Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Slave and the Droid

Zerrene scanned the new arrivals at the Narr Shaddaa spaceport, once again checking the holo with her target's details. She didn't know why someone wanted the droid dead, and didn't really care, as long as she got her credits.
She stroked the handle of one of her blaster pistols, waiting for the chance to use it.
Hopefully the clanker would show up soon.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Nar Shaddar wasn't exaclty the nicest place but when needing the crucial tune-ups and parts for keeping a droid in top conditon for the next hundread years, you'd probably be willing to risk it. Especially when that was your own body. For Sally Brooks, the scientist's mind trapped within a luxury droid, she'd been dealing with the fact that she knew the droid body would eventually break down. While there was the chance of gaining a new body Sally had not considered the effects of such a transfer.

Could her whole memories and mind still be kept intact? Would the process even work from one droid body to another? What if something went critically wrong?

Given these variables Sally prefered not to risk such a procedure yet. Instead she'd made her way to the planet where some of the better droid tech supplies could be found for the right prices. She'd dressed herself covered in a cloak and hood at the risk of not drawing the wrong sort of attention. A pricy luxury droid model like herself would mean a lot to the right people. She was only now just finishing what she needed to ensure the bodies efficent running from here on when she was trying to make it back to the shuttle port.

She needed to get away from here and find somewhere else to set up a new lab or the like. Anything to try and free her mind from the body at this point.

[member="Zerrene Torran"]

Zerrene perked up as her senses whispered to her, scanning the new arrivals coming off a shuttle. She zeroed in on one in a cloak, the whispers becoming shouts. The Chiss assassin studied them closely, and spotted a flash of metal within the cloth. She smirked. Gotcha.
She began following her target, hands in her pockets, on the handles of her concealed weapons. Time to make some credits.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

The entire time walking Sally had a very odd sense, which was saying something when most of her other senses were gone. She couldn't feel, smell, taste, or anything. But she did always have that odd sensation people tended to have when they felt something was wrong. In this case she felt as though she was being watched. While it was obvious, given that a cloaked person would garner attention, this felt a lot different. It felt as though someone had a more intent look towards her.

Aside from the unseen assassin someone else was indded watching her. Someone who'd managed to see the metal shine underneath the cloak, just as [member="Zerrene Torran"] did. Someone who could already smell a profit to be had.

Once they got out of sight of the Narr Shaddaa authorities, Zerrene moved in. She pulled out her blaster and set it to pulse mode, perfect for droids; she stuck it against the droid's back.
"Someone wants you dead, clanker." She purred. She liked playing with her targets if she ever got the chance.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Feeling the sudden poke behind her back Sally went stiff. She didn't dare look behind her for fear of the person killing her then and there. She only kept her hands a little rasied and her eyes foward. It was a good thing she wasn't human, otherwise she'd be sweating up a storm now.

The others who'd been watching the droid took note of the chiss' sudden apperance. Seeing her one of them had a sudden sense of deja'vu. They knew her, in the way or knowing someone who owed you a lot or who you wanted dead. This new update made whoever it was decided to try and wait for a surprise moment to strike with their friends.

Sally, still looking foward, said {Who? Who sent you to kill me? Weren't they satisifed enough that I've been turned into this?}

"Turned into this"? What did that mean? The assasssin shook the thought out of her head and shrugged.
"Don't know, don't care. All that matters is that I get paid. Sorry."
Just as she was about to pull the trigger, several blaster bolts came out of the shadows, striking all around the pair.
"SITHSPIT!" The Chiss cursed, throwing the droid down and diving into cover, switching her blaster back to regular fire and returning with her own blaster bolts.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Sally gasped when the chiss was ready to fire before the sudden barrage of blaster bolts had started. She almost screamed before being pulled down onto the ground by the assassin and then, from there, found the nearest place to hide while covering her head. She never liked gun fire. She was always squemish about being around blasters and the like.

While still staying in cover she asked the assassin {Friends of yours?} indicating the people attacking.

She grunted as bolts rained on her cover.
"I recognize a few. Slavers."
She pulled her other blaster out and poured out fire dropping an assailant with a scream.
"You gonna join in, or just sit there!?" She shouted at her former target.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Being handed the blaster Sally was shocked. She only looked at it in her hand and back to the chiss before saying {Are you insane? I don't know how to handle one of these things!} All she did was duck back as a shot went right over her head.

When asked Sally needed a minute to think. She looked about, trying to see if there was anything useful to be had from the surrounding area. To her luck there was always going up. She could see an easier area on the rooftop, though no way of getting up there. Except one. Pulling off her cloak Sally revealed the rest of her droid body, which had a few odd looking upgrades to it.

Taking the assassin by the shoulder she said {I can do this!}

Suddenly, using a small jetpack on her back, thrusters in her feet, she luanched both herself and the chiss up into the air for a brief moment. The two eventually landed onto the rooftop where Sally instantly ducked down from the continung fire of the blaster from the slavers.

To say that Zerrene was shocked when the droid flew her to a rooftop would be an understatement. But she quickly ignored that in favor of pulling her sniper rifle and taking aim at their assailants. She pulled the trigger several times, calmly, and most of the slavers collapsed. The rest decided the two weren't worth their lives, and retreated.

The Chiss turned to the droid. "Well, I suppose I owe you an apology."

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Sally had remained hiding until the firing stopped. She looked, seeing the others who were shotting were gone before looking back to the chiss. When she began to show a reluctant and apologetic feeling towards her Sally had an obviously annoyed looked before crossing her arms. At the mention of an apology she said {I don't like be refered to as 'clanker' you know. Nor do I like having guns pointed at me, or being drawn into a fire fight. But maybe you can make up for it by telling me who sent you.}

She shrugged.
"No idea. I was contacted through a middle man, and this isn't exactly the kind of business where you ask questions, you now. All I was told was to look for a cl-uh, droid, of your description, and take it out."
She rubbed the back of her neck. "Didn't expect my past to catch up with me, here."

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Without any clear answers Sally shook her head, dissaproving of the fact she had no leads. With a robitc sigh she said {Guess there's no point in asking then. Whoever they are they know I'm still alive. Which means I need to go deeper underground.} After that she looked back to the chiss and asked {Those men who were after you. You said they were slavers. I take it your something of a runaway then, like me?}

"You could say that." She said simply.
"Something tells me they weren't on a 'capture' mission, though; so it looks like I'm become more of a nuisance to them."
Catching on to what the droid had said, she raised an eyebrow.
"Runaway? What are you running from?"

[member="Sally Brooks"]

{The people who hired you, obviously.} She answered. {But not for what you think. It's....hard to explain. Look, just tell me if you know a way I can hide. Make myself less known or something. Better yet, maybe if you can convince whoever hired you that you actually got the job done. Maybe then they'll leave me alone. I'm tried of running from them. Not like they haven't already taken enough from me....}

Zerrene thought for a moment.
"Well, I COULD tell them I got you, sure. With this firefight, they'll likely assume I got you in it."
Then she frowned.
"The question is, WHY would I do that? I got promised a lot of credits for this job."

[member="Sally Brooks"]

{Because....because you don't understand. I'm not a droid. I'm a person. A human! I was trapped in this body when....well when my real one was destroyed. The people who tried to kill me then have been chasing me all over this galaxy because they either want me dead or want to take what's still left up here and pick it apart.} she tapped on her head to indicate her cybernetic brain. {Please. I'm asking you, as one runway to another, just give me this chance.}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom