Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jen'Ari Empire Bounty

giphy.gif

Sigh... Vyrassu, come on. Please. You have to realize by now that you’re doing something wrong when you have two major factions after you, when you’re getting into arguments with current and former staff, and when the entire leadership of your faction has bounties on them. Do some soul searching, find out what it is that’s been pissing everyone off, and stop doing it. Stop doing it for the sake of your faction, which is suffering the consequences because of what you’ve been doing.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

It's more like the faction is suffering the consequences of its own existence - it would be unrealistic for TSE, on purely IC grounds, to leave a faction of heretics in peace and let them grow instead of nipping it in the bud. And the Confederacy, too, is run by Sith.

We all got bounties on us because two faction leaders, and a guy I still consider a friend despite his harsh words, have decided to focus on knocking us out at the moment. I have issues with being doubled up on, but welcome the challenge it will bring and the endless amounts of character development I can get from this. I agree Vyrassu has made mistakes, I am not going to deny that, but yall prosecute and hunt him down endlessly for them. Whether yall accept it or not he did try and apologize in the way he felt comfortable doing. This bounty isnt an act against our faction as much as it is simply you guys lashing out and trying to punish him another way as far as I can see, by attacking him and members of his dream faction. I am game for it, I love the prospect of having a little fan club chasing me all the time. I won't get bored, but others might.

Like I said, I will not defend his actions fully, but I can't exactly call all the things yall have done as mature either. If you were being hounded by the entirety of two factions, wouldn't yall be getting stressed and tired too?

Just my thoughts, ignore or tear them apart, but it is what I have seen from my side.

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
Yeah, [member="Vanessa Vantai"] is right. I had been in your (TJE) faction for 24 hours and couldn´t stand the OOC agression and paranoia towards others.
And I agree with [member="Darth Animus"] as well. It must be rather stressful inside the Jen'ari and causing much resignation and anger to be, apparently, targetted like that.

One can always try to see OOC reasoning in every IC action, especially if one brought parts of the community against himself. Instead of doing the most unlogical thing in a role-play community, by saying that you do not roleplay with parts of it, you should consider simply role-playing with all people for fun. Not for victory. Not for power expansion, not for defence or what-so-ever, but for fun and joy. Like Animus said, it gives tons of character development possibilities to be challenged from all sides.

I have experienced a role-player once who was always doing his own thing, ignoring advice, actually ignoring rules and continuing it again and again. He was kicked from every role-play after a short time. Now you do not seem that stupid to be me. I seriously doubt that there is a real vendetta or agenda against your Empire or yourself, just the tide which is coming back from some un-wise or unnecessary comments here and there. It is simply a natural and political reaction to oppose pretenders if there is no diplomacy established by any side. If both are too stubborn for it - bad luck for the weaker.

I saw this thread and thought - wohoo a great opportunity for my character to find some cross-galaxy/cross-faction RP possibilities, maybe that could help the sides to get a bit closer again. But now there is this repeated statement of no role-playing with another faction ... if you don´t want it for yourself - okay, but basically prohibiting your faction members from engaging in this role-play idea? Come on mate.
[member="Darth Vyrassu"]

There is no serious damage done yet, just calm down and try to talk, both sides, then there is no need for this childish behaviour anymore and everyone can enjoy this website for what it was made for: Role-play. :)

SXHG5.gif
| [member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Auberon"] | [member="Lily Kuhn"] | [member="Darth Vyrassu"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Darth Hashira"] | [member="Darth Animus"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Grond"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]​
​Here's hoping this'll produce some good honest fun.

​EDIT:

​[member="Darth Animus"]; while I sympathise with your position as being part of a prosecuted group. Like [member="Grond"] says, it must be stressful. But this isn't a guy who's just said a few harsh comments. This is a out-right foul person. Whilst I agree OOC shouldn't effect IC.

​I also believe in 'you reap what you sow'. I have no sympathy for him.

I understand how everyone feels, just please understand as well. Yall aren't just attacking Vyrassu here anymore, you are going after all of us. This bounty proves and shows that.

I thank you for your understanding, as far as it goes though. I have no grudges against anyone for what is happening.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

[member="Darth Animus"]

Difference is, you'll use it to build something. All he cares about is feeding his ego. I apologise that this has any sort of negative impact for you OOCly, or makes you feel some form of animosity from others. It's not nice.

Whilst yes, people are going after you?
Your willingness to be not only understanding but to roll with the punches already shows everyone that you're better. So, rest easy knowing that.

Darth Animus said:
Yall aren't just attacking Vyrassu here anymore, you are going after all of us. This bounty proves and shows that.
Not really. Considering this thread and the speech relayed in it, putting a bounty on the PCs that are relevant to TJA makes a lot of sense.

This, of course, while sticking entirely to IC happenings. I could comment about the OOC but that would be a whole can of worms no one wants to open.

Darth Animus said:
If you were being hounded by the entirety of two factions, wouldn't yall be getting stressed and tired too?
You mean like during the war between the One Sith vs the Galactic Republic, Mandalorians, Omega Protectorate, and Silver Jedi Order?

I was not personally on the site during the time of the One Sith, I am still relatively new in some ways. All I know is this little war going on both on the site and behind the scenes. I cannot defend him entirely, as I have said, but to my knowledge he has tried.

I apologize for saying anything.

Well this evolved while I was away.

[member="Darth Animus"], Even if you still want to see the faction be born, and live, that is fine, and we all understand the problems with keeping a faction alive. However, as a Empire of Sith that have, in various threads, belittled other factions, as well as called out the current Sith Empire to war, makes it very difficult to stay alive for very long.

No. You have no need to say you are sorry. You are easily stating your mind, and wanting to come to terms with others around you who are just wanting to RP for fun. While others on the board may be carrying quite a bit of salt in their pockets, I hold none towards your faction as a whole. I genuinely wanted to make stories with you guys.

Only now, its kind of difficult with people throwing others under the bus with reckless abandon.

What would I do in your situation? Fine the problem, and isolate it from the rest of the faction. Whatever it may be. Because if you don't find that problem, it may be the end for your faction.

Secondary too that, if you are up for threads for this bounty, I am more than willing to write a story and just have some fun with you, and others in the faction. I hold no Ill will towards you guys. I offered Jack the same chance and we may be potentially making a thread at some point. So I offer the same to you if you so wish. However, if you turn it down cus of all of this backlash and whatever else, I understand. No hard feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom