Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Dinn Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpL2Miq.png
Q6sOLO5.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To document the existence of three child NPCs for future RP.
  • Image Credit: Maria Hideki (edited by me)
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
FAMILY INFORMATION
  • Family Name: The Dinn Children
  • Family Type: Nuclear
  • Place of Origin: Thornwood Hall | Zaathru
  • Family Size: 3
  • Loyalties: Rhiannon Dinn | Arcturus Dinn
  • Description: These are the biological children of Rhiannon and Arcturus Dinn, two Sith alchemists. While the two eldest, Marcus and Eloise, have spent most of their childhood in the care of their maternal grandparents and their anti-Force User religion, they have recently been reclaimed by Arc and Rhi and now find themselves thrust into a very different world. Meanwhile the latest addition to the family, young Star, has never known anything but his parents' Sith lifestyle.
FAMILY MEMBER 1
  • Name: Eloise "Louise" Dinn
  • Species: Human (Half Lorrdian, Half Chaldean) with distant Umbaran ancestry
  • Role: Elder twin of Marcus, daughter of Rhiannon and Arcturus
  • Languages: Galactic Basic, Sign Language, Lorrdian Kinetic Communication
  • Skills:
    • Lightsaber Combat: Eloise has excelled at lightsaber combat, particularly the Makashi form. She fights like a fencer.
    • Knife Throwing: Eloise's current preferred weapon. She was taught this skill by her father, and is quite proficient at it.
    • Sith Alchemy: Both of her parents are alchemists, so naturally they have taught her some of what they know. Eloise is merely an initiate in this field.
  • Notable Possessions: Throwing knives
  • Holdings: N/A; she is not yet of age and is reliant on her parents to provide for her.
  • Appearance: Eloise is a redhead with green eyes and an abundance of freckles. She typically wears her hair in braids. Her childhood spent on Chaldea within range of the Nezamiyeh Force Nexus has made her grow exceptionally tall (5"10'), as well as improving her overall health.
  • Description: Eloise has a lot of energy and likes nothing better than to run around outdoors. She is feisty and likely to be defiant of authority, especially if she thinks she's being made to do something "stupid" by an adult. A natural leader, she is bossy toward her brother and other children, and she suffers no bullies. But her abrasive attitude hasn't earned her many friends and she struggles to fit in. Despite her tough exterior, she is actually quite sensitive. She is usually found carrying at least a couple knives on her in addition to other weapons.
FAMILY MEMBER 2
  • Name: Marcus Dinn
  • Role: Younger twin of Eloise, eldest son of Rhiannon and Arcturus
  • Languages: Galactic Basic, Sign Language, Lorrdian Kinetic Communication
  • Skills:
    • Visions: Marcus' precognition is heightened compared to the average Force User. He can also experience visions of the future, and of events happening across the galaxy, though he cannot control what he sees.
    • Beast Control: Marcus finds it easy to earn the trust of animals, and thus can form bonds with them on a supernatural level.
    • Sith Alchemy: Both of his parents are alchemists, so naturally they have taught him some of what they know. Marcus is merely an initiate in this field.
  • Notable Possessions: Nostremous
  • Holdings: N/A; he is not yet of age and is reliant on his parents to provide for him.
  • Appearance: Red-haired and green-eyed, Marcus features are a blend of both his parents. He has a dimple in his left cheek, visible when he smiles. His childhood spent on Chaldea within range of the Nezamiyeh Force Nexus has made him grow exceptionally tall (6"4'), as well as improving his overall health.
  • Description: Marcus is much more quiet and reserved than his twin sister. An incident during his early childhood left him with a prodigious knowledge of the universe; his connection to the Force is heightened, and he experiences visions. Drawing or painting what he sees is cathartic for him. His hair is perpetually mussed and he is often covered in some kind of mess, be it paint or food. He has a fondness for animals which began with his father giving him a pet mouse, and keeps as many pets as his mother will allow. Rhiannon tends to view him as the "easy" child, since he doesn't make much fuss even when things don't go his way. He often plays the mediator in disputes with his siblings or other children. On the other hand, he's a bit of a coward and won't stand up for himself. Though he has a natural bond with his twin sister, Marcus is also very fond of his little brother Star.
FAMILY MEMBER 3
  • Name: Starlin "Star" Dinn
  • Role: Second son of Rhiannon and Arcturus
  • Languages: Galactic Basic, Sign Language, Lorrdian Kinetic Communication, Binary
  • Skills: As mentioned below, he is interested in technology, but he has not progressed to the level where this hobby could be considered a useful skill.
  • Notable Possessions: N/A
  • Holdings: N/A; he is not yet of age and is reliant on his parents to provide for him.
  • Appearance: Red-haired and green-eyed like the rest of his siblings, Star bears a very strong resemblance to his father - enough to call him a Mini Arc.
  • Description: Star is a rowdy, energetic little boy. Happiest when playing games, he loves sports and enjoys pulling pranks. He's a tough kid and frequently injuries himself; expect to see him covered in band-aids, bandages, or even a cast for when he inevitably breaks a bone. He also harbors an interest in technology, taking machines apart with the Force to see how they work. Star shares many of his interests with his father, including a natural affinity for the Netherworld. He looks up to his big brother Marcus.

GENERAL FAMILY INFORMATION
The Dinn children are the offspring of two Sith, Rhiannon and Arcturus Dinn. Marcus and Eloise, the eldest twins, were born shortly after their mother fled Korriban during the attempted annihilation of the planet by the Ashlan Crusade. Their father was absent for the first four years of their lives, having become trapped in the Netherworld. Upon his return to the galaxy, Arcturus was reluctant to be a father to them and remained distant, believing he was protecting them.

When Rhiannon was killed during the attempted annihilation of Tython by the Brotherhood of the Maw, her children were placed in the care of their grandparents, Senator Toloth Threepwood of Chaldea and his wife Charisse. They spent the next three years living on Chaldea near the Nezamiyeh Force Nexus, experiencing its effects. Then their parents arrived one night to take them away, claiming that they were ready to try again.

Toloth wasn't so easily convinced. Pointing a shotgun at Arcturus, he insisted that the two of them get married that very night as proof that their intentions were true. The family dressed in their best clothes and traveled to an all-night chapel, where the couple were married in a simple, quick ceremony. Marcus and Eloise were then handed over to their parents, who took them and left Chaldea behind for Zaathru. There the couple were overjoyed to discover that Rhiannon was pregnant, despite her fears that the condition of her body post-resurrection would prevent her from having more children. She gave birth to a son, Starlin, named after Arcturus' old friend Starlin Rand.

Last edited:
Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

I understand that this was approved before but this submission is a little confusing. These are infant/young child NPC's listed as crew members?

The intent states:
  • Intent: To document the existence of two child NPCs for future RP.
But this doesn't seem to be the right template. You could use a Lore template to document a family but this is a little misleading. Especially, because some of template fields have been altered from "crew member" to "child".

Per the Codex Rules - We don't alter fields.

I'll leave it here for you to look over, however, I would suggest moving it to a more correct template. They're part of a family that lives/works/spends time on a ship but it's a huge stretch to call them "crew" in a traditional sense.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

I didn't realize I had changed the form at some point, whoops. Reverted it back to the template.

Anyway, the description for the Crew template reads: "This template should be used to briefly define and codify small crews with a more personal bent- smaller and more individually focused than the Organization template, but for when full individual NPC subs are overkill. This can be used to flesh out a small ship's crew, a local swoop gang, a General's support staff, a gaggle of younglings, the individuals in a small combat unit, and things of that nature. This is for a small group of people that live, work, play or even die together, and as such have some sort of bond with each other." This indicates that the template can be used for more than a ship's crew specifically, it is for any small group of NPCs. The reason why I am using it is so that I don't have to make two separate Individual NPC subs for each child.

I listed a ship as their Base of Operations because that is where they spend most of their time, not because they are the crew of said ship. I would prefer not to use a Lore template, since I assume I would have to use the Organizations one, and that form is much better suited to a company or similar large group.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

I didn't realize I had changed the form at some point, whoops. Reverted it back to the template.

Anyway, the description for the Crew template reads: "This template should be used to briefly define and codify small crews with a more personal bent- smaller and more individually focused than the Organization template, but for when full individual NPC subs are overkill. This can be used to flesh out a small ship's crew, a local swoop gang, a General's support staff, a gaggle of younglings, the individuals in a small combat unit, and things of that nature. This is for a small group of people that live, work, play or even die together, and as such have some sort of bond with each other." This indicates that the template can be used for more than a ship's crew specifically, it is for any small group of NPCs. The reason why I am using it is so that I don't have to make two separate Individual NPC subs for each child.

I listed a ship as their Base of Operations because that is where they spend most of their time, not because they are the crew of said ship. I would prefer not to use a Lore template, since I assume I would have to use the Organizations one, and that form is much better suited to a company or similar large group.

This is fine if that's your intent - But the way it read seemed a little off for the template chosen so I wanted to double check with you before moving it.

It saves both you and the CJ's time if I clarify first :) - I'll move it over.

John Locke John Locke Srina Talon Srina Talon This sub is ready for judgment.

Change Log:
  • Title of sub changed from "The Dinn Twins" to "The Dinn Children".
  • New images.
  • Edited Base of Operations.
  • Swapped all references to "Ishani Sibwarra" to "Rhiannon Dinn".
  • Added a new addition to the Crew List.
  • Edited each Crew Member, including updating ages, adding more to the Description sections, and changing Marcus' eye color from blue to green.
  • Historical Information section was completely rewritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom