Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Museum of Eliad

Rhi winced as she stepped over the broken glass littering the floor of the Museum of Eliad, grateful that she had decided to wear thick-soled boots. After the Council meeting, where the Sith Order had killed off most of the native nobility and cowed the rest into submission with the fear of death and a few party favors, the Museum had been raided. Well, the Triumvirate were efficient, she would give them that, even if the entire affair had proven rather short and dull.

The Museum, though? This place sounded interesting. She was a little dismayed to know that others had already plundered it, but she also had an inflated sense of confidence in her own ability to wrest a few treasures for herself. Even if she had to rob the robbers, so to speak.

With a toss of her long blonde hair, she began her hunt for relics.

Malum had finally bit the bullet, he had asked for the Guard to be sent to Eliad, and with the ruthless efficiency and speed it was known for, a detachment had arrived from Jutrand.

Though that was in itself a disingenuous truth, the Guard above all else held a focus on covertness, and thus had made up for the impossibility of such a fast speed, in the fact that the Guard was already on Eliad.

Not the entire Guard, mind you, but the Guard was stationed wherever Marrs were, Malum had placed himself as an exception to that, but the Marrtaniels of Eliad had never done so, and when he asked for his father for aid, the first time he had spoken with his father for near a year, the Guard detachment from Eliad had quickly moved to his position, the Grand Museum of Eliad.

He could almost feel the disappointment radiating from them, they had come here, neat and organised, blasters and blades in hand, expecting a fight, a battle, a war in the ruins of the museum, instead all they had found was him. And while Malum certainly thought highly of himself, there was something that the thrill of battle did to even the most hardcore junkie.

Still, none of them complained, some made jokes, and he made them right back, but it was not within the nature of the Guard to be dissatisfied with a Marr, many of them were raised from birth to serve the family, while others were paid enough to be more than satisfied with any job they were given.

In this case, the job turned out to be moving various precious materials, mostly art, relics, artifacts, and other such items to the central room. From there they would conceal it as best they could, and begin the transportation of all the goods to a determined position to bring forth the transports and begin the movement of the objects to various safe places both Tsis'Kaar and Marr held. Among the first favours he was to ask of his Mistress, he hoped she would not ask for much in return.

"Scion Marr," A voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts, as Malum leaned back on a particularly providential throne, gem-encrusted, and lathered in gold, silver, and platinum. A bit gauche, certainly, yet Malum could not deny that he had always felt curious about sitting in such ancient thrones. Those of great conquerors, great builders, warriors, still, as expected it was far from comfortable, "There is a woman approaching the Museum, we have not moved to strike as per your instructions, but she seems to be rather... confident." The voice sounded again, Malum's attention back to the voice, rather than the uncomfortableness at his back and rear.

Most curious, was Lady Venge back? Odd for her not to announce herself.

"Thank you for the report, continue as instructed," Malum responded to his wrist comms, as he drummed his fingers along the handrests of the throne. It likely was not Lady Venge then... perhaps the looters he had feared would come had finally indeed arrived? Rather late, especially as this woman seemed to be the vanguard of them. Odd.

"Continue moving the items, I will sort this out myself," Malum stated, stepping off the throne, with silent nods being given by the assembled Guards.

It was enough to see the blonde hair, and the emerald eyes, for his crimson blade to be drawn in front of him.

His eyes blazed in a similar colour, as anger fought with rage inside of him, his brows were drawn, his features hostile.

"Rhiannon." His voice seethed, fangs baring themselves.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Rhi yelped in surprise as Malum suddenly appeared in front of her just as she was turning a corner.

"Rhiannon."

Rhi groaned, but was quick to recover from the shock and dismay of seeing him again. "Malum," she said, resting her hands on her hips.

He had already drawn his blade, bathing the hallway in red light. She didn't bother to do the same.

"What are you doing here? Looting the museum?" she asked.

So it was not Lady Venge, damn his ill fortune, that it had to be another lady entirely, but this time one that had every intention to kill him, and he had every inclination to respond in kind.

Still, his blade did not press forth in attack.

Her words had given him some unexpected pause.

"She remembers your name?" His mind whispered, as confused as he was.

The katana she had drawn in their last duel remained unseen as well, which meant that for all his desire to press forth and eliminate the threat before him, it would be far from a fair fight, even discounting that much, if she wanted to speak, she could have the privilege of last words.

He brought his blade back to verticality, allowing her some space, a show that combat would be avoided for at least the new few moments.

"I do not see it as your business, my lady," Malum said with bite, as he stared past her for a moment, seeing no others and realising that she had indeed seemingly come alone, "But if you must know, this museum and everything within, has been claimed by me, I will not have it fall into the hands of those... unworthy."

Allow her to make what assumptions she wished, the more time they spoke, the more time the Guard could have to continue to move the items, more time to surround her when the realisation dawned that their charge had not checked in.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"I do not see it as your business, my lady."

"I'm not much of a lady," Rhi said, putting a stick of gum in her mouth. "I would think you of all people would've realized that by now."

He had claimed the Museum and all its contents already. Figures. She chewed her gum, snapping bubbles thoughtfully.

"Is there anything particularly cool or interesting in here?" she asked. Now was his chance to gloat, although in truth she was just curious. Wealth didn't interest her as much as unique and remarkable items did.

She sighed. "I don't really want to fight you again. If it's not worth my while, I'll just leave. Are you still pissed at me over what happened with, uh..." She had already forgotten the name of the lady she had killed. "Or are you willing to let bygones be bygones?"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Malum blinked, then blinked again.

Indeed she had casually pulled out a piece of gum and was chewing on it without the slightest bit of concern.

"I'm not much of a lady... I would think you of all people would've realized that by now."

What exactly did she mean by that? Was she stating she was not noble? That was believable, if an iota of curiosity, she was a rather good actress than, to have pulled off her performance on Eliad, those few weeks before. Though, was that what she was speaking of, nobility? That did not feel too accurate, what matter was it to him if she was not noble, a further reason to dislike her? He was not so prejudiced, he had several non-noble friends after all!

Did she mean she was not honourable, not a genial, polite, and delicate woman? That seemed far more evident in her words, but indeed they were self-evident as well. She had drugged him after all, and had fought with him with a strength and will that had initially underestimated.

That had cost him.

And it certainly would not happen again.

The grip on his blade tightened.

"Is there anything particularly cool or interesting in here?"

He blinked again, another set of words that threw him for a loop. Was she fishing for intelligence? If so, it was a rather clumsy way to go about it, to directly ask him, to ask someone who was already clearly on edge, who was clearly a foe.

Which meant that it was seemingly a genial question.

"Artwork, relics, antiques... what you would generally find in a museum, I would say," Malum answered carefully, the ring on his finger still was warm to the touch, and of course back in the central containment room there were the most interesting of creations, all for himself of course, which meant he had to keep Rhiannon oblivious of them.

His eyes flashed dangerously as the rest of her words were transmitted across.

"Yes... I would say I am still 'pissed' as you would put it, over Lady Sypha," He barred his teeth as if fangs at that, how dare she forget her name? "But... as I know now, you are apparently the Lady Dinn, and unfortunately, Darth Empyrean is far above me... for now, yet as it stands, I cannot strike at his daughter by marriage, can I?" He said, calmy enough, restraining himself as he said out his words.

Seeing her again on the Yacht was a surprise, seeing her hand in hand with Arcturus was even more of one. He had been sorely tempted back then, to reveal what had taken place between them, but that would have been petty... or at least pettier than he was willing to go for. At the very least, with his brief meeting with Arcturus, he knew that he did not deserve that, even if Rhiannon certainly did.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Boy, this guy was an overthinker, wasn't he? Rhi could practically see the wheels spinning in Malum's mind as he considered every little thing she said, scanning her words for clues, signs, and portents. Alas, if he was looking for more trickery, he'd be sadly disappointed. Rhi was not interested in deceiving him at the moment. That schtick had already run its course.

She didn't expect him to give a real answer to her question about the Museum exhibits, so that was no surprise. His revelation about her identity, on the other hand, did elicit a faint groan. "Ugh, don't remind me," she said. "I can't stand my in-laws."

She blew another bubble with her gum until it popped. "And you're apparently the apprentice of Darth Ophidia herself. See, if I had known that, maybe I would've thought twice about trying to eat you. Delicious as you would've been, judging by the taste I got...

"Anyway, if nothing else, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bring up what happened at Sypha's party to Arcturus, but I don't really care. So if you're hoping to blackmail me with it, that's not going to work.
" Arc was something of a cannibal himself, after all. He would understand what a pain in the ass it was to lure sentient prey, and why she would use seduction as a means of securing a meal. The fact that she hadn't succeeded in consuming Malum's essence was an annoyance, but not a fatal failure. She got what she needed in the end.

"I can't help but wonder if Darth Ophidia would be amused by how easily her apprentice was lured in by a low-cut dress and pheromone-laced perfume..."

Malum grit his teeth at the end of her words, it was an embarrassing moment for him certainly, giving into the moment, into the drugs and lust, when he was on a mission. Where he had thought he was moving her out of the way to continue the objective, to gather intelligence on what her presence there was.

Instead, he was the one manipulated, the one taken on a lark.

"Amused most certainly, glad that it will never happen again, even more certainly," Malum gave with a gruff tone, his lightsaber still drawn and brandished, but at this point realising that she was no threat... or well, a definite threat, but not an immediate one.

"Have no concern, Arcturus may not be a friend of mine, but I have no desire to cause him any ill or harm, even if likely should speak to him, I doubt he appreciates his wife gallivanting with other men... unless he does, which..." Malum was not entirely sure where to go with his words, the Galaxy was a large place, and couples could act how they wished, but it was an odd thing for him to confront, his father had been far from a loyal man, but he had at the very least only recognised one woman as his partner, and that was Malum's mother. There was a traditionalism, a monogamy that existed within the Marr family, it was odd to see it so easily thrown away with others.

He deactivated his lightsaber as the realisation of her words regarding Darth Empyrean sunk in, leaving it in his hands, to be quickly activated if need be, but otherwise now having an idea in his mind, Darth Empyrean was no friend of his, and indeed the threats to his family still ran deep in his mind. If she was against him... she could be useful, her and Arcturus both.

Sons had a habit of overthrowing their fathers.

It was enough for him to wave aside the disturbing implications of him being eaten, truly too many women in his life had said something of that effect to him.

"Not an ally of Darth Empyrean then, interesting... who do you serve then, Lady Dinn?"

"... I doubt he appreciates his wife gallivanting with other men... unless he does, which..."

The insinuation in his words elicited a look of disgust from Rhi. "Oh, feth off. As if I would've allowed things to go that far. Especially with a little boy like you." She rolled her eyes.

It was hard to miss the way his eyes lit up once he realized she didn't like Empyrean, no doubt thinking of ways he could spin her antipathy to his advantage. Oh, no you don't. "I serve myself and my loved ones," she replied. "I don't give two chits who runs the Empire. I'm just here because Arc wants to be close to his parents—even if I can't imagine why." Not to mention that Empyrean and Srina were about to have children of their own, who would inevitably be prioritized over the adopted Arcturus. But that was supposed to be a secret.

Though she spoke with a superior tone, Rhi was not naïve as to the precarity of her position. Had she not been Arc’s wife, she almost certainly would’ve been among those assassinated by Empyrean after the conquest of Jutrand. But then if she wasn’t with Arc, she likely wouldn’t be here in the first place.

About those museum exhibits..." she began, hoping to change the subject.

Malum gave a small smile, filled with mockery and condescension, well that had certainly gotten a reaction.

He raised his hand in mock surrender, "Of course, you would never have let things go that far, my apologies for insinuating as much, I forget sometimes, you're a married woman, of course, you're older than me... madam," He had his most recent birthday pass him by a few weeks ago, but that still placed him in his early twenties, a quick gaze up and down, emphasis on the down, the short-statured and winged woman was evidently in her later twenties, indeed was that even a wrinkle by her cheek?

Still, the smile became rather fixed when she did disclose her loyalties. Against Empyrean in an apathetic manner, it seemed, against him enough to say so, but not enough to do anything about it. Now, if only he could force Empyrean to strike against her somehow, she would be forced to take action... however, Malum had no way to force that encounter, nor was it really worth it for a single ally, merits, and ability or not, "Well I hope that Lord Dinn has enjoyed his rise, with the rise of his father," Darth Empyrean's emperorship was a problematic course of events, yet Malum, as instructed by his Mistress, had said nothing, kept his eyes to the ground, his head down, and followed his orders for the greater good of the Sith, offered loyalty and fealty where none existed.

Still, that did not mean Malum was eager for the circumstances to remain as they were.

Malum blinked and then blinked again, as his mind comprehended her latest question, after what could be charitably called an uncomfortable pause. He had been deep in thought again while talking to someone, he was meant to stop doing that. Oh well.

"As I said, artwork, relics, and artifacts. Items that would matter little to the simpleton and undignified, but I have a warm spot in my heart for this venue, I thought it best it all be seized by someone who would appreciate them, would you not agree?" Malum was certainly of the mind that Rhiannon would get none of it, much less the artifacts of actual utility. He was certain the Nether skull staff that he had found would be of interesting to a certain someone.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Yeah, I've got no time for baby-faced kids like you," Rhi replied. "Except for lunch, of course." She made a slurping sound.

"Why don't you ask him how he feels about it?" In fact, Rhi knew quite well what Arc's view of princehood was, but she wasn't about to spill the beans to such an obvious opportunist as Malum of House Marr. Force knew what he'd do with the information. Probably take it and run with it as far as he possibly could.

The insult to her age had barely left an impression, but the insinuation that she was "simpleton and undignified" earned him a glare. "Simpleton is a noun, not an adjective," she said coolly. "If you're so sentimentally attached to this place, I suppose you wouldn't be open to making a trade deal. Not even with the Emperor's daughter-in-law..." She may not have been on good terms with Empyrean, but the relationship had its material benefits. Wealth and property and whatnot, to say nothing of influence.

Malum gave the slurping sounds coming from the woman opposite him, the withering and disgusted look that it certainly deserved, "Yes, of course, however, I can only wonder how many you manipulated to um... have lunch, as you put it." How many had she manipulated with her womanly wiles to achieve that, he did not know, and truly, did he want to know? He could only hope that her exact wording was not actually implying she went after kids... he was able to defend himself from her attempt, but how many others would be? Truly, a dangerous woman, one not to be trusted.

"I might just have to do that, I have not seen him since the Yacht, and it was not like we had much opportunity to speak there," Malum replied genially enough, Arcturus in their few meetings seemed very different to his father, even if that was explained away by the fact that they were not blood relations, it was odd enough that Darth Empyrean in raising him had not invoked and influenced his development to be similar to himself. Did that speak of Darth Empyrean perhaps having been very different in the past? Did it speak of him being very different behind closed doors? Or did it speak to Arcturus rebelling against the kind of man Darth Empyrean was? Or perhaps the even more dangerous possibility, was that he was exactly like Darth Empyrean, just much better at hiding it than Malum would have considered possible.

All possibilities to consider, most certainly.

Malum's features relaxed, and he offered a cool smile at the responses that Rhiannon gave to his words, "Of course, simpleton is not an adjective Lady Dinn, I would never describe you as a simpleton... but to call yo-, I mean others, simpletons, well I would say that is accurate," Was there any point in needlessly aggrandising her? No, not at all, and his Mistress would likely smack him at the back of his head for it, but truly, he could not find himself caring too much, he neither liked the woman before him nor did she seem to serve a function for him...

His eyes widened a slight, as the last of her words hit home, to initially claim a charitably put, distant, relationship with the Emperor, and then to claim that position in negotiation with Malum, it was an interesting prospect, even if he was not certain if he should trust it.

"What kind of trade deal? Have you much to offer?" There was much in the central room that he could be convinced to part with, at the right price. And there was even less, that he would never like to part with if he could help it. Even less, that he would never part with, requiring someone to pry it from his dead desiccated corpse.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Yes, of course, however, I can only wonder how many you manipulated to um... have lunch, as you put it."

"Usually just one soul a day, unless I'm on a starvation diet." She shrugged. "A girl's gotta eat."

She paused as if mulling over her extensive riches. "There's quite a lot to choose from. I have my own private collection of artifacts, if that interests you. I am an alchemist, and my husband is an artificer, if you wish to commission something from one of us in exchange.

"But of course, I'd be an idiot if I didn't ask to see the goods first. So show me what you've got.
"

Malum could still only look at the woman with a mix of disgust, and wither, now with the addition of unease, she was speaking very candidly about her... dietary and culinary interests, "I do hope your tastes remained above board, the young do not deserve such a fate!" He spat out, tempting to brandish his lightsaber again, but breathing out slowly and calming himself down.

As she went over what she offered, Malum grew curious, unnamed artifacts of some value, he would certainly need specifics before they went further, and she was an alchemist while Arcturus was an artificer, he filed away both details in his mental notes, both were useful pieces of information, that could certainly come into use in the future.

"Ah-ah, not quite, what are the limits of your alchemy and your husband's artificery? What are the best of your artifacts?" Malum was buying for time to a degree, maximising the chances that the Guard was moving away what was left of the better items, the very best having been packed early morning, but he was also hoping for some more details, both to know the limits of their power and to see if she truly had anything he would wish to trade away for, "An interesting enough relic I have found is a staff with a skull, which seems to exude an icy cold energy." He offered a morsel of one of the most interesting items, a bait on the line of a hook, to draw her in further.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"I do hope your tastes remained above board, the young do not deserve such a fate!"

"I don't eat little kids, if that's what you mean. Everyone else is fair game." She snapped her gum. "Also, if you've got a problem with vampires and cannibals, I don't think the Sith Order is for you. We have a lot of those types. Too many, to be honest..."

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua , Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , Darth Moskvin Darth Moskvin , Darth Strosius Darth Strosius - all of them were out there eating people on the regular. Malum needed to get with it or get out of it.

She pouted when he refused to answer her question, but there was mischief in her gaze. Two could play at this game. "If you must know, I specialize in perfumes imbued with the Force. Like that stuff I used to dull your senses at Lady Sypha's palace. When it comes to making Sithspawn, I have connections.

"Arc is a far better artificer than I am an alchemist. All these trinkets I'm wearing," she reached up to touch the chain around her neck, and flashed her wedding ring, "my blade, my pocket sands, and so on, were made by him. He is the god of the forge, a master of creativity. As for artifacts, we have mainly books and Sith scrolls. Ancient Sith knowledge. Would that interest a budding young acolyte like you?"

He described a specific item, a staff with a skull. "Ooh, intriguing. Have you figured out what it does yet? Why is it so cold?" She played up the dumb blonde persona, hoping to stroke his ego a bit and get him to fork over more information as proof of how smart and capable he was, or at the very least to propose a theory as to the staff's purpose that would make him look smart.

The woman could be described as bipolar at best, in one instance discussing morbidly how most people, himself included were free game to have their souls eaten, and in the next switching to a far more... friendly? Pouty? Expression and curiosity about one of the artifacts in his possession. Was it some trick, likely, but this was Darth Empyrean's in-law, and it was equally as likely that she was not exactly... firm, mentally.

Still, it was best not to underestimate her, especially when she actually did make some valid points.

"I have no issue with vampires and can-" He paused, that would be a lie, there was much to say about the faults in both of those kinds of people, he breathed out, as he organised his thoughts, "Indeed, too many, I have no... grievous fault with either, as long as both keep their... practices, far from me and my kin," The irony that he was currently head over heels over one certain member of their group, did not strike him at all.

His expression grew rather fixed as she went on to describe what alchemical talents she had, being reminded of the perfumes which had lowered his inhibitions enough to be manipulated was far from what he wished to hear, nor was it an offer he was interested in. It was useful potentially, sure, but would he stoop so low? No. The offer of Sithspawn was interesting too, though, it was so far out of his wheelhouse, that he had no idea what use he would have for them.

His expression warmed as she went on to discuss her husband's skills, and the revelations were impressive, to say the least. Now he did not know of the effects of the chain around her neck or her wedding ring, but she was certainly implying that they had some effect. When she mentioned her blade, Malum gave a thoughtful nod, he certainly knew of the potency of that, he had come face to face with it after all, and any blade that could go toe to toe with a lightsaber was impressive. Though he had to give a confusing look at the mention of the latter product... pocket sand? He could guess the use by the name, he had heard of many ancient battles coming to a close by the act of the fallen man's desperation to grab whatever was on the ground and throw it into the eye of the opponent. Dishonourable surely, but victory was granted regardless. And of course, it was hard to ignore the rumours of the connection Arcturus had with sand, Malum was not entirely sure of the reasoning for the linking of the man and sand, but it was there, and it was perplexing as it was humorous. Still, this pocket sand seemed to confirm those rumours, and moreover, seemed to confirm that he did work with sand in some major capacity, curious indeed.

It spoke heavily of the skills of Arcturus, and he truly was impressed. Perhaps he would need to meet with the man in the distant future regardless of this current meeting with his wife, there was a great many things that could be commissioned that would be to his benefit after all.

Malum realised his thoughts had gone away from him again, as the last of Rhiannon's words washed over him. Ancient Sith books and scrolls were always something he would desire, always something worthwhile knowing and learning, but never a guarantee of any functional use, a risk, a gamble then. Would they be worth surrendering some of what he had seized?

Potentially.

Taken aback as he was by her change in persona, he answered as best as he could, "I have no hard proof of anything, considering my short time with the object, however considering some... context I have found, I believe it has some connection to the Nether, while in regards to its use..." He trailed off, he had his suspicions, as much as it was likely that she did, the question was did he wish to confirm them? "I believe true cryomancy would be possible, not just the standard cryokinesis," The hairs on the back of his neck stood up at that, the first expression of excitement that he would allow, perhaps others had achieved true cryomancy, in fact, it was certain that someone in the Galaxy had, but Malum never thought he would.

"As for what I would desire for it, and perhaps other items, your scrolls and books are interesting, and your husband's skills very interesting. Perhaps we might discuss that avenue... if you have the means to negotiate on behalf of your husband that is," Malum offered a smirk, as he pointedly turned away, and began walking towards the central containment room, a silent signal for her to follow.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

She watched him bend over backwards in an attempt to avoid sounding like a hypocrite. "I saw you get in the hot tub with Adeline on Darth Xyrah's ship. You're not fooling me, kid. Do you let her drink your blood? Actually, never mind. I don't want to know."

Her trick seemingly worked. Malum started running his mouth, suggesting that the staff was connected to the Netherworld and something to do with "true cryomancy". She followed him as he began to walk away, keeping her eyes open for any signs of treachery.

"Sounds neat. I want it." She smiled. "I can't force Arc to do anything, if that's what you mean. Whatever you commission from him, it better be something he actually wants to make. But yes, I can negotiate."

He was tempted to press his hands at the back of his head as he walked, trudging along without a fear in the world. Yet, doing so would have been the height of arrogance, proclaiming more certainty in the situation that he actually felt. His back was turned to her, and at every step, his hair stood up a little further, this woman behind him, that moments ago he wanted nothing more than to run his lightsaber through.

Instead, now they were negotiating, not as allies, certainly not as friends, they threw back and forth petty insults without any desire to slow or cease. Likely that would be the best they would get to, for now, it was hard to completely heal the wounds of mutual attempted murder.

"Are you always in the habit of watching half-naked "kids" in your husband's presence, Lady Dinn?" Malum said, with the smirk still plastered on his lips as his eyes made out the doorway of the central storage room, of course, Rhiannon had touched upon a topic of concern for Malum, resolving his feelings for a woman who was quite rightfully beautiful, but of course who participated in the action that would have made any sane man run away in fear. Though Rhiannon had too brought up a good point, though he doubted she did it to aid him, there were many within the Sith Order of particular tastes, of flesh and soul, either he would need to ignore them, a course that would rid of him from the getgo potential allies, indeed already made allies, Alisteri, Adeline and Moskvin. His personal misgivings regarding their tastes need not be public knowledge, and indeed, it was not as if he needed to partake in them... even if, he had been complicit... well more than complicit when he had delivered the lightsider to Adeline.

He dispelled those memories from his mind.

"I shall then need to consider what I would desire, and then await if your husband would wish to, and be able to craft it before I surrender the staff," He was not certain if he wished to part with the staff, though he had to wonder when exactly he would use such a thing, staff was a large and clunky weapon, and both his hands were already spoken for. His eyes glanced down to the fire ring around his fingers, it was not as if it was that item, the ring was at the very least convenient, "And if you are interested in that, I have another item that you may be interested in, some scrolls of a tongue that I have been unable to translate nor decipher, would it not be convenient to trade them for your scrolls, you may have better luck with them than I?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Are you always in the habit of watching half-naked ‘kids’ in your husband's presence, Lady Dinn?"

Nah, just observant. There was a lot going on at that party, but you getting half-naked in the hot tub with Adeline was one of the weirder moments. Didn’t she also fondle you with her tail?” She laughed. “If you two are getting freaky, you’ve officially lost your right to complain about the likes of me.

As they entered the next room, she stretched and looked around. Malum tried to convince her to take some scrolls instead, but she shook her head. “Maybe if I was a linguistics scholar, I’d be hot for some untranslated writings. But I’m not. I want that staff.” She had her own reasons for being interested in it. "There must be something you want. Or maybe you'd like something made as a gift for someone else, hm? Something that would impress a certain vamp, perhaps..."

"You have been really observant if you noticed the tail among everything else at that party," Pink dusted his cheeks at the reminder, before he banished it away, turning to face her, as he walked backward, nearing the entrance, "Are you sure you do not have something to confess?" He gave an overly exaggerated joking leer up and down Rhiannon, "Because while I have rules against sleeping with married women, I can make an exception," A smile was present on his face, clear that he only meant it as a jape, the lighting changed as his body crossed the border of the hallway to the main room, turning around again to face the Guard, some gave him questioning looks, others curious, but all were confident that he was safe enough, at the very least that was what he took away from the lack of drawn weapons.

Unfortunately almost immediately she shot down the idea of trading the scrolls for her scrolls, he had assumed it would be the case, indeed it would be difficult enough to decipher and translate the scrolls, and then there was no guarantee they would impart any knowledge that would be useful, as opposed to her scrolls that had already been translated, and were assumedly of use already. It would have been a great victory to have made such an exchange, but she was no fool, and thus it was no large loss.

Still, there seemed to be some misunderstanding regarding the staff, "The staff is all yours, as much as I am concerned, the only matter is that I do wish for an artificer item, I just find myself not as imaginative as you seemingly are, with your jewelry and such, thus, am not sure what I want in exchange... I suppose I could use more protection..." He looked down on himself, standard fare, able to provide some protection, but not much, "Regarding Adeline, trust I already have a gift for her in mind," His mind's eye formulated an image of the nether staff, he had a certain feeling that she would appreciate that.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom