Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The @Mention features hates me...

Evi Sohl

E
Alright! I've had people trying to tag me in posts and such, and I think the problem is there's a random space somewhere in my name. Even when people successfully tag me, I don't get notified, even though all of my notifications are turned on. Whenever anyone has a moment, could you please take a look? I'll happily do whatever I can on my end to help...it's driving me crazy that I can't get tags from threads so I know when I've been replied to :(

Evi Sohl

E
Shoot...I've got apostrophes in three alt names - would it be easier to just take them out?

Yup. My guess is the punctuation. I'm guessing it breaks the name right after the first letter, and you can't have a single character username, so the mention feature can't find your user profile.

Just tell people to quote you or request to have your name changed in the Character Creation forum.

Evi Sohl

E
Ohh! Ok...the other two are well after the first few letters, so I bet that's why they're not having the issue this one does :) thank you! :)

Daella Apparine said:
Staff will investigate this. It should normally be possible to mention a name such as yours.
As members are showing, you can type it in brackets after member= ... But this doesn't resolve the automated process. Possible to exclude these characters from the script, but I'd rather leave well enough alone.

Evi Sohl

E
Akala said:
As members are showing, you can type it in brackets after member= ... But this doesn't resolve the automated process. Possible to exclude these characters from the script, but I'd rather leave well enough alone.
No worries - I don't mind taking the apostrophe out and just leaving it in my sigs & such :) Thanks for all the help, guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom