Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Recovery

As many of you are no doubt aware, a large number of threads seem to exist, but are empty shells of what they were. You might want to fall to despair, thinking that all that work is lost.

Fear not, for we have many weapons in our arsenal to begin repairs.

To start, you'll want to navigate to a link of your choosing. In this case, I'll use a post in the Roleplay Discussion called Where My Characters Will Be. If you follow that link, you'll see that there are replies, but appears to have no actual content. To this, I simply add the following to the beginning of the link

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:
Now you should see most, if not all, of the posts that were made.

This is your salvation and the tool that we will be using to rebuild and recover lost threads.

Myself and many of the other Staff members are already well-versed in gathering post data in this manner. It will be time consuming, and it will be very slow. But we will save what we can. This is where we will coordinate the reconstruction process.

Any questions regarding the restoration process can be directed at me, either in this thread or in PMs.

Please do not re-create the threads, just reply to the BLANK threads.

Most of our stuff can be recovered, tech can be resubmitted, threads can be redone. There is only one thing I would like to question about, and I ask this for all the major factions.

Our Dominion got gutted. We can see the reply number we had, and can get some (but not all) of our posts. What of the possibility that all Dominions in progress are allowed to restart, with the required post count reduced by the number of posts from the lost version of the thread?

So 125 that had a 60 post thread would need a 65 post thread.

Just a thought.

Marik Baldear

M
thank you @[member='Ayden Cater']. time to get building...
we still have the site and thats all that matters.... the rest can be fixed

Marik Baldear

M
never mined... it worked... it didnt come up so i posted it again. when i refreshed the page it had been posted twice.... is there a way do delete posts?

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
I have saved posts and tech related to me and OP on word documents, would you like me to send them to you @[member="Ayden Cater"] so they may be used for recovery?

all mines can't be recovered, either I am doing the linking with that url wrong or my profiles for alts is gone...completely.
EDIT: Good thing I saved them onto my memory stick, god I love data storage devices. :p

Calvin Kelrune

C
Ayden Cater said:

Please do not re-create the threads, just reply to the BLANK threads.
I didn't know you could do this until after I recreated the threads I lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom