Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Convocation (Templar Order/CIS/Invite)

The Eternal Queen
Feena looked from one person to another, stopping for a moment to nod towards @[member="Siqa"]. Then she cleared her throat, waved for the lights to be brought down in the audience and once everyone had seated in their respective places, the Archon began.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome. In a few short moments, we shall be officially welcoming our newest Aspirants and raising our Knights to their earned rankings. But first, on this wonderful occasion, I would like to say a few words.

There are times when ward work and dedication can take you anywhere you wish to go. But sometimes, one must go a step further. When one must sacrifice time, energy and even relationships. I encourage all to look within themselves and understand what this may truly mean for them. However, with this in mind, I urge you all to hold close to you what is truly the most important. Never allow yourselves to forget, even for a moment, what we stand for. Why we have all come together."

She let those words hand in the air as she turned to the low table next to her, then she carefully lifted the glass lid of the bod containing the rings.

"On this day, we welcome our newest members. Templar Aspirants, please line up and take your place on the stage."

Krest pushes off the wall then, moving his way to the stage.

Aspirant. Well, we all have to start somewhere right? Better then not starting at all..

The Zabrak keeps his thoughts to himself though. He stands atop the stage, waiting for the others to join him. Others who may become friends or foes, but that meant little to him. So long as he could become stronger. So long as he would never fail to protect another, it did not matter who was up beside him.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Feena Mason"]
It had been a little while since Ember Rekali had shown his face in the Confederacy. There'd been a time when he'd done rather a lot for this government, but clan duties and, arguably, Confederate expansionism had contributed to a lengthy absence.

He was back, his purple Vahla eyes unblinking on the Archon. Should he catch her eye, he would offer her a nod.

From his place upon the stage, the Mandalorian was wholly observant. His eyes scanned the crowd of those who had gathered for this momentous occasion, and Isley acknowledged faces both old and new. He saw his favored apprentice, @[member="Siqa"], who had seen for to approach the stage before the Archon's speech and render a greeting. To this, he responded with a formal nod and the polite return of the gesture. "Looking sharp today, my apprentice." He said simply before returning his attention on his surroundings. The Mandalorian saw his "children", the Dread Guard, going about security as was their duty; and made no motion to acknowledge their presence. This, of course, was so that they could do their job without someone on stage putting a mountain of attention on them.

When he saw the first of his siblings, @[member="Darth Avara"], Isley simply made eye contact and regarded him with a nod. Today, he would join the ranks of the Templar Order officially and be recognized as more than his younger sibling. Another nod of acknowledgement was offered to @Aella Caderyn when the Mandalorian saw her. However, a smile and a full salute was given back to the excited @[member="Ginnie Verd"] when she marched up to the stage. "Hello there dear sister, hurry now and return to your seat." he said softly, whilst grinning with pride. Of course, his wide smile was hidden from view by his helmet. Before returning to silence once again, the Mandalorian took a moment to acknowledge those who were on the stage beside him, namely @[member="Ket Van Derveld"] and @[member="Ember Rekali"]. The former, he regarded with a respectful nod, whilst the latter was greeted with a few words.

"A pleasure to finally meet you, Master Rekali. Master Denko spoke rather highly of you before returning to the Jedi. I hope that, after this, we might have the opportunity to speak more."

The helmet's audio receivers translated her dear brother's words directly to her and in a burst of technological glee, Ginnie heard him. She heard the way his voice changed when a smile took his lips, and Ginnie squealed in excitement, hopping up and down on the stage. "Hi! Hello! I heard--oh yeah! See you later, big brother!" @[member="Darth Metus"] She clamoured down from the stage, at one point tripping on her flowing purple cape and nearly smacking her helmet on the ground. Oh, but the little armoured girl caught herself and flumped herself into her seat with a wild abandon. She then proceeded to kneel on the seat and look around for @[member="Darth Avara"], craning her pink helmeted head and putting her hand over the visor, as if through some trick of the light she could see better another of her older brothers. As the baby of Clan Verd, Ginnie had the best playmates.

"See me! See me, see me, come on Adamus, where are you? I'm in pink, what about you? How can y-ohsorryIdidn'tmeant-" A slap on her shoulder from the person beside her told her she'd been speaking out loud just in time for the Archon to begin her speech. When @[member="Feena Mason"] called up the Aspirants, Ginnie launched herself from her chair, knocking it over with a clang. "Sorry! Sorry. Sor-ohyeah! I'm coming!"

The pink Mando launched herself at a run to the stage then skidded to a stop to get her ring.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Darth Metus"]

Those purple eyes didn't blink once.

"Colonel Verd, your reputation recedes you. I'd be glad to talk with you once my urgent business with the Archon is complete. What did you have in mind?"

Siqa

Pureblood don't mean a thing to me anymore.
I stood to the side to let @[member="Feena Mason"] speak to the crowd before she told everyone to line up. I did along with the others before heaing my master @[member="Darth Metus"] come over and compliment on how I looked. I smiled and said "Yeah, don't get use to it. I'm not much for these kind of get ups." Then I watched as @[member="Ginnie Verd"], the funny little Mando she was, make a mess as she rushed up to the line. I held back from laughing while rubbing her hair and saying "Best entrace everm kid."

If there was one thing that Kara hadn’t missed about life on Kirima it was big redundant ceremonies. They could be really important when it came to making points, or raising the moral of the public, but all the pomp could be tedious. She’d tried to plead schedule issues, which she was very skilled at making happen, but Josiah had insisted that she needed to be here.

The man was being extremely cryptic, which was disconcerting. So here she was waiting to be knighted in front of her peers and the public, despite having already been a knight for a while now. Kara didn’t let her reservations about the event show, however, and had moved through the crowd mingling freely. Small talk protocols had been drilled into her since she could talk, so she could get though most interactions without needing to think too much.

At least this shindig didn’t involve heels or restrictive dresses, this was a Templar event so her Templar armor had felt the most appropriate. Besides, knighting usually involved kneeling and that sort of thing just didn’t happen in fancy dresses. Deciding that it was time to take a break from being social, Kara made a bee line for the nearest finger-food laden table.

Katrina stood in the back against the wall as she watched all the Aspirants clammer onto the stage. As she was relatively still new here she chose to stay back away from the crowd as she liked it. She had never been much of a people person but she thought it would be rather rude of her to miss an event such as this after all it was a big day for a few of them. Being knighted was a big deal as she remembered when she was knighted long ago before her peers. Katrina had always been ahead of her class but than again she was a book worm of sorts. She was here to welcome the new generation.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
See, at least people were noticing him. Maybe it was because he was sticking out like a sore thumb. When the Archon took her place and began speaking, he knew that part of it was about him. He was a new Aspirant, wasn’t he? He thought so. After all, he’d been here what? Not very long.

And that was when he heard the call. Looking around, clearly out of sorts, he followed the line. Sure, now everyone was going to be seeing him. Looking around, he was trying to figure out who he recognized, that way at least it didn’t feel like he was up in front of only strangers. Shaking his head, he sighed, resigning himself from that concept.

Right, heading to the stage.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Suhr

S
It was a trap. It had to be. The last time Suhr had been anywhere near the Confederacy, she'd cut down one of their Templars in cold blood, stolen a ship, and fled with information taken from the Templar library upon Roon. So her "invite" had to be a trap. She knew some of the Templars had their slow moments, but she really wondered about how quick the old braincells were firing when it came to this. Still... The Convocation was meant to be one hell of a sight - Josiah had told her about it in one of their numerous trips from place to place. If it wasn't an obvious trap, she would have loved to see it... Thoughts flipped back and forth between the Twi'lek's mind. If she went, she'd just be walking into a trap. If she didn't go? Well. It might be the last time she got the chance to see something beautiful. After all, it was always easier for her kind to hide in the wretched hives of scum and villainy dotted about the galaxy... Or was it? She wondered if she could hide in plain sight. After all, Roon was a big planet...

It was time. The Archon spoke and her words were rather uplifting, but for a young man like myself who could care less about fancy words moved past it with relative ease. Grabbing a hold of my jacket as I stood, I adjusted it to be comfortable on me. I kept the hood that was on it down to allow my black cropped hair to show. Following others in the same row as myself, I went up onto the stage to receive a green crystallized ring of the Templars. I felt numb as I walked up to there to see other good names in the Confederacy.

@[member="Darth Metus"], @[member="Feena Mason"], and what looked to me as other masters that were there. Though some of their names escaped me. Taking a look to the man in robes that hid himself seemingly from the rest of the Galaxy. I knew him to be not truly of the Templars. His entire stature told me of being from somewhere else. and rarely delving with the Templars. However I had to look at the little girl than ran up to the stage and how much anticipation that caused such a spring in her steps, in so much that she was running to try and get the first one it seemed.

I shook my head as others spoke to others. While I stayed silent. Patiently waiting for my ring, and later my other gear.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"], @[member="Marek Starchaser"], @[member="Suhr"], @[member="Katrina Garnier"], @[member="Kara Avoyos"], @[member="Siqa"], @[member="Krest"],

From his chair, Daxton sat as the proceedings commenced, the dark purple and green robes in stark contrast to those worn around him. The cowl over his head throwing most of his face in shadow save for his mouth on which a gleeful smile was pasted. So much young talent, so much promise. Who would prove worthy he wondered silently to himself as he studied the faces before him. Some were his students, others mere acquaintances, all had the potential spark for greatness. All he needed to do was spot it and fan the flames until it became a roaring inferno. Yes, his work was never truly done at all.

Phoebe had always enjoyed events such as this. They gave her the chance to mingle with others and meet people. She honestly didn't get out as much as she wished. She stayed on planet as she was needed and wanted. When Isley was gone and even when he wasn't she was in charge. Someone needed to watch over the planet and do daily upkeep. It kept her busy and put her leadership skills to good use though maybe one day she could have a planet of her very own.

Since their arrival Phoebe had lost sight of @[member="Darth Metus"] but she knew he was around here somewhere. She could feel his presence as she always good. There was no way he could hide from her, she could pick him out of the crowd.

The Eternal Queen
As they lined up (one little over eager girl in particular catching Feenas eye s she took the first spot) Feena smiled brightly. She took one ring out, held it up briefly so those gathered could see, then held it out to the little girl.

"With this ring, comes responsibility, young one," she said softly, so only the girl could hear, "When you look at it, do not forget that responsibility sometimes comes with sacrifice."

@[member="Ginnie Verd"]

"Thanks @Siqa" Ginnie whispered, as Siqa patted her pink helm. She tried to keep on her tip toes, to be more than nearly shoulder high, but alas the girl's giftings didn't include a wealth of height. Runt of the litter, she fought as hard as she pushed herself up on her toes. As @[member="Feena Mason"] started speaking, Ginnie madly scanned the crowd for @[member="Darth Avara"]. Her brother had to be there. She knew @[member="Darth Metus"] was sitting on the Council seats, that he would be beaming with pride, but where was Adamus? Where'd he go? He was going to miss everything! Ginnie sent a silent message to Isley, 'Where's Adamus? Is he here? Can he see me?' The little girl was nearly frantic, but it didn't show beyond a tilt to her shoulders, as the Beskar'gam covered her head-to-toe.

Snapping to attention, Ginnie watched Feena's face and lips. She had responsibility now! More than keeping Isley and Adamus content and salvaged, more than keeping her brothers in the mental good. Her helmet nodded, "Yes, Ma'am! I promise I'll be responsible. I'll prove it. I won't be afraid, you can count on Clan Verd."

Ginnie took the ring and held it in both hands, cradling it like a bird with wounded wing. Clutching it close to her chest plate, the girl walked to where the new Aspirants were meant to stand/sit and sent another message to both her brothers through the helmet. If only the girl had proof her brothers would be proud.

'Did you see me? Did you see? I got my ring, isn't it amazing? I did it! I promise I'll be responsible, come hug me after? I love you! Both of you. Did you see me?'

I watched with some amusement as the Archon gave the first ring to the child that jumped up onto the stage. I could see that a few were in line as well. Taking their turn for receiving their Jade rings. A symbol of the lowest rank in the Templars. Even as that may, I was fairly excited to get my own as well. As the Archon said to the girl, this was a title of responsibility and sacrifice. I only wondered which ones would come the hardest for me.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"], @[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Suhr"], @[member="Marek Starchaser"], @[member="Siqa"],

The Eternal Queen
As the girl wandered away, Feena's smile faded. The next in line was a boy.
She motioned for him to approach and grabbed the next ring.

"With this ring comes power," she said in a low voice to the boy, "With power, we can do great good, but we can also do great ill. The decision is always up to you."

@[member="Kai Nariko"] @Ginnie Verd, @Suhr, @Marek Starchaser, @Siqa,

Taking steps forwards. I stood before the Lady Archon. She turned to face me an in a low voice spoke of power and the decision of choosing a side, to help others, or to do ill will towards them. And that is was my decision. I nodded my head with a thanks as I spoke, "Thank you Lady Archon, I'll keep that in mind." The ring was placed on my right ring finger. The Jade ring was cold and smooth against my skin. I then began to walk off the stage. And even among all the rings that were there, somehow this one fit me perfectly.

I turned to see that the lady archon was now handing out rings to the other people that were in line behind me. Smiling I went back to face and leave the stage for the next proceedings should we have any more.
@[member="Feena Mason"]

Felix took his place on the stage, Max by his side as always. While he stood and listened he reached down and scratched Max behind the ears. He watched as the first few got their rings. He smiled as @[member="Ginnie Verd"] bounced across the stage.

@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Manu Xextos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom