Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Agitator-class Artillery Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
unknown.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Powerful, long range main cannon, targeting, and scanning.
  • Unlike the Firebrand-class, the Agitator-class can fire all weapons simultaneously.
  • Ablative armor.
  • Central A.I. lowers crew requirements.
  • More durable build.
WEAKNESSES
  • The Echo cannon has a low rate of fire.
  • Ablative armor can only take so much punishment before burning ways.
  • Similar to the Firebrand, the Agitator's Hyper Particle Cannon struggles at close range, even if this is buffered by her relative agility.
  • Most flak, twin laser, and quad particle turrets are focused towards the bow, leaving the stern more vulnerable.
  • Central A.I. can act independently and can sometimes ignore orders.
DESCRIPTION
The Agitator-class artillery cruiser is a ship designed by Concord Specialized Technologies that builds off the lessons learned after the development of their first cruiser, the Firebrand-class. Featuring a more filled in, yet sleeker, build, these cruisers still pack the massive Eyayah hyper particle cannon as their primary weapon, allowing the cruiser to punch well above its weight while keeping a fair distance from enemy fleets. Unlike the Firebrand's though, the Agitators have a much more powerful reactor and better management systems, allowing all weapons to remain active while the main gun is firing. These secondary batteries in twin PC-2 Blackout turrets for other large ships, and quad PC-3 Uur turrets, and twin laser turrets to take on smaller craft, like corvettes, fighters, and missile. Along with this she has twelve twin Rainburst turrets to provide flak support.

The Agitator-class's defenses are fairly standard with durasteel plating, shields, and CST's old standard of ablative armor. Along with this the ship feature a Central A.I., something the Firebrands never had installed as they were designed pre-Hammerfall. The ships still have their downsides though. Like their predecessors the HPC-1 is slow firing, and not very usable at close range, and their ablator is limited. Most of the Agitator-class's defensive weapons are also positioned towards the bow, and while this plays hand-in-hand with her main role in combat, it does still leave the stern more exposed. Along with this the ships still have the same downside as any ship with a Central A.I., being that they think independently and can ignore orders, and while some crews may not have an issue with this, preferring another voice to make decisions, others might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom