Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Jedi - Full Trailer

Enjoyed the last one, sure I'll enjoy this one, but if they can't break away from the "let's just copy the overarching plot of the originals" it's gonna feel creatively bankrupt no matter how good the individual character arcs are.

Obligatory Johnny Raincloud

:thunder:

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
I really don't know how to feel about this one...-Definitely excited !

I'm not worried about the whole similarity deal with the Original Trilogy so much as I am these Character Arcs.

So many feels...

Take my money!

TFA was meh for me. Let's see how this turns out. I'm getting the impression that they're gonna copy ESB, much like TFA copied ANH. That can go well or not. Obviously this is just a trailer, but Luke seems...lackluster.

If it's good I'll be positively surprised. I've not been a fan of the 'let's copy the OT, but make everything bigger -bigger superweapons, bigger SSDs' approach.

My theories.... spoiler tag just in case(?).

• I believe Luke is referring to Vader when he says the line about raw power. I believe this because in ESB Luke says "I'm not afraid" to which Yoda replies "You will be," they were of course talking about Vader.
  • Luke will begin to train Rey but will decide not too, either because she's so powerful and he's fearful of her becoming like Vader, or for other reasons not yet hinted at in the trailers.
  • Originally I believed "The Last Jedi" was Rey, not Luke because Luke, in the first trailer, seemed to have abandoned the Jedi Order ideals. I now believe Luke is indeed the "Last Jedi" why?
  • Well Rey will turn to the dark side of course! A few co-workers said they couldn't see her turning, because she doesn't have the hate or sorrow to drive her that way, however it's pretty clear in TFA that she feels abandoned by her family. Snoke or Kylo could exploit this to make her turn.
  • Speaking of Kylo, I am 100% certain he'll kill his mother, thereby completing his training and becoming fully immersed in the dark side. When this happens, he will not be redeemed. Unlike Vader, he will remain a dark sider until he is either killed or put out of commission by other means.
  • Snoke is still a mystery however I still firmly believe he is Darth Plagueis.
  • In the end, I believe Kylo and Rey will team up to kill Luke and then set their sights on Snoke in Episode IX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom