Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Slave and the Droid

Zerrene stared at the droid in silence for a minute. She didn't know why, but something about it's story touched her.
She sighed.
"Fine. But you owe me! The money from this job would feed me for a year!"

[member="Sally Brooks"]

With a sigh of relief she said {Thank you. I promise, I'll try to repay you somehow.} After a moment Sally looked about before asking {So.....what happens now? We parts ways and that's the end of it?} Her question seemed more curious than blunt. She was actually wondering what would happen now that she had the chiss had reached an agreement. To be fair she did feel as though there was something about this gril she might like. Maybe it was just because she was nice to her.

[member="Zerrene Torran"]

"Well, I've helped you out THIS much. . .You got a place to stay? I have a safe house set up not far from here."
The Chiss was surprised to find those words come out of her own mouth. What the. . . . . Why would she offer that? Why did she care what happened to Sally?

[member="Sally Brooks"]

She was a bit surpised by the offer. From trying to kill her to letting her stay at a safehouse for herself. This chiss girl seemed to have a softer side to her that Sally didn't consider; especially after she'd gunned down slavers after pointing it at her. She gave a little smile and said {If you don't think I'll impose, sure. I'm Sally, by the way.} she held her hand out.

"Zerrene." She grunted, ignoring the droid's hand. She took out her holo, and sent a quick holo to her employer, saying the job was done.
"Now, if I tell you the way, can you. . . .fly us there?"
She couldn't believe she just said that.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Sally slowly drew her hand back, obviously a bit put off by Zerrene's attitude, before seeing her clear the deal with her employer; whoever it was. After that when she'd asked about flying an odd look went over her face before saying {I'm....not sure. Depends on how far it is. I haven't exaclty tested the distance this jetpack can sustain. Not to mention needing to calculate the extra bodu weight I'll be carrying.} Realizing how it sounded she looked back to the chiss and said {Not that I'm implying anything.}

Looking in the general direction Sally sighed, trying to ssure herself it would be fine. {Alright then. Let's just pary to the force this dosen't kill us.} She held [member="Zerrene Torran"] under her arms before lifting off. It was rought at first but Sally managed to find a decent compensation before manuvering west. As they flew over people below obviously were confused or just shocked at the sight of a flying droid with an armed chiss. Sally just kept flying foward trying not to look down.

Seeing the house she pointed at Sally nodded and tried to work her way down. The only problem was as she got further down she tried tipping her body, causing her traction with how to land become a little out of hinge. She wound up crashing with [member="Zerrene Torran"] to the ground just in front of the house. Given how they landed, however, Sally found herself right ontop of Zerrene with her head in an unmentioable part of her chest. Looking up and realizing what just happened she gave an awkward chukle.

Zerrene stared at [member="Sally Brooks"] for a moment with a raised eyebrow.
"If you're not gonna do anything with me, you mind getting off me? We do have places to be, you know. . ."
She found her more amused than anything, honestly; that awkward little chuckle was adorable.

As soon as she'd said it Sally stood and wiped herself off, giving a quick {Sorry.} to [member="Zerrene Torran"] before looking to the safehouse they'd landed in front of. It looked cozy enough but Sally wondered how safe it would be. But then again it wasn't her perminant residence, meaning she might have been the type to travel a lot, like her.

Zerrene dusted herself off, sighing as she looked around her safe house.
"I'd offer you some refreshments, but. . ." She gestured to [member="Sally Brooks"] body.
"Take any room if you want one; if you don't, fine. Just to warn you, I'm not staying for long. Got another contract."

Sally only perked a metal eye at the remark about needing refreshments. Obviously that wasn't an option for her anymore. Still, after looking around, she did comment {Could use a woman's touch...} After that she heard offer for any of the rooms, she saying {Thanks} before hearing how she wasn't staying long. {How far are you going exaclty? I mean, if it's no trouble, maybe I can help? I do still need to pay you back for this mission, remember?}

She hesitated before answering.
"It should be a simple break-in and shoot, but I suppose I could use some back-up. . . .Wait."
She raised an eyebrow.
"How are you at hacking?"

[member="Sally Brooks"]

When the question arose Sally had given her a bemused look. {You do know you're talking to a droid, right? I can hack into anything with the right amount of time.} To further show this she held up her index finer before a small prode-like device etended from it.

She grunted.
"Alright. I was just gonna blast the lock, but now that I have you with me, we can do this more stealthy."
Zerrene looked Sally over.
"And later, I'll teach you how to use a blaster. If you're going to stay with me, you've got to be bale to defend yourself."
She sat on a couch in the room.
"We leave in two hours; till then, get yourself situated."

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Hearing what she would need a slicer for Sally nodded to Zerrene, thinking it could help build some sort of freindship between them. When the talk of practicing with a blaster came up Sally gulped, surprised that she could given her metallic throat. After that, when the chiss sat on the couch, she nodded and walked out into one of the nearby rooms. She closed the door behind her, unsure of what to do next. There wasn't much needed for her at this point yet there was still the problem of how this would all play out. She was worried about getting into a fire fight or messing up somehow. A lot of pressure for someone with a metal heart.

Zerrene pondered the mystery that was her new companion as she relaxed.
Aside from once being human, and now a clank-. . .droid, she knew nothing of the woman. And she was still reeling from actually allowing her into her safe house. Since when did the Chiss trust anyone, let alone droids?
What if someone hacked her? Reprogrammed her to betray Zerrene. The thought disturbed her, and on a deeper level than simple betrayal.
She snapped out of her thoughts, checking the time. Time for the mission.
She walked to the room [member="Sally Brooks"] was in, raising her hand to knock on the door, but hesitated, for some reason she couldn't understand. What if she was invading her privacy. Zerrene bit her lip, trying to decide her course of action.

[member="Sally Brooks"]

Sally had only sat and waited while thinking on a few things. For one she was suprised she was so willing to throw herself in with this chiss assassin. She was a gifted scientist with a life and it was all gone now. And now she was grouping herself in with a woman who kills for money. Aside from being turned into a droid against her will this was something she felt wasn't her. So much of her life was changing so suddenly that it was starting to scare her. As she thought to herself she looked to the door, seeing the shadows of [member="Zerrene Torran"] feet below. She stood, exepcting her to knock, before walking to the door and opening it instead.

{It's time already?} she asked. {Wow...time files, right?}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom