Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish The Sacking of Vur Tepe | The Death Watch vs The New Jedi Order & Friends

https3A2F2Fdorksideoftheforce.png
// MANDO'AD DURREN // CLAN DURREN // RAMIKAD //
// POSITION // TYTHON // VUR TEPE // NORTH WALL //
// OBJECTIVE // RAM'IKA // ACQUIRE BESKAR FROM THE FORGE // SIDESTEP //
// FOCUS // OPEN //
// EQUIPMENT // BESKAR'GAM // BLASTER CARBINE // SLUGTHROWER PISTOL // JETPACK // EXPLOSIVES // MISCELLANEOUS EQUIPMENT
// COMPANY // ISHON DURREN, MANDALORIAN COMMANDO //

Vyca wasn't as bloodthirsty as her fellows. Not that she'd shrink from a fight -- she was a Mandalorian, and she'd do her people a great injustice by being unwilling to bear arms against their enemies, or for her people. No, it was simply that she'd spent much of the trip to Tython hoping that no Jedi or other sorcerers came swarming out of the Forge. The mando'ade on her dropship were eager to meet the saber-swingers. Mandokarla, they said. The right stuff. That was what made a Mandalorian. Her cousin was especially excited. Vonak had been difficult, but he'd never faced a Jedi before.

The Resol'nare spoke only of self defense. Was crusading the right way? She readied herself nonetheless.

When the dropship landed Vyca was first out. There was a kind of beauty to the planet, to the Forge; she broke off a few steps after going down the ramp, pulling Ishon with her.

"Vyca, the entrance-"

"Is crowded. You want to fight a Jedi, right?"

"They're right there, we can-"

"It's not like you'll be fighting one alone. Our goal is to get beskar, you'll probably need more of that if you want to face a Jedi."

"Who knows when we'll get to fight Jedi again?"

"If we see one, you can fight them, but our job is to get the beskar."

Ishon sighed. "Alright, alor."

"I'm not- I told you to stop calling me that," she growled.

The two of them activated their jetpacks and flew towards the side of Vur Tepe, away from the main force of crusaders striking at the gates. With the aging state of the forge there were cracks in the defenses. Once more she hoped that Ishon did not get his wish.

OBJECTIVE: Assault the Temple.
ALLIES: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla , Kad Munin Kad Munin Dezorath Dezorath Milla Kryst Milla Kryst Vyca Durren Vyca Durren
ENEMIES: Khefiir Riyo Milne Rhook Mandragoran Rhook Mandragoran Aelys Vexander Graves Vexander Graves Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

To say that the Crusaders had a healthy burst of the surprise aspect upon their side, was clearly evident. With Dez pretty much leading the charge in armor fit for a bear, and the firepower laid down to oppress the Jedi back into the temple, was impressive. Turning what could have been a near deathly fight in hand to hand combat, into a pushing force from long range that could make even the most hardened of individuals clearly see, that the Mandalorians, had gathered in strength today.

I almost smiled with glee as Dezorath made his way forward. While the shield had been up, and he opted to make a forward at in bringing down the wall. While I would have simply watched in amazement as to this man and his actions, I instead looked upward at the Temple. The jedi were gathering to attempt to make a defensive action. While Milla had voiced how weird it was that she was lightly armored compared to others, I let it fall to the wayside. What matters, is that she was here, she was learning in a trial by fire. It was here, that this raid would make or break her.

"Don't focus on yourself. Keep your eye open."

It was at that moment, I could see the upper levels. Padawans and Knights attempting to come over the top, and rain down their gifts of the force upon us. While the other Mandalorians were charging into the fray, pushing well into the halls of the sacred synagogue of the Jedi, I stayed back with Milla. Rearing up my rifle, using the Scope to quickly fire rounds at the Jedi who were attempting to act like days of yor, dropping oil down on attackers of a castle.

"Top of the Temple!"

I had to go against my one rule for hunting. A necessary evil. Firing the Disruptor sniper rifle in rapid shots. Aiming instead of for the head, for center mass of the Jedi. Taking five shots in rapid succession to hit a Jedi Knight with longer hair, two padawans with their braids flailing as they fell, one shot hit another Padawan Twi'lek in the arm. The Disruptor bolt severing it completely as she fell forward. Crashing down to the ground and bounced. The final shot hit near the neck of a Jedi Knight. A massive hole with his head dropping into his chest before slumping over onto the ground.

"Milla, Keep me covered!"

Ducking down behind a rock, I rummaged on my form. Grabbing a hand held Time Bomb. A type of seismic charge that could at worst, do some serious sonic damage. At best, absolutely destroy emplacements due to the implosion and explosion feature of Baradium and Collaspium. Taking stock of the distance, just a little over 50 meters. Up at an angle. It took a second to think, but I made out how I could make this work. Taking the liquid cable launcher, and ripped it out of the vambrace. Wrapping it around and setting it squarely on my bracer with the cord. Setting it nicely in front of the Repulsor Burst projector.

Aiming my wrist up, I loaded it up as though I were going to fire the cable launcher that distance, but instead, fired the projector. Sending this charge with almost a "boophf" sound the distance.

"INCOMING!"

As soon as the charge hit the side of the wall, all sound seemed to become non-existent. Watching as bodies, rubble, armor, sabers, all yanked into the implosion of silence, before the resounding boom that threw all of it, back out in an omnidirectional pattern. While there were Jedi attempting to back up, some trying to rescue dying or injured allies, I would make it as difficult as I can for them to do so. Taking up my rifle once more, seeing any survivors of the seismic charge, taking aim, and firing again.

Interacting with: Allyson Locke Allyson Locke
So, she took a left, then a right then another left. Surely she was getting closer to where these blasts and explosions were coming from. Kat was holding her Lightsaber up high to provide light for her. How did she get lost in this damn temple? Feth! Feth, feth fething feth! She should have trusted her connection to the Force over the directional sounds to guide her, at least she was sure some obnoxious Jedi Master would tell her that. Kat could hear the blasts and feel the temple shake, it wasn't a good sign, this was an old temple and things could crumble at the slightest of touches. Sighing, Kat dropped the saber to her side and growls deeply. "Damn it! Why do people build temples to be so damn confusing!?" Stomping her foot in frustration, she couldn't help but feel her emotions rise, she knew people were in danger and there was nothing she could do unless she found her way back to wherever this fight was breaking out.​

No. "No, I can't let myself fall to fear and fear of failure specifically. I can do this, I can reach the others, I just need a moment to breath and collect my thoughts." Kat mumbled to herself as she shook herself free of the negativity that was creeping to overwhelm her. This wasn't the time for self pity, or worry, she needed to focus. Breathing in deeply, exhaling slowly, Kat felt her body relax somewhat and find herself back to a healthy level of alert and not the anxiety and fear height of before. Lifting her Lightsaber back up, Kat reached out with the Force and felt the direction that she needed to take. It was ahead, she needed to backtrack, because of course she needed to backtrack. Shaking her head with a smirk etched on her lips, she took a step forward and headed in the direction that the Force guided her towards. As she took her step forward, she could feel the stone shift it wasn't steady and before Kat could react another explosion rocked the ground and the floor vanish beneath Kat, sending down into the dark depths.​

As she fell, Kat sensed that the floor was rushing towards her and pushed down to slow her descent. Landing in inky darkness, reigniting her Lightsaber, Kat looked around. Seemed that she reached a lower section of the temple, which just meant that she was further away from the others than she started. Looking up, it was too high for her to jump back up, Kat needed to find her way back up. Walking forward, Kat sighed, she moved with some pace but was being careful to avoid getting even further down. As Kat walked, she heard another person's footsteps, she followed, fearing that someone was possibly attempting to infiltrate while there is a diversion. Kat moved towards the footsteps and stared incredulous at the person.​

"Allyson! What in heck are you doing here?!"​

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
ALLIES: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla , Kad Munin Kad Munin Dezorath Dezorath Tarre Priest Tarre Priest Vyca Durren Vyca Durren

Milla kept her focus, using the lessons Tarre taught her, although probably with a bit of her own interpretation. She knelt down as it seemed Tarre found a spot to fire and she huddled close to him, making sure she had her weapon stabilized as she continued to pull the trigger. Only short bursts as necessary, aiming down the sights. "Cyar'ika gedet'ye! I could be naked right now and I'd never know. Just stating the facts of the situation!" she yelled, before looking towards the top of the temple when Tarre pointed it out. Staying close to Tarre, she put a hand on his shoulder as she aimed her weapon, "Gev! You're the better shot here! I'll suppress for you, you get the kill shots!" Joining Tarre behind his rock, she stayed to its side, trying to expose herself just a little to get any attention off of Tarre as she leaned against it. She used the rock to stabilize her DC-15A, and used the beautiful ability of it to just hold down the trigger. While it wasn't properly mounted and attached to a power supply, it was still a sight to see. Even as it was horribly inaccurate, Milla continued to suppress the Jedi with the iconic weapon of the Second Jedi Purge. It seemed like Milla was unaffected by their deaths, especially any she would kill.

With her first kill being the real Scar Berenk, a dar'manda hated by the Mandalorians and justices of the galaxy equally, death was just another part of life. The only life she really cared about right now was her allies, and especially Tarre, and that's why she risked her own in this engagement so she could raise Tarre up and put him in the spotlight. Surely he didn't need her help, but right now he was her teacher, and his safety was important to her. If she could help him make those killshots? You bet she was going to do her best. After Tarre's bomb went off, she calmed down her weapons fire, ducking behind the rock as debris fell. But once it was clear, she peered right back out again, but this time at ground level. Any enemies weapons fire was met with backlash from Milla, and with a focused shot, she even took down a jedi herself. She didn't know if it was a padawan or a knight, but it didn't matter. The Jedi are not the trophy in this mission, it was their pride.

Mishel Kryze

M
I N_D A_U N D E R G R O U N D
IT'S-TRICKY
Crystals were probably the only reason why Mishel went anywhere these days. There she was on Tython as Chaos blew through it like souls out of the Nether on a good day. Still, it wasn't unusual for Mishel to go out of her way for these beautiful items. The artificer had run into an inspirational stump, block if you will. She needed to get past it so there she was walking toward a temple, well one of the temples that most likely had been blown to the aforementioned nether and been brought back.
She had with her this sandwich, she was eating - because sandwiches are awesome. Mishel and her sandwich, her artificer gear on her person as she walked toward whatever temple it is she was headed to. Not to worry, it's not important because poor Mishel was about to lose her sandwich in the most depressing way possible. Beskar and Burlap brigades waved their sticks at each other, screamed obscenities that meant nothing because at the end of the day they'd probably go into each other's bunks and make more beskar and burlap brigades.
As Mishel walked through Tython and nommed on her sandwich, there was a hole - many holes. Not the kind that anyone would like unless you enjoy holes in the dirt. At some point, Mishel just fell right through one, and as she fell down she lost her sandwich. Her sandwich fell into the dirt and there was no five-second rule long enough to save it with how covered in dirt it was. Instead, Mishel looked up and then around to find Allyson Locke Allyson Locke right before her, as more dirt poured down from the aforementioned hole.

Aelys

A
Engaging: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla

Temple

The closer he got to the Temple, the more clear that it was indeed Mandalorians.

Ahead of him, blaster bolts lanced towards the Temple, pockmarking the aged stones harmlessly, while other Jedi held the entrance, batting the lethal bolts back towards the armoured warriors that they had been birthed from. The sound of the blasters were loud. The only conclusion he could come to was that they were heavy duty weapons. To fight against their own ilk. Jedi and Sith Killersl, that's what these warriors would fashion themselves as. Aelys didn't need to reach far back to remember the numerous times the Sith had made the Mandalorians prostrate themselves in recent history alone.

Great warriors they were no longer.

Why are they here? Aelys thought. Not that long ago, he could recall that there had been on attack on Alliance grounds. Ord Antalaha, or something. They held an entire Spaceport hostage, and the Alliance had done nothing about it. At least, as far as he knew. Was this the response of some clandestine operation? Did Ryv know? The Thyrsian doubted it, and as he ran, he could feel the focus of several of the Mandalorian warriors settle on him. Upper and lower rows of teeth grinding upon each other, Aelys' head shook from side to side as he willed himself to go faster.

Close the distance.

Then the range advantage that their weapons afforded them would be moot. It was the obvious play. The only one a Jedi like him could come up with.

For a moment, it felt like everything stopped.

Deathly silent.

Baited breath as a voice shouted over the deadening sounds of battle.

And then an explosion blew into the side of the Temple. Rock blew inwards, likely buffeting defenders. Along with the superheated air, Aelys was certain that the Mandalorians would have the advantage inside, at least for a while.

Coming to a stop, Aelys surveyed the engagement.

No fighters. No warriors. It's... Learners, isn't it? Too far from the front. It was a smart attack, Aelys had to admit. Thumbing the ignition button on his saberstaff, the built in threat sensors of the Force lessened. Where his gaze had unfocused to scan the scene before him, it refocused when armoured warriors had stopped lingering and left their obvious flank open. Scanning, Aelys still felt the threat in the back of his mind, and he saw a single Mandalorian watching him. No, approaching him.

Red tinted.

Aelys' teeth bared, and he walked forwards. His strides lengthened and it quickly shifted into a full on charge for the Mandalorian Rally Master. Authority rolled off of him. Likely, it was the only way the other warriors would accept losing their chance of facing a Jedi. Especially in a place with so few of the Jedi's more esteemed warriors like the Treicolts, Karis' and Fisto's.

They get me.

Aelys mused. The vision of the Sith's falling body surfacing from the back of his mind. If the Mandalorians wanted to become an obstacle, Aelys was determined to cross them too.

When the first of the particle beams shot at him, the Thyrsian's first reaction was to spark the staff's ignition. His adrenaline rose, his blood was up, and all he heard was the thumping of his heart in his ears. The tell tale sound of his sabers thrumming was deafened, and all he could see was the Mandalorian before him. Like Ziost, Aelys didn't hesitate to bring his lightsabre up and swing it into the way of the bolts that flew at him. There he had faced a blaster toting Sith. He had never been capable of redirecting the bolts back from whence they came, but harmless deflection into the ground and skies? That he could do.

And on Ziost, that's what he had done.

But here, on Tython?

He hadn't been expecting the bolts to explode when coming into contact.

Danger sense flared in the split second of contact with the front end of his saberstaff and the explosion. The light flashed, and Aelys' eyes shut, twisting his head off to the side before his forward momentum met the bolt's. Reflexively, his hands tightened around the saberstaff's elongated hilt so as to not lose it when it jerked out of its original path. The second bolt did the same as the bottom end of the staff flew to the front, catching the bolt and then shoving off to the side. To control it, his momentum slowed.

Saberstaff deactivating, he thrust his body forwards into a forwards dive to close the distance. Force-aided, his body rotated through the air while suspended horizontally, spiraling through the flurry of bolts that would've otherwise punched holes into him. When his feet hit the ground again, he'd land knelt, before springing forwards to swing his saberstaff up at the arms of the Mandalorian. Simultaneously, the azure beams of plasmatic energy sparked to life as from left to right, the back end of the saberstaff came around to the front in an attempt to cleave the Mandalorian from right shoulder to left hip in half.

After the initial breach, Jair sprinted down the corridor. His goal was not to fight the Jedi knights that guarded the temple, but instead, avoid any other conflicts so that the looting could go on without a hitch.

The rooms that were to his left and right remained barricaded or empty. Some rooms contained small trinkets that would not have a competitive price on any market. He would have to keep searching to see if there was something of value. He continued down the hall until he saw the Jedi that stood in his path.

A wrench in the plan. They stood a distance apart from each other, so it gave some room to think.

"Jedi, I have no intention of fighting you. Get out of the way, or my intentions will change." He spoke aloud towards the knight who did not respond. Instead, she closed the distance between them with a swift strike towards his lower forearm. It was so sudden he could not keep up. The vibroblade that the Jedi carried cut into the top of his vambrace and Jair shifted his arm, so the first blade was away from his body. The impact had made his arm sting and he could feel the warm trickle of blood start to pour. Although it was just a scratch, the Jedi was getting too close for comfort. She continued her attack with a strike downward towards his shoulder. With a swift press of his gauntlet, the plasma wrist shield appeared above his vambrace and he blocked the attack with a bit of resistance. The cold touch of her blades made him grit his teeth a bit. As she held her blades in place, she spat a snarky remark towards him.​

"My people have been besting yours for millennia, and yet you still come back for more," she taunted, hoping to infuriate the Mandalorian and set him off balance.

Jair knew what she was speaking of, yet he did not care. He knew that such remarks would make anyone with a hot temper act foolishly and get them to attack without purpose to get themselves killed. He would not be one of those fools. "I do not care. Get out of my way." Jair replied to her as he used his arm to push himself backward. He tried to increase the distance between the two of them so he could have time to act. His hand fell over his lightsaber and without hesitation, he unclipped it from his belt and ignited it. The Amythest blade shot up out of the hilt and the warm mechanical hum put him at peace. He held his lightsaber in an unfamiliar fashion as he had not fought a Jedi outside of combat sparring in a long time. However, he would have to try.

Launching off his right foot, he dashed towards her and swung the blade somewhat of a reckless manner. Hopefully, the manner of his wild attacks would throw her off balance and keep her alert.​

There was little choice left in the entrance of the Jedi Temple. They were being overun and caught by surprise... it was inevitable to suffer losses under the current circumstances. On the entrance, Vex kept deflecting blaster bolts... using his telekinetic abilities to even return rockets being sent over and trying his best to allow the younger ones... but something else happened... a breach in the wall.

Now the choke point that they were defending was of no use... they had to find another point to defend. Rhook Mandragoran Rhook Mandragoran shouted instructing for them to retreat to the inner sanctum.

Vexander's eye glanced across the place and felt a great pain in his gut... so many hopeful younglings... and they were being gunned down. The bearded corellian took a deep breath... it has been a long time since he had seen these many losses in a battle, this many young ones. War was awful indeed. But he knew what the implications were at this point. Either die here defending the inevitable... or get inside and defend greater numbers and most likely overcome their enemy.

The Cyan Blade began to step back, still he was deflecting bolts to cover the last ones that had a chance to make it inside... and when he had no other choice... he ran inside.

As soon as he was next to Master Mandragoran, Vex looked at him... with sadness in his eyes but still determination to keep fighting "Organize the defense as much as you can, I'll take the young ones inside and protect them in the inner sanctum" Without waiting on his confirmation, he looked around the place and raised his boys... trying to inspire confidence but with a sense of urgency.

"All the Padawans... on me! At this instant!"

This was not the way things were supposed to go. She was here to train and hopefully gather some experience before being picked up by a Master to learn further about the Force. She didn't know enough, and now she was in the middle of a battle against what seemed to be Mandalorians.

She was dressed in her Padawan robes, but Sierra didn't have a lightsaber in hand, instead... she carried her blades like she used to. She knew that her training saber wouldn't cut it and she wanted to build a real one soon to try the real deal. But so far that eluded her.

Although the noble woman knew her way with a sword... without the deflecting capabilities she was of no use... and now they were retreating even further to the inner sanctum... or at least that is what a bearded man said just recently. Calling all padawans inside.

Frustrated, the girl snorted in desdain... she was not used to back down; not as a member of House Kaltz, not as a Military Officer, and definetely she was not going to start as a Jedi. She was old enough to battle, had a lot of experience under her belt and knew that she could take on some padawans.

He went next to the man and protested "Mister... allow me to disagree with your orders. Not all Padawans should retreat" She raised her blade to the front and pointed with it to where the battle could be heard "I am Captain Sierra von Kaltz and I am not a youngling. I'll stand next to you" She looked at him and raised her chin with some superiority complex "Or you may stand behind me if you want"

Most of the padawans heeded the Master's order... they began to run towards the inner sanctum and Vex was about to turn around and leave when a red headed girl just jumped in front of him... she presented herself as a member of the military... and most likely royalty due to her name and even because she just behaved in that way.

In an arrogant way, she thought to stand her ground in the front... and usually, Vex would welcome such help... but this time around, this woman was underequiped to fight Mandalorians inside the temple... with no lightsaber and what he assumed was untrained Force potential... she was more a liability than any assistance. Perhaps having a blade and fighting her way through battle with a platoon of soldiers providing cover fire was her thing... but here, the platoon came from the Force and without trained abilities on it, she was almost defenseless against Mandalorians.

Vexander took his lightsaber and clipped it in his belt, deactivating the blade as he released the grip of it, and then turned to face Sierra von Kaltz Sierra von Kaltz in front of him "You are not getting the idea here Padawan Sierra..." the man was smiling warmly as best as he could "...without a proper saber to deflect their attacks and without some mastery in the ways of the Force you will not make it out alive..." The man then extended his hand and pointed towards the corridor that lead deeper into the Temple, trying to fight the urge to grab her by the arm and take her to the inner sanctum himself "...If you think so highly of you despite the obvious disadvantages in this battle, then help me protect the younger padawans"

With that being said, the man just walked towards the Inner Sanctum.

Tython, Vur Tepe Temple
ALLIES: Rhook Mandragoran Rhook Mandragoran Khefiir Riyo Milne Kat Decoria Kat Decoria Vexander Graves Vexander Graves
ENGAGING: Dezorath Dezorath Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla Kad Munin Kad Munin Tarre Priest Tarre Priest Milla Kryst Milla Kryst Jair Ordo Jair Ordo

Jedi fell before Rhook's eyes. By grenades, by sniper fire, by the overwhelming storm of suppressive fire coming from the Mandalorian skirmish lines. Even as jedi rushed passed him, passing through the shield to safety behind there still lay Jedi laid waste in the no man's land between the safety he offered and the invaders. Some dead. Some wounded. Some dying.​
Behind that great scarred helm the giant man's cold burning stare did not look away. The day had long since passed that he would struggle with the reality of what battle entailed. Those caught between, too wounded to make it to him were lost. Pushing forwards to recover them would only incur more casualties, more Jedi to add to the death toll. He could not save them. He waited for the last Jedi ( Vexander Graves Vexander Graves ) to see that inevitable truth, or to remain blind to it. If he did not read the situation he could not save him either. He did not have the time to argue the morality of it all. He could only focus on saving those he still could save.​
"Into the temple! Last chance!" he bellowed, grinding his teeth in the heat of it all.​
They would come or they would not. He would mourn them if he had to, as he would the rest.​
He began to slowly move backwards as he held the shield firm. The breaching charge sent dust and shrapnel blasting over the dome-like invisible barrier, redirected by near-invisible forces to curve over its form as he slowly moved backwards, swallowed by that dust cloud. As he stepped back into the temple he raised his voice with the force once more, amplifying it so that it rang through the halls and was deafening in his own helmet.​
"Take up defensive positions! Guard the young in the inner sanctum! Stay behind blind corners and only strike when the enemy nears!"
He had no time to give more detailed instructions -- there was no time to emplace teams of Jedi and structure proper positions or ambushes. He would have to leave them to their own instincts and abilities.​
The enemy had breached the walls already. From the look of it, their entrance had taken them into one of the halls that wrapped around the outer wall. It had been nearly a decade since he had been to Typhon. The layout was uncertain in his mind and so he did the only thing he could. He took up a position just beyond the doorway to the side of it. He kept his lightax deactivated to avoid the glow of the plasma giving away his position. He inhaled deeply, and fed all of his emotion into the flame until only the void remained. He felt the force fill him, felt himself perch on the razor's edge.​
He would hold here, and wait. If some dared strike through the doorway rather than the breach in hopes of chasing down wounded Jedi to revel in bloodshed and murder he would crush them. There was no allowing it.​
He would charge the first Mandalorian to cross that threshold with the haft of his light-ax, using all of his power and weight to attempt to ram them into the wall and smash the vertebrae of their neck between stone and weapon.

As the others breached the temple's walls, making their infiltration, Kad walked forward. His silent challenge had gone, as of yet, unanswered...but he'd seen the Jedi run, and he knew where to. Sword in hand, entirely unconcerned with securing the spoils that his brothers and sisters of the day sought, he made his way to the entrance. A quickly blinked command activated his helmet radar, penetrating into the next room; sure enough, one of the Jedi, the large one, lay in wait for him.

Beneath his visor, breathing in the heavily filtered outside air, Kad's scarred and hairless face cracked into a smile.

He stepped forwards more quickly, crossing the threshold with his sword raised; Rhook's weapon caught it, the larger man striving to push the Mandalorian back, but Kad dug his boots into the floor, merely sliding backwards slightly rather than being entirely bowled over. While Rhook was a giant of a man, the armour that Kad wore, and the stims that were pumped into his veins to keep him fighting despite the constant pain of the wounds he'd sustained in the past, helped him hold his own in the moment.

"Good, Jetii," he said, slightly damaged—and purposefully unrestored—speakers in his helmet distorting the tone of his words, giving them a growlier, more sinister bent. He pushed, hard, breaking away from Rhook Mandragoran Rhook Mandragoran and turning as he did so. Making space between them again, here in the entrance hall. "Now, test your skill against mine, or my blade will taste your blood. There is no other way for warriors like us."

3Ow8bB5.png

vWmGKQp.png

// Deep Core // Tython System // Tythos Ridge //
// Temple Flight Deck //
Engaging: Aelys
Equipment: See Signature.
Objective(s): Raid the Stores; Sack the Temple; Slay all that Stand in the Way.

v2LZzed.png

It was almost poetic, in a sense. The Jedi and Mandalorians were ancient rivals. With the former rising in power and prowess across the stars, it was only a matter of time before the latter followed their path. Rynn could feel something of the sort with every step he took towards the approaching Jedi. The weight of history kept his footing grounded, and the uncertainties of the future drove him forward. He wasn’t aware of how many times that the sorcerous Jedi Order and the Warriors of Mandalore clashed over the millennia, nor did he really care at that moment. All that mattered was that he was now faced with one of the most deadly combatants he would ever encounter in his lifetime.
Sure, the horde of Blackwing-infected Graug on Mandalore and coterie of nigh-immortal Sithspawn on Dantooine were dangerous in their own right. Still, they lacked the higher brain functions of the trained warrior-monk arrayed before him. Unlike those Sithspawn, the Jedi could rationalize his tactics and adapt where it was necessary. Rynn couldn’t bait the Jedi as easily as those Sithspawn, goading them into attacking him with reckless abandon. Instead, the man not only had to match this peerless warrior’s skills but outthink someone who could theoretically read his mind. If the Rally Master was a lesser man, it was likely that he would’ve thought that the deck was stacked against him.
Thankfully, through the trials and errors of his forefathers, the Mandalorian was partially prepared to tackle a Jedi warrior head-on. The sorcerer would undoubtedly want to keep the armoured figure within arm’s reach so that their plasmatic blades could carve the armoured invader apart with relative ease. As Rynn’s form wasn’t plated in Beskar, it was likely that he’d be cloven in two if that Sabrestaff struck him at just the right angle. The young Vizsla couldn’t allow that to happen. There was too much at stake for him to simply lay down his life and slump over in defeat. So, he kept the pressure on as the two figures advanced. One after another, a successive barrage of particle bolts struck the magnetic barrier of the Sabrestaff, bathing the Sorcerer’s surroundings in superheated plasma.
Undaunted, the warrior pressed onwards, determined to close the gap with the Rally Master.
As Rynn pulled the triggers of his pistols thrice more, his eyes watched with glittering interest as the Jedi threw himself forward - weaving his corporeal figure through the blistering hail of particle bolts. It was like something out of a holofilm, where the protagonist defied all notions of reality to avoid the villain’s blows. Had he not seen what the Jedi were capable of, let alone weaned on stories of their sorcerous ways, Rynn would’ve been mystified. Had the Rally Master not been trained in the metaphysical potentialities that the Jedi brought to the table. It would’ve surely led towards his early demise. He would have been struck down without a second thought, and his legacy would’ve ended up as nothing more than a cautionary tale.
Never become so ambitious, they would say, as Rynn Vizsla. For he was a man who desired the galaxy but never prepared himself to do battle with those that resided in it. No, sadly, such a fate wouldn’t be given life this day. Not when there was so much at stake, and the Crusade was still in its infancy. Instead of becoming mystified, the Rally Master’s eyes narrowed. There was only one path that the Jedi could take as the spiral neared completion. The Jedi would strike the ground and likely spring back into action - undoubtedly igniting their weapon on the down-swing. This warrior-monk seemed to care little for the Order’s ancient practices of never striking to kill, which meant that Rynn had little time to concoct a suitable defence.
The Rally Master’s momentum would doubtlessly carry him into the sweeping blow, and there was nothing he could’ve done to stop it. His jetpack would’ve taken too long to ignite and throw him forwards, and his pistols were clearly doing little but acting as an annoyance to the advancing Warrior-monk. Perhaps something else would be in order? It was then that his mind snapped towards his shield generator, mounted within his vambrace. As the Jedi sprung upwards, Rynn’s momentum was stolen, and the gauntlet-mounted device flared to life - bathing a portion of his left arm in a magnetically-sealed plasmatic barrier.
When the Sabrestaff descended, seeking to cleave Rynn in two - the sapphire-hewn blade struck the projected shield. The Mandalorian’s visor was bathed in a cascading shower of plasmatic sparks, partially scorching the ground beneath their feet. With the Sabrestaff being a twin-bladed weapon, the Rally Master recognized the threat the Sorcerer posed. All the Jedi had to do was twist their wrists and send the secondary blade beneath his newly-erected guard and strike home. Rynn couldn’t allow that to happen. So, as the sword and shield connected, the Mandalorian’s right fist shot forward and twisted - bringing a gauntlet-mounted flamethrower to bear.

:: Burn in Hell, Jedi. ::
The ignitor tripped within the span of a heartbeat, and a stream of highly flammable gas was shot forward. The sudden gout of caustic flames wouldn’t likely come as a surprise to the Jedi, as they undoubtedly expected Mandalorians to bring as many gadgets and weapons as they could into battle. However, Rynn hoped that the Jedi valued their livelihood more-so than following through with the potential kill. A sudden burst from a flamethrower towards a partially exposed mid-section with little armour to disperse the thermal lethality? That was enough to make even the most battle-hardened warrior think twice and react accordingly.
Thus, in the slices of time that transpired after the flamethrower’s ignition, the Rally Master watched his newly engaged opponent and wished for a more desirable outcome than dying by a Jedi’s hands.

3Ow8bB5.png

M A R A U D E R
DEATH WATCH
VUR TEPE

ZVina6u.png

He would carry out the legacy of his father, romanticizing a future of the Galaxy once again fearing the Warriors of Mandalore as did their ancestors accomplished centuries ago. Something that his father worked tirelessly to achieve only to be faced with endless tribulations. Even so, he wasn’t one to give up on that vision. Enough humiliation and disaster his culture had suffer, whether it was by the hands of aruetiise or those within their ranks.

Years and years had come, many Mandalorians rallying to the claims and causes of false Sole Rulers that only stagnated their culture. Never daring to raise arms against the Galaxy, forever the immortal enemy of the Mandalorians.

However, many that proudly adhered to the old ways would make their mark on the Galaxy. Didn’t matter where it was, but they would carve or burn their vengeance onto anyone that came in their path. Jedi, Sith, it didn’t matter who.

He was his father’s son and he would finish what he started.

Vengeance and glory would be his.

Their ambitions brought them to a Jedi Temple on an iconic world for said order.

Good.

He would desecrate their halls with Jedi blood, joining his fellow marauders as they breached the walls of the temple and into the very corridors of the complex. Adenn encountered a Padawan and without difficulty his spear stabbed right through the flesh of the Jedi, piercing the organs and bones beneath which would give the Padawan a quick death from the mortal wound inflicted upon him.

There was more to kill and he would seek it.

Sierra heard the man loud and clear, and saw him leave towards the inner sanctum of the Temple, she didn't like the idea at all but her military background was at the moment at odds with her royal pride. She wanted to keep fighting and to be acknowledged as something more than just a Padawan, she was no mere youngling for sure but she was no Knight, on the other hand; she was given a direct order by her current superior and therefore... she had a duty to fullfill.

Still, she didn't like it one bit.

With an exhasperated sigh, she just looked at the front lines were everyone was battling... and with a disappointed stance she just turned around and follow the bearded Jedi Master that she didn't know for the time being.

"I am following sir..." she said with a dimmed down voice "...following orders"

At least, she hoped that she could be useful where they were going.

OBJECTIVE: Assault the Temple. Get to the Library.
ALLIES: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla , Kad Munin Kad Munin Dezorath Dezorath Milla Kryst Milla Kryst Vyca Durren Vyca Durren
ENEMIES: Khefiir Riyo Milne Rhook Mandragoran Rhook Mandragoran Aelys Vexander Graves Vexander Graves Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

With the now open hole that was, arguably larger than the one created by Dez and his initial charge, it would be extremely difficult for the Jedi to stop all intruders. Even so one as much as myself and Milla. With so many Crusaders now flooding in an attempt to gather what they could from the temple itself. What was something that I wanted to get from the very depths of Vur Tepe? It wasn't quite so simple. No mere item or metal. It was an idea.

"Follow."

It was a very simple command given to Milla. While it may have been prudent to give more information, at the time, its not needed. The time for pleastries was well past, and it was all that needed to be spoken. It was time to move, and with haste. It took no time for me to vault over the natural barricade of a rock formation. Using the sling of the rifle to let it be thrown over my back and hitting metal plating. My hands were working of their own. Using the cable launcher once more and fixing it from my impromptu usage. Even as one of the Jedi Padawans who had fallen from the blast attempted to get up, I took a split second to use an elbow to the face to make sure he stayed own for a minute.

Reaching the wall in my near dead sprint, I breathed in and out for less than a second to steady my aim once more. Firing the hook up into the hole, and letting it grab onto whatever it could. One could nearly feel their shoulder being yanked out of the socket with how much lift the vambrace produced. Pulling me up like a father would a child. Making it through the hole so that I landed down. Rolling to increase the time it took to land. mitigating forces that would act on me. Instead of breaking a knee cap, or an ankle, it was only going to maybe be a bruise.

Using the roll into a low ready position, I didn't hesitate to start running. I knew an idea of where I was going to be headed. Making sure I was headed directly for the library of the Vur Tepe Temple. It wasn't a metal I wanted. It was knowledge.

Milla Kryst

ALLIES: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla , Kad Munin Kad Munin Dezorath Dezorath Tarre Priest Tarre Priest Vyca Durren Vyca Durren

Milla heard the order, and didn't hesitate. She understood a simple command and didn't even ponder the idea of questioning it. She was hyper focused. She knew since there was a gaping hole into the temple, now was the time to enter and continue the mission. As she followed she saw where they were headed, a wall to scale instead of walking in the front hole. She slung her rifle to her back, same as Tarre, but there was no clang of metal. She drew her grappling spike launcher in one hand, and one of her DC-17 pistols as she watched for any onlookers trying to take out her mentor. When she noticed the padawan was still alive that Tarre elbowed, she aimed her pistol at his head and executed it as Tarre grappled up the wall. She was emotionless, completely focused on the task at hand. With all the weapons fire happening, she didn't know if Tarre would notice.

Once Tarre was on the other side, Milla activated her own spike launcher, grappling up and over. However, since she wasn't wearing any armor or any kind of shock absorption gear, she took her time on the way back down. If Tarre went off without her, she knew she wouldn't have her hand held and it would be on her to find him. She had a headset, so she could communicate if she needed to. If Tarre didn't respond to her executing a child, she would ask either over the comms or right next to him if she caught up, "doesn't look like you're looting anything physical, what are we looking for?"

OBJECTIVE: Assault the Temple. Get to the Library.

Milla asked what I was looking for. Even as we rushed out way inside, attempting to avoid all contact with the Jedi in general, with most of them being focused on the fighting at the front, or attempting to prevent even more from getting in. Going deeper within the temple, It wasn't hard to just follow the signs pointing to the library. For a moment, I left Milla and her questions behind me until we got to the knowledge center. Walking right up to a terminal and searching through key words, finally giving a response.

"The Jedi for many years have been able to make items that are imbued with whatever the hell, the force is. The Sith have done the same recently with some Beskar. I want to find out how. And if I can, reverse it."

It took just a small amount of time to get the information located. So what would I do? Go directly to the place it was stored, walk up towards it, use my blaster to blow open the lock that kept the case closed upon it, and pull it from the shelf. It wasn't difficult to take a handful of datapads from the shelves, and even found a couple physical copies of such knowledge. Stuff that I needed.

Turning to Milla, I nodded her her. My helmet glowing faintly from the reflection of all the lights within the Library.

"Alright, now we leave."

It wasn't difficult to escape. Once more with the Jedi attempting to guard one central location, it was just a quick emergency exit door off to the side, that we walked out of. Making sure to be on foot out a ways before calling a ship down to come pick us up.

All in a days work.

Milla Kryst

ALLIES: Tarre Priest Tarre Priest

Milla didn't even entirely realize Tarre ignored her for a short moment, she was asking a question, but she was more concerned with keeping their backs covered, especially Tarre's. When they got to a terminal, she kept giving him cover fire from any guards or other Jedi following them, not caring if if was a padawan or anything else. So it's something super specific and special he wanted, and it didn't sound like it was just any old thing. When he was all done, he went to find what he was looking for, and Milla continued to watch his back. Nearby, however, there was a glass case with some ordinary beskar. Probably either shown off as a relic or sealed for research purposes. She took a step over to it and smashed the glass with the butt of her rifle as Tarre went to work on his prize. Milla didn't want to go home empty handed, even though she had no issue just being backup protection for Tarre. This was all to get her prepared for combat with other Mandalorians, and she enjoyed being less than adequate as them (no armor or good gear), it gave her a sense of earning. She pulled out a few bars of beskar, seemingly branded by the Jedi. She wanted to give these to the Rally Master, and her Mentor, when all was said and done. "Understood, I'm right behind you," still somewhat walking backwards or watching behind them to keep Tarre protected from the rear, all the way outside into a seemingly safe location as he called for a ship.

She hoped to gain the approval of the two people giving her a chance at new life.

3Ow8bB5.png

vWmGKQp.png

// Deep Core // Tython System // Tythos Ridge //
// Temple Interior - Volcanic Armoury //
Equipment: See Signature.
Objective(s): Raid the Stores; Sack the Temple; Slay all that Stand in the Way.

v2LZzed.png

The battle between the Mandalorian and the Jedi was short and vicious. Neither side refused to give ground as the Rally Master was forced to eventually draw his own Beskad to save his hide. While the Jedi was naught more than a Padawan, their garnered mastery over the Force made them one of the most deadly opponents that Rynn had ever faced. He was pleased that he managed to stand his ground in the face of such adversity. While it was likely that this Jedi was different from his religious bedfellows, the Mandalorian knew that the man wasn’t pulling his punches. The Jedi was going for the kill, which made the battle all the more enticing - since the two figures stood on even ground.

But, as all great things are never made to last, the Mandalorian found himself garnering the upper hand. It wasn’t through skill, as both men were consummate warriors in their own rights, but rather through an opportunistic use of the Rally Master’s vambraces. The integrated repulsor activated at the right moment and caught the Jedi off-guard. They weren’t hurt, but it allowed Rynn to throw the man away - and let gravity do the rest. Not only had he cemented his claim over the high ground, but the armoured warrior also survived his first duel with a trained Force Wielder. In many respects, the Rally Master considered himself ready for the trials ahead.

He could now face the Sith that defiled his former home and insulted his culture at every turn, without fear of being inadequate.

As he watched gravity tear the Jedi away from the ancient temple, Rynn found himself turning away from the delightful scene. There was little to be gained by watching a man roll down the side of a near-dormant volcano, especially when time was of the essence. Who knew what alarms were tripped by their sudden appearance, let alone the violence that came afterwards? It wouldn’t be long now before either more Jedi or their Alliance friends arrived on station to dispatch the motley band of Mandalorians. That was something that couldn’t be allowed to happen, not when the Scions of Mandalore were too few.

The Rally Master then dashed towards the sundered temple, knowing that his victory was assured and that the others were pitted against the opposition of their own. Every Warrior held their ground against the Jedi, which made Rynn immensely proud - mainly when one of those vaunted Warrior-monks was laid low. But, there also came the sensation of sorrow, as for every Jedi that fell - a Mandalorian warrior wasn’t far behind. The casualties were starting to mount on either side of the spectrum, and there was a moment when the Mandalorian began to ask himself if this incursion was worth it.

But, that was when his mind elected to remind himself of the scarcity of beskar. There was too little left in the galaxy that wasn’t exploited by the various intergalactic superpowers or already in use by the scattered clans. It was the reason why they were here, after all. The Jedi were simply in the way.

There was little resistance to be found as Rynn entered the ancient temple. His fellow Crusaders did their jobs well in keeping the Jedi pacified and contained. As there were younglings with them, the Jedi were too concerned with keeping them protected - a factor that the Mandalorians exploited to the fullest. While many would consider it abhorrent to attack teenagers, the Death Watch knew better. These younglings were trained combatants, and with a bit of skill and some luck, those Jedi Initiates could bring down a fully-armoured warrior. It was better to treat them with the same hostility afforded to Padawans and Knights, as their prowess and mastery over the Force would only grow from there.

The Rally Master threw himself against the wall as he closed on a corner. With the clatter of armour and stone echoing in his surroundings, Rynn took a chance and peeked around the corner. There were distant sounds of fighting, but nothing transpired within the passageway afore him. The man let out a breath that he didn’t know he was holding and felt a sense of relief wash over him. Fighting one Jedi was more than enough for today, and there was a part of him that never wanted to do it again. But, as such a conflict was inevitable, Rynn knew better. He wouldn’t just be fighting Jedi in the future, but their darker kin as well. The man needed to ready his mind for such an eventuality.

Sure, the Mandalorian survived one fight and believed himself ready - but that was through sheer luck. He might not be so lucky next time.

After he threw himself down the corridor, the Rally Master found himself entering a cavernous chamber. The stones were coated in a thick layer of dust, and the banners that were strung up above billowed gently in the soft breeze. The man had entered some sort of antechamber that likely led deeper into the temple. There were all sorts of unfamiliar inscriptions etched into the walls, probably detailing where each corridor led. Rynn moved from one etched notation to another, hoping to find something that he could recognize - but nothing seemed to stand out. That was until he reached the last inscription.

Rynn’s eyes were drawn to an odd symbol that dominated the etching, as it bore some striking similarities to the written form of his native tongue. Perhaps, this was the route he needed to follow. Seeing little to guide himself elsewhere, the Rally Master thundered forward. He threw himself at each corner, peeking around to ensure his path was unobstructed. It was a dance that continued for what seemed like ages until the Mandalorian reached his destination. The man knew he had found his prize when he passed through an open doorway and was greeted by a massive forge - surrounded by stacked ingots, upright suits of ancient armour and nestled weaponry.

The Neo-Crusader whistled, impressed by the sight. There was no mistaking it, as Rynn’s mind drank in the details of his surroundings, the young Vizsla knew that he stood amongst a veritable hoard of Mandalorian goods. While they were unmistakably ancient, their craftsmanship was sublime. He was awestruck by the artifice woven into the nestled weapons or the suits of armour that rested atop rotting mantles. Whoever crafted these artifacts was a master in their trade, and it saddened the Rally Master to know that they no-longer dwelled amongst the living. The Crusade could’ve really used someone of their talents to take charge in the War Forges. Alas, their works would not go to waste. They would be taken from this misbegotten world and put to good use.

It was then that Rynn placed a small device on a nearby wall. That very same device started emitting a sonic pulse, which in turn blew a hole in the side of the temple. Stale volcanic air rushed inwards, bathing everything in a fresh coat of ash and dust. The chamber that this armour was housed within was suspended above the volcano below - leaving a considerable amount of space for a dropship to move in and seal itself to the temple’s sundered exterior. After the call was made, the young Vizsla began cataloguing his find. His luck was seemingly on point this day, as not only did he manage to defeat a Jedi in combat, but he somehow managed to find his way to this ancient armoury as well.

Things were starting to look up, not only for the Rally Master but the entirety of the Crusade thereafter.

~-~*~-~

The Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders had achieved their objective. With the cargo holds of several dropships filled with ancient Mandalorian treasures, the Warriors of the Death Watch began to withdraw. They did what they could to recover the bodies of their fallen, but as the Jedi sought to reclaim their ancient temple - some corpses were left behind. Their armour’s integrated intelligence system purged their databanks when that unfortunate realization was made. For, if the Jedi recovered them - it would likely spell doom for the Crusade.

They could ill-afford the Jedi catching wind of their actions, nor the Alliance scattering their paltry fleet across the solar tides. The names of the fallen would never be forgotten, for they would become immortalized within the annals of the Death Watch as heroes of legend - who stood their ground against impossible odds and won a great victory for the Crusade this day. While their bodies would rot and wither, their spirits would ascend into the halls of their ancestors, where they would become one with the Manda - and help guide future generations of Mandalorians towards honour and glory.

To those that survived the Sacking of Vur Tepe, they found themselves in possession of a significant hoard of ancient Mandalorian relics. Beskar was now available to many Warriors within the Crusade, as were several ancient weapons and suits of armour were thought lost to time immemorial. While they ultimately withdrew from the battlefield, the Death Watch considered this battle to be a Victory worthy of song.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom