Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Museum of Eliad

Rhi’s eyes couldn’t roll any farther. “A word of advice,” she said, completely ignoring his offer, whether joking or not. “Take your bad experience with me and learn from it. You seem to have a weakness when it comes to women. Learn how to control that weakness, or at the very least hide it—and don’t make the same mistake again.

She doubted he’d heed her warnings, but it wasn’t really her problem, was it?

If the staff were all mine, I would take it and leave you empty-handed.” She circled around him slowly. “Protection from what, exactly? You want some bauble that will keep you safe from blaster fire? Even I could make that for you. At least choose something worthy of my husband’s skill.

Malum gave her silence for a moment, internally the wind had been taken out of his sails. All the anxiety that he felt around speaking to others ran him over like a truck. His breath hitched, as he attempted to catch himself, falling deep into the void of entropy. A blink and he was back as a child on Eliad, too terrified to move onto the dance floor, another blink, and he was sitting in the corner, debating for minutes if he should approach a group of people, and another blink, he was stumbling over his words, as he attempted to speak to a pale-haired beauty, so sure of his feelings in mind, so shameful to express them.

"Noted." He said cooly, the smile on his face, transforming into an unemotional mask, his hand trailing up to fiddle with the amulet by his neck, its warmth instantly putting him at ease.

He gazed at her carefully, as she circled around him, she would not be so bold to make an attempt while they were surrounded by the Guard, would she? Would not be so bold to make an attempt, when he could draw his sabres.

"You could try, certainly, but I doubt you would like the results... if that idea is not to your interest then... how about a ring to increase my sensitivity to the Force, one which with the excess energy granted by it, will allow me to make a doppelganger? Will that be something worthy of your husband's skill?" Malum asked with the same cool tone, and unemotional face, as she circled him, he moved as well, always keeping her at his front. It was a large ask, he felt, but Rhiannon seemed confident of their abilities, and the staff was not going to go cheaply.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Well I am glad then," Malum said, offering a genial smile, the atmosphere between them warming, if only slightly. The more important matter was the fact that Rhiannon was this confident in her husband's abilities, which could be chalked up to arrogance admittedly, however, she had essentially signed that he would make such an item. That left the far more worrying possibility, that he had such amazing skill to actually pull off such a feat... which first was terrifying, but also meant he really did need to consider letting go of the other artifacts and relics in his possession if it meant he could use more of his skills.

Though the question was, what did he wish to surrender?

The Cosmic Eldritch Staff, oozing Nether energies he was resolved to keep, an inclination that Adeline might desire it, being really the only reason, was it a bad reason? Most possibly.

The Ring of Flames he desired to keep, made Convection far more powerful, and it allowed him to finally use Pyrokinesis.

The Ice Skull Staff he had already bartered away.

The pack of scrolls she had already stated she did not want.

There was the blaster pistol he supposed, however, he doubted either Rhiannon or Arcturus were ones to use one, and though he was not one to use it either, Trayze had spoken to him at length about the good of a ranged option, and the pistol inexorably felt more accurate and comfortable in his hands than any other blaster.

Besides, he could also give it to Trayze if he found no personal use for it.

What did that leave him?

The smithing hammer, the dry skull of the beastmaster, and the inert kyber crystal, well inert to all but him.

The former may be of use to Arcturus, and the middle... was enough of a peculiarity to peake Rhiannon's interest, and truly he was no craftsman, and he did not exactly need the skull. While for the kyber crystal, he had been the only one he knew that it reacted to, but it was not as if he had truly tested it, nor did he exactly need it himself, even if researching it would have been a joy.

"I do have three other items that may be of your interest, a smithing hammer that belonged to the greatest smith of Eliad, I am no craftsman myself so I have no idea of its true purposes, however, it has retained free of rust and is as hard and sharp as ever, which seems to imply some... non-normal properties, especially as it has been centuries since the smith died," He was not sure if it was the best of pitches, but it was accurate and truthful at the very least, "And there is a dry skull of a beastmaster, if you hold it close to your ear, it whispers secrets. Quite eerie indeed, would you not agree?" He relied on the peculiarity, the potential for this one, for truly, there was not much more to say on it, "Finally, there's a dead kyber crystal, or so it would appear, near me, it comes to life, glows brilliantly, I have no idea for the reasoning for this, nor if it would react the same way for others," He integrated some mystery into this pitch, though also admittedly watered it down where he could have potentially promoted it more, he was not entirely sure if he wished to part with the crystal after all.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Last edited:
With the deal sealed, Malum suddenly became more willing to part with other items. Rhi put her hands on her hips. “And here I thought you were being stingy!

There was a cleverness to how he had held back, she supposed. Had he listed off everything he had, she would’ve chosen only the best of them. It seemed he had manipulated the transaction to ensure he would get more out of her. Well, the trick had worked on her once, but it would not work a second time.

You better not be hiding anything else,” she muttered with a toss of her head. “I already made Arc a smith’s hammer as a wedding gift, but I suppose another one wouldn’t hurt. What sort of secrets does the beastmaster whisper? And I want to see the crystal for myself.

Malum had to give a grin at the pose Rhiannon gave, their interactions thus far could certainly be characterised as ones of whiplash, but Malum could not help but be amused by the position, it was good enough that she was much shorter than him, but even more humourous that it reminded him of the looks and poses struck by his elder sisters, Caecila and Sofia, whenever either wanted something from him... or more often, telling him off for some minor action. He certainly missed them... Elise and Julia too. A sombre expression took over his grin, before he shook them both away, replacing them with his genial smile.

"No stinginess here, Lady Dinn, just business," He flashed a shiny tooth, as he considered the rest of her words, so it seemed the hammer was sold, though likely not for much of a reward, while she wanted more information of the skull and the kyber crystal, fair enough requests all things considered, he turned his gaze onto one of the Guard, "Lieutenant fetch me the kyber crystal." The man simply nodded, Malum replying with one, as he turned on his heels to face Rhiannon again.

"The crystal will be brought out shortly, as for the skull... well I believe that the essence of the man's life to still exists within his skull, he whispers of his exploits, of his life, but in doing so, reveals how he achieved what he accomplished, I have noted down myself everything I think is useful, but of course, with the skull, you would have quite the magical item, alongside the source of all those secrets." Malum had no idea if Rhiannon or Arcturus cared much for animals, he did not mind them, he had a fair few pets throughout his life, some of them still in the Manse, he should really check on them... yet he was confident the servants and his family were keeping them well attended to.

Still, it was uncertain if the Dinn couple had any love for fauna.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Malum bit his lip, it seemed he had been lucky, at the very least it seemed that Rhiannon was interested in fauna as well.

Good for him most certainly.

By this point the Lieutenant had returned, carrying with him a small box made out durasteel, a perfect holder for what appeared to be a nothing more than ruby, however Malum knew better, as the man opened the box in front of them, it shone brilliantly, what was considered just a beautiful ornament, was instead quite the weapon to kill, perhaps one of the greatest in the galaxy.

"As you can see, in my presence... it acts far more alive than what a dead crystal would be described as, as for what I want for both the crystal and the skull, if your husband's skills are as advertised, I would daresay more commissions would be the best product for me... unless you have other ideas?" Malum said simply, his grin fading back to a genial smile, his mind considering what else could be commissioned.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Oh, come on, Malum." She gestured for the box containing the crystal to be brought closer. "It may react to your presence, but I want to know if it reacts to mine. So get out of the way and let's see."

As for making more commissions, she shrugged. "As long as Arc is willing... Unless you want to commission something of me instead." Hers was a different area of alchemical expertise, but it was no less useful.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

"Ah, of course, my apologies," His cheeks flushed the appropriate amount of pink, as he nodded towards the Lieutenant to approach Rhiannon, while he himself took a few steps back. The Lieutenant remained silent as he marched towards Rhiannon, every step seeming to elicit a flicker of light from the red crystal, each flicker brighter and lusher than the other, until standing a few feet from the woman, the kyber crystal was glowing a brilliant red.

Malum hid his disappointment, it was too much to have expected that he himself would be the only one the crystal reacted to.

Yet after seeing it for so many years, seeing it react when it reacted to no one else. He had considered himself special.

He put it aside for now, whatever it was, it was still just a kyber crystal, special or not.

"Well then, I suppose that is resolved," Malum said easily, approaching closer as he considered her words, "As much as I do appreciate the alchemic arts, I cannot say I have much desire for anything in the field at current, as for artificery... for the skull could your husband fashion me a cloak that would allow me flight?" It was an odd request, but it was to fulfill an odd desire, who did not wish to fly? And if Rhiannon's husband could truly fashion a ring to allow for the creation of a doppelganger, would flight be so difficult? "As for the crystal, a bracer that once activated would create a defensive bubble," It was strange both pitching for the usefulness of an item to surrender, and an item to gain, but it was the position he found himself in. Malum still found his defenses woefully inadequate, he currently only had his own skills, and what could charitably be described as a bomb that would only go off when he was in mortal danger.

His eyes glanced down at his amulet knowingly.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Whether it was due to the presence of the Dark Side, or simply being in the proximity of any Force User, the crystal glowed brightly upon being placed near Rhi. She smiled, evidently pleased, before glancing back up at Malum.

His request for a cloak of levitation provoked a slight snort from her, but she nodded to both commissions. "Consider it done. I think Arc will enjoy having the opportunity to utilize his talents." And seeing him happy made her happy.

She was beginning to feel a bit fatigued after all this bartering. There was one concern she had left, however... "Please don't tell me you've saved your best stuff for last," she said, green eyes narrowing. "If you spring another artifact on me that's even better than anything else you've offered, I swear..."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Malum's flush which had been calming down, had a resurgence for yet a moment as she snorted at the suggestion of the flight suit, he supposed it was fair, still, it did irk to have his ideas mocked so. Still, they were close to a deal, it would not do to torpedo it now over what was at best a minor slight, and likely an unintentional one at that. "Well I am glad to hear, all three items will indeed be very helpful for me in the future," And they truly would be incredibly useful indeed, all could be described as so without further explanation needed, a doppelganger ring, a flight suit, and shield braces.

All for items that were important no doubt, historically and archaeologically interesting, and the ice staff especially, incredibly useful too.

But not exactly what he would ever use, and he had gained all that he desired from them.

Malum's eyes widened slightly as her accusation came out of nowhere, how could she know he still had items left? Well, he supposed it was not too much of a stretch he would have more items, they were in Museum that he had stripped bare after all.

No, her accusation was that he had items left to spring on to her interest now.

Well he could easily admit that was not the case, he wished to keep the blaster and other staff after all.

He offered a smile, "No, no, nothing of the sort, I am not that competent of a haggler." Malum said, and that was very much true, when in his life had he ever needed to haggle? For fuel sometimes he supposed... he always felt like he got the worse of end of the deal for some reason.

Oh well.

"That is everything of special interest I thought you would be interested in, and that I wanted to let go off. All I have left here are the more standard artworks, statues, and such, If you are interested in them I had considered putting them on auction at some point to noteworthy and... affable, collectors, I am sure you and your husband count as that," Malum said easily, truly he was a tad miffed to needing to sell off the artworks, but the fact was, the artworks were not credits, and he desperately did not wish to rely on his parents, or his family for that, he was independent now after all.

Or at least that was the theory.

He really did not want to ask for help, after he called upon the assistance of the Guard.

"Other than that, all I can say is, I am glad we have made such a great agreement today, I suppose we shall meet again once your husband has finished, for the formal exchange?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom