Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Heist Job (part 1)

Kamino_duel_grounds_paintover_heavy%20rain.jpg

A vastly sized facility sat on the frontier of the planet Bothawui. It had only one way in. The other sides of the building were surrounded by a very strong ocean. It's waves were strong enough to tip a good size boat over. The sky was black, and rain was pouring from the clouds. The terrible smell of polluted water had filled the air. The movement of a guards footsteps, echoing through the empty halls could be heard from outside if one listened close enough. A party had just taken place inside for five years without an accident. Some decorations filled the halls.

Taras was sitting in a secluded location away from the facility, yet he was close enough to activate anti-radio jamming equipment. He would provide tactical information for his team. He had a rough map of the inside, taken from a small bit of radio chatter between a new employee who was lost, and another giving directions. The area he was in was dark. The only lights in the room were coming for the three computer screens in front of him. He picked up his mic and place it on his head. With a push of a button it was on. There were multiple firewalls in place, so it would be extremely difficult for CIS to find him. Even if they did, he had a fail safe set up. "This is your leader speaking. As you all know, you will be entering the building through a series of ventilation shafts. [member="HK-36"] will lead the way. After that, I will need you all to find the security room. Then, let [member="Chloe Hinata"] hack into the cameras and give me access to them. She has permission to disable any security measures she sees fit. Sending me a map of the complex would be helpful, but not necessary. If you do come across one do take the time to scan it, and send it through. After that I will give a new set of directions. Are we clear?"

[member="Emily Connors"]
[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
[member="McNeal"]
[member="Christian Slade"]
[member="Vincent Jusik"]
@Sophia Walsh
[member="Astrian Callus"]

OOC: You must post within two days of your last post or you will be taken out of the thread. If you will be gone, pm me with the details. I'm doing this to make sure the thread keeps moving.

Astrian, on guard duty. Who would've thought? Certainly not him, but credits were credits and Astrian was Astrian. Standing a full 8 foot talk in his crimson armour with his saber at his belt. He stood directly beside the most prized possession in the entire facility. He had been out in charge of this place with good reason . He knew how to run a show, the radio signals had been jammed already, amateur really, they knew someone was coming. They were ready for it, trip mines set up in hidden locations, each guard carrying a personal radar and standard combat gear in such a place. Full durasteel plating, insulated and carrying a blaster, vibrosword and a variety of grenades. You didn't just out anybody on guard duty in a place like this. You let professionals do it, professionals whom were now working in groups of four throughout the complex, all together there was a little bit under a couple hundred if them. Each group had com signals relaying between them, short range transmitters that went by unaffected by the enemy jammer. Astrian was not the only outside help that had been called in however, he had out several people on patrol duty whilst the guards rested up, however everyone was on high alert tonight, they were ready.

[member="Taras Crozo"]

[member="Emily Connors"]
[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
[member="McNeal"]
[member="Vincent Jusik"]
@Sophia Walsh

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Taras Crozo"]
HK-36 wouldn't be known by his usual name, for the purpose of this mission he introduced himself and was hired under the name "Viper" after all, he was a known Protectorate figure, last thing he would want is a word spreading of him joining a mission against the CIS, even though if it was quite the fun mission! For the same purpose he was using today his old HRD body, the one that looked like that janitor from Scrubs, along with two shatterguns, one in pistol and one in sniper rifle form, as well as a generic lightsaber and collection of grenades.
"Remember our discussed payment,"
HK would send a transmission to Taras on safe encrypted channels,
"Minimal hourly wage, copy of blueprints, and once you have a son, I will come for you to join army of my choice, and you will accept."
The Janitor-Droid spoke grimly, of course he hasn't told Taras yet that the army would belong to the Protectorate, that would give things away, HK wanted to keep even Taras from knowing who he was.
"Other than that, we're clear."
He would add and wait for the rest of their team to check-in.

Sitting alone deep in the facility, the Spymaster's waited. He was double-checking the security systems. Standard firewalls, rabid programs, the whole bit. And then something a little... different. The system was rigged so that, if the wrong password was entered, or the system sensed an attack, it would clear the data. Of course, Strask had a backup. Beamed to his personal ship.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian was struggling through the ventilation shaft as the leader of the mission spoke. He was taking care to be especially quiet, but it was difficult considering his size and he was certainly not enjoying himself as he trudged along on his knees until he heard the chatter on the ear piece connected to his comm. "You couldn't have chosen a worse way for me to gain access to this facility. I'm 6'8", this is not okay.", Christian said in a less than pleased voice before he leaned his head back against the metal lining of the vent.

"Oh, yea, and I'm checking in."

@Taras Corso
[member="HK-36"]

Standing outside a vent shaft, McNeal was debating how best to get into this place. "Tell me again, [member="Taras Crozo"] why vent shafts?" He mused the idea of him trying to get inside this place through a vent shaft, it ended with him stuck. Quickly unscrewing the bolts with the tools he brought with him, he began his slow crawl.

"Oh this was not in the job description." He muttered in the com, he was known as the merc with a mouth for a reason. "Where am I headed anyways through this place Taras?"

Lights flashed in front of him. He heard chatter through the comm channels. "You are going through the ventilation shaft, because that was the number one entry way to get in undetected. If you continue making your way through, you will find the end of that shaft, which is the entry point." Taras had a headache, which was something he did not want while trying to handle delicate equipment.

[member="McNeal"]

Sighing, the Spymaster ran a hand through his beard. There were whispers of a attack coming. And for that, he needed the layout of the building. Typing in the location on his datapad, he looked it over. Not a bad design, bit he could spot some weaknesses. "Who designed this, anyway?" A human woman named Denia Helthane. "Too many weak points. If there was anything worth taking, I'd be willing to attempt a break in. And the party was no better." It had opened the gates to so many, one could slip in unnoticed. That was why he was back here. To check if someone had.
[member="Taras Crozo"]

[member="Taras Crozo"]
"Entry point?! What the hell is the entry point?! A toilet? Locker rooms? Kitchen...oh I hope the kitchen." He whispered in his com as he continued his slow crawl through the ducts, but stopped as he heard people coming under him. "Hold up, movement coming under me." He later absolutely still, not wanting to get caught. They were laughing about...a woman. Something about her hair, and make up. Finally they were gone, and he continued his crawl, click clack, click clack. How just quieter could one get in this tight space with armor on? "This sucks, oh man why did I do this for free? Oh yeah cause I'm a cool guy." He muttered to himself.

"Spy master, [member="Strask Ak'lya"]! I've picked up some faint readings in the vents. My boys have also heard something, can you check for heat signatures in the vents? And if you find anything, make sure to gas it." He spoke over the com, hopefully the spy master would heed his advice. As a few minutes passed, one of the groups reported hearing louder voices from the vents, someone was in there. Astrian didn't need someone breaking in to this place at this time, strange as it was. He was ready fir a fight, he opened up the private com channel with the spy master again, "Anything from the vents?" He asked, looking about, his left have clutching his saver nervously. All of his troops were on high alert, blasters at the ready.

[member="McNeal"]
[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
[member="Taras Crozo"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="McNeal"], [member="Taras Crozo"], [member="Christian Slade"], [member="Emily Connors"], [member="Chloe Hinata"]
Soon enough they would get to the end of the shaft, it's not like they would be sending a whole day in there!
"Shh."
HRD-HK gave a low hiss to others behind them, letting them know that it was not the time to speak.

Pushing up against the grate at the end he engaged his sound dampeners, leaning to look out from between the spaces to check if the room was empty.
No one, they got lucky this time, perhaps to balance out for the lack of luck that somebody already heard them somehow. Either way, HRD-HK reached for a small hydro-spanner, quickly and silently undoing the grate and grabbing the bolts as they were pushed out of the metal cover.

Leaning down he gave a hand signal for the rest of the team to move their butts, unholstering his shatter-pistol and checking that his shatter-gun was still on his back, clinging to magnetic holster, folded for ease of transport.

Sending out a quick signal to Taras he would let the brains behind the operation that they have arrived at the entry point, if he had any orders, or would be able to inform them of any changes to the plan, now was the time.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Force signature unrecognizable due to Taozin amulet? Check. Armor? Check. Helmet? Check. Pistol? Check.

A little boat slipped through heavy waves, on final approach to the facility. The place was huge, one way in, durasteel walls, surrounded by ocean, guarded by professionals. Rain slicked her armored fingers on the boat's gunwale as she hopped out onto the soaked rocks. She glanced back at [member="Spencer Jacobs"], who was similarly disguised, or at least disguised to a similar degree -- heavy armor wasn't Spencer's style. "There's footprints and scratch marks at the entrance to that ventilation shaft. Statistically speaking, ventilation shafts are by far the first choice for the average bear of an infiltrator, and I'm sensing increased wariness." She grinned beneath her helmet. "My guess is this whole thing's about to get conflicted."

Spencer adjusted light helmet on her head, her fingers tucked the rest of her blonde hair back up under the covering. After everything was covered, she flipped her tinted visor down and looked towards their location. The young woman wore old spacer clothing something she was slightly growing fond of. Fingers pulled at the vest and did her best to wrap it around herself more. They came up to the facility and Spencer mused how odd they must have looked. Though no one would be able to pick up who they were because of the amulet and her own necklace.

Doing her best not to chuckle at the woman's remark, Spencer nodded towards [member="Ashin Varanin"]. “When is it not conflicted when we jump in? So are we going to go through the front door or are we going to be subtle?”

Strask tapped his earpiece. He didn't question how [member="Astrian Callus"] knew him by that rank, but force users were strange. Tapping a few commands into the datapad, he nodded. "Presence confirmed, Sir. Try and contain them." And he began the defence protocol. He sent out a call, reinforcements. Pumping gas into the vents. Sending an alarm to put on gas masks.

"You heard the Spy Master, insulate your suits." This was an overall order to patrolling officers throughout the entirety of the building. "Alright, follow the defence protocol. You all know your tasks." And with that said, his own group began to move towards their designated position. Seeing as his group was the alpha group and the closest. They would be following their maps blueprints to where the vents led to, luckily. Said area was directly ahead of them and through a large door. Astrians troops were able to keep up, barely at that. However, as they arrived his troops notified him of two individuals whom were popping up on their motion trackers. Astrian could sense one, the other must have been hiding their signature or a droid, and for an infiltration such as this it would likely be an assassin of some sort. Possibly even a HK model, he had heard much about them. However, as Astrian clutched his saber in his hand he used the code he knew from memory to open the door. Standing 8 foot tall in his crimson armour, he activated the red blade or energy as he saw the two culprits. "Good evening gents..." He spoke, the soldiers behind him raising their rifles.

On the other end of the facility, the patrol groups have placed trip mines throughout the base and a field of them guarded the door to the chamber in which their most prized possession was kept, along with a line of turrets. The pathway into said chamber was a very long hallway lined with said turrets and mines. Each turret packing plasma grenades, blaster rounds and ice spray. Anyone who came in there wouldn't survive unless they deactivated the defence system, which was located with the Spy Master, whom even the guards didn't know his location and it wasn't on any blueprint or map that existed and was quite carefully hidden. This was a very hard place to break into, and with people like Astrian on foot, it was unlikely you'd walk away from such an incident.

[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
[member="Ashin Varanin"]
[member="HK-36"]
[member="McNeal"]
[member="Taras Crozo"]

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
As Christian reached the entry point with the others he smirked at the one in front, leading them out and signaling them to drop down. To him, the others on the mission were just in the way, but he knew that thinking like that would only complicate things. Dropping down as light as a feather, Christian didn't bother pulling out his sabers for now. He wasn't going to need them, and if anything, the glow of the weapon would just give them away to those with sharper eyes.

The force was all he needed, and it was the silent killer that they would need if they ran into any undesirables.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Astrian Callus"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"I'm thinking roof. I don't like confined spaces."

She leaped high, high up the wall, and snagged the edge with one phrik gauntlet. With her other hand, she withdrew a small scanner from her belt, and held it above the level of the edge. Three guards with line of sight, as near as she could tell. She rolled up and over with a Force manifestation at her back, drawing her heavy blaster pistol. Her roll terminated in a one-knee-down firing stance from her earliest days as a naval SpecOps officer. Three blaster bolts snapped out at divergent angles with Force-enhanced aim.

"Clear."

Spencer waited till she got the signal, wiggling her bottom slightly she prepared herself. Using the force, she jumped to the top of the building with Ashin. Landing with a bit of grace on her feet, she knelt down to fully give into her weight. Finding balance, she stood and re-tucked the blonde hair under the helmet. Standing behind the woman in the firing position, Spencer used the force for just a moment to sense outward to see if there was anyone lingering with the Force.

“Looks clear for now, you're right.” Spencer patted her sides and pulled one of the small blasters from its hold. Removing the safety clip she was prepared for anything, waiting for [member="Ashin Varanin"] to move she glanced behind her to make sure nothing was coming up their rear.

“Lets get moving and keep moving. I don't want to stay in one place too long.”

Taras noticed some strange movement on the cameras they had set up to make sure that the rooftops were empty while they were infiltrating. He wasn't expecting to actually use the camera after the beginning of the assault. He was lucky that he didn't close the footage feed like he was supposed to. These two shady figures flew into view. They landed on the roof. Obviously they were both force users. They were probably there to help as back up. Which means they know that the group is there. "Hello, this is Taras. I spotted a visual of two force users about to enter the building. I have reason to believe that the opposition knows that you are there. Be on your toes."

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
[member="Ashin Varanin"]
[member="Astrian Callus"]
[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
[member="HK-36"]
[member="McNeal"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taras Crozo"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"]

A voice issued from a nearby dark spot -- a little freestanding surveillance cam, the kind an infiltrating party might have set up to cover its collective rear. So the name was Taras, and the infiltrators had decided to treat them as allies. That certainly streamlined things.

Spencer's voice echoed her thoughts. Helmet sensors at full bore, Ashin hopped down off the wall onto the facility's complex rooftops. Her characteristic limping gait covered ground, though not well.

"Find us the biggest knot of consternation," she murmured to Spencer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom