Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Treaty Of Telos (Republic Leaders/Fringe Leaders)

Lucien shrugged "I'm hearing very little that is new" He turned to Lady Varanin "We have signed treaties with the republic before ... They weren't worth the time spent writing them" He Lent forward "Had Master DragonsFlame not been here I would be telling you to leave War would be safer ... However the Jedi has my trust, I just hope I don't regret giving it to him. I say sign the treaty" He spoke he was not overly confident but he was in no mood for war.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin snorted. "I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable either, Master DragonsFlame. By those rules, if you dropped a probe on every world in the Unknown Regions and took a month to conclude your efforts, at no point could we do anything about it without violating the treaty. Instead, I suggest that whatever competition takes place over a given world is not permitted to escalate beyond whatever moves decide the planet's destiny. Force forbid it turns into some kind of race, but if it does, whoever wins, wins. No massed armed contestations."

@[member="Phylis Alince"] was synonymous with delight, and Kiskla almost grinned far too broadly at the woman's entrance and whisper.
Unfortunately, Kiskla was inclined to agree with @[member="Ashin Varanin"] regarding the colloquialism in their environment; the representatives seemed to have no grasp on the gravity their actions held. There had been bloodshed and pain on both behalves; she could understand the desperation for it to stop before it got out of control, she was onboard with that -- even to the point that she hadn't made an appearance on O'reen -- but they had to be realistic and empathetic.Their rush to seal things could show their vulnerability.

Instead of whispering back (because Kiskla wasn't ever very good at volume regulation), she projected her thoughts to the other councillor's mentality; which was very, very strong indeed. Must have been filled with all those books! Not yet--but closer than before. She knew Phylis agreed with her that The Jedi were going to have to take a step back and evaluate themselves versus The Republic, as did @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] -- and this was a start.

"That's.... Fair" Josh said with a shrug. "I suppose I can deal with that. Let's just hope we won't have to deal with a problem like that"

Both sides needed to have a voice and a decision on it. Josh was inclined to give Ashin hers, so that was that. Approval had been given by the other party, and Josh took a breath.

Nodding to the droid, he casually rattled off each and every term they had agreed to, based off what a man who had come with the group to record them for convenience had written, and within a minute or so, the contract was there.

Josh read the contract over to ensure that neither the recorder or the droid had missed anything. Everything seemed to be in order.

He slid the contract first to @[member="Ashin Varanin"], giving her the first crack at it. He took a pen and gently put it beside the contract.

"If it pleases you, Master Varanin, first dibs are yours" he said with a small smile.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Oh...good."
Phylis then nudged her fellow Jedi Master @[member="Kiskla Grayson"].
“I missed it as I was coming in. Was someone saying we’re ‘dominoing’ worlds? Is that like…Domino that Twi’lek?”
She couldn’t telepathy, so she had to whisper, but she was probably not whispering as quietly as she thought.

Meanwhile below treaties were signed despite the peanut gallery’s interpretations.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin examined the stylus. "You broke our first non-aggression pact with the attack on Contruum, and the second with the attack on O'reen. That's not the best track record for keeping your word. If I sign this, and Selena Halcyon comes back, and it turns out that this agreement is worth as much as the last time Chancellor Harkness gave me his word...you see my dilemma. In part, it's because I don't think there's much understanding of natural consequence going on.

"Gentlemen, let me be frank. I'm a powerful person. I have stealthed transports, I can hide myself in the Force, I can get anywhere I need to get and do anything I want to do. I once carried a superweapon into the Republic Senate and walked out again. I want your Order and your Senate to understand that if this treaty gets delbroken, whether or not I follow the Light Side of the Force, I will give you a proportional response. Personally. I hope you start to understand how important it is that your government keep its word, no matter who's in power. I hope you can be taught to understand that. Hopefully, this clause-" She tapped the line that required a public, immediate apology for the invasion of O'reen. "-will be your teacher."

She signed and stood. "I was a Jedi Knight of the Republic, gentlemen. I remember an Order that prized compassion and diplomacy. Master Grayson has given me the first evidence I've seen in a long time that that Order can exist again. Don't disappoint me." She shrugged and passed the treaty to Lucien; when he signed, she passed it across the table to DragonsFlame and the Chancellor.

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
Harkness looked at the datapad and gave a nod. He kept his face on the woman and then looked to the jedi master when he spoke but remained quiet mostly because... He wasn't looking to make the Fringe lords friends in the long run. He was suspecting the only thing that would keep them back would be this woman. He slid and signed it looking over everything, at least he could say one thing, they weren't going to hand over the largest ship in the galaxy. That was a plus as he let it for the jedi to sign. "Understood."

He nodded. "Ah, Contruum... Kind of funny, actually. Not that Selena, against the judgement and orders of others, broke both treaties. But... Well, remember Philip J. Halen, our last Chancellor? The one that signed the pact that was broken not too long ago by Selena"

He smiled a bit as Harkness slid the contract to him. "What's ironic is my father signing the last one, and his son signing this one" he said, signing his name on behalf of Grandmaster Selena Halcyon. Philip Halen being the father of Josh hadn't been as well kept a secret in the last few months. Josh didn't mind saying it anymore. To be frank, he was proud of it, just as proud as he was of his own father.

"He was very unhappy about what happened on Contruum, and moreso when he heard that the one he signed was broken on O'Reen" he said. "I'll be doing all in my power to ensure that this one isn't broken, Selena or no Selena" he said. His eyes never left Ashin's. "As for Selena herself... If she breaks this one without cause, then obviously there are going to be consequences. That I understand. Also understand that if she does, there will be consequences on our part too. Not toward you, may I add, but to Halcyon herself. When it's become obvious that power is being abused, or someone is causing us more harm then good, then action will be taken. We are taking this pact very seriously, I assure you"

It was signed and done. He took a breath as he looked to make sure everything was finalized. He looked around, then stood to his feet, offering a hand to @[member="Ashin Varanin"] to shake.

"To the futures of The Republic, and to The Fringe"

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]
@[member="Jack Harkness"]

A smirk crossed Josh's face. He ignored the snapping of cameras from presses as they shook hands, only looking into the eyes of Ashin.

"To minding our own business"

It was done. The Republic and Fringe would be at peace, at least, besides the cold war. That was an issue that would continue, but at least for now they had room to breathe. They both did.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Bee boo bee bee boo.

Bee boo bee bee boo.

Bee boo bee bee b--

'Hello, you’ve reached the Republic. Please listen to the following options. Press one to speak to the jedi council. Press two to speak to the military forces. Press three to report a complaint. Press four to request a jedi at your next child’s birthday party – limited to ages seven standard years to eleven. Press five to….'

“What the kark! Hannibal, I can’t even dial into the conference. Don’t they know some of us high council members work during the day?”

Tossing the comm on the table, she kicked her feet up on the edge and leaned back in her chair, arms lackadaisically crossed behind her head. “We can’t all be @[member="Lucien Cordel"]…whelp, I hope Ashin at least got one of their planets out of this before signing anything. Cause who knows – in a few weeks, months, years when we’re not looking or we drop in numbers, who is to stop ‘em from pulllin’ another Half-witted Halcyon?”

@[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Iella E`ron"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Jared Ovmar"], @[member="Ashin Varanin"], @[member="Lucien Cordel"],

Phylis clapped her hands. That seemed the right thing to do. To peace! Security! Minding their own business!

Phylis wanted to talk with @[member="Ashin Varanin"], but the Sith-Jedi-Empress-Knight-Master was evidently busy and now available to talk.
The whole discussion about stealth frigates and hiding auras didn’t sound very Jedi like. Well…she considered Selena, Daella and Diana in her mind. Perhaps it was a certain type of Jedi-like.

With silence the Zabrak had followed the exchange allowing the Grand Admiral to take the lead as he leaned back into a chair. His eyes wandered about though, as did his awareness as he sought out familiar patterns in the Force. The current council was completely unknown to him in truth, but he'd been hoping to see his old friend and teacher Jedi Master Wraith but apparently he was either no longer part of the council or still out on his crusade to protect the innocent against harm.

With a smile the Zabrak stood his meeting his eyes as he bowed to the council, "How odd this feels, the last time I was meeting with the Republic we were discussing trade, and possible military alliances. How quickly the times change, no? Perhaps in time such talks will come again, but I imagine not for a long while. It is a sad age indeed when a parent must bury their child more often then not, I hope this leads to better days. May the Force be with you all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom