Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Nexus; a trending bar on Denon

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

THE NEXUS
DENON

aktur_banner.png

When his - now - business partner suggested they may very well of had interests beyond the Reveries juncture, Aktur's smile broadened somewhat, as he held her hand. After a few moments, he pulled his own hand back, though perhaps his fingers had lingered a little. After all, as Ms. Stroud had said, the night was, indeed, young and the pair had time to explore with a tour.

"My, my, Ms. Stroud," Aktur said in a low voice, dark eyes regarding her, with the hint of a smile in them. "If I'm not careful, you might very well cause me to blush. Such a compliment... from an equally attractive sentient, if not more so."

The Donna excused the protection, brooding and silent as he was, to which Aktur glanced at Mr. Van-Derveld's departure. He noted the hand gestures, knew them as signals, though the meaning was unknown. Yet, the Crime Lord could hazard a guess. It mattered little, though, as Aktur had no reason to jeopardize a new venture and potential beneficial relationship, not with something so blasé as threats or violence.

No, Ms. Stroud was Aktur's guest, so she would be treated as such.

And perhaps a little more.

"A tour it is, then," Aktur said as he pushed to his feet and stood. He offered a hand, to assist the other to her feet, should it be used, then turned to the office. "My office, a newer addition. I had mainly operated the Nexus off-site, however felt that precautions for unfortunate displays of vigilante escapades might require a space for myself and guests. It is reinforced within the walls, boasts a number of anti-sensor and scanner measures, is routinely swept for devices and has been made to withstand all but orbital bombardment."

If an enemy sought to deliver that much damage to the Nexus, they deserved it for the effort.

"I am not typically someone who spends copious amounts of credits, however the desk is made of solid body-wood. One of the finest tree-based fibrous structural tissues in the galaxy, you might note the scarlet streaks through the pink colorization," Aktur walked closer to the desk, as he reached out and brushed his fingers over the corner. "In time, those streaks will fade, showing the age of the desk... but for now, it remains a feature."

Still, the Crime Lord doubted the Donna wanted to stare at desks. So, instead, he turned toward her and stepped closer. Aktur lifted out his right arm and offered to guide Ms. Stroud, if she decided to loop her own through his, before he asked:

"Shall we move into the club proper?"

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory reached out, accepting the offer - standing to her feet with Aktur's assistance. She smiled at him, violet eyes sparkling as the two stood close to one-another... before her counterpart began speaking, indicating his office:
"My office, a newer addition. I had mainly operated the Nexus off-site, however felt that precautions for unfortunate displays of vigilante escapades might require a space for myself and guests. It is reinforced within the walls, boasts a number of anti-sensor and scanner measures, is routinely swept for devices and has been made to withstand all but orbital bombardment."

If an enemy sought to deliver that much damage to the Nexus, they deserved it for the effort.

"I am not typically someone who spends copious amounts of credits, however the desk is made of solid body-wood. One of the finest tree-based fibrous structural tissues in the galaxy, you might note the scarlet streaks through the pink colorization," Aktur walked closer to the desk, as he reached out and brushed his fingers over the corner. "In time, those streaks will fade, showing the age of the desk... but for now, it remains a feature."

Ivory stepped forward, inspecting the room with a new eye... taking in the fine decor as-if she hadn't noticed it before. She paid particular attention to the masks & collectibles lining the walls, intrigued by them immediately. Then, she approached the desk while Aktur spoke about it, admiring the gorgeous craftsmanship... The wood appeared to have been painted in small streaks of blood which had seeped into the fibres, creating a unique blend of earthy brown & scarlet red. Whatever wood it was, she was entirely unfamiliar with it.

With a single painted fingernail, she reached out - following his lead - and running her fingertip gently along the surface of the desk, finding it smooth & cool to the touch. "It really is beautiful." She said. "I have a simple desk in my office back on Coruscant... nothing like this." It was true. Perhaps she needed to invest some credits in such a thing.

"We have similar tastes... My office is decorated similarly, though yours is definitely bigger." The Donna flashed a grin in her companion's direction. Her perfect teeth flashed like a solar flare in the gentle lighting of the room.

They certainly did have similar aesthetic tastes.

"Shall we move into the club proper?"

"Mmm." Ivory hummed, reaching out after a moment's hesitation to link her arm with his. She stepped in close, taking a breath - noting the scent of his cologne. "Please. And perhaps we'll catch that drink." She would follow his lead, wherever he were to go.

Aktur Seii Aktur Seii

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

THE NEXUS
DENON

aktur_banner.png

Aktur regarded the office momentarily, as he considered.

"Similar tastes, indeed," He agreed, before he glanced back to Ivory. "Though I may have to take your word on the size comparison... unless, of course, I visit your office to see for myself in the future."

The smirk that accompanied the implication was playful, even as it was time to exit the office and enter into the club beyond the soundproof walls. When the door opened, the difference in sound was almost deafening, as the thumping music and raised voices filtered in. Aktur walked alongside Ivory, as the office locked behind the pair, and they started to casually walk the peripherals of the establishment.

"You might notice the new internal facades, fully replaced, inlaid with electrum," Aktur began as he brought notice the walls of the club. "A costly design choice, but when the insurance is covering an act of terrorism and is paying for - basically - everything? Why not."

The pair were on the promenade above the dance floor, the upper levels protected by railing. The Crime Lord peered down, content to observe for a moment, before he continued:

"The structure has been reinforced with beskar, which - funnily enough - was readily available in large quantities... who would have thought?"

The highly durable metal had been imported, at great cost, but it had been worth it. The likelihood of another speeder incident was very low, especially now that the speeder would likely bounce right off. But, sentients could be stupid, it remained to be seen if the masked vigilantes tried something equally stupid again...

"There are also now some suppression defenses within, some defensive measures without, and more security to assure safety for paying customers."

Aktur let out a chuckle as he reached over and touched a finger to Ivory's arm, brown eyes looking at the tattoos on the pale skin.

"These are curious... what do they signify?"

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
The Donna laughed at the implication, flashing a knowing look at the suggestion… but, she was not entirely against the idea either. "I would be happy to have you as my guest on Coruscant. If you prefer the Denon Night-life, however, you might be disappointed… The Star Lounge caters to a slightly more," she paused, "sophisticated clientele."

The difference in volume was staggering as Aktur opened the door, and the pair vacated the office. Ket Van-Derveld had disappeared downstairs, leaving the two Crime Lords to their own devices. Relaxed, Ivory followed her guide dutifully - staying at his side as they began to roam the periphery of his vast nightclub. She joined her handsome counterpart, leaning against the railing as the bone-jarring bass reverberated through the air. The beat of the song matched the timing of her heartbeats, speaking to her primal instincts like a Siren's Song.

She listened as he described the significant increases to The Nexus' internal & external defenses. A grin returned to her lips at the mention of insurance & cost.

Why not, indeed?

The attack on the night-club had only served to empower the Crimson Dawn. Such a blessing-in-disquise certainly seemed worth the temporary concern.

She was about to comment on Aktur's decision to veil his own safety with concern for The Nexus' customers, but found herself thrown slightly off her step when a gentle caress trailed along her bare arm. She looked, following Aktur's finger with her eyes… before looking back at his face.

Her heartbeat quickened in her chest… but that had to be the music.

Ivory flashed a toothy smile at his query.

"These?" She asked, indicating the line of geometric shapes in a pattern woven into her flesh. Some were jagged, like the teeth & spines of a predatory beast, while other shapes were angular - similar to Military Ranks. The work had been completed by an expert, but upon closer inspection, her skin would have showed the telltale signs of the artist's primitive methods. She'd been inked by someone with a heavy hand, and a needle dipped in ink… which had been hammered over long, grueling hours into her skin. "A badge of honor." She replied, wetting her lips. "Earned by keeping to my word."

The succinct explanation clearly didn't do the piece justice, nor did it explain the numerous other symbols & pictograms etched into her skin. But, it would be obvious that each held deep meaning.

Her body was a canvas, and she'd detailed her triumphs & failures upon it in a language only she knew.

For a moment, she was silent… perhaps recollecting the events which led to the design's creation. But then, she reached out, slipping her arm casually into Aktur's elbow.

"How about that drink?" She asked, bringing her lips close to his ear. Her breath caressed his neck, hot against his skin.

Aktur Seii Aktur Seii

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ

THE NEXUS
DENON

aktur_banner.png

Aktur grinned.

"A visit to Coruscant at some point, then," He confirmed, before he chuckled. "And don't worry about me. I'm very adaptable, every level of society has something of interest, I think."

The response to the touch was met with a smooth smile from Aktur, as he listened to Ivory explain the meaning of the tattoos. Or at least the significance. It seemed the Donna felt so strongly about keeping to one's word that she was willing to put it to skin, somewhat permanently. That was an interesting statement, and on the face of it Aktur believed she believed it a good thing; but there was no accounting for others, who might not be so invested in maintaining their word, and having a constant reminder for good or bad.

For Aktur, memory - and grudges, if necessary - were perfectly fine.

"Well, while I might not indulge in such an inking process," The dark eyed sentient whispered, as he remained closer to Ivory. "I do not break my word, either. Not unless there are extenuating circumstances beyond my control that make it impossible to keep, of course... but I don't see that being a problem for us."

Always enter into new arrangements with positivity, after all.

"And yes, another drink," Aktur nodded as he began to walk back the way the pair had come, toward the stairs. "So, Ms. Stroud, do we have more business to discuss or are we at the more pleasurable part of the evening?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom