Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Good [Ambered Alert Investigation Thread]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: 1

And so this is what happens when one is caught in a lie. Poor [member="Marina DeVoe"] was beside herself and almost looked like she was going to lose it completely. "It's alright, Marina. You're not in trouble. Just calm down..." She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Cessy was the name of one of my friends when growing up. I took her name as an alias when I hired you because I wanted to have a normal day." Of course the events of that day were anything but normal. "Marina, I'm Lady Kay Arenais, Queen of Commenor and High Queen of the Commenor Systems Alliance. And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner." She gave out most of her title, just in case Marina didn't know the name.

Still, there were more important things to take care of, other than who she was. There was the AMBER and the poor people trapped within it. "Do you remember that we were purued in Juniper Canyon and your ship was attacked as well as your astromech? I'm wondering if those same men were also the cause of this..." Kay pointed towards the park. "They must have replacated it somehow."

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted [member="Beth Australis"] approach. The girl was easily recognized, as she had seen her at the wedding that both [member="Loreena Arenais"] and herself had attended. So the Mandalorians were coming here too, were they? Good. They might need all the help that they could get.

"Let's head out to the park, shall we? I want to see this stuff for myself and see if it really is what we saw in the canyon."

[member="Caedyn Arenais"]

Skosk Fett

S
Objective: Stop Amber

Auxillary Objective: Protect [member="Petria Breguet"] and play the part as a hired guard.

Allies: [member="Beth Australis"] and her friends , @Mavarah , @Petria

Enemies: Maybe [member="Tiali Orazio"]

The Human Spy master was dressed up in clothes that made her look dressed as an ambassador, handing the heavily armored mando his papers stating he was her bodyguard. The two of them continued walking towards the crowd, his gaze intimidating and permeating throughout the entire room with unrequited and aggressive body language. Playing the part as a bodyguard for an official the butt of the repeater smacked away an innocent bystander in the crowd that began revolting. "Move you whining pathetic gizika's! Before another gets the Back of my Repeater like this potato faced fool! Make way for the Ambassador!" . Many making a path for the towering menace and his smaller human friend, whispering to Petria " He will be alright, I will let you do the rest of the talking vod." . However something seemed fishy, [member="Tiali Orazio"] looked out of place, and from the fear that became widespread, the bunching up made for a perfect kill zone for ambushes and attacks. "Something does not feel right, I have got a bad feeling about this. Keep your eyes peeled.Lets not having another wedding shootout. " .

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Objective: 2
Allies: [member="Skosk Australis"] [member="Beth Australis"] [member="Mavarah"]
Enemies: [member="Simultas"]
Suspect: [member="Tiali Orazio"]

And even if I actually was confirmed as the Fel Empire's ambassador to Nar Shaddaa in the end, I would mostly be dealing with criminal stuff, crimes committed against and/or by FE citizens, in office, she thought, realizing that it would be a lot of extraditions and few other tasks. True, Skosk had good reason to feel a little suspicious about this ordeal when crossing through a zone that Petria knew would lead to the people responsible for the Court of Concerned Citizens. The cold, hard truth was that, trapped in the amber, there were, in fact, people coming from a wide array of factions, and both Mandos and Fel-Imperials were among those trapped at Miller's Park. Plus, while that spot was, in fact, ideal for ambushing, they also had a wide variety of targets to choose from. Even then she had to tread lightly. Also she was equally wary of the Court of Concerned Citizens. If they had a diagnosis but they didn't have any solution, or even exploitable clues leading to a solution, often their motives have only partially to do with the issue at hand at most; it was possible the amber crisis has exacerbated tensions arising from a previous issue. Yet, she met with somebody from the Court. Sure the Court member was a little suspicious of her but so was she of the Court member, but she had to do something.

"I know the Lord has been timid in taking action. But since we have reason to believe that the Court of Concerned Citizens is a party that might hold clues to resolve the crisis, we would like to know more about the solutions you are proposing"

Reaching the edge of the crowd he sinks into it passing each person one after another slowly squeezing his way through, reaching the barrier he looks into the Amber and the figures trapped inside along with the rest of what's left of the calm crowd... More mildly angry crowd. Ensuring he fits in with the surrounding crowd not doing anything spontaneous or different to the crowd giving no reason to standout to others, knowing it's the best move at the moment.

Suddenly his HUD lights up with a call, tapping the side of his helmet to answer his response was quick tone almost sarcastic from the get go "Hey Beautiful what can I do for you?" listening to [member="Simultas"] 's entire warning waiting till the end before responding "Most people usually start their conversations with a hello but you do you boo. So you didn't just get me one present you got me four, Oooh you're such a cutie! Yeah yeah I'll bring some gifts for you, now I got to go I have another call coming through. Love you, bye!" finishing the call with a kissing sound, Tiali immediate laughs after ending the call knowing that will probably cheese him off.

Answering the next call he hears the familiar voice of his captain "Ay Boss apparently some of the boys down at the dock heard something about some queen of someplace." Tiali releases a big sigh for the worst description ever "Her name was kay, tay clay or somthin." Tiali's eyes widen realizing the situation, ending the call he turns looking back over the crowd knowing it's gonna be a slow trip through this crowd. Especially as the riots continue to brew, but he begins his journey pushing through the crowd towards the docks.

On his way the plan was made up in his mind and what he needed to go down decided upon. His eyes kept open for his soon to be target as he slid through the crowd, the four fresh guys on their way all he needed to do was to "Accidentally" run into [member="Lady Kay"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.

Her eyes gave away the momentary disbelief at what her former associate Cessy had just disclosed. And for a moment it certainly was disbelief. A queen out and about in public, in casuals?
Marina

Marina was indeed taken back a moment and turned from the Commoner security personnel to Cessy...or rather back to the Queen of Commenor System Alliance. And sure enough, everyone one around her..or at least in uniform thought nothing of it, of Cessy's announcement that she was the queen. It was Marina who had been clueless..just now and back when she first met Cessy.

A normal day...
The Queen of Commenor had booked a day trip with her to Juniper Canyon. Cessy had been the queen all along. Had they become friends, like Marina had first thought? Then again, these past two days it seemed that the mystery woman had somehow disappeared with the sample they had taken. But she hadn't, for Cessy was and had been the Queen of Commenor and Marina was now certain that the sample had been desperately analysed for this horrid stuff had been first found on Commenor.

"Queen Cess-..." Get it together Marina...

"I mean, Queen Arenais.... I....." Yes, she had spoken to the queen of CSA in quite an accusing tone... and 'who the Hell are you?!... resounded in Marina's head. If her own queen, Queen [member="Faith Organa"] ever caught wind as to how she spoke to [member="Lady Kay"] , God help her.

"... I'm so sorry for speaking to your person in such a manner. It's inexcusable." She said.
And it were, even if the woman she knew as Cessy was not the queen. There were no clear evidense to support that the woman under the guise of Cessy had indeed been responsible for replicating the Amber. It had been wrongly surmised and innitialy that was the reason her own queen of Alderaan had sent her to meet with the Queen of CSA...to help shed light of whatever Marina could about a similar substance she had reported to Queen Organa.

The previous two Commenor security officers whom had first greeted Marina, bowed their respect for their queen and took leave...leaving Marina with Lady Kay and the entourage she had come up to her with.
Marina who was still a bit off balance found herself seemingly not in any immediate trouble for the outburst. Rather, the casually dressed queen retained her previous Cessy demeanor. Again, Marina's eyes inadvertently and unconsciously did a once over. And again, it was quite difficult to readily take in the fact that her former passenger...and somehow friend, if that was still on the table...was Queen of CSA.

But her discomfort was slowly and easily laid to rest, as Lady Kay brought up her concerns about the substance here on Mastera. What both had thought to be an isolated incident or find had now resurfaced as something which had been used on a city of people..or for the most part, a park...Miller Park. It was what Lady Kay informed her of as she in her friendly Cessy mannerism invited Marina to join her....walk on towards what she called Miller Park.

Marina simply nodded at first, for still at the moment she remained embarrassed. But she had to get over that and quickly. What was at hand at the moment was a horrid situation that needed everyone that was here to help, to do just that; help.
Was this the same substance? Marina wasn't sure. And certainly Queen Arenais wasn't either. This meant that the queen had just arrived and had not seen this substance yet...not first hand...not up close yet. So once again, it was like the two of them coming up on the Amber in the ruins of Juniper Canyon.

So many things were going through Marina's mind. The marauders now for instance...or at least they had thought they had been marauders. The group of small crafts and armed men that for the most part happened on her ship, upon them leaving the ruins. So maybe they were not marauders at all. Sure, they had caused some damage to her ship the Mariner IV...but mostly it were surface damages...much like when someone is looking for something hidden. It made more sense now as to what wasn't taken from her ship. Those men were looking for something and not there to steal...nor look for victims for the slave trade.
They were most likely looking for evidence if whomever owned the ship had found out about the Amber...or something along those lines.

Marina picked up that the queen didn't seem upset by her mistake in asking her in a demanding tone 'who she was' before. But despite the queen's friendliness and maintaining the same familiarity as the woman Marina had made friends with and knew as Cessy; she was still Queen of Commenor. And right now, Marina took to following proper etiquette. She was after all still representing Alderaan on behalf of Queen Organa and unknown to Lady Kay was Queen Organa's intern. Marina had made one enormous err already and she wasn't going to continue to add more salt to the injury. Or at least she believed she had greatly disrespected a queen and of Commoner no less.

Still, aside from her faults, Marina was still quite intelligent and wanted to get to the root of the cause here. If she could help in any way, she certainly was going to do just that.
And as they got nearer to the substance, the more it appeared to be of the same make. The Commenor security officers whom had first met her had claimed the substance was indeed very hard. But it was so massive. How did it form? And as they got closer, there were signs of people certainly seemingly frozen in time. They weren't frozen running or in a defensive manner...just stilled in their track. Had this stuff been a liquid or a gas before it hardened...and it seemed to have hardened quite quickly.
Marina's stomach had quite a few butterflies flurrying about. She recalled her initial reaction to seeing the two figures trapped in the same substance in Juniper Canyon's ruins.

"Your Majesty..." Marina began.
"If you would allow me to ask; what did the sample show the substance in the ruins to be?" She asked, of the sample that Cessy...or rather the queen had taken to get analysed.

Prospect Point, Masterra
Miller's Park
[member="Petria Breguet"] - [member="Skosk Australis"]

The pair of Mandalorians found themselves by the crowd of the Court, looking for answers.

The only Court Member that could be bothered to talk to a couple of off-worlders was a man named Snitz.

His real name wasn't Snitz, but that's what people called him He had a old, beaten duster, and a wandering cyernetic eye. Snitz was an off-worlder himself, immigrated to Masterra many years prior. Yes, he was suspicious of the woman and her large bodyguard, obviously dangerous strangers, but he had always been teased for being vocal with his beliefs. So when he heard her perceived attack on his political stance, he was obligated to respond.

"You don't know anything about us, off-worlder," he growled, obviously offended. "The key to stopping the AMBER is in taking action. Lord Trenchard has done nothing about it, and we're doing something." He gestured wildly with his hands, in a very similar fashion to the woman on her box-pedestal.

"We're gonna elect a new leader for ourselves. One that'll do something about all this. Finally." Snitz seemed confident in his proclomations, as if his mind couldn't possibly be swayed.

A perceptive eye might realize his sudden doubt, as if he was unsure of if he was allowed to say what he just had.

- - -
[member="Marina DeVoe"] - [member="Lady Kay"]

The entourage of a Queen rarely goes unnoticed.

Inspector Gracchus noticed the group of armed guards approaching the AMBER, and grumbled to himself. Another group of people he'd have to shove away from the site. He gestured to a few of his officers, who tailed him as they passed the tape. The inspector walked up to the Queen and Marina, and apparently recognized the more royal of the pair. His face turned a little pale, and he stood a little straighter.

"Queen of Commenor. Aren..." Gracchus thought a moment, finally giving up. He didn't pay too much attention to the holonews. "I am humbled by your presence, but your arrival here is unprecedented, unnecessary. If you want, I can direct you to Lord Trenchard's estate." The Inspector turned a lazy eye towards the rest of the crowd, the disdain apparent in his every feature.

"This is no place for a royal and her... handmaiden," he muttered, not giving the time of day to Marina.

None knew just how dangerous the situation was about to become.

- - -
"You don't trust that man."
"Is that a fact?"
"An observation."
"Hired hands get on my nerves. No loyalty."
"Ah, yes. Loyalty. Like how you're loyal to the man who holds your leash."
". . ."
"Touchy subject, gotcha."
"Send out my second group. My dogwalker will get his prize, one way or another."
[member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Beth Australis"] - [member="Skosk Australis"] - [member="Caedyn Arenais"] - [member="Marina DeVoe"] - [member="Zai Avery"] - [member="Petria Breguet"] - [member="Nicair Claden"] - [member="Sebastian Thel"] - [member="Mavarah"] - [member="Wenwynig"] - [member="Tiali Orazio"] - [member="Dax Fyre"] - [member="Gatz Duolingo"] - [member="Boo Heavenshield"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just gave [member="Marina DeVoe"] a smile as she seemed to stammer and stumble over her words. This was exactly why she wanted days off to be herself instead of a Queen. People always treated her differently and spoke to her differently. It was all a part of the role, but it led people into being fake with her too.

"You can just call me Kay, Marina. This isn't exactly the time nor the place to worry about protocol." Plus it wasn't as though she had any authority here. She didn't have any authority anywhere outside of her territory. The superpowers of the Galaxy tended to ignore her messages and not hear her when she speaks. That alone spoke volumes about her place in the grand scheme of things. Her place was that she had no place.

She gestured for Marina to walk with her towards the park. The docks were busy and they weren't going to accomplish much by standing there talking. More than likely [member="Caedyn Arenais"] would follow them, that is unless he got distracted by something or someone.

Marina asked her question about the sample that they two had found. "You don't have to ask me for permission to ask a question, Marina. Just treat me as you did when you knew me as Cessy and that's all fine by me. But to answer your question, the results were inconclusive. The sample that we had wasn't enough. I let them know where we had fohnd it, yet I had gotten word that the temple entrance was caved in. No doubt that was done by the marauders that attacked your ship."

As they weaved their way through the people at the docks, Kay thought that she had seen an old familiar face. But no sooner did she see it that the person just disappeared. Probably just her imagination. She looked towards the park then, where in the distance they could see the solid AMBER blob looming in the distance. "I'll bet that that's a big enough sample...."

And that was when Gracchus approached them. She took in a highly controlled breath as she was recognized straight away. Security feeds must have let him know that she was here. That'll make things more difficult for her. She wanted to help, not to be hurried off to some Lord's estate.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'm here to offer assistance, and I can't very well do that if I'm stuck somewhere drinking tea. I've come across that substance that has your people trapped before. We both have." She gestured to Marina. "My friend and I both don't want such a thing to spread. So please let us assist."

[member="Simultas"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

Marina DeVoe

Call her Kay? If anxiety levels weren't high enough around here...
Oh the gods would have a field day, if her queen, her father and family ever got a hold of this. But what choice did she have? She was after all asked by Cessy herself. And with relations somewhat stressed over the sith and Amelia Sorenn-Syrush's involvement...
Marina couldn't dream of taking such liberties.

"It...Ahem..." She had to clear her throat and stop fretting over little things and not make them into mole hills.
Queen Arenais.

"It was pretty hard from what I remember. I just thought it was something unique..a freak of nature..or something to do with the two figures in there messing around with the stupid force..." Oops, yea there she was again voicing her feelings of force users, not ever considering that perhaps she had been in company of one all along. But it wasn't that she didn't like force users, no. Marina believed that most of the conflicts in this galaxy stemmed from the struggle to gain superiority over the force. And there weren't that many force users. So what gives?
In actuality, there were literally billions if not hundreds of billions of entities ..non force users as compared to just maybe thousands...a fraction of force users in the entire galaxy. Like, what were the chances that she would even run into one? The odds were astronomical!
Even the sith who had attacked her world and the Coalition only were a handful. But those handful controlled thousands if not a million forces. And their influence was what drove those others to wreck havoc on her beloved Alderaan.

"I had thought it of maybe something conjured up by ...you know....witches...or some kind of force manipulation that had turned on them somehow..." She went on with what she had thought of the Amber they had stumbled upon in Juniper Canyon. And the realization that the two individuals were now entombed for eternity because of the cave collapse had to be put aside to grieve for their poor souls later.

"Then again...with that weird time shift, I had first thought those two individuals could have been entrapped like for hundreds of years...
Only now..sigh... it all seems to come to light and make sense that it had been a first tryout....a remote underground test maybe..." Marina went on, as the two started to walk toward the Amber.
"...not some force trick that went haywire." As usual, talking was Marina's way to overcome her uneasiness. It came quite easy and for the most part was working. And it did provide a sort of cushion for what would normally be an odd moment. Marina's entire take of the woman she had only known as Cessy was like out the airlock. But as she spoke her mind, for better or worse, she could see, remember the familiarity she had with Cessy. The queen and Cessy were indeed the very same...and she had to accept that.

"The presence of what could be the same substance here, now indicates that it was not an isolated incident..or unique. It had been developed..."

The entourage didn't get very far until they were met with what appeared to marina to be the local magistrate or an official from Mastera.
Naturally, her place at this time was to muzzle up until spoken to. The person was indeed an official and she picked up that he was an inspector...an Inspector Gracchus.
An official who for what Marina initially picked up, had some concerns of the safety of those whom had come to aid Mastera in this crisis. She understood this, for it would be insult upon injury if this Amber substance would suddenly take to grow or expand...however way it worked. And there were quite a few curiosity seekers that the local authorities were doing their best to curb them from getting close to it. Marina had spotted just a few minutes before such a young man for example... [member="Boo Heavenshield"] , seemingly reaching out trying to touch it. Or so Marina had assumed that the young man was doing...
The stuff...the Amber even at this distance still gave her the same creeps as it did back in Juniper Canyon on Commenor.

Well, one good thing so far to come out of all this, was that Inspector Gracchus thought she were with Queen Arenais's entourage...her handmaiden. Marina involuntarily looked over to the queen, and smiled. Marina liked the idea. If anything, that was a step up from how she had first spoken to Cessy...or rather, Queen Arenais. If no longer friends, then certainly marina didn't mind serving this queen..for she had become fond of Cessy.

And as gracefully as a queen, [member="Lady Kay"], replied to the inspector as to the reason of her presence here. And as to why she could help, being one of the first to have ever encountered this Amber substance, and on her system no less.
It meant that whomever was responsible for this on Mastera had first deployed or possibly tested it on Commenor. The threat here on Mastera was as much on Commenor.

"Gasp!..." Marina took in a bated breath...keeping it as quiet as she could..
Once more, her eyes took to peer over to the queen's orbs. Queen Arenais had referred to her, had called her friend... her friend. Such simple, yet minute acknowledgement seemed to wash over what had seemed to veil her understanding. That they had a few months back, connected and had become friends. And Marina had somehow created an imaginary boundary...a wall of sort that she thought could not be scaled. Yet, there existed no wall at all.
It were that very moment..those very words that opened up Marina's eyes to see that regardless of status or names...the woman she had become friends with on Commenor, be it Cessy or Queen Arenais were indeed the very same person...unchanged.

"Her majesty is correct..." Marina found it easy to step up and stand by her friend's claim. " ..we had come across this very substance i believe in a remote cave inside some ancient ruins on Commenor. What sample had been taken was not enough for proper analytical testing..." yes, she knew such words. She had after all been quite educated. And had not Queen Arenais welcomed her to speak, without asking for permission to do so in her presence?

"In much the same manner as this world has awakened to the use of this horrid substance, so had Commenor. And as it may currently stand to reason; Commenor along with Mastera have both been used as testing grounds. These two worlds, Inspector Gracchus, are now for the most part connected. It is a fact that neither side could ill afford to take lightly." And so it was as to the reason Queen Faith Organa retained Marina as her intern. For this blonde, however ditsy at times may appear, she was quite a diplomat in training...

"With all due respect; bureaucracy should by all means be put aside and we must all work together end to this Amber threat here and now..."

Beth (finally) arrived at Miller Park, along with a full stomach with an eagerness to begin her adventure! She should probably find [member="Skosk Australis"] and [member="Petria Breguet"] as soon as she could though. Sure, [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Caedyn Arenais"] were probably somewhere in the growing crowds, she was sure they would be surrounded by guards and other people. Plus, she wasn't really brave enough to formally meet Lady Kay yet. Heck, she couldn't even get a simple message sent to Caedyn yet.

She couldn't believe the AMBER, seeing it up close was much more terrifying than from the view she had at the spaceport. She nibbled her lip, carefully looking at the materials, her long ears perked in curiosity. How could someone create such a weapon? The people were frozen in time... She wondered if they would be alive if they were able to be recovered from the mess. Goodness knows how many people were trapped inside the AMBER in the park. Was there going to be more attacks? Had there already been some and she just missed it on the news?

She nibbled her lip nervously as she watched the AMBER in front of her. She realized, suddenly, she had no idea what to do. She had no real training in these type of matters. She was educated, sure, but not on bioweapons and how to defeat them. She glanced towards a large crowd that had been gathering, preaching about how Lord Trenchard was doing nothing to solve the problem or save the people. Beth stood back, staring at the colossus AMBER, hoping to figure some type of clue out.

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Simultas"] | [member="Tiali Orazio"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The crowd was getting even more raucous. The two men stopped short of the ground and looked at each other. Yeah, it seemed like diving into the mob-turning-riot was a bad idea. Dax turned off to approach the AMBER instead, keeping an eye on the growing tense crowd. He only half paid attention to them though as he examined the AMBER. He tapped it, out of curiosity, aware that his meddling really wasn't going to accomplish anything.

'Maybe a sample...even a tiny little sliver...' the Rogue thought as he drew his knife. He attempted to saw off a small portion of the remarkably smooth material just as an officer approached him, "Hey, you can't be here."
"Let him work." Halzyn said, stepping forward with a hand up, "I'm sorry you, but you two need to leave now." The officer drew his blaster and Halzyn's hand went to his own. Dax interrupted them both before a shoot out began. The Rogue Master waved his hand in front of the officer's face saying, "You'll go back to your commanding officer now."

"I'll go back to my commanding officer now."

"You'll ask him if you should do anything about that growing riot over there." The officer repeated the master once more before Dax waved him off, the dazed officer going to carry out Dax's commands.

"Nice one."

"Thanks." the Rogue said as he continued to try and saw at the material. A growl of frustration escaped his lips as he allowed a small amount of electricity pass through the blade, hoping against hope something would happen.

Objective 1

The spark of life.

The young Pantoran experienced a momentary vertigo, as he brushed against feelings that were not his own. Impressions. Memories. Hopes. They were all there. Distant. Indistinct. But they were all there.

The child let his hand fall back by his side as he withdrew back behind his usual shields. Cloaked within the Force, the Dark Side within him concealed behind the facade of personality.

So that answered the most immediate question of whether this was a rescue mission or a murder investigation. At least at the moment, there was a possibility of it being the former.

The next step would necessitate more information about just what they were dealing with.

Crouching down, the young Pantoran considered the substance before him. Reaching back to his belt, he pulled a vibroblade from out a sheath. Striking the energized blade against the side of the wall of AMBER produced no results of any note. No scratches. No chips.

Extending his left arm out, the amphistaff -- coiled with it's head draped over his left shoulder and it's body extended across the other side of the boy's body -- loosened it's coils so that it's tail slid down past his palm.

Bringing his hand toward his chest, the Pantoran passed two fingers of his right hand along the length of the tail. The extension of the biot seemed to take on an entirely different composition. Harder. Energized. The bio-electric field formed an edge that could sheer through atoms.

With a swift, karate chop-like motion the Pantoran tested to see how the AMBER would react to an amphistaff strike.

Skosk Fett

S
[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] @Simultas [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Petria Breguet"]

Objective: Stop Amber
Auxiliary Objective : Play the part as the bodyguard
Gear: Will be shown when combat starts

A change in leadership was what was needed, or at least this being thought so. Towering over most in the peoples court, the black and armor clad warrior looked deep into the mans soul.The professional's job was to read individuals everyday, when searching for hidden fugitives, there must have been more the man wanted to say. With a stern a groveling voice the glowing T-Visor motioned to the "ambassador" "Perhaps we should go somewhere to speak more freely ?That way he can spit out what he has to say to you Ma'am. " . The walking devil speaking only loud enough for the three of them to hear. Slowly prowling toward Snitz, the boots stomping hard onto the ground.This was to create tension, much like a predator preparing to snap and then turning back to stand behind Petria. Skosk was going to be the bad guy, and as such decided to start playing mental games with the feeble man.

The berserker now waiting for the spy to speak , she was a cunning and smart vod. How would she get the man to talk, and what would she say? There was a possible, out of place suspect that could very well be involved , however there was no proof as of yet. A feeling rose throughout the yellow eyed zabrak. A feeling that the problem at hand would become significantly worse before better, the beskar gauntlets held the repeater tightly. Hopefully his operative friend would also be having this feeling, as if someone did not like these two poking around.

Prospect Point, Masterra
Miller's Park

Snitz backed away from the pair of Mandalorians as Skosk stepped forward. He scrambled back, the obvious fear in his one good eye, his cybernetic one flashing red. "Whoa, whoa, demon! I ain't going nowhere with you."

He looked to Petria in worry. "Your stabby-headed friend isn't gonna kill me."

Right?"

Behind them all, the crowd was reaching a fever pitch.

- - -
[member="Marina DeVoe"] - [member="Lady Kay"]

"If you say so," Gracchus muttered, giving up. "If a queen and her friend-slash-handmaiden says they're an expert, who am I to stop you?"

He had been surprised by Kay, but it had been Marina's call to action that had motivated him. He had never been a big fan of bureaucracy, anyway.

He stepped aside, letting the two behind the red tape, to get a closer look at the AMBER.

- - -

- [member="Dax Fyre"] -

Gracchus was then immediately approached by one of his guards. The inspector narrowed his eyes at his officer.

"Jenkins, what are you doing away from your post?"

"I'm going back to my commanding officer."

"What the kriff are you on about?"

"Should we do anything about that growing riot over there?"

"Fine, fine, get some men, and disperse it."

Dax tried his best to cut into the material, but the blade seemed to do nothing, other than spark and chip uselessly against the side. That wasn't the answer. But something had to work.

- - -

- [member="Boo Heavenshield"] -

The amphistaff unfurled, and struck the side of the AMBER with a mighty tinging sound. A piece of the amber appeared to have a thin line cracked in it, barely perceptible. Whatever the material was, it was strong all the way to the sub-atomic level.

The sound didn't go unnoticed, even if the boy had thus far. Two officers turned, saw Boo, and began to walk towards him, ready to investigate.

- - -

- [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] -

The crowd was being worked to a frenzy.

The woman on her box yelled above them all, delivering in sharp, acoustic words the faults of their Lord. After each statement, there would be a wave of angry agreement or harsh words, all in favor of the Court of Concerned Citizens. The police had finally taken notice, and seemed to be playing right into the Court's hand.

A squad of eight heavily-armed officers walked into the crowd, yelling their loudest for the citizens to disperse. The people looked at the officers murderously, and didn't budge, creating a sense of tension, and distrust.

The Court member continued her admonishments. "Look! Now the Lord's men try to quiet our voices! They dare to threaten our right to our words! No longer! We will not be silenced by a bureaucrat's whimsy!"

It was a dangerous situation. One wrong move from either side, and everything would implode.

- - -
Around the crime scene, a new power was gathering.
Ten, twenty, thirty men and women, indistinguishable from any other citizen, safe for the fact that each one had a pistol holster at their side, and a dangerous aura in the Force. They surrounded the AMBER from all sides, keeping an eye on everything.
One tapped their ear. Then another. Then another.
Simultaneously, they all walked into the crowd, bee-lining for center of it all.
[member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] - [member="Skosk Australis"] - [member="Caedyn Arenais"] - [member="Marina DeVoe"] - [member="Petria Breguet"] - [member="Nicair Claden"] - [member="Tiali Orazio"] - [member="Dax Fyre"] - [member="Boo Heavenshield"]

This crowd getting as rowdy as it is has made it much harder for Tiali to navigate the trip is slow but he has made progress looking for a specific person in this crowd has made the objective much harder. But this hasn't broken Tiali's spirit he knows he'll find Kay, he knows this is important...well to other people at least.

Receiving a elbow blow to the ribs he grunts holding his side for a second he releases a sigh standing up straight again. Initially annoyed he can't blow these people away as he continues pushing his way through person by person taking a couple more of accidental blows from the odd person on the way. Brushing off the hits he stands up on his toes getting a look over the crowd. Sighing not quite being able to make out anyone yet, he continues his journey into the ocean of people.

Almost when it starting to feel pointless he stands up on his toes having another good look around when finally he spots the familiar face. "Finally." He says under his breath as he heads straight for the group, glancing backwards ensuring the four guys ordered to follow Tiali were on their way and not directly behind him.

The final approach... finally. Getting closer approximately 10 feet he slides his helmet off his head, knowing she'll probably recognize him better without it. "Kay?! is that you?" he says loudly trying to talk over all the commotion with an enthusiastic tone to his voice. Waving his hand at the same time "It is you! What brings you here?" he pushes forward trying to get closer.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Marina DeVoe

"Thank you, Inspector Gracchus..." Marina replied, hinting a respectful bow to the magistrate. He was after all looking out for not only the welfare of his trust, but of off worlders. She took his concern to be genuine for as the moments passed, it was apparent that other than officials and authorized personnel, the incident had attracted many curiosity seekers.
There had been no reports thus far that anyone had found the answers to this Amber substance, nor how it had gotten to be deployed on Mastera and still not clear for what sinister purposes...

The inspector motioned to his men to give them right of way and Lady Kay's entourage along with Marina were given pass. The Amber seemed to encompass the entire scope of Miller park from their perspective. How far or deep it was, Marina herself hadn't a clue. As a matter of fact, she hadn't noticed the mound, for she had followed the landing instruction upon coming down planet side, missing the Amber encapsulating Miller Park. Then again, diverting air traffic away was an attempt at keeping it on the down low.
But video clips, word of mouth and even some unauthorized news media had gotten the word out. Seemed that as the hours passed, more and more of what had appeared on Mastera was getting out, despite authorities trying to censor it to prevent mass hysteria.

"It's.... its so massive..." Marina exclaimed as they approached it.

The Amber that she and Lady Kay had come upon had been inside a deep cavern...a sort of underground labyrinth of some ancient and forgotten ruins of Commenor's past. They had come upon it unexpectedly while they were exploring the subterranean old ruins. And the Amber had seemed to encapsulate two individuals as far as they could make out. But the extent of the Amber underground was difficult to asses as far as its mass. For all they could guess the Amber underground could well have filled up a massive cavity. But all they could see at the time was that it blocked what appeared to be an entrance way into another chamber.

Here now out in the open, it was almost unbelievable as to how something of this volume could have come to entomb everything and every unfortunate individual in like a blink of an eye.
Marina was certainly getting the jitters again, just like when they came upon what appeared to be the same thing back on Commenor.
And again, she got just close enough to see through the refraction of its translucency the poor souls seemingly frozen within. her heart sank, making out an individual..then two..then more who had seemed to go about in their normal routines just immediately frozen like that. It was mind blowing as to take a guess as to how many more, possibly in the hundreds that were trapped as such. The little that she could make out were pretty close, giving the volume of the Amber...it was frightening to think of the possible calculation of individuals in the park.

Marina was asked if she thought the Amber could be of the same as the one they had found on Commenor.
"It....gulp...
It looks like it is.... " She replied seeing Lady Kay touching it..feeling its texture.

One thing Marina didn't do back on Commenor was touch the Amber. She had enough trouble holding the light as Lady Kay tried her best to get a sample of it..scratching only something that maybe could have been analysed...only apparently it wasn't enough scratched.
"I just never felt it...I didn't touch it." Marina reminded Queen Arenais.

"But the light refracting through it seems to have the same effect.
And the ground coming in contact with it doesn't seem to be bearing any weight, as its not sunk in.." She pointed to the bottom of the Amber.
Sure enough as seen through the transparency of the Amber, it didn't seem to have disturbed the ground..had not compressed it, as it seemed as level inside as outside.
Even the grass had not bent, but partially was encapsulated while parts of it was still on the outside.

Marina knelt down, not close enough to touch the Amber...gods forbid...but close enough to observe the blades of grass.
"Cess-...
Lady Kay... the part of the blades of grass on the inside seems to be preserved. The part of the blades are as healthy as the part that is not entombed." Ok, so that was apparent. But so what?

Marina turned to look up to lady Kay as the queen knelt down next to her to see for herself.
"This part of the blade....see..." she pointed to the plant that was half in and half still out..

"..like this stem... and these other blades half in and half out...
Could it be a means for say some kind of probe?...something that can go through the blade of grass and see how the blade inside the amber is doing?..if it's alive or just preserved?
I mean, it is a sort of entry point for a probe to see if life in a blade of grass encased in the substance is faring." It was nothing more than an observation and an idea. After all, she and Cessy, or rather Queen Arenais had just arrived and what Marina was suggesting may have already been touched upon.

It was at that very same moment that someone called out to Lady Kay, giving rise to both the queen and Marina to see.
Apparently it was someone that the queen knew. Marina just took a step back and followed protocol. It was not her place to introduce herself. As thus, she took to waiting...yes, much like a handmaiden.

[member="Tiali Orazio"]
[member="Simultas"]
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay breathed a sight of relief as the inspector let them through. Gingerly she touched the AMBER, letting her fingers gently glide along the smooth, yet bumpy surface. It was solid, which defied it's appearance which made it look as though it was...well, like honey.

The people trapped inside had the appearance of statues, or as if someone took a holo image of them. It made her wonder what it was like for them. Did they know that they were trapped? Had they any sense of time passing them by? Kay had never been put in carbonite before, so she had no idea of what it was like. Nor did she want to.

Her brows furrowed as [member="Marina DeVoe"] took her out of her thoughts and into the present. She knelt down low, inspecting the bladrs of grass that were half in and half out while Marina described her theory. "Are there probes that small that could do it?" Kay wasn't a scientist, more of a curiosity-ist, if there was such a thing. "Maybe we could find just part of a tree that's been trapped in the AMBER. That could be easier for inspection."

A familiar voice called out her name. Kay turned her head and got up to look. [member="Tiali Orazio"] waved at her and started moving towards her. She couldn't believe her eyes as it had been ages since she had seen him. "Tiali?" She ducked under the red tape and walked over to him, enveloping him in a big hug. "It's been forever! I haven't seen you since...well, about as long as it's been since I've seen [member="Thraxis"] . What have you been up to?" She gestured to the AMBER behind her. "We're trying to figure out what this AMBER is and how to help the people trapped inside. Have you come across it anywhere in your travels?"

[member="Simultas"]

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Objective: 2
Allies: @Maverah [member="Skosk Australis"]
Enemies: [member="Simultas"]

"Please excuse my bodyguard's discourtesies"

Snitz was right in that Petria knew next to nothing about the issues of Masterra: she wasn't accredited to that planet. Plus it seemed that only a short while has elapsed before the Fel Empire's diplomatic corps chose to appoint her, on a pro tempore basis, as the Ambassador to Nar Shaddaa. But, because of this, it was obvious which question to ask: whether the Masterran populace had other issues with their Lord that predated the Amber crisis. Then and only then she could feel confident that any solution Snitz could outline actually fit the local context. That Snitz had, in fact, a solution that was feasibly actionable and likely to lead to an actual resolution. Because she knew that, even though people could, in democracies, be elected based mostly on their charisma, or some other superficial criteria, replacing the leadership is not, by itself, a solution: the new leadership must follow through with an action plan that is feasibly actionable. So, in Petria's mind, depending on whether there were pre-existing issues, it was entirely possible that the Amber crisis could have exacerbated tensions, or it may even be engineered by the Court of Concerned Citizens.

"Because I'm not accredited to this planet, you're right that I was, in fact, in no position to know anything about what's happening on this planet before the Amber crisis happened. So perhaps I would like to know more about whether the population had any substantial issues with the current leadership in place that existed before the Amber crisis happened"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax growled in frustration once more and swore as the electrified blade did nothing but produce sparks, but failed to even scratch the surface of the AMBER. "What the kriff is this stuff..." the Marshall was half tempted to just pull out his saber and go to town on the stuff, but he'd heard a Jedi had already tried that to no avail. Besides he didn't need to attract anymore attention.

Out of the corner of his eye, the Rogue saw the officer from before but this time, he'd brought along some friends. Except they weren't heading towards him, but rather the growing crowd of people angrily shouting for something to be done about the AMBER attacks. Guess the man's CO had had enough as well.

"Sir." Halzyn said, grabbing the Marshall's attention. He gestured with his head towards a series of new arrivals, all of them armed with pistols. The two Coalition members looked at each other. The new arrivals clearly weren't with the authorities. Dax looked around and watched as even more of them began to surround the AMBER and Dax's senses went haywire, something was about to go down. The Rogue watched as each other them put a finger to their ears, probably some kind of comm system. Dax's hand went to his pistol holster, the other drawing his saber, and soon after Halzyn followed suit.

Next move was theirs.

Marina DeVoe

Interacting: [member="Lady Kay"] , [member="Tiali Orazio"]

'Trees'.... Lady Kay had suggested. Wouldn't they be better suited than tiny blades of grass to probe?

"Trees?.." Marina asked herself a moment before they were interrupted... "Yes, of course..trees, Lady Kay ..." She said, getting up following the queen's cue as the man approached.
As it turned out, it was an old friend of the queen...

A moment before, Marina had been transfixed on the whole of the substance, recollecting her own previous encounter with it a few months past. When she had managed to near it, accompanying Lady Kay, it was without doubt a kind of trial on her part. The first time, she nearly peed in her pants.Not for encountering the Amber no. But in recognizing what the Amber had entrapped...two individuals. This at the time had been too much for her and she had scurried off to find relief, with Cessy, or rather lady Kay as she came to find out just minutes before, back up into the upper portion of the old ruins they had stumbled upon in Juniper Canyon on Commenor.

Here and now, with just enough nerves calmed, she had noticed the blades of grass...part in and part out. And of course, the overwhelming colossal that was bearing down on them, the Amber. She had been within a few inches to it, reserving not to touch it as Lady Kay had done...again.
Marina's immediate focus was at that very spot she had taken to kneel for a better look. And upon her observation of the grass and suggesting that maybe it could be possible to probe the portion encased in the Amber...Lady Kay suggested the more simple and obviously better subject than a blade of grass; a tree.

She too rose to her feet as Lady Kay greeted whom Marina picked up as a long time friend of the queen. It were then as she took a step back and while vigilantly awaited proper introduction, that her eyes wandered about for the said trees.
Tree.....trees... quite a few trees bordering the Amber were semi encased. This brought quite a smile upon Marina's features as she turned her attention back to the queen and her friend. Lady Kay had nailed it. Well, at least the portion of the trees that were still out of the substance. It would be much easier and feasible to bore a scope or instrument through a limb to examine the portion of the tree that was encased in the substance from within.

"Gasp!...." Marina suddenly had a horrible thought, barely catching herself from gasping out loud as the vision formed in her mind.
What if a person or animal had been entrapped half way in and out like some of the trees and grasses? This thought was too much to bare on her own and she quickly tried to squelch it. Marina prayed it wasn't so..that it was just her mind running away with the worse case scenarios. But the possibility of such a horrid thing could well exist. They had just arrived on Mastera and all they knew was what had been transmitted or had gotten out.

This now gave reason as to why everyone who was here to help solve this Amber mystery and situation had to work collectively.
Marina was sure..or at least she prayed that other groups from various parts of the free galaxy and of Mastera had each stumbled or had found a clue. And if everyone got together somehow, that all these little clues could well add up to something workable and useful in solving the Amber crisis. But that meant everyone wanting to help had to pool their resources and work together.

As Queen Arenais and her friend whom Marina had been able to pick up so far, a Tiali something or other...
No wait, a [member="Tiali Orazio"]. yes, that seemed to be his name as far as what she could pick up. Not that she was eaves dropping no. They were after all right there in the midst of lady Kay's entourage. Well, as he and the Queen were speaking, there seemed to be some voices in the distance that were carrying. And it got Marina's attention enough for her to try and peer around the substance to see what it was. But the Amber as irregularly shaped it was, blocked her vision of what was going on around the bend. It was certainly some kind of crowd by the sound of it. As difficult as it were to make out what exactly was being shouted or what the yelling was about it was indeed apparent that maybe some of Mastera's citizens were upset with the authorities for no one seemed to have any answers...only questions it seemed.

Marina knew they may be running out of time and faster than anyone anticipated. The idea of probing the trees and any life form stuck in between now seemed more pertinent. If anything, they should find out if anything was still alive or just preserved. And if they were still alive, how would they breathe?..or were they put in some kind of hibernation? Queen Arenais like herself now were highly concerned about the people trapped inside and to somehow find the means of getting everyone out ..safe and sound.
They would have to find some answers together and fast; to so many questions everyone had. And [member="Lady Kay"] had started to ask such questions...had Tiali come across anything such as this in the past?

Prospect Point, Masterra
Miller's Park

"Well, of course. This isn't the first time something like this has happened." Snitz relaxed slightly at Petria's calming tone, the tension alleviating from his body. "Not even just with the AMBERing going on. Crime has been rampant." He breathed in and out quickly, steeling himself. "Listen, from what I've heard, some criminal group has taken over the underworld. And if I heard about it, for SURE the Lord has. We're gonna get someone in charge that'll make a difference."

"Terrance will make a difference."

That was about when everything happened.
- - -

- [member="Dax Fyre"] -

Dax and his entourage were apparently the first ones to sniff out something was wrong. The pack of people wormed around the crowd, and a disinterested eye might make nothing of it. But the trained eye could pick up the subtle predatory steps of the people, the purpose in their movements. They were headed towards the park, but not directly towards Dax. Towards the bulk of the police force, and the newly arrived [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Marina DeVoe"].

That was about when everything happened.

- - -
The men slipped through the crowd, knowing the position of their prize, directed by the visual of [member="Tiali Orazio"]. They stalked, a few pushing citizens out of their way, a few already drawing their strange blasters.
The police were oblivious to the sudden aggressors, their eyes turned to the growing mob. That had been the plan, after all.
A few had gotten within range of Lady Kay, and begun raising their weapons, at the police, at the assorted crowd, and of course, their intended target.
A Queen was very valuable on the black market, after all.
[member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] - [member="Skosk Australis"] - [member="Caedyn Arenais"] - [member="Marina DeVoe"] - [member="Petria Breguet"] - [member="Nicair Claden"] - [member="Tiali Orazio"] - [member="Dax Fyre"] - [member="Boo Heavenshield"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom