Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Star Ocean

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Viera Kisep Viera Kisep Mig Gred Mig Gred

"Their adaptability is questionable." Tychus spoke from his place... he was tall and built broad shouldered but he had an air around him. "Their ships might get better for aa moment but then just seemed to fall back into the same firing patterns... try and brute force their way." He said it and tapped an area of the screen. "Our ship AI was able to keep up and predict their movements faster." Sala'dine looked at him and the others as their information was going into what they had. She hadn't experienced them yet but she could look at the data provided. "Based on what I have reviewed from Dressel, their suicidal tactics when faaced with any form of defeat can be dangerous but it doesn't seem to factor in our defensive measures. The communications with them seem to be rather similar as well their superiority, their better then everyone else and talking about how anyone they kill is justified." She said it but was bringing up a few other things... "Dressel though had the benefit of a navigator who let the Kenobi fleets fighters harri them with proper path engines. I am looking at possible solutions, our new stealth detection system for the second fleet would be able to handle their stealth and I know the silver grandmaster has been developing her construction materials. The adamantine seems promising if not a waste to put everything in but surprise can be helpful if they are as powerful as rumored."

Viera nodded to everyone and shook hands with anyone who offered. "Viera Kisep, perspective new Admiral here I guess. I will admit I have been out of the fight for a while so I don't know what went down at Dressel. However it is very nice to meet all of you. Also note I am older than I look, don't let the new body fool you. " she smiled at her own joke and thought about it wanting to add to the conversation. "I like the way you think, use their aggression against them. "she noted " I also think you could perhaps work on electronic warfare, not only to protect yourselves but also to put them on the back foot and cause flaws in their swarms and the like. " She looked to Sala'dine and just took another drink. Not sure what more to add, she had to admit she was a bit out of her element here, having no knowledge of anyone but Sala'dine and no knowledge on the event in question. She should of requested a study guide from her friend or something as now she just looked unprepared and foolish.

Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Mig Gred Mig Gred Sala'dine Sala'dine

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig looked at the others, taking in the data curiously. He'd never faced House Io in space, but their adaptability, or the limits of it, might be key to this. He walked around, taping V-1 and quietly saying "Protection wall." Soon the droid would bring up a holoprojection of a Skira-class star destroyer, like the Kad, and two Shield-class cruisers.

"So, they're agressive, but only seem to be adaptable to a point.... Maybe a fallback tactic? Something they thing generally works. Angellus you mentioned your defenses were quite effective against them. Any idea how well a flak cloud could keep them at bay? Maybe give a chance to give other ships some breathing room, and if they seem to struggle with certain adaptation it's possible throwing more and more different kinds of weapons into the mix could confuse them." He looked at the others, trying to gauge their thoughts before continuing.

"Adaptability also relies on a certain level of predictability. A change was made, and they had trouble countering. I've never faced them in space, but it seems almost like a droid brain reaching its limits."

Sala'dine Sala'dine Viera Kisep Viera Kisep Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Gir listened carefully to others, making brief mental notes of things he would have to look into later based on their comments. Meetings like this could be invaluable just in having the experience of others to use as filters - some ideas could easily be dead ends that ultimately wouldn't be worthwhile. Yet if multiple people came to similar conclusions from independent backgrounds, that suggested a base truth. Yet they had also brought up some avenues of thoughts that he hadn't been aware of. He considered Mig Gred Mig Gred 's questions and was pleasantly surprised to see that he was also moving in a parallel line of thought.

"Well, if anything, it would seem that we have come to similar experiences about the nature of House Io's performance so far," started the blonde man, "there is a certain degree of aggression, almost to the point of suicidal desperation sometimes, with a high emphasis on mobility and notably not been interested in getting involved brawls - something that has been a weakness of some droid naval commanders in the past.

Our foe very much seems to be interested in all or nothing, decisive tactics. And I might add as a bit of speculation on my part, a particular preoccupation with controlling the offensive flow of the battle, sometimes without regard to casualties.

Have any of you seen any areas or have any ideas on how we might be able to pull them into a brawl which they seem to so disfavor? Or perhaps some of you can think of a some other behavior of theirs that any of us could exploit without the need for specialized equipment or skills?
"

Mig Gred Mig Gred | Sala'dine Sala'dine | Liram Angellus Liram Angellus | Viera Kisep Viera Kisep | Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Sala'dine

Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Viera Kisep Viera Kisep Mig Gred Mig Gred

She listened to them, compared what they were saying and there was some common ideas about the house... it fit and they seemed to be thinking of ways to out think them... it would be the most beneficial avenue logistically as most reports showed they only attacked if they had the distinct advantage and element of surprise. "Luring them into a trap based on the reports is easier said then done they aren't akin to engaging directly and try to retreat once they get some damage. Getting them into a brawl so we can quickly coordinate would be beneficial though." She tapped her chin and grinned listening to Viera.

"We can look towards more electronic warfare means as well these biots augment and indoctrinate the normal citizens as we saw on Crispor. Their organic members follow the same thoughts as their biots and leader which a hive mind may be beneficial as well if its control can be disrupted." She smirked as since all of the citizens gave themselves over to being augmented meant they might just shut down same as the biots which would at first be amusing until they tested to see if everything functioned on the same... then it might be more horrible and seemed the most likely to have happened. The House took the ideas of controlling its citizens to an extreme the Empire never could.

"Our main issue is mentality... experimenting to see what would be the best way to lure them or tactics against them costs people, would mean lives. If we didn't care about the crews and people at least superficially." She looked and doubted any of them knew the names of everyone under them but she doubted also that they would throw them into a meat grinder for the chance to see if there was a means to beat it. "We don't waste and sacrifice them needlessly or throw them at something to try and win recklessly." There was always the chance for droids but losing ships was never a benefit either.

"And I am not sure about non-exotic means... the Kenobi fleet has some of the more advanced equipment with their vanguard cannons each of the jedi can unlock to have fire. All reports of their use show ships cleaved in half from smaller models for speeders." And they seemed to barely make a scratch same as most other weapons or equipment. "The collective phalanx shielding held in reports from their attacks, our overlapping gird was helpful at least and it can be projected from fighters to fill in gaps when they are moving around for protecting larger ships." She looked at Viera and motioned. "But this is why we are looking for more fleet commanders, to vary our tactics and catch by surprise."

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
top_gun_maverick___banner_3418_x_1479_by_sachso74_df4io6i-fullview.jpg

SECTOR: Open Space
ORDERS: Meeting with other officers.
WINGMATES:
Sala'dine Sor-Jan Xantha Gir Quee Mig Gred Mig Gred

Code:
Carrier "Celestial City" (5km)
50 squadrons of fighters
Super Archangel class Multi-Role Fighter/Interceptor
Ashera Class Fighter
"AMF" Y-wing Bomber
Sovereignty Class Heavy/Assault Fighter
Elysian class Strike fighter

There was a reason as to why Liram was not normally one to attend these types of meetings. Sure, they were more or less of a like mind, and such but what was the command structure? The hierarchy? Was it Quee? Was it this Jedi chick who acted like they were all beneath her? It sure as shoot wasn’t him or this ex-Imperial. The kid was .. wait… why is a kid here?

They are playing “Chance Cubes”... play “Dejarik” with them. What I mean is that they are not “suicidal” in their moves. They just don’t think, they live in the moment and attack for that time. They don’t think about failure or options.

Stopping for a minute so that he would keep from going off on some tangent, Liram took a bite of his apple and swallowed.

An ancestor of mine coined a phrase that was passed down my family for a long time. “A ‘winner’ is three steps ahead of his opponent. A ‘champion’ lets his opponent think that they are three steps ahead.” You want to beat them? Fall back on your training and mix in your instincts. Use your strengths and play to them while taking their strength away. I used Lucerne deployable turrets like I always do, to close their operational theater and field of fire incrementally, they did not see, get, or understand that. Every move I made set up not only their response, but my next move. I didn’t rely on specifics, if you do that, you fail. That is what they were doing, a “hit at all costs” method. That is part of what we know about them at the moment.

He took another bite of the apple.

I say “at the moment” because what we know about them is what we know right now. They are going to adapt, they are going to change. Unless you all are planning on a full-on full scale assault with everything we have against them, whatever we plan here will not work.

He shrugged.

Right now, they are probably going over their own data and looking at what they did against the 9th before the rest of you jumped in. They think that they can hold their own; clearly though from their lack of a tactical plan they do not understand that all we were doing was probing. This combining of technologies is a nice idea, but it won’t work for us, it will only take from our efficiency.

Taking a drink, he threw out the apple core and went for a piece of bread.

jH4NGHH.png
Words
[/SPOI:ER]

headercom.png

Mig listened to others, taking in everything. Of everyone there, Mig was pretty sure he was the only one that hadn't seen House Ion in combat directly. It seemed like everyone had different, though somewhat similar, ideas on it. Mig tapped V1, quickly noting a few classes of ship. The Atin'la-class Heavy Cruiser. and Concordia-class Heavy Destroyer in particular, along with a "Kih Jair" project.

"If I'm understanding right, you know their general tactic, aggression as a means of controlling the battlefield. They try to avoid the outright brawl. They try to adapt after the fact assuming they can. Maybe we could... trick some into a brawl. A couple of vessel under my clan look less like heavy warships and more like faster designs. Even then a basic scan would give it away without some jamming. Missile cruisers and frigates might also be a good option as their loadout can be variable, and allow for quick changes in combat. It's funny that you mentioned electronic warfare though. CST has been working on a project Aries calls Kih Jair. Little Scream. A dedicated electronic warfare corvette with things like decoys, jammers, probably a few more tricks once things are finalized. Sorry it's a block with blocks attached to it in the hologram. Hull isn't quite decided on yet until the technical side is finished.

"Even with all that though, we need tactics to face Io in the here and now. I know you don't like the idea of combining tech Liram, but joint fleet tactics is practically the same thing if they focus on different areas. And the more kinds of vessel you have, the wider tactical advantages you can take advantage of. I like your ancestors way of thinking, but that can predicate on having other tactics to draw on. I have... something else that could play a surprise, but I don't want to risk the information."

Sala'dine Sala'dine Viera Kisep Viera Kisep Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

"Your ship called Little Scream sounds interesting. I am always of the mind get them where you want them so I am interested in ships that can pull that off. I am always in favor of combining tech, but that could be the Imperial in me... If I get a fleet, I suppose I will be in the market for ships so feel free to send anything open for other fleets to have my way to parse through. Yes, Sala'dine, that is me saying I will take you on your offer, let me know what I have to do to get approved but it would be nice to be working again. " Viera looked around. "Can we pull up stuff on the holograms? Perhaps we can put some simulations up to try some things. To let us put some of what we talked about to action so to speak."
Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Mig Gred Mig Gred Sala'dine Sala'dine

Sala'dine

She listened to the group aand they were presenting some ideas... some methods possibly and drawing House Io into a brawl would be ideal. In a slugfest they had more advantages with weapon typing and shielding.... technically they had the better weapons and that was before most of them unleashed their special reserves like vanguard cannons or all of Quee's missiles. A small smirk was on her face when she was looking at Kisep who had accepted her offer and the chance to aadd another Admiral to their ranks who would prove effective well it was good... more fleets were needed and she spoke. "THis is good news on a few things and we can run simulations, based on collected data and the shipyards can take design ideas for combinations or even new ships. We have worked to secure asteroid fields and moons with no claims on them for resources."

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
top_gun_maverick___banner_3418_x_1479_by_sachso74_df4io6i-fullview.jpg

SECTOR: Open Space
ORDERS: Meeting with other officers.
WINGMATES:
Sala'dine Sor-Jan Xantha Gir Quee Mig Gred Mig Gred

Carrier "Celestial City" (5km)
50 squadrons of fighters
Super Archangel class Multi-Role Fighter/Interceptor
Ashera Class Fighter
"AMF" Y-wing Bomber
Sovereignty Class Heavy/Assault Fighter
Elysian class Strike fighter

It's up to you how you feel about Liram Angellus. If you told him he had no place on the bridge, he would not argue with you. He could point out his success, but he would not argue. Then there are those who say he shouldn't be an Admiral, or even a Commodore, and he wouldn't argue with that since he has not been in command for all that long. He would point out that he already suspected that he didn't have the level of tact needed for a meeting like this.

How about calling him out on his tactics?

Have you lost your mind?

He has this in his blood. A bloodline dating back to the first Hyperspace Wars of military officers serving the Galactic Republic, the Galactic Empire, The Rebel Alliance, the New Republic and so on with distinction, all of whom had unique abilities, but all of them had one distinctive ability. Their battle skills, tactically speaking, were excellent. Some of Liram's tactics are instinctual, and he can't always explain how he comes up with them. You don't have to respect him, most people outside of his command never did, this did not bother him like it did others in his family’s past.

Open disrespect was uncalled for.

‘“Copaani mirshmure'cye?!!!” No, he was not Mandalorian, or speak the language… but he knew some curse words.

He couldn’t hide his anger if he wanted to. Angrily pressing some buttons on his datapad, the Admiral pulled up the different ships, of all types available to his command, and dropped it on the table in front of them. He did not bother with the conversation now and went to get another bottle of water and make himself a sandwich. If they don’t like it, then refreshments should not have been served.

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that I was supposed to be sitting at the “kid’s table”. If you want to combine fleets and get yourselves more types of ships, you go right ahead, I’ve already filled any holes in my operational needs. That’s what I have been doing with my business partner in an outside interest.

The datapad he had already hooked up was now showing the technical readouts of the different types and styles of combat ships that were available to him, available to anyone until the SJDF banner. True, the strength in his forces were in the fighters, but the fighters are powerful and several different types and styles. There were also the artillery ships to go alongside the defensive systems of the carriers. There were also several types of “multi-role” ships and direct engagement vessels. This was in addition to the Battalion of Marines aboard each heavy ship more than ready to board enemy vessels and the specialized pilot/commando teams for the same purpose.

As for weapons…

A couple of more button presses and he brought up some of the weapons specifically. They could look up the FALANX defensive system, or the turbolasers. However Morningstar Concussion Missile, GDAMM Guided bomb, Mustafire Cluster Missiles, Mustafire Cluster Rockets (mobile variant), and the Broadsword Capital Ship Grade Torpedo. They were all different styles of missiles, none of them corrosive or ionic, to be sure, but they all had their own capabilities and could fit varying roles.

As for the idea of using simulations to show different types and sets of ships, I’ve already done that as I mentioned, that is why many of those ships that are on here are in existence.

Subtly he pressed a button on his wrist comm-link. Taking a few swigs, he looked around the room and let the others talk, until finally his comm-link went off.

What is it?

Sir, you are needed on the Guardano, immediately.

Why?

I am not privy to the information, but am told it is Black Level priority and you would know.

Rolling his eyes, Angelus tossed his water bottle (empty) in the trash and went to leave.

Enjoy your chat. I have work to do.

Without another word, he left, and left angrily. Once out onto the landing bay and walking into “The Amenediel” shuttle, Liram was met by Captain Tantor.

“Did it work?”

Liram smiled as the loading ramp closed.

Like a charm, thank you.

The Celestial City Captain just laughed. “You’re more than welcome. Did the meeting go that badly?”

Liram got a little awkward as he walked further.

It wasn’t “bad”, just that it seemed like I wasn’t meant to be there, like the “Real Admirals” were there, and I was only meant, or maybe more appropriately “expected to” just watch.

Tantor just squirmed and cringed as he sat. “Oh, that sucks. I’m sorry sir.”

Don’t be. Liram just brushed it off. Nothing happened that I didn’t truly expect.

jH4NGHH.png
Words
[/SPOI:ER]

headercom.png

Gir watched silently as the others talk, taking note of different lines of thoughts and the reactions of some of those present. There seemed to be two basic approaches that people were taking to the conversation: talking about tactics and philosophy, and talking about technology. Sometimes the two went hand in hand - it was difficult to talk about conducting electronic warfare tactics. Sometimes they didn't, and when they didn't, it seemed to be leading to some frustration among some of those present. Most of them present had unusually high access to corporate partners if they themselves didn't have some direct influence of some partner company. Consequently, most of them were able to acquire or use technology based on their own preferences - it was probably not the group, for the most part, to try and sell new technologies too.

He watched as Liram departed for his ship and felt a twinge of regret. Disagreements and hurt feelings were something that no-one could avoid. What mattered was how one chose to act in the end. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to make a private call on his ship later...He turned his attention to the room's remaining occupants, starting with the former Imperial.

"The Concord is blessed with a number of shipwrights," started the blonde man, "Admiral Angellus just introduced you to Guardian Authority Limited, and I would hazard a guess based on your association that you are familiar with Sasori. I have some affiliation with Lucerne Labs, perhaps best known in the Concord right now for the Loci-class Strike Frigate and the Ackdool-class Star Defender. I'll arrange for a catalogue of products to be sent to you for your review. But I imagine that some others would like to briefly show you some of their technologies?"

At that, he turned toward the diminutive, youthful jedi master and the hardened Mandalorian warrior. Truly, the Concord had managed to bring together a group of officers and corporate magnates of very different backgrounds.

Mig Gred Mig Gred | Sala'dine Sala'dine | Liram Angellus Liram Angellus | Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha | Viera Kisep Viera Kisep

Mig was, a bit shocked by what Liram said, particularly considering it was in his own tongue. He talked about him being at the "kid's table," showed the impressive arsonal that he had. Guardian Authority LTD. Impressive... though Mig couldn't help but think that it could be interesting, to say the least, to work with Angella in the future. Might just leave that to Vaux. He then noticed to the man getting a message. Sounded like there was some trouble going on on one of the ships. Mig would simply give a nod, keeping his cool as he looked over.

"Didn't mean for what I said to put you down, admiral. But before you go, my clan has a fairly new saying. You win with the situation you have, not what you want." He didn't say it in a condescending, or even teaching way. More as just a counterpoint to what the man had shown. Mig knew all too well you could have all the gear you want, and still be on the losing end. Especially if you weren't told what one weapon did. Miracle anyone survived getting off Concord Dawn. He looked back at the table. Gir noted Lucerne Labs. Mig smiled a bit, knowing their work well.

"Some good stuff so far. My clan has Concord Specialized Technology. Probably best know for specialized warships, like the new Agitator-class cruiser, Shield-class escort cruiser, and the old Enigma-class FAC. Weapons and the like as well. V-1 here has all the data on them if you want it."

Gir Quee Gir Quee Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Sala'dine Sala'dine Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Viera Kisep Viera Kisep

Last edited:

Sala'dine

Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Viera Kisep Viera Kisep Mig Gred Mig Gred

Well that was certainly not what she was expecting... and didn't make a move to stop the man from going. His display seemed to her at least unprofessional but she wouldn't judge to harshly or make a deal of it yet. "Well alright." SHe said it and remained composed, straightening her uniform to make sure it was clean and ready. "We will add that equipment to the list of things that can be used." SHe was checking on it and well it was solid in its design... the mandalorian was presenting his and she listened with attention to him clasping hands in front of herself while using the interface to take notes with small flicks of her eyes on the overlay she could see. She spoke looking at Gir and nodded. "Sasori has its hands in many places and has developed some of the more exotic and advanced when it comes to starship equipment. Not even the original first order had advanced quintessence research as much as they have let alone figured out how to streamline it. Pocket dimensional storage, fabricators for producing warheads and well my personal favorite their uniform material. Stronger then the purest beskar iron but as lightweight as a feather and able to repair itself." SHe said it and it sounded like a sales pitch but it wasn't AAdmiral Quee was one who had been around and he was likely just as familiar with them. "Their weapons technologies is also several generations more aadvanced then what was being used in the Imperial Remnants."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom