She smiled, hoping she had averted mentioning anyone, any Alderaani in particular.

"We're all for the most part...friendly. "

A'Runda
[member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | @A'Runda

Faith smiled at Marina always full of conversation never at a loss. "I am glad that she is good company. In this room there are many representatives from different worlds gathered for a single purpose. So many cultures. A'runda this is your first time here. I am curious what does your family, your clan think of you traveling so far from home?"

She only knew a few things about tusken raiders so this was an opportunity to find out more and dispel the myths that she may have learned. She looked at him with a bit of wonder it was not often she met someone she knew little of.

Marina for the moment seemed to be waiting as well.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Ailuros"]

Alexandra looked to her right at the creature that entered the same area as her. The creature was certainly different but considering her own form if she didn't keep her illusion up most of the time, people would likely think the same of her so she let it go. Her hands shifted to rest one over the other and she looked over at the woman for a few moments as she spoke.

"No, not at all. A little bit of company should actually do me well, correct some habits of mine that I have."

Her eyes looked over the other one and was a bit surprised that this actually the first time she has ever seen a being like this, causing Alexandra to fall silent as she thought over her words. She wasn't sure what being this one was but it was likely one others had heard of before and Alexandra was simply ignorant of given her recent situation. If this was the case she had no intention of being so simple minded as to act like the woman was out of the normal.

"So, I assume you were enjoying yourself about as much as I was inside there?"

"I liked the dancing and dreaming in there. But one can get too much of that and besides it's a little hot. Being covered in fur, plus having to wear these awful clothes make being inside almost unbearable."

Realizing she just essentially admitted she didn't like wearing clothes, the sudden feeling of the need to hack up a hairball came into being. Trying to hide her coughs behind a paw, her ears tilted in embarrassment. When her fit was over, Ailuros couldn't quite meet the other woman's eyes.

"Sorry about that...miss? I'm Ailuros."

Taking a sip of her fizzy drink, she washed the taste of that hairball out of her mouth.

​"I don't imagine a habit you have is quite as bad as hacking up a hairball at the worst times."

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]​

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Ailuros"]

"Honestly, not sure about that bit quite yet, never know with how things are now..." She muttered to herself, curious if Zorren did have to do that at one point or another, or something similarly disgusting. While likely not a hairball itself, she knew that the chance of having some odd tendencies was a bit higher with this new brain of hers. She had no idea what kind of instincts she had now, but if she started to chase a stick, there was going to be some issues later on.

She ended up smiling a bit though and her head looked back to the stars, craning her neck and focusing on the worlds above them rather than the one they stood on now, it was something that had always been her anchor on reality. After all, she had been cooped up in a hole for many years before she had gotten her escape and gone through her life with a rather ride to get to where she was now. It had taken a long time too, with her years having passed her by and leaving a rather tired and old woman that she could not quite understand the world as it was.

Well, it used to have done that.

Recent times have made things interesting for her and she didn't quite have the same outlook on the world anymore.

"Well, I could certainly use the conversation. Where are you from, I don't recognize you and was decently certain I had met with all those from the Republic already. It is a bit of an interest of mine on your being here... are you with the Silvers? They always have a interesting batch of students and masters, so I figured i if there was anywhere that it seemed you would be from, the Silvers matched that. " The woman's words were a bit rude, but that was Alexandra for you, never quite understanding social cues and conversation, and instead wanting to get right to the fight.

With a tilt of her head and a perk of her ears, what Alexandra said confused Ailuros a little. She looked like a human to the cat, nothing out of the ordinary there. Her words though didn't match what she saw in front of her.

Whatever was meant though it caused some humor in the human looking woman as Ailuros saw her smiling slightly. They looked out at the star and when Alexandra asked when she was from, she lifted a paw up to point to a star cluster.

"Trian. I was with the Silver's for a time, but the mission from my people keeps me moving. I only stay in one place long enough to learn about their government and culture, then I move on to the next."

Her tail wagged back and forth as she thought about returning home, even if it was for a short time. The opportunity to see her family again would be nice.

"I am not with your Republic either. Right now no government has my allegiance."

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

For a man that let fate guide him he at times seemed unpredictable. Even during the time when he was the Crown Prince of Alderaan the simple twists of his words danced like sweet winds of change. Theodosius moved through the crowed of political intrigue as if he had never left.

From one gathered group to the next, a simple smile here, a wink and a handshake over there. Each soul he interacted with was part of the Breath. It was all integrated… a part of life and death. It all had purpose and meaning.

He had stepped to the next group. Surprise on the two Alderaani guards, they stepped to the side quickly upon seeing their former Crown prince.
“Faith”, his voice was so tranquil. Theo looked so composed. No look of surprise as if everything was meant as it should be. His eyes looked so deep in thought, hinting at mysteries long forgotten.

“You look well”, he told his sister, even after all this time though the twins still held a strong bond through the Force. “You soul says otherwise. Fear not, I’ve have sense the winds of change are here. It will seem darker soon as if the light is fading. The Force seeks balance in all things. A light will arise as it always does.”

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="A'Runda"]

[member="Theodosius Organa"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] @a'runda

It was as if a gentle calming breeze had swept across her mind a calm that she had not sensed in many years. Her gaze immediately went to the direction she felt him moving, she had always been able to sense him. Perhaps from the time of conception some of that was too deep a thought for her right now.

Her caramel colored eyes rested upon her brother, her twin brother. The words hung there unable to find a voice she did as she once had, THEO she cried out with her mind as she stepped towards him a hesitant hand reached to touch his arm.

"The light does take its time in rising though, for we must make the journey through the endless night to appreciate what we have." She wasn't trying to be rude, so much to say. Her mouth opened and closed. She shook her head and looked down, "So much has changed and yet not so much.."

She looked back to Marina and A'runda, "I would like to present my brother, Theodosius Organa, Prince of Alderaan." She smiled as that deep longing slowly tried to retreat, she touched his arm careful to only touch the fabric. "Have you been traveling?"

Their father had said he was traveling, skipping through time, and planet to plant. A walkabout or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom