Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Miracle Initiative

b0ISXPd.jpg

Vulpesen twitched as he sat on the surface of Csilla, his form bundled up in his coat and a few extra layers. His tail flicked and his eyes darted around. He'd done some crazy things in his life. He'd jumped out of a an escape pod lodged half way up a sith tower, jumped out of perfectly good ships into horrible battles, fought for sith and jedi since before he could legally drink, bonded with a telepathic wolf, he'd touched every life in the galaxy with the force, he'd opened a portal to hell in his bedroom. But this took the cake. He'd gone to the netherworld to save one person. Twice now, actually. 'The hell is my life?'

For hundreds of years, the zorrens were hunted like wild animals. Killed, their tails pelted, their mission to save the galaxy shattered. They were brought to the brink of extinction. Even now, after the reconstruction, Vulpesen had saved thousands... there were once billions. It broke his heart to think about. But in the place of that shattered heart, rose a blazing fire. As a jedi and a sith, he had searched for a purpose. he had thought it was war, to kill and maim every sith that he could not redeem. But now he knew better. He wasn't a soldier. He was a guardian, he was a zorren, created to protect life. And today, he was an agent of the force. He had failed to protect life. He had failed to prevent the genocide of his own people. And so now, he was here to restore it.

Behind him stood ten of Veradune's best. Each one a zorren, trained to be the elite's of Vulpesen's guard. They stood proud and tall, eager to serve their people. He could feel their pride radiating as they stood in service to the Valde. Any fear of the mission was replaced by an eagerness to do the job. The instinct within them had to be building as it was in their leader. An instinct to protect, to preserve life. But they weren't the only ones he had called. Vulpesen had reached out to others, friends that may help him in his mission to save his people. The black hand had connections, and it was growing in power. Hopefully the power it had now would be enough to help him.

He paced in front of the nether portal, taking deep breaths to calm himself. This was insane. Pure crazy, but here he was, doing it anyways, pushing boundaries once again. He was a mortal being, playing God. But balance had to be restored. Since he had entered the wide galaxy, he had watched world after world destroyed, race after race eradicated. Someone had to do something. Someone had to preserve the order. If evil would eradicate, then he would restore. "Life. Freedom. Unity."

[member="Ra'a'mah] [member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Netherworld

The mere name sent chills down the spine of the veteran, she had only visited once and it wasnt by her will at all. However a ally called her aid and this one she couldn't deny...she knew the dangers of this little mission but however she wanted to face this fear once again and she wanted to conquer this damned hell

She arrived on planet and didnt waste no time making her way to the marked location, she was fully armored and all of her weapons on her...she wasn't gonna take any risk at all.

you called for me vulpesen and here i am ready to enter whenever you are

Arriving on a planet that was as cold as Helska on a poor day. The weather might be a worry or concern for his people, but for now maybe not. She had no idea what the Netherworld was like so they might be used to being cold all the time.

What Vulps had planned was beyond what she felt they could accomplish, but they would try regardless. She knew the plight of his people and how very few remained. This plan to bring them back to life was an amazing thought and she hoped it would work. They would need some great Force artifact or something to accomplish this not just their combined abilities.

Arriving at the same time as Stardust, she followed just steps behind her. Not knowing what would be required for this venture, Ra was almost empty handed.

"Where do we begin?"

[member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen was little more than an acquaintance, one he'd met in the summit on Mirdirmorut, though the man had made an impression on him. So when he'd reached out to hire EODD's services to transport his people off Csilla he was happy to lend a hand. After all it was a way to get use out of his forces.

Just over a dozen EC20 Transports dropped out of hyperspace along with his personal ship, each with a skeleton crew of droids to make room for more of their guests. The planet below was bright with the light of their star, a brilliant white and blue orb in the black void of Chiss space. He'd never been this far out, relying on coordinates given by those he'd be meeting here, but he'd followed them to the letter and had no issues.

He wasn't the only one to answer the call. While he'd never personally met @Ra'a'mah or [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] he knew of them from their positions within the Coalition. It was a good thing others were here, hopefully they knew more than he did about what exactly Vulpesen had in mind. He found them at the marked location, and landed his shuttle only a brief walk from them all, making his way there with a handful of guards headed by Talus at his side.

[member="Vulpesen"]

@Ra'a'mah X [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] X [member="Vulpesen"] X [member="Errreembuhr"]

Cynthia trekked through the heavy winds and the biting cold. Snow built up in the crevices of her armor, her hand reached up tediously wiping the snow away from her visor. Even with her armor weave she could still feel the cool temperatures, making the woman fight the urge to shiver. All around her was like a blank canvas ready for a brush to swipe across the white sheets of the snow. The woman was last to arrive as she could see the others just on the horizon. The small jets ignited and launched her up with speed then landing just short of them. When she learnt of what was happening she felt the need to come. She needed to know for herself what was on the other side. To face manda and understand what [member="Ginnie Dib"] had faced when she passed. The thought made Cynthia clench her teeth from the disturbing thought. Things was moving faster now and she had found purpose... or rather it save her. Ginnie was her runi vod.

Cynthia looked at the others with no intention to take her helmet off. After all it was cold as chit. "Su cuy'gar, Vor entye. Sorry basic... Thank you for letting me come. I cant say my reasons are the same as yours, but I will help you in your mission to repay this opportunity." She said with held back gratitude not knowing what she was getting into. Either way she had her weapons and believed to be ready to face what was on the other side. Although, how could one really be ready to face the realm of the dead, where souls go to live in peace or eternal torture. What really awaited her on the other side. Not long ago she was ready to embrace its cold grasps, now she wasn't to sure, but this was something she had to face sooner rather than later, for if she found her self in its arms she knew where the door was, she could wait for an eternity till she could be brought back from its clutches.

and so with a deep breath in and out Cynthia nodded. "Tsikala."

Once by one, his companions arrived, and the air filled with transports, some Veran, but mostly from those that had joined him. Behind him, his tail flicked back and forth, nervously once more. "Thanks for joining me, everyone. I hope you brought plenty of guns. No telling what awaits us on the other side. But stick close to me. No matter where we are, I should be able to find the door." Once it was something that might have given him cause for a few drinks, just to get some sleep. But Finally, that itch in the back of his skull had a purpose. Only now, it wasn't an itch. It was a buzz he could barely think over. Standing so close to the portal, its presence through his link was like standing next to a massive thumping speaker.

"Brace yourselves..." Sending instructions for his men in the air to guide any other friends that might join them, Vulpesen stepped forward and into the portal. Into the netherworld...

The first thing he noticed was the howling screams of the damned that seemed to rise from the distance, each one tugging at his heart and soul, begging him to aid them. Then there was the acrid smell of brimstone that made up this part of the netherworld. For a moment, he was seized with fear. Not of the dangers, but of the size. What if he couldn't find them? What if they had scattered to far? What if they were so far he didn't have a chance? What if he failed. Stop it. Ace's voice pierced his thoughts like a lance, and he felt the weight of small companion shifting in his pocket. Right... don't think about that. Just keep moving forward. Thanks pal.

[member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"] [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Errreembuhr"] @Ra'a'mah

She nodded to her sister, she looked around seeing the group gather seeing her....well her old friend cynthia...she offered a nod to her and looked to vulp as she let a breath out and swallowed her doubt

She entered the gate

Those screams, she heard them screaming at her. She could swear she could here some of them calling at her damning her to the hell they faced. She kept moving forward shaking a bit as she closed her eyes and forced herself to ignore them. She opened her eyes and focused on the person in front of her...she didn't like this place last time ans she wasnt liking it now at all...

damn this place....

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Vulpesen had asked for her help so she was willing to give it... though his plan was kind of insane... and this coming from a jedi master who faced down a force god of fear with a small glow stick..... Matsu wanted to see some of the things though while she was standing there looking at Vulpesen until she appeared. Letting the force energies almost pop from the displacement before she was brushing herself off with her hand on her robes. "Hello." She said it looking at the others who had had assembled and this was a little strange. "I hope you know what you are doing. I was in the netherworld.. it isn't exactly the best place to be.... though I did get to meet a few beings who taught strange abilities... so maybe."

Listening to what Vulps said, she gave him a flat look when he mentioned guns. They were one of the things she hadn't trained in using. While pointing and shooting wasn't an issue, Ra was not well versed in using one.

"Guns, yeah. I have one I picked up years ago."

Knives and sabers were what she was used to. So if no Force weapon worked, she had her knives in her boots. Others were arriving along with her, so Ra knew she wasn't the last to get here. Made her feel a little better at least.

Just what she was supposed to feel here was pretty much lost on Ra. There was no fear in here, no memories of her past came up to haunt her. Not the kind of person to dwell on matters, she walked behind Vulps and even though he was supposed be the guard, she had his back this time.

Nodding to Cynthia, they had met very briefly in the past and never again. Giving Star a half a smile, she could tell the Netherworld had an affect on her friend. Turning to glance at the others, her eyes rested for a moment on Errreembuhr and she wondered what he was here for. Not one to overly question Vulps on his choices, she did this greatly when a Jedi appeared basically out of the mists around them.

She was no in her way, so Ra did not feel any animosity for her. Also having given up her Sith alliance, she hoped the dark that clung to her like a shadow was starting to go away. Her hand still rested on the butt of her blaster, but not because of the Jedi or at least she told herself this.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Errreembuhr"]

The idea of going into this place gave Errreembuhr a feeling of dread, amplified by the screams, something he hadn't felt in a very long time. THere weren't many things that the Wookiee feared. But this made him worry. At the very least his droids were well armed, with a variety of EODD blasters, one even armed with a mass-driver rifle just in case. For a droid it wasn't such a burdening weight, at least not as bad as it would be for a human, but he could still see WS-883 struggling with it. He'd have to make sure to get the droid particularly worked up once they returned home.

While everyone was preparing themselves, Errreembuhr switched his translator to basic. "If anyone needs weapons my shuttle has some extras in it," he said, having noted Ra'a'mah's hesitation. "Blasters, grenades, take what you need."

He looked then to the gate, a pair of blaster pistols on his belt, and stepped through, followed by Talus and the rest of his ensemble of battle droids.

@Ra'a'mah | [member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Vulpesen"] | [member="Cynthia Garon"]

[member="Vulpesen"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] @Ra'a'mah [member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

As Cynthia entered she felt a cold hollowing feeling and heard the screams of those who's times had passed. Her grip around her scattershot became tight from tensing up. This, this was what hell looked like. This was where she could have ended up if she had killed herself over a month ago. "This place, how could anyone come out of here sane." She said as her facial expression showed discomfort. She was only one foot through the door, and already it was all over her head. This was a time to learn what was here, to find her way to the door if she had ever ended up here through death, and who knows what she'd find to deepen her connection to life and who she could see.

Watching as Ace's head popped out of his pocket. "Welcome to hell lil buddy." He reached down to scratch behind his companion's ear while the others popped out of the portal one by one. "It helps if you have a mission. I'll admit this place ain't exactly good for the psyche, but it's worth it. And that's all the more reason for us to hurry and get my people out of here. They've spent too long in darkness." Taking in a deep breath, Vulpesen started to reach out with the force. It was difficult, especially given the Netherworld's effect on the force. Like searching through a storm, it seemed to fight and resist him, eluding his senses. "If we're lucky... I might be able to get past the nethereffect to get a peek at where they might be."

[member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She swallowed, she couldnt let this place overtake her. She swore she could hear people calling out her name...pulling on her blaming her for the atrocities of the past. She closed her eyes and moved to stand by her sister as she let a heavy breath put keeping her eyes on the person right in front of her which thankfully seemed to be [member="Vulpesen"]

truely...its name lives up...its hell...

Just then she heard a voice, it whispered...

youuuu...dare enter!

Her body froze...she heard more and more...she shook and walked a bit faster her breathing increasing...she saw vong all the ones she led and fought by and led to kill innocent people...all the families who she had killed

no...no no no no

She whispered to herself ans took a deep breath

[member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Errreembuhr"] @Ra'a'mah [member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu stood there and she was looking around her hands clasped behind her back with a small look on her face until she was moving. She remained still while two things came near her. A white haired Falleen who she embraced and felt tears welling up and there was another being. Green and shimmering with blue hair as she spoke. "You shouldn't be here." Matsu looked over at Vulps and she moved. "We'll be gone shortly, he needed the help and I was one fot he few who has come here by other means." She had trained with the spirits and a force demon that roamed around. "Is wutzek here still?" She got a look. "No he has gone out to amuse himself, some Kanzer called him to them and he is looking to make them pay." Matsu bowed seeing Vulpesen before she was walking over and the two spirits disappeared. "We should not linger, Wutzek roams around if you are not careful and he is not known for being kind."

She was not truly an empathic person. Unable to put herself in the shoes of another and feel how they felt, but when she could see how this place upset those around her, Ra would attempt to do just that. Not having known the love of a family or brought about the deaths of many, the sprits here held no sway on her.

What Stardust needed though was her support and she would provide that. Raching out a hand, she took a hold of her sister's if she allowed it.

"Stardust, what you see are hauntings from your past. Nothing can change what happened, but you can get closure here and now."

​Giving that hand a squeeze, she would remain in support as long as Star needed her. The addition of Cynthia would also be a help. They had once met, but it had hardly been anything formal or even much of an encounter. Ra did know who she was though.

Looking away from Star when Matsu spoke, she listened to what was to Vulps, but kept silent.

The Wookiee kept close to his companions, overhearing their conversations and discussions. He felt the odd one out, having not had much of a past with anyone present, let alone their leader in this expedition, though he wouldn't let it get in the way of his role and abilities. Making sure to keep close, he glanced to Talus, keeping his watch there only long enough to see the droid give a nod in acknowledgment of his unspoken command.

Just as expected two of his droids halted as the party continued forward, the sounds of the dead and damned all around having a clear effect on all, Errreembuhr included. The two turned on a dime, making their way back to the gate to stand sentry in case of emergency. Having two less beside them, especially in the face of the voices and screams all around, made the Wookiee feel on edge. And that was not a common feeling for him. Especially as he saw some within that looked far too close for his comfort like the members of his old crew.

He shook the thoughts from his head, looking back that way and seeing nothing. It would be an effort to keep his mind straight, clearly.

@Ra'a'mah | [member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Vulpesen"] | [member="Cynthia Garon"]

Vulpesen glanced around everyone, watching their reactions with the few spirits that had found them at the entrance. "Believe me, Matsu. i have no intention of staying here any longer than i intend do. If you've got any artifacts on hand that might help me connect with the force or track my people down, it'd be much appreciated." Walking over to [member="Errreembuhr"], he placed a hand on the wookiee's shoulder. "Thanks for coming. I hope you brought some ships. We're gonna need them." Looking over to [member="Cynthia Garon"], he shrugged a bit. "Feel free to ask anyone we find. Just hope that they're in a mind to answer, not to punch your face in." Then, nodding over to Ra and [member="Stardust Bloodstone"], Vulpesen continued on his path, taking deep breaths to keep himself calm. Of course, Ace's assuring presence in his mind did help a bit.

As he strode across the netherworld's barren surface, Vulpesen continued to try and connect to the force. Still, it was like a fuzz and for a moment he thought there'd be no chance. Then, as if out of instinct his hand rose to his chest, clasping around the royal talisman that hung from his neck. Instantly, it was as if a pulse of energy cleared some of the fog from his mind. It wasn't much and certainly wasn't enough to get him exactly what he wanted, but he figured that with a little more help, he might be able to find exactly where his people were hiding. "Come on Varos... help me out here."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at Vulps and she spoke staying with him. "Well I do have something but you have to understand how the force works here.... it is different. The spirits showed us that when they met the jedi and tore a small hole. Sorel was with me and we had to find a way to convince them to bring us back but it is how I found something." She was looking at him with a small look on her face of interest and amusement. She held a hand out as a white orb burned brightly before cooling and becoming prismatic. A crystalline structure that reflected a lot more to her when she looked into it. "I don't know if it can help you feel your people, it doesn't work like that. THis lets you feel so much more in the universe itself."

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Errreembuhr"] @Ra'a'mah

She recoiled a bit, staring at her sister wildly before she relaxed least nest she could within his place. Glancing around again as the spirits just kept coming... she turned away nodding to her sister

right...right...cant change the past at all only the future thats all i can do just move forward

She said out loud, closing her eyes ans taking a deep breath, she could do this...she knew she could. She kept walking with them focusing on her sister, thats what would distract her and it was helping. Her sister was the now and wasnt the past. She glanced around again, place was all that the stories made it and once she was out she was gonna write a story on it

you shouldve died a hundred times over

She heard a.....voice she couldnt even remember the name at all, she ignored them and took a breath feeling herself getting antsy again. Then she looked to the side and saw the face of a child...likely one of many she had killed...she froze and stopped shaking her head as she let go of her sisters hand

i didnt mean too...i didnt mean to kill you!

Noticing [member="Errreembuhr"] remained silent as they travelled, Ra could tell even he was on edge.

A point came for her finally when the happenings around her started to affect her. Shadowed voices from her own past came back to haunt her. They came from a time in her life she had tried to forget. In fact for a time she had, her memory had been a blank slate to her true past. Then a single trip suggested by Star had changed all that.

In her own distant past been the shadow that followed a man. He had raised, trained and taught her what he knew of being a sith. As time had passed, he fell victim of that call to the dark. As he turned more and more dark, he ordered Ra to perform certain tasks for him. Like a good apprentice she had done everything he requested...

Two children came out, a boy and girl just a couple year separate in age. Behind them were the parents. When she was a young teenager herself, her master had ordered the parents killed as they were the ringleaders behind a rebellion that was being planned against him as he was rising to power. That day had broken the young girl and after she had killed the parents, these children had returned home. The sounds they had made when their parents were discovered had driven Ra mad and she killed them too. It was the first, last and only time she had ever harmed a child. That day she how vowed she would never intentionally harm a child again and one her defining moments in her life.

Gulping, she gripped Star's hand and faced off against the family. She was not sorry for her actions that day, only for the loss of those children. Standing bravely she looked at them in silence. Moments passed and the guilty parents moved on, but the children remained. Much to the distress of Ra, even if she didn't show it.

"Let's move on Star. We may regret what has happened, but we can't help them all. Let it rest in the past. We have learned from our errors and must continue."

[member="Stardust Bloodstone"]​ [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Cynthia Garon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom