Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Sun Furnace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errant_FLeet.png

mark-c-starforge.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

the-techromancer-heart-of-the-forge-final2-red1-web.jpg

STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
MANUFACRUTING SYSTEMS
LOCATIONS
STRENGTHS
  • Factory of the Sun: The Sun Furnace is able to produce mass amounts of droids, arms and armament, ships, and other vessels to quite the degree. Acting as a station in which can generate a fleet, various armies, as well as being able to provide the space for all such to work in and around the station.
  • Fortress of the Void: Boasting extreme defenses, and an extreme amount of hangar space for the various operations going on, the Sun Furnace is able to easily act as a fortress, head quarters, or a mobile(A rather slow one) base of operations for which the Order of the Few can operate in and around.
WEAKNESSES
  • More, Moar, MOAR!: As a ship based factory, that can be used as a headquarters, Dark Praxeum, or just a location in which Sith of supporting factions convene, it sadly doesn't have any kind of offensive weaponry in which can be used to defend the vessel. This forces Vora Kaar to leave behind a portion of his Errant Fleet behind in order to defend the Station.
  • Life in the Slow Lane: As with any kind of vessel, foundry, factory, Head-Quarters, Station that this thing is, It is very slow in moving through the void of space. The only time in which this vessel would be considered "Fast" would be if it is in the orbitational pull of a planetary body. As the gravitational effects acting upon the vessel would cause it to orbit faster than it can actually move. While this could be considered a boon, it can also be a problem when in faster rotational planetary bodies in which make it difficult for this station to exit said orbit.
  • Backdraft at Large: Due to being able to hyperspace travel, the station itself is large enough to be able to influence smaller planetary bodies gravitational fields. (Akin to changing tides of fluids upon the planet in larger quantities) Thus, should this station attempt to enter hyperspace, it requires itself to be a significant distance away from the planet, or cosmic body it is leaving. Otherwise, it could cause the vessel to rip itself apart as the planetary body is attempting to hold it in place, while the hyperdrive yanks it in a desired direction.
tanis-teau-exegol.jpg

DESCRIPTION
There are multiple well known stations within the galaxy. Named for many reasons, a host of them were created with the intention of acting as a place of worship, an orbital shipyard, or just a home within the void of space. With so many through out the galaxy, its difficult to name them all! However, there is few in myth that are known by many.

The Sun Furnace is just one of them. While the true origins are unknown, it's structure shape and function match that of the Star Forges of the Infinite Empire.

The Star Forge once created and operated by the Infinite Empire, was a superweapon built upon the ideas of harnessing the energy of a star, utilizing the near limitless potential energy to be funneled and controlled for the application of creating an entire fleet. While the Star Forge known by many was used by the Former Jedi, Ex-Sith Lord, Reborn individual known as Revan, there were others than just that one. However, much smaller, and made for different applications. Terraforming planets, Battle Stations as a Guard of the planetary body it orbited are the known applications. Many believe it to be the successor of another station called "The Foundry." One in which was specifically made to generate, and create droids that could take on entire armies.

All of these were eventually found, and utilized by the Sith Empire under the Emperor Tenebrae. However, since the fall of the old era of Sith and Republic Wars, These stations were either destroyed, or lost to the void.

Vora Kaar, a Seeker of much within the Sith religion, sought after a formation that seemed to call out to him within the force. While its disputed on how he found such a station akin to the Star Forge, he has been slowly working on bringing this station back to its possible former glory.

Found as a derelict of the past, It was stripped of any kind of ancient technology by Sith of the past, or by the Empire eons ago. Thus, over the years, Vora has nearly single handed, refabricated, and rebuilt this station as a hub for his Order of the Few. However, his rise within the Sith has presented him with the opportunity as one of the Three Dark Sovereigns within the Warlords of the Sith. Giving him many more assets, and facets for him to draw from.

The Sovereign of Strength has
opened up the Sun Furnace to those of the Warlords, and the Order. Allowing for others to see what he has performed in a short time, and thus will act as a rallying cry for others to join him. Reforging the Sith with the heat of a Furnace.

Last edited:
We have several problems, I will try to seperate them from least to worst.

You need permissions from the two people listed to use their closed market submissions. No exceptions.

Rakatan Techology, much less builders is banned along with Infinite Empire. I understand the concept you are going but you cannot use them as a manufacturer. Remove it. Description wise, remove the mention of it but you can...say it possibly existed from it but it is unsure.

• Key to the Door: As with any kind of Sith location, one may need a Wayfinder to get there depending upon its location. Thus restricting outsiders from "stumbling" upon it.
No, does not work. Remove it. Wayfinder was used to navigate a treacherous stretch of space, not help hide the location of a massive station. So, remove it.

Hangar Space: Extreme
  • 500 HangarsVarying in size, and structure.
    • 1-150 Allocated for the docking of any vessel of Visitors, guests, personal craft, etc.
    • 151-300 Allocated for the strict use of Manufacturing vessels.
    • 301-350 Allocated for incoming or outgoing stock, textiles, materials, or other utilities.
    • 351-400 Allocated for Starships lower than 1000 Meters in length
    • 401-450 Allocation for Starships lower than 5000 meters in length
    • 451-475 Allocation for Ships lower than 8000 Meters in length
    • 476-495 Allocation for Ship lower than 10,000 meters in length
    • 496-500 Allocation for any other vehicles or ships that do not fit previous criteria.
This math is goofed. I understand the idea you are going for...but 29 hangers at less than 10,000 meters equals 290,000 meters. I would recommend redoing some of your math as I am not accepting this in its current format. I would recommend honestly maybe two bays at 10,000 or less with the others being large enough to hold a few more and be done with it.

• Backdraft at Large: Due to being able to hyperspace travel, the station itself is large enough to be able to influence smaller planetary bodies gravitational fields. (Akin to changing tides of fluids upon the planet in larger quantities) Thus, should this station attempt to enter hyperspace, it requires itself to be a significant distance away from the planet, or cosmic body it is leaving. Otherwise, if doing it too close at best, could completely disrupt the planetary features in some form, and at worse, cause the station to be ripped apart by being flung at faster than light travel into the planetary body.
No grenading a planet at close range. I like the idea you are doing and I otherwise enjoy the idea of being careful...but just say it has a very harsh stop of some kind, destroying systems or just breaking it apart. Do not fling it faster than light into a planet and destroy it. Please rework this.

• More, Moar, MOAR!: As a ship based factory, that can be used as a headquarters, Dark Praxeum, or just a location in which Sith of supporting factions convene, it sadly doesn't have any kind of offensive weaponry in which can be used to defend the vessel. Thus, forcing it to rely on a heightened production on ships, vessels, droids, etc, to create a fleet large enough to protect it. Acting as a guard. While the Errant Fleet leaves behind some vessels in which can defend the station, the station itself is reliant upon others to defend it.
Remove any mention that it can deploy starships to defend itself. As a civilian station, you are not allowed to have standby fleets for use from its own station. Leaving your own after being made, sure but not deploy any. Please reword.

Lastly, two things.

First, what is powering this station? I need to know this in the descriptions and at least in your writing below.

Second, I need it described how quickly it can create starships along with the answer in writing below.

These two are important and if you do not do these, you will not proceed. No exceptions, trying to cover all ground on this submission.

Let me know when you do all of this.
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Sorry for all of the corrections that have to be made, First time making a station so I am not all knowledgeable with this kind of setup.
  • Added permission of Technoid
  • Removed Roble manufacturing - I missed that one and neglected to remove it on my own.
  • Edited the submission to be of "Unknown origin" and that it "Looks like" the Star Forge, with the idea that "We don't think it is one, but it looks like one?" I hope that edit will work for what you are asking.
  • The Hangar system was just fluff and I threw random numbers at the screen. So I will just remove it all and make it vague so we avoid hard numbers.
  • Changed the wording of the weakness to just "Rip it apart" due to being held in place, and being sent off somewhere else. Rather than damaging a planet with a station.
  • Removed mention it can deploy starships, and left it to just be defended by a dedicated fleet.
The rest we can talk about.

I would like for the wayfinder to stay. Reason being is that the Jedi Version of such, Jedi Star Compass, which was attuned to specific points in hyperspace. Allowing one to travel to it. Meaning that it can be programmed to follow one specific point in hyperspace. They operate in nearly the same function. So fudging how it works just slightly so that a Wayfinder is tied to the station, would allow only those who have one to find said station ON PURPOSE. Now accidents can happen or planets/stations can be found in many other ways. I have edited the strength to specifically mention that it aids in the prevention of just Joe smoe from finding it, but its not impossible.

And the proposed questions you have for me that determine if this is a superweapon station?
It uses a "Standard" system. Nothing related to the force or using it to power the station as a whole. I have attempted to move away from what the Star Forge can do in being tied to the force as that is what it's main draw comes from. Being a nearly sentient station that can act on its own to create a fleet/military might. It has engines, it has outlets, it runs on conventional energy. In fact, the Molecular furnace, Fuel converters, and Synthicator is linked specifically for this reason. The Workers of the station would operate by bringing in raw textiles, trash, or scrap and it would be converted into fuel for the station to use, AND can also just have shipments of fuel itself. This molecular furnace is too small to say, Absorb a planet or star of all of its energy and funnel it into a singular source. It was all there already in the submission, I just didn't directly say it I guess. Which is a failure on my part to emphasize that it cannot do that.

Time in honestly fluid for Chaos. As there is no real set schedule for how fast things are made. In the actual Star Forge Wook page, it doesn't give a direct time in how long it took to make a fleet. From my research, it took Revan and Malak, within two years to build a fleet to combat the Republic. While I am not sure how big that fleet is, I would assume its fairly sized.

Our past timeline update puts us at the very least, 865 ABY, and the NIO started somewhere between 858 and 864 ABY. Meaning that Vora Kaar could have found it at the best time of 858, and had 6 years to make this station operational for Fleeting generation. More than Triple the amount of time that Revan had. Furthermore, we are past 864 ABY. Meaning it could be closer to 7-8 years worth of time. Making a Fleet for a Minor faction in the span of anywhere from 6-8 years with previous help of the Keepers of the Sith/Warlords of the Sith, and a very short period of time Vora was with the New Imperial Order, a Major Faction that did back up the minor faction of the Keepers and Warlords before turning on them, is to my opinion, viable.

I like all of it...except the Wayfinder.

Bare in mind, all it does is show the WAY there, nothing else. Yes, you are cloaked but any joe smoe can actually find it so you cannot just say "to bad, I ain't here". All this does is say it is right here and how to find it easier. Edit it to say that and it be fine. If not, I would recommend finding another way to explain how this station cannot be found as "fudging" does not work here. If you want to make a tech item that helps do that, I recommend that instead.
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Removed Wayfinder strength, and will just make one in the factory at a later date that has a specific use for the station. It will allow me to be more constructive with the submission and how it works comparable to what I previously had here.

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom