Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gathering

Orcus opened his mouth to reply to the ever-lovely [member="Danger Arceneau"], when a sudden voice sounded through the room. A blubbery-frown creased the cetacean's brow. Didn't he know that voice? It was so familiar. And why in the depths did Arceneau look like she'd seen a ghost. He spun, a ponderous motion for a being of his size, and his eyes promptly widened to the size of saucers.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]? Impossible. He'd had his suspicions, but... Red rage edged in the corners of his vision. That damned, sniveling executive weaseling his way into Techno Union space. Was this some sort of Vong ploy? They'd played him. Orcus hated being used. "I am not some pawn."

The glass shattered in his flipper. Orcus looked down and let out a soft trill. "Excuse me," he apologized to Miss Arceneau, even as waiters swarmed to clean up the mess. "It appears I'm not the only startled one."

He placed a gentle flipper to her arm, practically engulfing the limb . "Are you quite alright, hauum?"

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

A man walked up to Jaster as he was deciding to who he would speak with, of course he wished to stay away from the Big Game, as he didn't need the trouble. Yet he could always use their support in any future projects and possible even trade deals through the Unknown.

The man looked familiar, and that was when it hit him. This was Mr. Ajihad, one of the leaders of the rising Corascant criminal ring, the Triads. Jaster had spied in every providence and nation to keep him in the loop, and out of the way of the Trade Queen, yet the Triads were something to admire. He of course had dealing with criminal organizations before, yet they worked in a already lawless place, the Sith capital of Coruscant. Not very many organizations were able to slip through the iron grip of that Goverment, not even the spy who brought him the information on the triad lived to return home. Then again, the Sith did love their illegal criminal worlds to do their dirty work when they wished to keep clean of it.

No real data could be brought to light of the organization, only membership and ranks within were brought back, again the operator was killed before more would be reviled. A conversation would possible very interesting with this man, deals with him could prove.... Profitable.

"I don't think we have sir," Jaster let out his hand to shake the new man before him, with his other revealed a Beverage, "Thank you, but I already have one, My name is Jaster Awaud, Viceroy of the Trade Conglomerate, and CEO of Umbrella Interest, would you mind if I ask who you would be sir?" Jaster asked as kindly as he could.

[member="Hion the Herglic"]

It was the comforting and concern trill of the Herglic that snapped Danger from her reverie. She gave a small start of confusion, as if coming awake from a dream. Her head went tilting back, and she would blink rapidly, Hion’s wide black and white visage coming into focus.

“I am, thank you -” she gave a pause, noticing the waiters rushing forward to clean up the shattered glass. “Goodness, are you alright Mistah Hion?” she would ask, concern rising in her voice as she went turning to face him. Both hands rose, moving to his flipper that had shattered the glass to discern if there were any wounds.

“Slivers of glass are sure to embed deep if one isn’t careful,” much like the wounds of the past would too, she’d muse. However, she would banish those thoughts away from her mind in the now, inspecting Hion’s flipper for any sign of embedded glass.

As Rhodes heard glass shatter, his immediate thought was that they were under attack. He grabbed a small knife from his pocket, and pulled it back, about to throw it at the attacker. However, after realizing it was only an accident caused by [member="Hion the Herglic"] , he pocketed the blade. After reassuring himself that there were no hostiles in the area, he turned back to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] . "My name is Rhodes. I represent an organization that helps out businesses, such as the one you own. Tell me, how is your business going? Ever been upset that prices are too high? Perhaps you have a rival company that really gets under your skin?"

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
It seemed there were rumblings, but then again he wouldn't expect any less.

Everyone had their allegiances, whether it was to good, bad, factions, governments, or simply themselves. Even Alric had his allegiances, though what those were had never truly been revealed. He wandered from the staircase and away from his little show, heading towards one of the many tables of food.

Alcohol wasn't on the menu for him, it never was.

Instead he scooped up what he would have called a doughnut, though its shape was rather odd and the powder atop it had a consistency not unlike grains of sand. The pastry was wholly unpleasant, but Alric decided that putting it back down would be rather uncouth. Instead he ate the entire thing, trying to be as subtle as he possibly could nearly gagging on the terrible food.

[member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

As she put in her latest bids in, she heard a familiar voice. I twas the great whale, one of the true sith that she knew of. She looked at him, and felt that warm fuzzy feeling she got when Darth Shara was still alive. She had left the one sith, after she became disillusioned with there goals. They had vong form planets, for a less creatures. Killed zeltrons when there was no need, as it wasted there strength and sullied the good name of the sith. She considered him one the best of the sith, destructive when need, power personified, but with control. Wait did she have crush on him, no it's just the rebound talking.

This was Business, Important business and time was insufficient. Animus walked through the bright lights and the drinks still under the shade of his robe.
Animus was in need of a specific Ordeal of... "Contracts" Credits were fine... But... we can negotiate.
Through the mass crowd and light he headed straight for the being he came here to see Sempara the hutt, but feeling an... Uneasy disturbance in the force... he was not alone here... this place was dangerous.
Two Hutt Guards sealed off the entrance to his side of the business Flaking Animus.
waving a hand over their face Animus said

"I am here on business with Sempra, you will let me pass...."

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

Jaster wished to smile as the man probed at his illegal activity, yet he didn't mention what his influence was called. Jaster knew it well, no one got where he was as quick as he did without a littl of what he was offering. Assassination, espionage, spying, and a little insider trading was what everyone did these days, possibly back in the day as well. Yet Jaster was a Trading Company, to make friends were much stronger then eliminating those who opposed him. After all, his only real opponent was that of the other much larger Trade Company lead by the Trade Queen. Eliminating her would always be a fickle beast, and all evidence would most likely be placed on him, being the only other large Trade Empire.

He looked at the man who slightly overreacted to the dropping of glass. Jaster was Mandalorian, it wasn't a proper netting untill something broke, but only at this party it would be glass. "Well no, my buisness is quite flourishing at the moment, I gain a trade route at least once a week, and transporting more goods across the Core Worlds and through the Unknown Region,"

Jaster looked at the man before taking a sip from his drink, "But maybe I could help you, my Conglomerate builds an array of weapons and ships and even medicine, though I don't know what you represent, you actural failed to mention to say what company you represent?"

The Creature replied something it it's native tongue possibly the command Animus Told him.
Slowly Animus walked up the steps that lead up to Sempra's place of gathering.
Getting shot by a trigger happy Bounty hunter or a sneak attack in this place was the least of Animus' worries, The Hutts were not weak minded, they have never been fools, and they have never been.... Safe.
upon reaching a few feet from Sempra himself the Guards of Sempra who flanked him readied their stances and put their hands of their weapons.
Quickly Animus Dropped into a cordial Bow in the direction of Sempra the Hutt.
"Master of the Hutts... I humbly request an Audience if it is not too much trouble..."
[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

The gathering. A good name for this event Sempra thought. There was alot of wealth accumilated in this facility. And combined with credits power was increased multiple times.
During his life span Sempra had witnessed amassed power without the usage of credits. Force using groups, like the jedi, or religious groups. Sometimes even political and cultural values could draw enough loyalty a single entity for it to rise itself from the common man and join the ranks of the powerful.
Sempra was probably not the richest one in this room. But his power rested on all those pillars, and some more.
Power... it was all that mattered.

When [member="Animus Malgus"] approached Sempra raised an eyebrow. He did not recognize the man. Assassins were everywhere and as he had just gone over, sometimes power was manifested in the strangest forms. People prepared to die out of ideology.

Then, this was a meeting for enterpreneurs.

Sempra raised his hand and beckoned him.

Seeing Sempra Motion for him to approach Animus lifted his Gaze from the floor and walked towards the Hutt. He walked slowly and very careful not to make any sudden movements. Upon reaching the presence of Sempra Animus unveiled his Cloak and bows courteously to the Hutt.
"Master Hutt" Animus said after the reverence "My.. Colleagues send their regards"
Animus Trusted that his Demeanor and and if anything Eye color would tip Sempra off without needing to say as to who exactly Animus Represented. He Trusted the Hutt to be quite versed in Social ways and able to detect an individual's... Qualities... without the need of much talk.
"Alas i am not here on their behalf... a small project i am working on which details i will gladly inform you of if you so wish upon its completion..."
Animus said Taking seat in a small Seat that looked more like a Stump than anything else. "However... there is the matter of funding... I am not here for a Loan but i am interested in any... help you might need"
Animus Looked at [member="Sempra the Hutt"] Imploringly as the next Phase of his plan would hinge on his every word.

The moment when a contractor was asking to be served a job was always interesting. They were, despite of what most people believed , similar in nature.

Sempra observed the man in front of him, evaluating his posture, his speech, his clothes, everything about him. A sith.

Turning, the hutt, waved forth slaves carrying trays of drinks and food for the guest. While estimating that he was in no danger, and that this man hardly would proviode him of something out of the extraordinary but a bounty or two, Sempra stil knew better then discourage the dark siders.

"You are not of course required to represent anything but yourself. I am a man of simple ways, business is business." he replied casually trying not to reveal his tensed demeanor as he had guessed [member="Animus Malgus"] nature.

"While I am sure I can find use of your... talents I can not help but ask what you are asking of me as payment? hum?"

there was no question the sith was a constant concern of Sempra. They were rulers of half the galaxy, yet so far he had managed to stay clear of their sphere of interest. Was it about to end?

Animus Winced at the Obvious Tension he was causing Sempra but when the tray of food and drink was brought he tried to lighten the mood by taking a drink and relaxing his posture. Animus loved allies, Especially allies who provided work, action, and a chance to further his... dream project.
But it was the mention of payment already being in discussion brought the smile to Animus' face, that and the prospect of being hired for something interesting or that he could find use for.

"Ahh i have a project i am personally undergoing and currently managing for now i am in the need of acquisition of some materials of the exotic kind. The Project is concerning starship manufactory, Credits are not bad Sempra but you get me some of the materials i need and we can call it square"
Animus said taking another sip of the harsh tonic with the taste of Sarlacc piss and Bantha Fodder he gave a big breather and smiled taking his hood off and laughing as he eyes the Brunette across the hall.

The negotiations and information, Respect and mutual understanding. The time with his father at Naboo served him well.
"Credits are hard to come by, work harder still. subtle business partners are a rare commodity" Animus said Smirking at the Hutt.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

"My company is more of a supportive thing. Though we do offer traditional things, such as blueprints and tech, we also offer more unique services as well. We can help transport goods for cheap, raid rival companies, hunt pesky bounties, and so on and so forth. Perhaps you would be interested in any such things?"

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

Jaster thought deeply as he considered of the mans offer, and though there would be possible gain of this man raiding his appoints ships. He couldn't think of this, he needed more allies then enemies at the moment, but surely he had work for these offers. This was when it hit Jaster about his last radio transmissions from his trade vessels.

He looked at the man, "Well if you do require some type of work and it would seem that you are in the security industry, I do have an offer for your men," Jaster pulled out a his personal Datapad and used his one fee hand to bring up the data he required, "There is a planet my company is currently trying to build a colony on, and my workers are being assaulted by some type of predator or possibly monster, my workers are currently refusing to work until the creature is killed, and though I haven't spoken to my membership, I'm sure we will hire any company to dispatch this creature from this planet." Jaster showed the Datapad to the man of the planet, Heklor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom