Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jedi Were Stupid

A 'den

The Demolition Expert with one brain cell.
Well I don't have cable/dish or anything like that, and I don't go on social media sites or anything like that, so yeah I kinda live under a rock.

Ava Solborne

A
I think it was just harder to write the Prequel Trilogy... <_< Haven't you ever written anything and then decided, that there must be a story before the already written story. I know it, it's really... hard. Making the prequel lead to the original one is very hard, because all things are already decided. There should be no questions after the last sentence of the story. Even every character should have an end.

So that is why I don't think Jedi were stupid. By the way, Jedi are not supreme gods. They can sense feelings, but not like: "You love her. You killed an innocent soul!" That's not like that. They sense feelings, emotions, not thoughts and the actual thing, what led to the emotion. Yoda sensed, that something was wrong with him...

Jedi were often sent to missions alone, because they were one of the most powerful fighters in the galaxy. I have to admit, that ordering Anakin to protect Padmé was just very strange, but padawans were sent on missions too. Sometimes alone.

The Republic was actually ruled by Sidious, who had planned almost every single detail. That's why he could manipulate with everyone so easily. Of course people didn't know, how powerful Sith Lord he was, but Mace Windu acted like Jedi should. He had to kill a person, who had committed crime against the Republic.

Okay, maybe I forgot something, but that's what I wanted to say. :p

To be honest, if he took others opinions into account, it wouldn't be THAT hard to write a prequel. A lot was left out as to the rise of the Empire, and personally I think he could have done a more original and less half assed job. I'm not trying to discredit Lucas too much, because after all he started the whole fraking franchise, but to be honest, when he is left alone his writing is simply.... poor. If not for his peers the Original trilogy wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it is now. All that aside, I would like to say that the idea of the story and how it might have been intended to be played out was okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing. It was all his wasted time on special effects though! Had he spent more time on what people didn't get all the time 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year they would have been more appreciative.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that.... thanks for reminding me -_-

Yeah, there is also his over focused mind on marketing and getting the kiddies to buy his toys... as if he didn't have enough money! Stupid greedy writers....

GRRRRR the palpatine scene! There were so many ways that I THINK that could have been handled. The guy was a Sith, a powerful one, and they send just four jedi even when they know full well he has power over the whole Grand Army?? Why even arrest him at that point, like Mace said, "he is to dangerous to be kept alive." They should have either
A. Assassinated him covertly for the sake of keeping the Republic out of Sith hands
or
B. Taken a lot more jedi and not played around with arresting him. If mace would have not paused to conveniently let Anakin and Palps finish their conversation and just gutted him, the whole Empire business could have been avoided!

That and how incompetent do your Jedi lightsaberists have to be to get taken out in a single stroke? Windu survived a good flurry of attacks, but three of them dropped within 2-3 strokes (and bearing in mind, only Fisto managed more than the first attack). That is the standard of lightsaber combat in the Jedi Order? But, no, for me, it was just all terrible writing - James Luceno's novelisation was excellent, and put more depth into the story, but that was still working with a truckload of terrible writing from Lucas.

On the other hand, Palpatine did a good job of backing the Jedi into a corner. What was 'Sith' to the Senate? Just a name. Like if someone was called a Templar today on Earth. Palpatine also knew that the Jedi would not just outright try and murder him in cold blood.

There's also the suggestion that he faked being defeated by Mace in order to make Anakin strike.

Good point, still I think at bare minimum they should have written so that it wasn't such a short scene that seemed poorly planned, almost like the Geonosis battle. Granted movies have time constraints but a few extra seconds of battle or planning would have made all the difference.

There's a scene in ROTS where the Jedi debate about what to do and where one of the Masters says they'd have to assume control over the Republic until the Senate is no longer corrupt. Now, how are they going to do that? Sure they learn that Palpy is a Sith and was behind the war etc. but...to the rest of the Galaxy 'Sith' is just a word.

Not to mention that we actually see Mace Windu and company on the way to Palpy's office before they hear from Anakin that he's a Sith. Anakin encounters them just in time and before he informs them of what he's found out, Mace says they're going to compel Palpy to give up his emergency powers. Now, obviously we know that Palpatine is evil, but they didn't know he was a Sith until that moment, so if say Anakin hadn't informed them (say there was too much traffic and he didn't get there in time) and Palpatine refused to give up his powers, what were they going to do?

After all, said emergency powers were given to the Chancellor by the Senate. The Jedi have no role in the legislature. And even after they learn he's a Sith, their coup plot is amateurish. Even if they had been able to kill Palpatine, it's naive to assume that the rest of the Galaxy would have just accepted their deed and realised that they got rid of an evil dark lord. After all, as far as the public's concerned he's the guy who got them through the Clone Wars. Logically even Senators like Bail Organa who oppose Palpatine and see that he's making a grab for total power would find it hard to associate themselves with the Jedi's actions.

So...we get an unstable Jedi theocratic-military dictatorship (assuming the clones troopers obey their 'Jedi Generals') with zero popular support and chances are Palpy is regarded as a martyr. Brave new world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom