Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Silver Jedi Come (Dominion of Malachor V + Sith Order Rebellion)

Planet: Malachor V
Objective: Shadow Temple
2nd Objective: Fashionista
Allies: [member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Undin Jaii Kryze"]
Enemies: Darth Traya (@Celiana) Darth Nilhilus (@Ar'ekk) Darth Sion ([member="Rasu Gan"])

Claire heard Matsu and approached her. As she did something felt... strange coming the temple. "Whoa... what is that...? It feels creepy... and cold..."

Objective: Exploration and information gathering
Allies: Silver Jedi
Enemies: Unknown

This time around there was no broomstick, no Cathul to make her lighter. She had to place her trust in an ascension cable that wasn't designed for Wookiees (she had the morphology of a Wookiee and she needed Wookiee-sized clothes whenever she shopped for those, which wasn't often). It was the one time where her absent-mindedness cost her dearly: none of the three brought their broomsticks off the trio's ship. Only now did Jessica think about the broomstick. Now the broomstick was going to be handy to safely get out of the bridge, leaving Charzon and Jessica to fall back deeper inside the centrisphere, into its inner workings. Charzon kept quiet while she heard about Jessica's idea, and she preferred to stay inside the centrisphere so that she wouldn't freeze as hard. Jessica could probably withstand the cold better than Charzon could: she had more flesh to absorb the cold. It might be crazy, but Marcia coming back with two fully-retracted broomsticks for the other two to use may just work...

"Marcia, once we're down, could you please go back and bring us the broomsticks please?"

"Our ship has been parked in the donut's overture"

"With one broomstick on each hand, with your F-11D on a back strap, you can bring us both broomsticks"

"Roger"

Objective: Admit his dad was right
Ally: [member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

"And now you sound a lot like my father," Judah admitted rather reluctantly. The Shadow had always taught Judah of the darkness which lives inside each Jedi. It was only until one accepted the fact they carried that it would actually be no threat to them. It was how the Shadows could walk a fine line without actually giving in. What Judah had done in comparison to some of the things his father had done was nothing. He had to keep things in perspective, and he was not doing that. Perhaps Judah needed to mend his relationship with a father who had been gone more than he had been available.

Judah found himself walking back to where he had come from. The desire to find something to take his guilt out on was gone. It had been replaced with a strong desire to return to Voss and train harder, to actually finish what he had started as a young child and become Jedi Knight. Knowing that he did not have to be perfect as long as he was willing to learn, knowing the choices would be presented that he would not like, but knowing he could take a life if needed, it was beginning to have a different impact on him.

"It is odd what we have to really embrace to be Jedi. The code my father's generation believed for instance, it does not exactly fit with what you say. I can't help but notice that the words we memorize are lived and walked out much differently than they are said."

Judah paused his steps.

"Thank you," he said with a genuine tone. "I would have done something stupid I am sure of it."

Zoist
New Adasta
Evening
(4)

[member="Jacen Clanstrider"]

--------------------------------------------

As the wee hours of the night approached more people piled into the bar, soon the bar keep was busy with all the patrons and paid little attention of the new faces of Coci and Jacen. Once the initial interest in them had passed now they could get to work, her second Ale was in front of her but she had only taken a cursory sip, she barely said anything the Jacen in this time, save for small talk but she was biding her time before the two of them could gather information.

Coci turned toward him, leaning in closer so only he would hear her words, "There has been information received by the Assembly that a small group, people of interest to the Order that have gathered with this sector, I am hoping to find anything on them, as we have very little to go on other then rumours. We don't even have a name of any one person or the group itself, so be mindful of anything you might hear, no matter how small or insignificant .. let me know".

Coci will remain at the bar and engage the keep in conversation, if anyone was to know anything .. it is bar keeps. "Mingle with the patrons, watch and listen, talk to them and see what you might find out". She felt it too, the presence of someone unknown but with strong connection to the darkside. She gave Jacen a sharp nod to go, but she will be ever alert to his position within the bar should trouble find him.

Zoist
Objective: Explore unknown structure in the Tundra

(5)

[member="Kiriko"]

---------------------------------------------------------

Apparently ... Apparently, there is a set of a new Jedi robes ([member="Matsu Ike"]) to be picked up on this ship for him and before existing to continue the mission Théo went to find it and put it on. Naturally there was a custom male version of this set of robes, thankfully, but even still the thing clung to his body like a second skin and left nothing to the imagination, not to mention it was beginning to chaff. "I look like my mother", he said to himself, nope that would never do and he began to peel himself out of it but before he could Théo felt the unmistakable presence of Kiriko.

Quickly zipping up the robes once more, he left to him his new apprentice. Two companions of Midvinter that are learning about each other as much as he is training the youngling, of the same land but so different and this was to be relished. But Kiriko would prove to be a handful, he just knew, like any youngling, like any child but this suited Théo. Arriving just in time to hear the cub calling for adventure, Théo joined him on the surface of the planet.

"Nice huh? this cold weather. But stay close to the Kiriko we are here on a mission to explore this unknown facility and we could encounter a threat or worse", Kiriko is unarmed in the sense of weapons known to Théo but he has nature weapons in the strength of his paws and claws, not to mention physical strength that all those of Midvinter are blessed with.

A beep on the com informed the group of a set location of the target area, acknowledging this Théo indicated for Kiriko to move out across the cold landscape.

Location: Daragon-class Colony Corvette Shadow Runner, Dromund System
Objective: Explore the Caldera
Enemies: Currently none

[2/38]

"I see."

That's hardly surprising, I suppose. Dozens of companies over the years have had time to make their own versions of that ship. A perfect instrument to use if you want to conceal your identity in this area of space. I wonder why Noa would think he could find something about those ships given how common they are...unless he was simply doing it to 'just do something to keep his wife happy'. While that was a logical possibility, Gir couldn't really see the mining tycoon being so easily swayed by his wife's emotions. If anything, Noa had determinedly pushed his own personal agenda on the voyage, even when it ran counter to the stated interests of the Itolio Colony Charter. And yet people stay with him even after that first attack, ready to colonize a new world. He must have a really good knack for finding the right places to mine...Money, maybe just even havingthe prospect of having more money, can soothe over a lot of discontent. I suppose that if they're all happy in the end, that's all that really matters. Miss Jace cleared her throat.

"Do you think there's a chance captain, that we will see our attackers again?"

"Possibly," said Gir, "we don't know why they attacked your first colony ship. It may have simply been a target of opportunity that could be easily looted and salvage. But if they were specifically targeting the colonization effort for some reason, I think that we will see them again."

Her countenance seemed to darken, "Not the words I was hoping for, but I guess I should have known. If it didn't seem likely, neither you nor Noa will be looking into them."

A silver protocol droid waddled over to stand before them.

"Captain Quee and Miss Jace, I have just received word from Mister Jace that his shuttle will be here docking in ten minutes."

"Is his business concluded then?"

The droid hesitated.

"I believe so," replied the 3PO unit, "I do not see any more tasks or events listed on his digital schedule."

Gir swiveled his chair to face his navigator, a woman with short red hair originally from Commenor.

"Miss Clovis, it looks as if we will be heading out shortly. If you would double-check the routes one more time, I would appreciate that," said the blonde man.

"Got it boss."

"Everyone else, let's start preparing our systems and people for the actual jump. Miss Jace, I imagine that your husband would like to see you at the airlock."

She blinked, "Yes...he might...thank you Captain. You will update me and Noa if you find anything?"

"But of course."

While Marcia laboriously went down all the way and retrieved the broomsticks, Charzon and Jessica are busy on the deck of the centrisphere. They explore the deck of the centrisphere and find that there is very little to learn about this ship that they don't already know from other historical sources, and knowing how this ship ended up on Elom might be more interesting than knowing about the ship itself. Although, from reliable senatorial sources, they know there are other interested parties in rebuilding the Lucrehulks of old, Ringovinda StarYards have a head start compared to the other party, also another shipyard known to the Senate of the Techno Empire. After about 25-30 minutes spent by Marcia, she arrives, sneezing and tired, with the two broomsticks in tow, while Marcia just walked through the snowstorm in an attempt to retrieve the requested broomsticks. Now they were going to look like real space witches while in flight... these three women were about to board their respective broomsticks.

"Here comes Marcia now: stand ready and get to that terrace now! We're going to ride broomsticks to the top!"

"Here are your broomsticks!" Just take them and follow me to the ship's bridge!"

"Roger, Marcia"

"Hurry up if you want to know the truth about this ship!"

Objective: Exploration/None
In Proximity: [member="Judah Lesan Jr."]

It was frankly starting to sound like Judah had a lot of holes in his education, if he was still struggling with the Code. True, Teynara had found it oddly misleading at moments, but the more she practiced as a Jedi, the more she came to better understand that it wasn't to be taken literally, but rather as a pathway marked out by different stages of development. And so Jedi have found themselves thinking that they are on the wrong side of the Code when they're actually right where they need to be. It often left Tey to wonder why the ancient Masters that had formulated much of the Order's doctrine hadn't just been more...straightforward. Imagine the time and problems we might have saved if they'd been a little clearer...

Then again, maybe those particular Masters might have thought that taking shortcuts on the basics might have led to even worse results.

The Padawan was right, though: much of what was written wasn't necessarily what the Jedi acted upon. The more militant stance of some, in particular, had often unsettled her, and this emphasis on a dominant Light Side was one that struck her as dangerous as it was complacent. When good people become certain of their righteousness, that's when evil things happen. That wasn't something she wanted to see any more of, but some Jedi were precariously close to that path, and that worried her. Small wonder this one struggles to know which path to walk. Sometimes she did, too.

"Maybe I'm just one of the more unorthodox Jedi around," the Healer offered by way of explanation, flashing a short smile in acknowledgement of the Padawan's gratitude, though it seemed misplaced to her mind. "I'm too much of a scientist to wholly buy into some of the mysticism, but I trust the Force, and I trust the others of our Order." Teynara offered another half-shrug, tilting her head slightly to one side. "None of us can have all the answers alone, so we all have to work together to deal with our doubts and our feelings sometimes."

It felt like, for the moment, that the initial danger with the young man had passed: though Teynara could sense that he still carried his guilt and his worries with him, they weren't as close to the surface as they had been, and that might suffice, for now. Sith worlds were notorious for being able to pick away at a person's mental state, though, so the Jedi had trained to be wary with their emotions, and learn to accept them rather than allow them to remain in a vulnerable state that might be manipulated. He's going to have work hard on that if he's going to progress past this point.

That he was the son of a Jedi at least made her feel like the Order were taking a step in the right direction, though: for a good long while, relationships with Jedi or even with non-Jedi had been strictly regulated, because the Jedi had felt that one's attachments compromised objectivity, and the ability of the Jedi to do their duty. That had relaxed considerably as time went by, but the Padawan was evidence of it, given that at least one or perhaps even both of his parents were Jedi. It's a start.

"So, what would you do next, friend?", she asked him softly, quirking a pale eyebrow out of curiousity. Her own presence on Malachor had been precautionary more than anything: she wasn't here to help, as such, just to be there in case of an emergency, where the arts of a Healer might be required. As for what the Padawan was doing here, well, she wasn't sure, so perhaps it would be best to follow his lead, and see where things went from there. "Malachor's not exactly a sight-seeing spot. What were your priorities here?"

Location: Daragon-class Colony Corvette Shadow Runner, Dromund System
Objective: Explore the Caldera
Enemies: Currently none

[3/38]

Gir watched the protocol droid waddled out of the bridge, trailing behind the mining tycoon's wife. One problem out of the way...for now. He swiveled in his chair to face his terminal again. With a quick few keystrokes, he found himself looking at the navigational charts of the Caldera. Like most charts,the information that they had was based on an original chart that was slowly updated over the years by fellow travelers who shared their information with BoSS. Looking at the chart, Gir could see certain areas, mainly around Dromund Kass and up the Zoist tree, remained very current. But their data past Jaguada looked very several months old, while the data past Khar Delba appeared to be so ancient that Gir doubted that they could use it. They would essentially have to start from scratch again. It'll be slow going...but we'll get there...Some minutes passed as he double checked the data before the cylindrical comlink on his tunic buzzed. He tapped a button on it to accept the call.

"Yes?"

A croaky voice with a faint trace of the Core World clip began to pour of the minute speaker.

"Captain Quee, I am onboard you now," said Noa Jace, "thus, we may depart. I would like to see you in my cabin in a few minutes. I have some questions for you about our journey that I wish to describe in private."

"I understand, I will be with you shortly then," said the blonde man.

"Good, I will see you then. Jace out."

Gir turned his eyes to the ship's helmsman, who simply turned back to face his station at Gir's gaze. It's hardly worth repeating...With that, the almost disc-like hull of the Shadow Runner leapt into hyperspace. Gir half-expected to feel some unusual turbulence or feel the craft descend back into realspace, but their hyperspace bubble appeared to be stable. He drew in a deep breath, closed his eyes, and slowly exhaled. Well, now to see what Mister Jace's concerns are this time. He rose up from his chair and searched among the stations for a small statured bith. His blue eyes finally settled on the ship's first mate leaning up against a console by the navigator.

"Mister Tharn, you have the bridge. I'll be in Mister Jace's cabin. Call me if you need me."

Tharn nodded in acknowledgement, and Gir promptly exited the bridge.

Objective: Trayus Academy
Secondary Objective: Fashionista
Allies: [member="Claire Ouron"] [member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Undin Jaii Kryze"]
Enemies: Darth Traya ([member="Celiana"]), Darth Nihilus ([member="Ar'ekk"]) Darth Sion ([member="rasu Gan"])

He could feel his master and the others when he was at one of the sections looking over the academy before he slipped in through one of the higher up windows. Malachor was very different compared to how it might have been in older times but it was still a place of evil and darkness that he was moving to go into and meet. Sticking with it when he could hear sounds and people around the area. He was focused, listening, straining to get his senses to reach out and find Rasu who he knew as he gripped the saber on his belt. Staying with it as a small look was on his face in preparation for their work going after to handle the darkside spirits here in the academy. He could do that while wearing the nice sleek new robes that pulsed and vibrated practically with the lightside of the force.

Enemies: N/A

Kurayami grabbed his helmet from the floor next to him, replacing it and powering the systems back up. After the sudden appearance of those darkside presences he was understandably more on edge than he had been before, but he took a few moments to focus himself and took some deep breaths to help center himself before he proceeded. Once he managed to do so, he opened the door that he had previously been leaning up against. He had to admit that he felt quite a bit better after taking the time to rest as he had. Now just to finish up here and move on.

The room he entered into was small than the previous corridor in length though as a whole it seemed to be at least as wide. He turned to the left and began to walk the perimeter of the room. Again, the feeling of a long deceased Sith permeated the air here. But not one even close in power to the presences that still lie ahead. Sa much death in a single building, it was truly awe inspiring. A smirk played over his lips beneath the helmet as he felt the rush of the lives ended here. It was a feeling he was not unfamiliar with, he had more than a few kills to his name so it was something he accepted as part of his nature. He would not let the feelings overcome him though. He was as comfortable here as he was in a Jedi academy. To him duality was a simple way to make the unimaginable able to be comprehended by the masses. Light and Dark were indeed real, but the duality was not in the Force itself. It was in every being who wielded it, the only difference was the intent behind the action. Was it a selfish action or one to help? Was it necessary or were there other paths available? Was it born of vengeance or a desire to protect? These were the things that made the difference in his mind. The Force itself was but the energy that allowed Jedi and Sith to do what they did and to impact history as they had.

As these thoughts rattled around in his mind he continued walking the perimeter of the room at his slow pace, a couple small indents had shown in the wall at certain points, but nothing of interest was to be found in either of them. It was not until he reached the easternmost wall that he found the door that would lead to the next room. He finished his walk of the perimeter before heading to the center and allowing the mapp to complete. Afterwards without hesitation he opened the door he had found earlier. Another small, square room only one possible way out other than the entrance he had used. Thus he made his way out and into yet another small room. At least this one had two doors other than the entrance. One in the center wall to his left, and another straight ahead. He took the door on his left first.

This lead into a long narrow room, at least the entrance was rather narrow. About a third of the length of the room it began to widen, at about half the length of the room it reached its maximum width. One that had the look of a place to practice lightsaber combat. A sparring area here would be an odd choice but it was a Sith temple. He never did understand architecture though, or the way the Sith thought, moreso the latter was mysterious to him. Architecture at least had reasoning behind it other than 'Seemd like a good idea at the time.' He saw nothing that either confirmed or denied the idea of it being a sparring room. After mapping he found no doors other than the one he came in through, and again no artifacts or other points of interest. Once he reached the far end, He turned around and made his way out.

He turned to face the door that had been straight ahead of him when he had first ended up in this small room and headed through it. And yet another small room. What was the deal with these tiny chambers? Was it meant to build tension or boredom in those who walked the halls? For Kurayami it only provoked the latter and a mild sense of annoyance. This was supposed to be the premiere Sith academy at the time of Revan. I made little sense to him that such a structure would have so many tiny rooms. Either way that didn't change what it had been at one time. He could still feel the darkside trying to find any pathway it could through his defenses. It wanted to wear him down, to make him submit fully. This only brought him more determination to resist its seductive call, as hard as that was proving right now.

Thankfully the next room was circular in fasion, or roughly so at least. Though again only a single door leading out, and only slightly larger than the last room. A few minutes worth of scanning and he was headed to the next area. When the door slid back it revealed a long and narrow corridor. This was going to take awhile to map, so might as well get to it. Thanfully he only had to walk down the center to map both sides, which would be made even easier if the door was simply at the far end. Time to find out.

Orbital Defense Command Center, Ziost
Post 1/??

The ODCC had been the most secure facility in the galaxy during the Cold War. The headquarters for government on Ziost, an intelligence outpost and even the primary location of their Ministry of Logistics. So it followed that it was locked tighter than a miser's purse. Dune Rhur stood before a massive gate with his hood pulled up against the blustery snow.

To an observer from afar, the black cloaked figure might have cut a comical image. He and his astromech droid looked absurdly small against the outer walls. That didn't occur just then to him. He was focused on getting inside and out of the cold.

"I have no idea why anyone would want to live here, R9," the Bith remarked to his astromech droid. His voice was absent as he pried open a small panel. The automaton chirped a reply and Dune nodded. "Yes, a Whiphid might enjoy this."

Nimble fingers made a quick job of rearranging wires. "Still intact. Well, the cold would certainly help that."

When he inserted the final plug, he heard a loud click. The doors groaned as if a giant being awoken. Slowly they parted and he made another observation. "That was much easier than expected," he said with pleasant surprise "Their industrial lubricants are excellent. Maybe I can find the formula, it's better than what we use."

R9-B2 was still chirping a reply as they walked through the open gates. Then a feeling of danger filled his mind and he leapt a full ten meters to the side. A second later, a huge plasma bolt had struck where he'd been standing. Unfortunately, his astromech hadn't had Jedi precognition and there was only smoking scrap.

The Bith didn't have time to regret the loss of a good droid. The ancient automated defenses were still locked-on and firing regularly....

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
TO: [member="Lady Shambleau"]
RE: Pitch

Shambleau-

Thanks for the reports and your notes. I admit that I haven't decided yet whether to increase the pitch into capital ranges. I have zero doubt of our ability to convince the OSJ that we can provide subcapital solutions at a higher relative quality than they're used to. That said, our capital-scale portfolio isn't exactly convincing, not for combat vessels. The Colo is a specialty product, the Indispensable is an industrial ship, and the K-type is a luxury yacht that can carry a handful of starfighters. I can talk about price points and efficiency and all the analysts' work until I'm blue in the face, but I seriously doubt it'll get much traction. By all accounts, your average OSJ contract rep is a field operative or a Jedi administrator, not a politician or bureaucrat. Far as I'm concerned, it's a side-effect of their semi-feudal structure. To someone like that, I suspect it all comes down to whether we have a history of building ships of the line, and viewed at that level, we simply don't. Could we? Are we? Certainly. So yes, I think I could make a decent pitch, but I don't like the risk. I think swinging for the fences on this one would damage the overall pitch, the relative surety of the subcapital pitch.

That's my thought. Let me know if you concur, and if/when OSJ reps reach out to reply. My sources on Chandaar and in the Stygian Caldera inform me that the OSJ pacification of the Caldera is reaching advanced stages with little serious, concerted opposition. The sooner the OSJ secures the Caldera, the sooner they can look to the future, and that's our moment.

ODCC, Ziost
2/??

The Bith was now zigzagging across the open courtyard towards the pair of auto-cannons. He needed to shut them down before he was vaporized like the poor droid. There were already several smoking holes in his wake. His cloak streamed behind him like a banner as he moved with unnatural speed.

He judged himself close enough and leapt over yet another bolt. The Bith landed in a crouch atop the emplacement to the right. The left most cannon couldn't help but follow it's primary programming. It had no way of knowing the intruder had landed on the other gun intentionally.

It turned to face the other gun with it's servo motors grinding audibly. Dune's lips quirked into a smile as he executed a front flip across the distance. Behind him, the other gun went up in a ball of fire as it's twin unthinkingly destroyed it. He drew his lightsaber smoothly with a ice pick grip and the azure blade hummed to life.

Dune drove the beam into the armor plating and began to cut in a rough circle. The alloy glowed where his lightsaber contacted it like a plasma torch. Sparks flew and eventually he hit a vital component. The Bith stood and deactivated his weapon. With the automated gun sparking he calmly jumped clear.

He landed lightly on his feet, back to the explosion and hooked his lightsaber. No need to admire his handiwork, he had a job to do here. The craniopod was more careful as he walked past a guard post. I should've thought of those guns still being active.

The loss of the R9 unit was most unfortunate. He sighed ruefully as he knew his oversight was to blame. The Bith had even landed his starfighter well outside the radius of any possible surface-to-air defenses. Why didn't I think of ground defenses?

When he encountered other gun emplacements he was far more proactive. A well-placed saber throw did for the other guns, though only one seemed active. Past the security checkpoints, he now was within the Center proper. No automated defenses here because the walkways were probably patrolled by soldiers and war droids.

The thinking probably went that if you could get past the outer ring, you were probably legitimate. Either that or you were an excellent fake. That was where the humans came into play. They probably had scanning devices and the other accoutrements of the paranoid Sith Empire.

He encountered no one else, of course. Except there was always the ever present feeling of being watched. Perhaps it had to do with the security cameras in every conceivable place. Every single approach was covered, Dune noted, wondering just how many were still active even now.

As the trio climbs in broomsticks, perceived by the locals as equally many space witches, they reach the bridge entrance hatch much, much faster than they ever would if they stick to using ascension cables. Jessica was a little green with a broomstick but she demonstrated in the maiden flight that she could fly one. But while Dathomirian horror holoflicks often give one an impression that broomsticks is the realm of Force-users (in these movies one has the impression that Force-users are the only ones capable of flying broomstick, hence the impression that many have that broomsticks are tools of FUs), the fact that they are lighter and slower than swoops would suggest that NFUs would be able to fly a broomstick just fine. Once they reach the top of the Saak'ak's bridge, Marcia blasts the door open from her broomstick using a blaster, much like the air combat scenes of The Abyssal Zone (which is inspired by Dulvoyinn) in which the witch clans engaged in absolutely massive dogfights where wizards could fire spells or non-magic weapons at other wizards (air-superiority) or at anti-airrcraft ground-based emplacements (fighter-bomber) and we're talking air combat requiring more pilots than staffing an entire supercarrier's worth of fighters.

"Now that's what I call broomstick flying!"

"Thank you for having had the idea of bringing back the broomsticks, Jessica! You might be a little absent-minded sometimes but I can forgive you this time"

"Here's your astromech, Jessica!" Charzon shouted while Jessica's R9 unit flew using its side thrusters.

"Now, R9, look for the transponders on the bridge!"

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Objective: Gain abandoned knowledge
Allies: [member="Celiana"], [member="Rasu Gan"]
Enemies: N/A

The dark side of the Force took over the Padawan's body. Darkness flourished in every single part of his existence, as if it were controlling his mind and body. His helpless attempts of regaining control made him feel more anxious but as this darkness was stronger, it was easier for him just to give into temptation.

He no longer had eyes as he became Darth Nihilus, the Lord of Hunger. He is now a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies… sacrificing itself to his hunger. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others—his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him.

He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls. The extent of his power cannot be put into words… and his perceptions have grown as well. He cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings… or the Jedi. And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well.

The air becomes cold. The Sith Lords look about in fear. Their hearts racing; the oxygen becoming less and less by the second, as if a being of immense power approaches from the shadows. It appears from the abyss surronding the chamber. Its mask becomes visible from the darkness as it strides into the room with long, purposeful strides.

Silence falls upon the room as all Sith Lords stare in trembling horror, and wonder. Its presence weighs down heavily on the Sith Lords.

Its power emanates in physical form to the point that it sends ripples through the air surronding it. No Sith Lord moves a muscle, takes a breath, or thinks a thought for what could be an eternity.

The room echoes as Darth Nihilus talks. A prolonged silence takes over. Chills can be felt in everyone's spines as the Lord of Hunger speaks.

"J'us valia visa mrias veek ja'um tave ari iv alkis ir nu zinot tapti' kia selien sulig j'us mirtis kash fe've."

Objective: Destroy Jedi Invaders
Allies: Darth Traya ([member="Celiana"]), Darth Sion ([member="Rasu Gan"])
Enemies: [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Claire Ouron"] [member="Undin Jaii Kryze"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

He turned towards the group of Jedi who decided to investigate this temple. Ar'ekk wasn't a human being anymore but rather a dark force.

Chilling words could be heard coming from the Lord of Hunger himself disguised in the Padawan's body as his lightsaber ignited. The language he spoke was of Ancient Sith.

The entire Temple shook as he commanded the other Sith Lords to kill them all with no hesitation.

"Zudyti savimi visa."

"I am used to unorthodox," JJ said with a smirk. "If you have ever met my father you would know what a unorthodox Jedi is like. The man was part of an order when relationships were forbidden. He married my mother in secret and yet still managed to follow the light. I'm not him and never will be, but I do know about unorthodox."

Knowing the Jedi in the wheel chair was unorthodox was a bit of a relief in a way. It made her that much more familiar to Judah in an otherwise unfamiliar time. He smiled, likely the first time since their conversation. He'd always been told he had a pretty smile, but that made him keep his expressions more reserved to begin with. He was a guardian after all and needed to have a pretty mean war face. Okay so maybe he didn't really think that, but it was fun to think he could be serious when he needed to be. Judah missed his care free days on Corellia. They were gone never to return. The galaxy had moved on around him, and it was time for him to do so as well.

"It's Judah," he offered, "and if we are friends, they call me JJ. I'm a junior."

Another smile pulled at his lips. It had been a while since he made an actual friend. He had been very guarded since the last of anyone he had ever cared about left him. Those he cared about were always leaving him, and as a result he was a bit more wise, reserved, and guarded. There was an old saying his father had always taught him. "Above all else guard your heart for from it flows the wellspring of life." Judah had learned what his father meant by that the hard way. What had come easy, or seemingly easy, for his father had not been so for Judah. The boy, the young man, had come to the conclusion his life truly did belong to the Jedi first.

"I volunteered for something, but I can't really remember. I never had any intention of following through. As you saw I was looking for a fight. Most of the work is more that of the Shadows I think. As a guardian expelling the darkness in a place is beyond my training. I can build though. I am good with my hands and enjoy working with them. If there is anything that needs repair or building I suppose we could do that. Your arms seem to work well, yes?"

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

Planet: Krayiss Two
Objective: Explore Caldera
Secondary Objective: Fashionista

They were moving through it all, the darkside was strong in the ruins of the temple and as she held her saber ready for anything there was the work going into it all. Her saber helped repel the darkness that was around them but it was like going through a thick soup. Orihime could feel it wanting to cling to the new robes but the solari weave within them kept it away and at bay. They were going towards the strongest source of the darkside within the ruins to see if they could bring forth and cpature the darkside spirits to start making this place a little safer and more helpful for their own ends. She wanted to develop a small group with the reputation for catching the spirits they might have to deal with and that would in turn be able to be used throughout the galaxy by the Silver Jedi.

Orihime continued to work with them when they got down into the lower sections of the ruins and her saber activated so she could cut and push away the debris of the ruins. Where things were burnt and gone until she was looking over more of it feeling the stone work so she could search out and find the darkside of the force. Once the doors came into view she was prepared to fight but there wasn't things there she would be abel to fight with normally but she could see the whisps of force energies all around them. Orihime moved out into the center fo the room as the others joined her and they were ready with the force energies glowing in their hands before she prepared to go against some of the darker spirits here with the soul snare crystal they had here to gather their things.

Objective: Exploration/None
In Proximity: [member="Judah Lesan Jr."]

The only initial response that Judah was going to receive to that inquiry was a raised eyebrow. Honestly, Teynara couldn't quite believe that he'd just asked that! Though I suppose it's a reasonable question - he couldn't know that I'm only a paraplegic. Medical technologies had gotten to the point where a person afflicted with full limb paralysis might be able to move around and function to a more effective degree than lying in a bed all day, so it was possible that there was more to her injuries, as far as he was concerned. I suppose, in that respect, I should consider myself fortunate.

It still felt odd, though: nobody had ever bothered to ask the extent of her injuries. Those who needed to know already did, and as for the rest, they'd all been too polite to inquire. It was a little amusing that the audacity of a Padawan might prompt that first little occurrence, but truth be told, as surprised as Teynara was, she didn't feel overly insulted by it. You can't look on a disability as all that you are, she reflected. It's just another known quantity, like hair and eye colour. She wasn't going to get worked up by either one.

"My arms work just fine, and I have the Force for everything else," the blonde woman observed with a faintly-amused smile. "My name is Teynara, by the way. Most people call me 'Tey', unless they're being formal, in which case, I tell them to shush," she added, having always hated the formalities that came with being a Jedi, and which most knew better than to use in respects to her. "It's nice to meet you, Judah."

That he'd referred to the words 'Guardian' and 'Sentinel' suggested a lot about how he approached his training, she had to note. In the days of the Old Republic, Jedi had tended to pick a speciality that spoke of their skills, their focuses and their preferences when it came to field work. The Guardians were the warriors of the Order: bodyguards, tacticians, even soldiers, when it came to times of war. They were somewhat in resurgence now, with the Sith all over the place. The Sentinels were the versatile field-ready operatives, trained in esoteric Force techniques as well as brutally efficient lightsaber combat, and capable of acting in several different capacities. That he sees himself as one suggests that he's fairly versatile, and perhaps more independent than most.

Teynara had never thought to pick something along those lines, but she wasn't really sure where she'd fit: fighting was no longer really an option, so she'd have made a poor Guardian. The Consulars, those who focused on learning and application of the Force in far greater depth than their brethren...well, her Force Sensitivity probably wouldn't have been sufficient to join their ranks. And the path of the Sentinel was likely one closed to her, too. Guess it's a good thing I chose to be a Healer. About all I'm good for, these days, she thought wryly.

"Banishing the energies of the Dark isn't a job assigned to any specific kind of Jedi, you know," she observed, reflecting on the latter part of his comments about where he might be useful. "There are techniques used to push back the darkness on a wider scale, but only a small percentage of our strongest Masters might manage that." She shook her head, knowing that the Order probably only had 3 or 4 specialists capable of that one. "Much of that work relies on conquering the darkness within yourself, in your heart and mind, and using your connection to the Force to project your own inner light outwards. For what is the Dark Side but a reflection of the darkness within? Banish that, and you'll be capable of much more than you credit yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom