Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Slave and the Droid

Zerrene jumped when [member="Sally Brooks"] opened the door, scolding herself for not being on her guard.
"Y-Yeah." She cleared her throat. "Yeah, it's time."
She jerked a thumb behind her.
"I have a speeder stashed in the garage. Come on."

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Hearing about the speeder Sally nodded before saying {Alright. Let's go then. Sooner we deal with this the better. I'll just ride in the back.} After that she already started walking out of the safehouse. Given the way [member="Zerrene Torran"] had looked at her Sall wondered why. In fact, she started to wondr if she was looking at her now as she walked out. Was she worried about her turning on her?

Zerrene stared after [member="Sally Brooks"] for a moment, then shook her head and walked to the speeder, slipping into the driver's seat.
"Alright here's the plan: target's attending a party for the 'nobility', basically a bunch of crime lords. We break into the building across the street, and get to the roof, taking out anyone in our way. You spot me while I set up a sniper perch, and we take out the target. Got it?"

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Hearing the plan out once they were in the speeder Sally nodded before asking {How do you know he'll be in the right position to be shot? That's something I never understood with snipers. You always assume he'll be right where you want him. What if someone or something gets in the way? What if he winds up sick and in the bathroom for too long? Or get's called away so suddenly you miss the chance? I just think you might want to plan something out. Like, I don't know, maybe someone we have on the inside manages to get him there. You know, lure him into the right spot.} She didn't even realize that as she said it it would've been clear she was the one to do it, being a luxury droid and all.

[member="Zerrene Torran"]

Zerrene glanced at [member="Sally Brooks"], surprised; then cracked a smile.
". . . Alright, change of plans. You'll hack the door, then infiltrate the party. Lure the guy into the open, and I'll take him out. His name is Lordhal Darne; he's a tall human with slick black hair and green eyes, dressed in a checkered suit. Got it?"
She hadn't expected the droid to alter her plans, especially not come up with a better one. She was full of surprises, turns out.

At first she didn't realize it, saying {See? That makes more....wait what?} She turned back to her and said {You want me to...with the....and with...?} Seeing as [member="Zerrene Torran"] was clear with her intent Sally dropped back in her seat and sighed before saying {Fine. But first thing's first....I'm going to need something to wear.}

Looking to the shop as they pulled up Sally tried thinking what would work best. She looked back when [member="Zerrene Torran"] told her to pick something nice, to which she smirked and said {Only because you said so.} After that she walked in and it wasn't until fifteen minutes later that she walked out wearing a cocktail dress with matching shoes. {Think this will work?} she asked, genuinly curious.

(The dress itself in case you're curious lol: http://www.onlinepromdress.com/upfile/Occasion%20Dresses/Cocktail%20Dresses/Chiffon%20Sweetheart%20Beading%20ASYM%20Royal%20Blue%20Cocktail%20Dress.jpg )

Zerrene stared at [member="Sally Brooks"], a slight blush rising on her cheeks.
"Uhm, yeah, that's fine! Uhm, you ready?"
Dammit! What was wrong with her?! What happened to Zerrene the assassin, who had both men and women eating out of her hand? What was it about seeing Sally in a dress that reduced her to a teenager fresh out of puberty?!

Sally had noticed the change in [member="Zerrene Torran"] tone and cheeks. She was suprised to see the hardened assassin was suddenly having some sort of reaction to her. Maybe it was the dress. Sally smriked and said nothing. She only got back into the speeder and waited until they were off. She didn't say anything during the ride either, only talking if Zerrene had asked anything. She was actually starting to enjoy this.

Zerrene piloted the speeder in silence, keeping her eyes in front of her. After a moment, she opened her mouth.
"We're almost there. You clear on what to do?"

The assassin was hoping this mission would go smoothly; but her senses were telling her something strange would happen, and her senses were rarely wrong. . . .

[member="Sally Brooks"]

After fixing her dress a little Sally, hearing her question said {Flirt and make a few good moves towards him and get him into view. You take him out and it just looks like another assassination. I know what to do....I just hope it works.}

"Alright, then here we go."
Zerrene dropped [member="Sally Brooks"] off in front of the party.
"Have him in the open in about. . .ten minutes. I'll take him out, then act scared. I'll pick you up at the back of the building."
She hesitated for a moment.
"Good luck, and don't get killed."

She flew off, and parked in front of the building. She blasted the lock, and barged through the door, blaster at the ready.
But no one was there. She cautiously went through the building, but once more no one.
She made it to the roof, and set up her perch, checking the time.
"Seven minutes. A new record." She muttered, peering through the sniper rifle's scope at the throng.

"Let's do this."

Sally nodded to [member="Zerrene Torran"] before getting out and letting her drive off. As she went up to the party she made her excuse of being a "special gift" sent by a close friend of the target. It was managable enough to get her inside. Of course a droid being dressed up made people question as she entered but, acting clever about it, Sally, walked over to Darne while acting like a normal droid. She moved more like one and spoke like one, saying she was a private gift all dressed up and ready for him. Thankfully he was the type to take a gift and not ask too many questions, especially when it looked like Sally.

He brought her into his private room, with large windows all about, and asked her to join in at the foot of the bed. She did so, as ordered, and had to continue to play dumb until Zerrene made the shot. She was just wondering if the chiss was going to shoot or try enjoying the show.

Zerrene's grip on the rifle tightened as she watched through the window, her teeth grinding against each other. She eagerly waited for a clear shot, hating the way the guy spoke to the droid, his smile when he looked at the droid, the way he touched [member="Sally Brooks"].
The Chiss finally couldn't stand it anymore, and took the shot, the rifle's bolt streaming just past Sally's head, embedding in the target's own head as he removed his clothing, falling on his bed.
"Serves you right, you bastard!" She muttered, descending towards her speeder, unaware of the pair of eyes that spotted the bolt, and wondered. . .

The sudden shot had made the target's wound explode over Sally's face. She was shocked in that moment, realizing it had finally happened. She went stiff as she could hear people coming. She stayed still and looked as they entered, some screaming at the sight before asking her what happened. She only pointed at the window, showing where the bullet went through and killed him to indicate a sniper. Of course that kept them off of her as she managed to eventually slip away from the party and out to the back where [member="Zerrene Torran"] was waiting. She still seemed so stunned even when she got back in with her. She looked down and realized something. {There's.....blood on my dress.} There was more on her face and on her chest as well, she just hadn't realized.

Zerrene had a hardened look on her face when she picked up [member="Sally Brooks"], but softened when she spoke.
"Yeah. . .Sorry. I didn't think you wanted him to. . .you know. . ."
Did she? The Chiss honestly had no idea what the droid wanted. She knew almost nothing about her companion. She gripped the piloting wheel harder at the thought, gritting her teeth.

{No...it's not that.} she said, still looking down. {It's just....I've never....seen someone murdered before. Not right in front of me like that...} It made her think back to the day she changed from human to droid, seeing her own dead body sitting at her feet already bleeding out. It was such a surreal and unplesant feeling then and it wasn't any better now.

Zerrene didn't know what to say, and simply piloted them back to the safe house in silence. What could she say? She'd always known death, known the kill. She couldn't begin to imagine what that felt like. . .
She landed in the safe house garage.
She got out of the speeder, stopped, and glanced back at [member="Sally Brooks"], her expression unreadable.
"If you wish to leave. . .I understand."
She entered the safe house without another word.

After they were back and [member="Zerrene Torran"] gave her the option to leave before going back inside herself Sally didn't know what to do. She sat in the speeder for a long time, thinking to herself. She was remembering the dead target, her own dead body, and now wondering if there was going to be more of this in the future if she stayed with the chiss. Of course there would be. She was an assassin after all. Could she deal with that? Maybe she should just leave. But then where would she go? This was the closest thing to an actual home for her now.

Eventually she walked back inside to find Zerrene before saying {I...I need to wash the blood off.}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom