Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Nexus; a trending bar on Denon

"A'jah."

Kad nodded curtly, returning the greeting with far fewer words, and followed the Pantoran along to the booth. He glanced at the seat with a small amount of distaste, though it was hidden far from view within his helmet.

Sitting in armour was always an...uncomfortable affair.

"Water will be fine," he responded to her question of beverages at last, sliding his way into the booth. Luckily, they at least chose one with hard seats; it would've been unfortunate to go scratching and tearing someone's upholstery while discussing future employment.

let's just alter that colour so it's a bit easier to read why don't we

Tarsin Kenn

T
Tarsin restrained profanity as Mercy Mercy removed the glass from his grip and drank it." You people really did evolve from hairy little simians, didn't you."

He refocused on Aktur, not that his focus had ever really drifted.

"Before I answer that question, Aktur, I need to know what risks and obligations I take on by hearing an offer."

ZuL57J7A_mgfbHHd82RcdMl4CT4JcSwSCerJam3zcrylMzKhGDTD9zKSh0HV23IwbgzJubOpb4CP2b7H14WgMQqYZCKgFPVjbj-6MTErWk4CQY60e4Io2QGDJCj5misOfX_TGc2j

S C I O N
The City, Denon
The Nexus

:: Master Kaze is set to arrive shortly, Scion. ::

Scion stopped midway through tearing back another of the criminal's fingers. Tears rolled down the man's face, a side-effect from the pain or fear, or both. The Mask didn't care either way. He wanted an answer more than he considered the emotions of a pathetic low-life who made a living preying on those beneath him. Fortunately for the thug, his savior was on the way. That and he finally sputtered out the answer to the vigilante's question.

"Inside! Inside!"

He answered just in time to receive a decisive blow to the dome, which sent him limp in Scion's hands. Scion released him once he felt Dagon pull him away. Into the trash, he went, right where he belonged.

"I've never been," Scion admitted. "But I've heard rumors. Father spoke of it sometimes, though he typically referred to it as a rival business, not a supplier to the streets," he crossed his arms. "Likely to keep me from doing something I shouldn't, like busting in alone," his gaze shifted from the busy club to the vigilante at his side. "Good thing I'm not alone, huh?"

:: Arthur, run a passive scan on the building. Some map's better than no map. ::

:: One moment, sir. ::

Scion stood in silence, his attention back on the Nexus across the way. More people barrelled in, while others slunk out into the night, likely to find a quiet place to piss or pass out.

:: I'm afraid the Nexus is cloaked by multiple jammers. I'm unable to ascertain the exact numbers of those within, but after sorting through city records, I discovered a floor plan for the building. It appears the building is split into five sections, each one a unique bar with its own security access. Public records indicate that the Nexus is partially owned by one Aktur Seii. Security footage from surrounding surveillance technology suggests a wide array of dangers within, ranging from gentlemen like the one you so graciously placed into the trash and a Mandalorian known as Kad Munin. It is to be assumed that entrepreneurs such as Seii have security of their own. ::

Scion nodded. "Not so bad," he looked from the road to the club's rooftop. "If we want to go loud, we need a distraction. Why don't you take to the roof and go after Seii? I'll go through the front door and draw security's attention."

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Aktur Seii Aktur Seii | Kad Munin Kad Munin | Taezo### Taezo### | Tarsin Kenn | Kyric Kyric

The glass was in her hand and already at her lips before Mercy could blink.

So much for that famed mercyful restraint.

She took a big gulp and sighed happily as the burn distracted her from coiled feelings in the pit of her stomach. Even someone who could walk away from a crushed throat and multiple stab wounds had a weak spot. For Mercy it was her overwhelming sense of superiority. Take a hit at that and she didn't handle it... well.

Examples above aplenty.

"Half of them anyway." Mercy muttered quietly as she took one more steady sip and put the glass down beside him again. "With the dainty sips you take you still have plenty left in the glass, chief, don't worry." Still, if it helped, Mercy did have a mildly apologetic tone and that was more than most received from her.

This was of course ruined the moment Mercy allowed herself a smirk for her own joke.

Even... while... she had a sudden itch at the back of her neck. Like her hair decided to do their best to walk out on her, but couldn't quite separate itself from her skin. It was a shame that Mercy had the Sense capabilities of a small demented rock. Otherwise she might have realized that this feeling was one of impending danger.

The Force tried to warn, but the rock did not listen.

Hopefully that wouldn't bite them in the arse later on.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
OUT FRONT
STREET CORNER NEAR THE CLUB ENTRANCE
BECAUSE THE BOUNCERS WON'T LET ME PLAY NEAR THE FRONT DOOR AFTER THE DINKO INCIDENT

A traditional Ithorian instrument twanged soulfully. A handful of coins sparkled in the open instrument case.

"Anyway, here's 'Keep my Haul.'"

Today, my freighter's full of spice and I'm blasting off toward Batuu
And by now, there's Jedi on my tail and I don't know what I can do
There's nothing like a rusty ship to get you boys all holier-than-thou

And tonight, your Masters and your Knights are gonna shoot my engines out
Guess I thought you couldn't light me up if you had a reasonable doubt
I don't believe your jurisdiction counts here, but you're blasting me somehow

And all the hyperlanes I took were winding
And your blue sabers in my face are blinding
I think it's time to file complaints about this shit you do, but I don't know how

Please don't slay me
Or confiscate my cargo, baby
Burlap cabal
Let me keep my haul

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

THE NEXUS
DENON

aktur_banner.png

Aktur smiled. It wasn't wholly pleasant, but the expression wasn't aggressive by any means.

"Just the standard expectations, Tarsin. Should you not want the offer, you forget everything about our conversation and meeting, including me and who I speak for," The crime lord eased back as he glanced to Tarsin's protection, as something seemed off about her at present, though what it could be remained a mystery. "Otherwise... well, I won't bore you with the usual topic points. We both know the spiel, right?"

It usually involved lots of claims of death, including family, or wrenching everything someone held dear from their grasp.

All very blasé for Aktur, really.

"What I can say, is that I don't just meet with anyone, Tarsin. So... shall we make credits together, or will you - and your protection - suddenly encounter a case of permanent onset of amnesia regarding a forgotten trip to Denon that never happened?"

aktur_banner2.png

AT THE SAME TIME...

A'jah took her seat, before placing a small personal datapad onto the table, to then activate it with a thumb print and look at the bounty hunter.

"Water it is," The Pantoran said simply with a nod, as she brushed a strand of hair behind one ear and made the order via the table service screen. "Do you need a straw? Or?"

Either way, A'jah smiled at the lighthearted joke, before she got down to business. One of the servers would bring the beverage after several minutes, so all that remained was to ask some questions of the armored individual across the table:

"Mr. Munin, we understand you are a bounty hunter. What would you say are your most valuable skills? And are you an independent contractor, able to be called upon at a moments notice, or do you require official bounty postings and job offers to perform your trade?"

Tarsin Kenn

T
The risks were clear in the sense that whatever they were, they clearly existed. On the flip side, alignment with a large, professional, plainspoken organization could be profitable for all concerned. Especially since said organization knew how to keep secrets.

"Then let's move forward on that basis," Tarsin said. "I'm interested in working with..." He glanced significantly at the spilled liquor in which Aktur had drawn the symbol. "...you. I'm also interested in your stock movements. You've taken some countertrend positions on Hekler'Kok and Hayata. I have compatible holdings, as I'm sure you're aware."

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

THE NEXUS
DENON

aktur_banner.png

So it seemed Tarsin wouldn't become an amnesiac. Excellent. The slender alien also showed an understanding of the subtlety required in their profession, as he bypassed the organization in question and focused on a more publicly appropriate topic. Aktur could appreciate someone that knew when - and when not - to speak about certain things.

"Ah, yes, Hekler'Kok Defense Industries," The crime lord grinned as he got comfortable on his seat. "Something of an underdog in the stock market, I dare say. Some small investments, certainly, but largely overlooked by those larger investors. And you're correct, it's not often the counter-trend is the way to play shares... and yet."

As if on cue, a server walked by and placed another glass of Merenzane Gold liquor on the table before Aktur. He nodded, then watched the server leave, before he continued.

"And I have noticed your investment portfolio, yes. I make it a habit to look into the sentients I have interest with." Aktur reached out for the incredibly expensive glass of spirits, as he took a sip, rolled the liquid in his mouth and swallowed. He placed the glass back on the previous stains, where the Crimson Dawn symbol had been, and used the new moisture and beverage to smudge it around and remove the evidence. "And Hayata Corporation is another small thing at the bottom of a tall hill, which I fully expect to see climb very, very soon."

Aktur glanced to the redheaded protection, as his senses caught wafts of life force emanating from her.

"The trick, Tarsin, is to make the market move for you. As an aside, have you tried Merenzane Gold?"

One of the luxuries of being a droid was that the intake of data happened remarkably quick, at least compared to organic species. By the time Aktur's man had arrived.

"Greetings, Taezo," The guard said, as he nodded and approached. He was stocky, short for a human, but otherwise quite generic for the species, even with a shaved head. "I am Talran, I was sent by my employer to ensure that you have been taken care of, and to thank you for your patience."

Taezo looked at Talran and spoke. "The umbaran woman offered drink, took care of my request, and anticipated future needs. I would rate her, at minimum, among the top three percent of accomodaters I have encountered. Perhaps higher if not for my limited exposure." Taezo provided honest feedback, free of charge. In the droid's experience the performance of every sentient could fit to a normal distribution within their job title.

"Is this seat free? I have some initial questions that Mr. Seii would like to know, before meeting..."

"Mr. Seii should know that pre-meeting interaction is acceptable, but there are limits to the discussions that can be had in such an environment as this table." Taezo said, and neglected to mention or with this sort of underling. Taezo found organics were often offended when the scope of their tasks were made clear to them.

Elsewhere a quartet of Taezo's men were making their way to the Nexus. They were professionals, so the two Jedi Kyric Kyric and Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze were unlikely to pick them out of a crowd of people heading to the Nexus, but Jedi were quite unpredictable. If Taezo knew they were on the trail, the droid wouldn't put it past them to 'feel' backup was coming for him.

Aktur Seii Aktur Seii

Last edited:

Tarsin Kenn

T
Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Mercy Mercy

"Nothing more for me, thank you," said Tarsin firmly. "I'm not sure my associate could handle it if I ordered another drink."

Mercy had, of course, saved his bacon more than once as both bodyguard and poison tester. Some people preferred to take risks rather than honor their debts, and Tarsin understood the circumstantial appeal of offing one's creditors.

"Thank you for the tip on Hayata." He checked his datapad, which showed local times on half a dozen worlds. The stock index in question would open the floor in under two hours, enough time to shuffle certain funds around and lean into the Hayata position.

Let me keep my haul

The next credit chit landed in the instrument case hard. That was strange, given that the woman walking past didn't seem to have moved her hand at all.

Neesa looked fragile compared to the typical Nexus patron. Several layers and her unruly curled hair didn't hide how slender she was. Despite this, as she approached the establishment the crowd seemed to part for her. No one came close to bumping her shoulder. She was a shark in a school of fish.

This was a change of pace from Point Nadir. Not much of a change of pace. It wasn't much of a change of pace, this wasn't a Palace on Naboo.

She was on the guest list. She was here to make some arrangements on behalf of Nadir.

Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Tarsin Kenn

The threat of amnesia caused the shades to tilt away from the surroundings to Aktur.

By and large Mercy didn't do threats.

She had already been feeling rather... small (ironic, yes) after the whole symbol thing went over her head. Now being threatened was raising her hackles even more. The hand resting on Tarsin's chair tightened and her employer would feel that tension. There were two sides currently warring within the large woman.

The Sith core that took every challenge at face-value and headbutted them with no hesitation.

The outer layers cultivated from being on the run and facing obstacles she couldn't just slam through.

"I could handle a great many of things. A constant surprise to those around me." Her eyes, shaded by the spectacles, were still hooked straight into Aktur and the double-meaning behind it was clear. She would sell her hide expensively if it came to that and Mercy wasn't about to just roll over and smile without saying chit.

"If we are done here, chief, I think it is time for us to go before we overstay our welcome?" Murmured quietly to Kenn.

Her attention was still fixated on the sitting figure in front of them however.

THE NEXUS
ROUGH JUSTICE vol. I
Issue #4 w/ Kyric Kyric Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Tarsin Kenn Mercy Mercy Taezo### Taezo### Kad Munin Kad Munin Neesa Neesa

kwzlsmL.png
"It's too--"

Stop gatekeeping, Dag.

A bird learns to fly or it dies in the nest.

He cracked his knuckles, "Alright. We'll need a big one, those goons there don't run the slums. They don't scare easy. Most of 'em got some military background..." his eyes turned from the building to Scion, "... just be careful. I will try to get in position on top of their heads by the time you create the distraction." he wondered if that was the real weight Ryv carried as the Sword. Not the hypocrisy he faced, nor the battles he waged but... the faces that never came back from the front. "...and Scion, when inside - keep moving." the bigger the chaos, the more elusive a target he could be.

A soft nod and Dagon leaped into the skies, hopping from one side of the wall to the other until he was on the Nexus' roof. The ventilation shaft didn't reek - that's how you often distinguished a proper establishment from a, well, one that will send you lounging in the toilet for a night. Carefully opening the grate, the masked Jedi slid inside, light-footed and silent as a cat.

Dig through that memory, man, where were the private booths?

Maybe if Yula wasn't so adamant on having fun, I'd kno--

Stop blaming everything on--

Nah, true. She's not my scapegoat.

I am.

:: That's him, Sir. ::

The Knight backtracked crawling and peeked through the grate.

What a lovely bunch, huh?

I see two and our man.

Probs some guards in the corners.

And some outside the booth.

Fun times ahead.

Now came Scion's part.

SRTZecs.jpg
DENON - THE NEXUS
THE VISIT vol. I

They were similar.

Denon and Coruscant.

Big kriffin' city. Blinding lights. Lots of crime. Basically the same place... Just a lot less Sithspawn eating people in the Under Levels.

"Working was not what I expected coming here." Pocketing the datapad after another reading of the hurried and typo-ridden message by Dagon, he sighed, getting up from his perch.

Sort of ironic considering the packed suit and equipment, but you couldn't be too careful. Most people that were in the know thought of Kaigann Fossk as Darth Solipsis. The Sith, that, once again infiltrated and turned things inside out. A full on menace no doubt. But on that day on Coruscant when the Brotherhood attacked, the Mynock had crossed blades with a Kalros Jerr--something.

The Senator of Denon.

Definitely couldn't hurt with a closet Sith totting Force artifacts. And who knew if his replacement was any better?

"I'm in route," he said, activating his comm on Arthur's encrypted network. The helmet adorning his head muted the sound of his cloak snapping in the wind. His body knifed through the city at a rapid clip, the built-in glider to his suit slowly extending out from his body as he lurched, avoiding a skyscraper and then diving down to the five story.

Distance to target -- hundreds of feets. Quickly dialing down. Arthur's target acquisition highlighted Dagon disappearing into a vent and showcased the results of his previously limited scan. :: Here you go, Sir. :: Limbs snapped outwards, momentum arrested. He hit the the roof, arms dropping, the motions causing the glider add-ons to slide back into place.

Choosing another vent, Mynock stood before the dark orifice, shaking his head. What would the ancestors say? You're a trained warrior! Sneaking around? Suppressing a sigh, he leapt over the lip and slid inside. Years of stalking the Coruscant underworld had honed a skill for silent and careful movements.

Like other times they met up, it was Dagon's lead.

aktur_banner2.png

AT THE SAME TIME...

A'jah took her seat, before placing a small personal datapad onto the table, to then activate it with a thumb print and look at the bounty hunter.

"Water it is," The Pantoran said simply with a nod, as she brushed a strand of hair behind one ear and made the order via the table service screen. "Do you need a straw? Or?"

Either way, A'jah smiled at the lighthearted joke, before she got down to business. One of the servers would bring the beverage after several minutes, so all that remained was to ask some questions of the armored individual across the table:

"Mr. Munin, we understand you are a bounty hunter. What would you say are your most valuable skills? And are you an independent contractor, able to be called upon at a moments notice, or do you require official bounty postings and job offers to perform your trade?"

aktur_banner2.png

Kad sat silent as the Pantoran made her joke, looking over the interior of the club. Radar monitoring was disabled; no way to switch to infrared or x-ray filters; however, the three-hundred-sixty degree field of view was still active. Even with his visor firmly faced on A'jah, he could still watch the door, the dance floor, the other, less-private booths; he would've preferred his full surveillance suite to be active, but audio and visual alone was good enough for the moment.

Nothing to worry about for the moment. Just a lot of faces that he had to remember in case they were people he'd be sent after soon.

"I've never cared about official postings," he replied after a moment. "I do what I'm paid to do. If that comes from a 'Wanted, Dead-or-Alive' poster, an official broker, or one of the powerful locals telling me who and what they want, if the money's good, it'll get done." He turned his eyes back from the panel focusing on the door to look out the visor properly, to study A'jah's reactions.

"Now, skills? If you want someone brought in alive, I'm better than most at that, but I don't guarantee that they'll still have all their limbs. Dead? I'm very good. I've helped start false-flag operations to discredit the former Mand'alor the Infernal's regime and allies, I've crossed blades with Sith and Jedi and returned to tell the tale, I've tracked sentients across multiple galactic sectors, and whatever I put my will to doing, I don't stop until it's done, or I'm dead." To emphasize the point, he reached over, deactivating his right gauntlet's seal and pulling it forward a couple inches.

Showing extremely pale flesh that hadn't seen the light of day in years—but that was also covered over in more scar tissue than normal skin, looking like it'd been half melted away, not to mention the raised keloids from jagged shrapnel that shredded the same the area, and likely more besides.

"And above everything else, A'jah, I'm very hard to kill." The gauntlet slid back, reconnecting with the rest of the armour and sealing back up. "So if I'm ever hired to do something by your organization, know that if you ever hear back from me after I accept, it's either me checking in to inform you of the status of the operation, or because the job's been done and I'm on my way back for payment."

ZuL57J7A_mgfbHHd82RcdMl4CT4JcSwSCerJam3zcrylMzKhGDTD9zKSh0HV23IwbgzJubOpb4CP2b7H14WgMQqYZCKgFPVjbj-6MTErWk4CQY60e4Io2QGDJCj5misOfX_TGc2j

S C I O N
The City, Denon
The Nexus

With Dagon's blessing and wisdom, Scion faded deeper into the alleyway...

A few minutes later, the masked man stood before a parked speeder a block from the Nexus. The vehicle wasn't amazing. Most of the paint had chipped away over the years, replaced by bumps and scrapes. Scion leaned against it and clicked the side of his mask.

"Arthur?"

:: Yes, Scion? ::

"Run a scan on this speeder. Tag number 401B2S." Scion said.

:: One moment, sir, :: Scion waited less than thirty seconds before the AI's voice came through. :: This speeder belongs to one Taliv Schli, a refugee from one of the scar worlds. ::

"How's his record?"

:: Clean, sir. It appears mister Schli purchased the vehicle from a less-than-reputable vendor a few days after arriving on world. It has a plethora of problems, from worn breaks, a damaged battery cell, to faulty bumpers. ::

"Is it insured?" Scion inquired with a smirk.

:: Yes, sir. ::

"Good, good," Scion stepped around the speeder and stopped at the hood. He quickly attached a tiny camera to the middle of the hood, along with a metallic box beneath the speeder itself. "Has Night had an opportunity to test the remote speeder control yet, Arthur?"

:: Not yet, sir. ::

"Well, we're testing live in the field, then," Scion took a step back, pulled a grapnel device from his belt, and aimed for the roof above him. With the click of a button, a beskar-tipped hook shot from the device and pierced the duracrete rim sticking out from the building. The line tightened and tore Scion from the floor. Safely deposited on the roof, he flipped over his wrist and began to tap quickly at a holo projected screen.

:: As per my programming, I am required to inform you that Master Kaze would find this decision dangerous. ::

"Yeah, well, I'm not seeing many other options here. Blowing through the front door on my own seems a bit more dangerous than sending a speeder. Between the camera and the remote piloting, I should have a handle on the situation."

:: Very well, sir. I should also inform you Black Mynock has arrived on the scene. ::

"Well, that's good to hear."

The speeder activated from below his perch and slowly drifted further up the street. Another projection appeared above the first, showing a live feed of the road. Scion carefully guided the speeder around other parked vehicles before directing it onto the road leading up to the Nexus proper. After clicking another button on the smaller projection, the speeder's horn began to blare, the noise like a blaring siren. People turned to see a hastening speeder. They dove, ran, or leaped away from the speeding vehicle, clearing a path to the entrance.

"Perfect," Scion sprinted across the roof, eyes trained on the speeder. His arms flicked out, activating his suit's emergency glide protocol. When the speeder reached the point of no return, he hit the breaks, killed the gas remotely, and leaped from the building.

The speeder's brakes were enough to keep it from roaring into the crowds beyond the entrance. Still, it could not stop the vehicle from crashing through the front door. Glass shattered and blew inward. Metal screeched as it was blown apart.

Scion shot through the battered entry a split-second later and slid to a stop half a dozen feet behind the battered speeder.

"Bring it on, bitches," he muttered before slamming a foot down to launch himself up and onto the second level.

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

THE NEXUS
DENON

aktur_banner.png

Aktur nodded, and proceeded to imbibe some more of the expensive liquor himself, as Tarsin declined further drink. It might have been nice to have something of a small celebratory moment, a shared drink to mark the occasion, but it wasn't integral or meaningful beyond that really. Just motions. Both sentients knew the real reward was the business to come - and business would be good, Aktur could feel it. There was, however, the potential friction expressed by the redheaded mountain of a female that presided over Tarsin's protection...

"Mercy?" Aktur said, as he turned his dark stare at the bodyguard, unblinking and unphased. His eyes were dead, no light within them, hollow as a shark's as he pointedly spoke in a low tone. "It seems you have failed to grasp my meaning. Proceeding with the conversation was never about silencing... merely remaining silent. And that is a significant difference to those who can see it."

Mercy didn't seem able to see. And the large protection's words were clear, also.

"And I'm sure you could. And have handled many things, surprisingly well. But let's not adopt the epistemic stances of rancors being riled up, it helps no one and further illustrates a lack of recognition for subtlety. That is to say, we're all friends here and no one is outstaying their welcome, provided you're willing to stop clenching fists toward me?"

Even if the protection didn't, that was little matter. Tarsin understood the situation, he was the employer, it would be on him to handle Mercy should anything continue and go awry. But for whatever reason, the presence of life force just seemed to increase, though whether from Mercy - or another - it was difficult to say. It seemed to be centralized, in the group's immediate vicinity, but it was also separate... like another was in tune with the Force. Another that was--

"Above us."

Aktur looked up. His black eyes stared at the ventilation grating overhead. And then everything went into a state of sudden and unexpected chaos!

aktur_banner2.png

AT THE SAME TIME...

From the front entry, a speeder careened through the structure, exploding onto the scene with a deafening crash. Metal, glass, signage, and all sorts of debris were hurtled through the air, towards club-goers and Nexus employees and security alike. The music and lights added to the incident, which resulted in a collective state of panic - screams, shouting, injuries and attempts to flee the horror of the crash started in earnest.

Near Kad Munin, the Pantoran A'jah coughed up blood as she lay on the ground beside the table. Her light-blue hands were pressed to her neck, as her eyes bulged and she tried to stop the bleeding from a slice due to debris. The wound was deep, life was slipping from her, and the young sentient knew she was dying. - "Ah... gluu--..." Her words were gargled, pink at the edges of her lips. "Hel...p..." - but with a shudder, her hands and arms relaxed, and pressure on her neck ended and she lay there with dead, open eyes...

"Someone crashed into--"

"--somebody call emergency serv--"

"--run, run it might explode!--"

A cacophony of voices and screaming continued, as people around tried to make sense of what had happened. And after the initial moment, once the speeder had stopped, the establishment workers and civilians alike had a moment to morbidly observe the source of destruction. Law enforcement had been called, medical services were on the way, but more importantly several security guards employed by the Nexus bar approached the strange individual that stood behind the speeder... the a lone individual in a mask, who uttered the words:

"Bring it on, bitches."

"What? Did you do this?" Called a guard. "He drove the speeder into the Nexus on purpose!"

"Get him!"

The guards charged.

Before he could even get an answer from A'jah, the front of the building caved in, sending glass and debris everywhere. He didn't even have an opportunity to jump ahead of her to try and shield her at all; the best he could do was raise an arm, bend down, and let the initial spray of shrapnel slam into his armour. Metal and transparisteel bounced off, smaller fragments being deflected by the cape he wore.

They'd told him he was ridiculous, buying a blast-resistant, armourweave cape to wear with his armour.

Not so ridiculous now, is it?

He came to his feet out of the booth a moment later, unharmed except for a few new scratches on his plates. Once glance down at A'jah, coughing and gurgling, told him everything he needed to know about her chances of getting by; more important was grabbing the person who threw a speeder through the doorway. Two blinks activated his heads up display, which immediately trained on the new entry into the bar, a second before they immediately leaped up to the second level.

"Give me that," Kad growled at one of the guards, grabbing the blaster rifle out of their hand; a second later, before any protest could be made, his repulsorpack activated, and he followed the red-armoured interloper up a floor; once he was up high enough, before even landing, he trained the rifle on Kyric Kyric and opened fire.

Tarsin Kenn

T
A little holdout blaster appeared in Tarsin's hand as he crouched behind the table. Four precise shots compromised the bolts holding the table to the floor. He shoved the table over on its side, which gave decent shelter to the booth, including Aktur Seii Aktur Seii .

The violence was getting too close, too quickly. Between the crash and the masked attackers—

Tarsin looked up at his imposing bodyguard, whose instincts about departure had been spot on. Delayed, but accurate nonetheless.

"An exit please, Mercy Mercy ."

Last edited by a moderator:
"It seems we have more pressing issues Mr. Talran." Taezo replied to Aktur Seii Aktur Seii 's associate. The droid pulled out a blaster pistol and kept it ready. A scan of the room indicated that people in the room were either too inebriated or drugged to understand what was going on or pulling weapons like Taezo. Thankfully the room was calm enough that no one opened fire on the rest of the bar. Most recognized it as an external threat.

"Kwik what's the status? What's happening out there?"

"Some guy remoted a speeder into the front of the bar. One guy in red seems to be claiming the attack. Guards are engaging. You want us to assist?"

"Not yet. Try to establish a perimeter around the building. Backup is coming with probability of .8104. I want to know what we're dealing with. Do not engage unless absolutely necessary." Taezo ordered, then looked over at Talran. He seemed a bit shaken.

"I'm sure your man has a means of escape on the floor above. We're taking it. Our meeting will have to be in motion." Taezo said forcefully.

Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Tarsin Kenn Mercy Mercy Kad Munin Kad Munin Kyric Kyric Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Black Mynock Black Mynock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom