Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Treaty Of Telos (Republic Leaders/Fringe Leaders)

Telos, a planet that Josh DragonsFlame had wanted to visit for so long now. His schedule made it almost impossible. Yet, here he was...

Josh stood alongside Supreme Chancellor @[member="Jack Harkness"], himself being here in the stead of Grandmaster Selena Halcyon, who had left DragonsFlame to settle this in her stead while she left for unknown regions.

This war had to end. It wasn't one the Republic wanted to begin with, it wasn't one the Fringe wanted. Mistakes had been made, both sides were to blame in some fashion, misunderstandings were made, and mistakes were made. The issue with the Galactic Empire had escalated to something that Josh never wished it would come to. It had brought them war with the Fringe, a faction that before this, they had a treaty with, a non aggression pact. While the Republic had broken that treaty due to the GE's merger with the Fringe, which Josh saw as a mistake on the Republic's part, here he hoped that himself and Harkness, flanked by key members of the Republic, as well as members of the Jedi Council, could settle this, on peaceful terms with the Fringe before it escalated into something even bigger.

Josh was tired of the fighting. The war with the Sith had made Josh yearn for times past of peace. And that opinion was shared by many on the Republic's side. This decision to go to war again was made without the approval of many, and today, hopefully that could be rectified.

Here, they would meet with key leaders of the Fringe. Apparently, the feeling of a want for peace was mutual. The group stood in the meeting area, waiting for the Fringe...

@[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Iella E`ron"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Jared Ovmar"], @[member="Ashin Varanin"], @[member="Lucien Cordel"], @[member="Kitt Solo"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The little Seroth-class frigate Defiance decloaked and touched down beside the immense, snow-covered cube that was the ancient Telos Jedi enclave. From it emerged a significant chunk of the Fringe's leadership, including Ashin - the former High Council member whose mere presence had provoked the Omega Pyre invasion of Kayri. She still held office in the military of the Confederation, but as a decision-maker, she was outranked by the High Council in most respects.

She exhaled fog as she crossed the distance between the ship and the enclave's front door. "They asked for this," she said. "Made it fething clear they were willing to make concessions. They know they hit first, and they know we'll hit second. If this is Halcyon and Apparine laying a trap, get out and I'll hold them off -- the Defiance is keeping shields up. Otherwise, let's see how they approach this before we make any judgments. If they start making demands..."

The door opened at a gesture, and she walked in, homing in on the sense of Jedi present.

The Fringe High Council were all invited to attend the historic event, but Sargon was more then pleased to be at this particular event. The Republic invasion of O'reen was something that he considered an injustice by the Republic, but the only way to settle it was to continue the death that it had started. At least Sargon had thought so before hearing word from Republic diplomats that an emergency meeting was called for on Telos even as the Fringe prepared for it's largest en devour yet, the invasion of Coruscant.

Both sides were arriving with high level diplomats who could make immediate decisions on the fate of this conflict, and whatever was decided here the parties had the power to make an instant reality. With a small bow of his head the Zabrak greeted the Republic diplomatic group, "Greetings, envoys of the Republic, I'm glad to be saying we aren't meeting with drawn weapons."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @Jack Harkness @Phylis Alince @Kiskla Grayson @Iella E`ron, @Sargon Vynea, @Jared Ovmar, @Ashin Varanin, @Lucien Cordel, @Kitt Solo

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Jack"] Harkness @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Iella E`ron"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Jared Ovmar"], @[member="Ashin Varanin"], @[member="Lucien Cordel"], @[member="Kitt Solo"]

Harkness tapped his fingers on the table while he looked on. It wasn't something he cared about. In truth he'd rather things go back to being something. He really wasn't sure since all of this smelled of bothersome tactics. The jedi were here because meeting with a bunch of masters from the unknown regions wasn't something he was going to be suicidal about. He looked at what came from it and thought about what had led them up to this point... more so how the election of Selena had kept the jedi order from breaking off from the Republic and working for the axis in exchange for a ship, how the last two chancellors had driven the Republic isn't a state of stagnation to the point they allowed the sith to walk freely on coruscant and destroy the senate building... more so have a senate seat and mockingly run for supreme chancellor.

He found it all laughable and petty with reports from O'reen coming in about what happened. He wasn't going to dwell on it since looking back he couldn't find documentation for claims. He wasn't going to parade around it though all he wanted was to ensure his people could sleep at night. Then they were entering and he straightened up in the seat the drumming of his fingers stopping mid motion until the one spoke. "Yes it is a good way to start things off." He reframed from giving a smirk instead remaining neutral in his expression while standing to look at Ashin. "Lord Varanin."

Josh gave a polite smile toward both @[member="Sargon Vynea"] and @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. He was rather offended by the expressions of Jack Harkness, but he always seemed to be that way. No bother. Josh would do this on his own if he had to. This wasn't his first rodeo, certainly won't be his last.

"Miss Varanin, Mister Vynea, I thank you for meeting us here today" the Jedi Master said calmly, never refusing to look both parties in the eyes. "I trust your journey here was safe and unhindered. If it pleases you, I'd be happy to get down to business"

"Before I begin here, my name is Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame. Due to the untimely departure of Selena Halcyon, I will be here in her stead for this meeting alongside Supreme Chancellor Jack Harkness"

He took a breath. "As you know, the Republic and The Fringe have been embroiled in a war, ever since certain parties on our end decided an invasion was the best way to treat the Galactic Empire's sudden merge, after their actions just beforehand. Now... In all seriousness here, I'm going to be completely honest with the both of you. I'm not going to politic swindle you or lie like some politicians do, because I feel lies and deceit get a man nowhere. So to be completely honest... We want the Galactic Empire leader's heads on a platter. We do, we really do. But we want peace a hell of a lot more. Sure, it was their brilliant tactics, combined with some unapproved decisions by some on our end... And really, the Republic isn't afraid to take the blame. We know we dicked up, we'll accept that and learn from it.... That caused this whole mess, but I'm not afraid to put that hate for them aside to end this squabble. You've told us in the holovids that you want to be left alone, and we've told you as well that we just want peace. This wasn't a war we wanted to begin with, and it's not a war we want to continue for much longer"

"As far as reports have told me, we have pulled out of O'Reen, to show you that we mean it. Which personally, I'm happy to see, as I've never been a man for nonstop bloodshed, especially unnecessary bloodshed"

"I know that things have been said and done that may take quite some time to cool down, but for the sake of both our factions, I would like to propose a non-aggression agreement, treaty between The Galactic Republic and The Lords Of The Fringe. We can end this bloodshed once and for all, and go back to doing our own thing"

"The balls in your court, sir and madam" he said calmly. "We're ready to end this war and move on, but I'd like to hear from the man and woman themselves, do you feel the same?"

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]
@[member="Jack Harkness"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]@[member="Jack Harkness"]

Ashin glanced at the High Council members, cleared her throat, and leaned forward to rest her elbows on the conference room table. "Master Varanin will do," she said quietly. "Master DragonsFlame, your thoughts echo mine. I understand you feel a need to secure regional peace -- this would be why you intervened at Fondor. This would also be why we stepped in at Fondor, on the same side. Between that, the recent Jedi-supervised elections in our space, and non-aggression pacts with the last two Chancellors -- as well as long, positive relationships with the past three Grandmasters -- we felt somewhat safe in assimilating your enemy to assure regional security. The rapidity with which Halcyon descended on us suggests that the Fringe Confederation's possession of O'reen changed nothing -- that the decision to launch a crusade against our space had already been made. Republic activity on Dahrtag cemented that for us, as Dahrtag has no use apart from creating a staging ground to assault the Fringe capital of Annaj.

"The lesson we took away from it was this: The Republic doesn't honor its treaties unless convenient. Not even with democracies run by largely neutral Force-users. I served the Republic as a Jedi Knight until a poison stole my connection to the Light Side for eight years. As you can tell, I've found my way back to that path. I respect what the Republic aspires to be, but my first duty is to the worlds who look to me for protection, and a constant threat of invasion is not acceptable.

"It's been made clear to us that aggression will continue regardless of what we do. Now you tell me things have changed, power has shifted, but our borders will always have hostilities. Four and a half thousand years ago, a democratic body and a theocratic conqueror engaged in a long Cold War. They agreed not to invade each other's territory wholesale, and not to treat smaller engagements as casus belli for a total war. This was, in large part, because of the fear of mutually assured destruction - Malgus' attack on the Jedi Temple demonstrated that Force users could be difficult to counter and disproportionately destructive. I don't want war, because I know you'll try to take Annaj and then everything else, wipe us out like the Sith Empire. I don't want war, because I don't want to conquer your worlds. When I took worlds as Sith Empress, I took the planets that needed a firm hand -- stopped a civil war on Dac, pacified the Sorcerers of Tund, and so forth. I curbed the excesses of my people.

"I can only take your presence as a sign that you've curbed the excesses of yours. Sociopaths like Apparine and Halcyon have no place in an organization built upon compassion."

Jack Sheltrak

Harkness looked at the woman and listened while he let out a breath, he wasn't going to beg but Dragonsflame had said it correctly they messed up and he could admit it. "Dahrtag is something that was in response to Fringe activities on Luje commander. Surely you would agree allowing anyone within distance of your capital while not having theirs is a dangerous thing. Look what happened to the siths at Dromund Kaas from the mandalorians they believed to weak to defend themselves. At this point no matter what happens the Fringe Confederation has a barrel ready to launch all manner of things at the Republic's capital." He turned a little to the jedi master but gave a smirk finally. "However the world as you said holds no value beyond that purpose and escalation is not something I want, if we pull out of Dahrtag then will you remove or severely lower military presence in the deep core. Your also able to strike at Fondor for the protectorate at a whim." There were other things on the table they could discuss but decreased hostilities were needed as he tapped his fingers feeling a little more lively at least. "As for your status as a jedi... I can't say anything on that it is not my place but we can leave you alone if we draw up borders."

Josh listened patiently, nodding along with @[member="Ashin Varanin"] as well as the rebuttal of Jack Harkness.

"Obviously, the issue here is that the Republic is dominioning Dahrtag, and The Fringe has Dulvoyinn. Both planets bring a handhold to each other's homeworlds and capitals, and obviously neither side wants that"

"So here is what I suggest we do. Dulvoyinn is de-militarized. No longer will it allow the Fringe to attack Coruscant. In exchange, we will cease all dominioning of Dahrtag, both effective immediately. Is that fair, Chancellor Harkness, Master Varanin?"

@Ashin Varanin
@Sargon Vynea

@Jack Harkness

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]@[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"'Dominioning.' A curious term. But yes, Master Dragonsflame, Dulvoyinn will not be extensively fortified, in return for the Republic ceasing its activities near Dahrtag.

"I would also suggest that reparations are in order. I will see to it that the Imperial family of Atrisia pays reparations to the families of the Omega Protectorate personnel killed during the skirmish at Fondor. The Imperial family would also, naturally, remain outside of Fringe Confederation foreign policy, and be permanently ineligible for a seat or seats on the High Council or the Advisory Council. In return, the Republic would pay reparations for those killed during the invasion of O'reen, and issue the apology you indicated was coming."

Lucien was skeptical of the republic diplomacy was just a second knife they chose to stick into their enemies, it was used only when their big sticks were failing. He smiled as non aggression-pacts were discussed to the best of his knowledge one of those had been in place already, he could only conclude that the previous pact had been trampled underfoot as the grand master dragged the republic into a bloody war. Lucien neglected to speak however his time was yet to come and to be honest talking was painful, he just watched calmly.

Jack Sheltrak

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Dominioning? The chancellor looked at the jedi for a moment and raised an eyebrow to that while listening to the rest of Ashin's terms. Ones that were fair. Reparations for everything was a good way to start it seemed and he gave a nod. "That is acceptable to me, I think there should only be a few things needed discussed. Not huge issues besides having some border and zone." Hakrness slipped a datapad out of his pocket and turned it on for the galaxy map. "The regions of space formally of the galactic empire in the core I suggest we leave empty. Widek holds no real value neither does leilac, but teams have been sent to Lehon, the newly discovered world of Gratos where the sith warbeasts the Graug are. A dangerous thing in the regions that close to the Republic. We will stop moving towards the regions using Lehon as a border to draw the line."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Oh, definitely, Master DragonsFlame. For example, what constitutes breaking the treaty. I think we can both draw lessons from the terms Boolon Murr imposed on the Treaty of Ithor: Violence will happen. Skirmishes, individual incidents, will happen. But those foreseen incidents will not be considered breaking the treaty. Make no mistake -- there is a lot of anger among my people for what the Republic has done to us. And we both know how many of your Jedi will want to seek out and reeducate our people, beyond your control.

"Likewise, your intervention at Fondor showed us that you won't hesitate to step in to defend the Protectorate and use such events as excuses for territorial acquisition. Our history with the Protectorate is rocky, including an unprovoked invasion from them, as well as our recent support of their naval forces at Fondor. Our issues, the Protectorate's and the Fringe's, are ours to resolve. Intervention will be met with serious consequences. The Protectorate can take care of itself and deal with the consequences of its own actions, unlike some. So. No Republic fleets showing up, no legions of Jedi Masters popping out of hiding every time Fringe and the Protectorate hit a bump in the road. Smaller contributions? A Master here, a few Knights there? That's par for the course. If hostilities happen between your allies and ours, naturally we expect you to support your allies, and we will support ours, but that would not lead to a declaration of war between the Republic and the Fringe Confederation.

"And no, Chancellor, that isn't acceptable. We had our fill of lines with the Atrisian Neutral Zone. Imposing territorial constraints on us isn't your wisest move here. First come, first served on the mission to connect the Unknown Regions. We won't interfere with your acquisition of Lehon, but don't think that makes everything north of Lehon your fiefdom."

The Republic knew O'reen was not going to be a bloodless fight, nor the triumphant battle they had grown used to.
Kiskla hadn't wanted to respond to the calls for her attendance; it had been a conflict of interest. But her Padawan was out there; and a dead student never reflected positively on any teacher — she’d almost gone before the event wrapped up. It was unlike her to not get involved.

Above all else, Kiskla's ideals were on the foundation of the inherent good and having a profound loyalty to her master of youth. That meant the Jedi. She knew there would be blurred lines on that battlefield, after her conversation with The Fringe's high councillor. There were members of The Fringe who were simply neutral, and needed no eradication; only guidance. With a furious uprooting, such individuals could easily be overlooked and no doubt had been, which was why this meeting was so uncertain. The Fringe probably wanted to pull the Republic's teeth after they'd shown them.

What was it Vader had said all those years ago? Today was a day to be remembered? Yes. The battle of O’reen would mark the last day The Republic could sleep with both eyes closed if this meeting went awry. Speaking of this meeting, it was concerning and strange to her that they were even having it. Don’t get her wrong! She was all for conversations with The Fringe, hence her appearance, but for The Republic to make the first aggressive act, then recoil and apologize really showed just how divided and fearful they were; walking into this meeting would be..interesting to say the least. She would remain wary especially since her face wasn't foreign to the Fringe High Council.

And suddenly everyone was posting and talking! Poor Kiskla was in a numb stooper it seemed, and had to shake it soon if she wanted to get involved -- come on, writer! Too bad she was tagged and then there was so much content and man life is rough. Convenient that Halcyon had disappeared when @[member="Ashin Varanin"] called her actions out; although they weren’t just the Grandmasters actions. She wasn’t the only Jedi at O’reen. The Republic’s knees were going to get worn from their grovelling to do. Now was the perfect time to say something!

"On that note, perhaps we should take this time to consider what happens if The Republic runs a dominion on the same planet as The Fringe. A conflict of interest should not blossom beyond that." Nothing should have blossomed to what happened at O'reen; with understanding The Jedi and The Republic would see there was much more grey than shadow.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] | @[member="Lucien Cordel"] | @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | @[member="Jack Harkness"] | @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"That is acceptable, Master Varanin" the Jedi Master said, without missing a heartbeat. He had allowed Ashin and Jack to have their back and fourth for a moment while he listened. Pick your spots, pick your spots.

"I understand that both sides will have hostilities. A cold war, you might call it" Josh said. "That is understandable, and I would have been daft to think anything less would happen, on either side, out of the control of the both of us. While I do hope that in time we can rebuild our relations, and bring a ceasefire to hostilities between us, this is all we can do for the time being"

"What you and Omega Pyre do between one another is yours to do. We will not interfere without cause any longer"

"So basically.... No more full mobilization attacks on either side. That's what I'm getting from this. That is something that is understood and is agreed to, as much as I'd like to have a complete cease of all hostilities. But some things are out of both our controls, from our members, all we can do is not allow it to damage our relations or our treaty"

"Now, this territory thing... I believe that's the last item on our agenda, unless you have anything else to bring up, correct? Harkness, Master, care to settle this bit?"

He looked over at @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] and nodded. "If that happens, then things will be talked out. Hopefully, should these talks happen, they remain peaceful"

@Ashin Varanin
@Sargon Vynea
@Jack Harkness

Jack Sheltrak

"I wasn't speaking about anything beyond Lehon Miss Varanin, take what you will from there as you please. It is not a restriction more where Our reach wants to go. Thank you though and everything about the Protectorate is acceptable. No fleets taken into their space though there are fleets near Columus as it is right on the border same near Lahopa. Fighting there would have their attention but standing order of no intervention." The rest of it he tapped the datapad and looked at it. "I believe we can have an agreement and some drinks. I hear the sights on Telos are wonderful this time of year."

He smirked a bit at Jack's rebuttal. "Yes... Perhaps some entertainment and drinks might suit our party once these talks are over, I've always wanted to go to Telos. But for now, the chips are on the table, Master. Say what you will, and we'll get this finished up and finalized"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"Hold on a moment," she said. "Master Grayson's question is essential. There's no question that you want to expand; there's no question that we want to expand. It's almost inevitable that there will be worlds we both mean to include. I require assurances that you will opt to not pursue hostilities beyond incidentals.

"Apart from that, the concessions you've made are acceptable to me." She smiled. It didn't reach her eyes. "But I've gone soft in my old age. Gentlemen?" She turned to her compatriots. "If this is what our Republic friends are offering, I may have a blind spot or two. Do help me out here. I'm still not sure our friends understand the severity of what they've done. Drinks indeed."

DragonsFlame shrugged. "We're here to make peace. None of us really have any want for hostilities. Hell, in time I'm sure we could do the exact opposite. Improving relations between our factions would be something I would love, but we need to get this first obstacle out of our way first"

"If you are running a dominion on a planet, we will not pursue it, and vice versa. If there IS a problem on either side with a planet that is being dominioned, then negotiations are free to be began, and we can settle it that way without violence"

He nodded, and waited for the final opinions of her comrades.

"We've brought a droid with us to draw up the treaty, Master Varanin. When you are ready, I'll have it drawn up, and the only thing left is for us to sign"

@Sargon Vynea @Kiskla Grayson @Jack Harkness @Joshua DragonsFlame @Lucien Cordel @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Phylis was late. Who knew finding an ancient Jedi enclave would be so…complicated?! She wondered why she was even invited. She wasn’t a diplomat, she was a historian. Still, she’d accepted since it had given her the chance to poke around Atris’ lair 5000 years later.

As she entered it seemed like things were concluding, and there were drinks and snacks! That was good.
“So...are we not at war now?” she whispered to @[member="Kiskla Grayson"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom