Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Gala [RTL + Friends]

EPaefJo.png

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Revelry
Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo A'Runda A'Runda

Untitled614_20230302093042.png

I suppose expressing that sort of ruins the point of anonymity though huh?

Rhiza gave a little chuckle and a shrug of the shoulders that said you do you. "The charity gets the money, you get the positive sensation and a little prestige, so next time you give a little more money, I don't think the charity would mind" She smirked at him, sometimes it was nice when people knew you were doing good.

I’m afraid very few of our traditional dances would fit a ballroom setting.”

"I'm afraid I know precious little about your homeworld, but don't let me stop you showing off your moves." Rhiza ceased leaning herself against the pillar and shook her hips to emphasise where her mood was regards the party, she knew how to dance and would gladly lead, but there was a tradition, and it was nice to be asked.

"Speaking of traditional dances, there is a particular dance that my ex-husband was fond of back on Zygerria.... but it might make the other guests feel a little uncomfortable if I tried to dance like that in this dress" she laughed and finished her drink to place it down beside her. She wished to talk privately with Master Edo, away from the temple, but the public surroundings did not feel like the best place. As she spoke and laughed with the two men she gently put her hand on Elias's arm, in a subtle gesture, the way a friend might steady themselves against another friend while laughing, but she was she was trying to get a read on him, seeing if anything lingered from the shocking feelings that occurred during the opening stages of the attack the both took part in.

See with eyes unclouded by hate

EPaefJo.png

Objective: Meet and Greet
Tags: Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural | Elias Edo Elias Edo

Prestige, A’Runda kinda liked the sound of that. Although such concepts typically eluded his psyche. The tusken outcast hardly ever considered it, even when in similar social events, galas and functions he’s been too. Maybe he could be more than some hermit living on dusty planets with an oversized lizard. After all that was sort of why he was interested in the league now. At least part of it that is.

Then Master Edo expressed that some of the dances from his own background might not translate well with the current ballroom setting. A’Runda nodded to that, it was hard for him to even imagine how he could begin to modify the traditional dances from his life as a tribesman to better fit along with just the energetic music in the room. But ritualistic dances around a bonfire weren’t the only ones he was familiar with. The more friendly group dances he learned from settlers on Tatooine could possibly make a better fit. Even then they were generally larger group dances.

Then A’Runda was asked what’d brought him to Seswenna. “Well I guess you could say that the Outer Rim is my home. I’ve had enough of being close to the core lately. And with the Maw’s war machine being destroyed now I figured there was no better time to. Perhaps you could say it’s, um how would you say, a bit of homesickness.” Although the outer rim had a lot more in it than just Tatooine, even the urban planets of the rim had a rugged and familiar charm to them the core and its neighbors lacked. “Also have some interest in sharing some of my wealth with the league too. Despite the misgivings my finance consultant has expressed.” The conflict along the western reaches of known space, and before then running away as a fugitive of the CIS had made A’Runda lose track of what was important to him. And he hoped what he said had answered Master Edo’s questions.

Suddenly his attention was drawn back to Rhiza, who A’Runda read as trying to entice Edo into dancing with her. Easily reading the non-verbal communication. It wasn’t hard for him to read the body language of others, living among people who covered themselves head to toe will do that. And her body language communication meant she wanted a partner, even if it was just for a dance. It made A’Runda blush some under his mask. He was a little prudish, not by choice but just out of habit given his background. Looking at the two he spoke up some. “Well it’s been truly del, de... um Wonderful meeting you Miss Rhiza and Master Edo. But I hope you’ll excuse me, I’m rather parched and I heard the rooftop lounge has a good bar.” The masked man said, suddenly looking to suddenly excuse himself from the situation as politely as he could. “Plus I still gotta do that whole donation thing I mentioned earlier. Take care you two.” A’Runda said, giving the pair a slight bow before turning away from them.

Making his way out of the Ballroom the music dwindled some as he thought to himself “Oh it’s Delightful…” He muttered to himself, remembering the word he meant to use a moment ago. So far though the gala has been good for A’Runda, he wanted to meet and greet people. Two people was a one hundred percent increase to what it was before. Or was it? His math might be a bit off.

Last edited:

j8b0I9s.png

XwePI03.png
Equipment: Dress, Matching Clutch, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear
Tags: OPEN

Her eyes drifted, filtering through the emotions that filled the room. Something she recognized as ambition, a touch of envy, even some irritation that floated her way as she turned herself back to the young man paying her attention.

Her vision blurred as she turned, her hand snapping out to grip the back of the chair.

The sensation of the glass in her hand becoming a far away feeling while she steadied herself. And for the first time since she'd been cornered, silence dominated the space between herself and the would be suitor.

At least for a moment anyway.

"Are you alright?"

The pink skin of her knuckles becoming a painful white as she felt the room spin.

"I. I don't know." Her words muttered. Effort put into forming the sentence.

She felt like laying down. But this wasn't the place for that. This was a social gathering. Important people were here. At least people important to someone. And she felt rather foolish for feeling the effects of a specifically chosen champagne after her first incident with the drink.

"Would you," Her hand slipped down the back of the chair, firmly planting itself on the seat as she reached down to settle the champagne flute on the floor.

The lightheaded feeling swept through her when she bent forward.

Her hands clenched tight, trying to find something to keep her from tipping forward out of the chair. The sharp crinkle of glass breaking and grinding making the young man sharply inhale and jump forward.

His hands finding her shoulders and keeping her from pitching forward onto the floor.

"Ah. H-hey. You-"

The swirl of emotions from the other company offspring shifting from their mirth or envy to confusion and worry. Further adding to the issue of steadying herself.

The room slowly spun, the champagne flute falling down to the floor in pieces.

A softer voice coming near as it argued briefly with the one she'd been talking to. Then addressing her. Another hand on her as her stomach rolled.

"Miss. Are you alright?"

The slight tingle of pain pushing past the dead feeling in her hands and helping to push words from her.

"I. Dunno. I need. Need. Bath. Bathroom." Rose colored eyes blinking to focus on the small trickle of blood that trailed down her fingers.

A small circle formed around her, helping her upright.

Nathan was stock still, eyes straight ahead as he watched them all dance.

He didn't seem to move or breathe as he sat, looking immaculate, hands placed flat on the table, expression frozen in its grim state as always.

He didn't understand what made places like this so special to others. He was still trying to wrap his head around it.

"Hey Nathan!"

Nathan snapped his attention to a well dressed Jedi Padawan in her twenties that he had worked with on Kirdo 3, named Kinea Lewellyn.

"You are the last person I expected to show." Kinea chirped.

"Guess it wasn't just me I'm surprising." Nathan noted dryly.

"Mind if I sit?" she asked.

"It's a free league, last I looked." Nathan replied.

Kinea took a seat next to him.

"League Navy is renovating that Battle Cruiser we found. That sucker was surprisingly intact for such an old vessel." she mentioned.

"I've been on one before." Nathan remarked. "It'll do its job."

"The best part is we didn't have to kill anyone to get it. I know a lot of Jedi who would have made at least one corpse taking that ship." Kinea replied, resting her arms at the table.

"Have you tried the food?"

"I never eat or drink at public gatherings. Removes avenues for assassination attempts."

Kinea blinked. "But this event was sponsored by a Jedi Charity. We're in League territory."

"The enemy never stops looking for chances."

"But the enemy isn't always around." Kinea countered.

"Explain the attack on Coruscant by the Maw. Explain the Senator of Epoch turning out to be Darth Solipsis."

"Those were special circumstances."

"Which happen to prove the rule." Nathan answered back stoically. "Jedi are slaughtered on their own property throughout history. Sometimes it's treachery, other times it's overwhelming force or unforeseen disaster. Or a mix. Point is, it happens."

"You sound like you don't believe in peace."

Nathan shook his head. "Never said that. Peace is not a lie... but I simply never expect it to last long. Peace does ebb and flow in this profession."

"You constantly expect the worst." Kinea noted with sadness.

"I don't expect it. I am simply prepared for it...there is a difference.

"But where's the room for happiness? Fulfillment of purpose?"

"My capacity for that is...muted..." Nathan explained, cracking a knuckle. "As for fulfilling my purpose...I have a purpose."

"What is it?" Kinea asked, leaning a little closer in genuine curiosity.

Nathan leaned back in his seat.

"That's my problem." he answered quietly but in a pointed manner.

She frowned. "But you've said so much...you don't trust me?" she asked innocently.

"Not a matter of trust. You're capable and intelligent, and the Kirdo 3 job would have been vastly more difficult without your assistance..."

"There's always a 'but' after a statement like that." Kinea muttered.

"However..." Nathan began. "I prefer not to involve you in it."

Kinea shrugged, but nodded in understanding.

"I hope some day you feel comfortable enough to tell someone..." Kinea replied politely, sitting up.

She held out her hand.

"But perhaps you're not too uncomfortable to dance?"

Nathan almost refused, but he remembered that Moya had told him to think of this 'outing' as therapy.

"As it happens, I am not." Nathan replied in a chilled but polite tone.

He stood up, took her hand. They began doing a simple two-step on the ballroom floor.

"So where you from?" she asked as they danced amidst the others on the floor.

"Does it matter?" he calmly asked right back. "People come in from the cold all the time...a broken land here, a shattered temple there. A meadow. All sorts of places."

"Words from someone who doesn't want to remember..."

"Why are you so interested?" Nathan asked as they completed a spin with hands clasped together.

"The League does do background checks. Even the Wild Knights. You're a ghost, Nathan. You literally don't exist before you showed up on Sullust scavving. What the hell did you do to get so utterly erased?

"Find a large enough hole, and you'll always be able to bury yourself."

"Is that what you did? Bury yourself?"

Nathan shrugged. "In a sense."

Nathan blinked and Kinea had been replaced by his wife, who greatly resembled Laertia Io Laertia Io . Lysandra still was in the black biker leathers she wore the day Darth Phyre had murdered her, and the places where Phyre's Lightsaber had dismembered her were still visible, in the form of horrific burn scars.

"You voided our sacrifice." the illusion of Lysandra whispered scathingly.

Nathan flinched and pulled away from Kinea.

"Nathan?" Kinea called out in concern, reaching for him.

"Sorry..." Nathan got out, barely keeping it together. "I...I need some air..."

Nathan stumbled away from the ballroom floor, clutching his head...

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

A'Runda A'Runda

Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn

Last edited:
Tides of Change

BGlsGo2.png

Tags: A'Runda A'Runda | Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural
Objective 2: Ballroom
At the Crown Star Hotel on SESWENNA...

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
Elias was placid on the surface, but Rhiza’s touch sent shockwaves through him. He could crack a smile, laugh at a joke, even alter his emotional footprint in the Force - but the brief shadow of sadness that peeked from behind his eyes always gave him away, and once again, they whispered that Elias was hurting.

He knew Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural saw it, but thankfully they were surrounded by watchful eyes and the good company of a newfound friend. He hoped A'Runda A'Runda hadn’t noticed as well.

Well I guess you could say that the Outer Rim is my home. I’ve had enough of being close to the Core lately. And with the Maw’s war machine being destroyed now I figured there was no better time to. Perhaps you could say it’s, um how would you say, a bit of homesickness.

I can understand that,” Elias said, sharing the sentiment.

The Core has an uncanny way of slowly tightening itself around you, unnoticeable until the moment you awaken and realize that you’re not where you’re supposed to be. It’s… jarring, to say the least.

The destruction of Exegol dusted up an uncomfortable miasma of conflicting emotions that ultimately led Elias to cast himself into the cosmic winds and drift away from the Core, once again in search of a deeper peace than the New Jedi Order could afford him. The first time he left his station, he founded a small enclave on Bogano. The second, he helped establish an entire Order in the form of the Coalition. Perhaps it was novelty that gave him solace? Or sheer rebellion against a system that didn’t satisfy him.

I feel at home in the Rim. Accepted, understood.” His words were thick, like honey. Almost sentimental.

When A’Runda took his leave, Elias returned the Tusken’s bow.

Nice meeting you, my friend,” he said, a more genuine smile taking his face. Maybe it was the people that he liked so much in the Outer Rim. Always interesting, always moving, always going. Like tiny stars, uncountable, yet each one infinitely unique. When the masked Tusken was gone, Elias looked sheepishly to Rhiza. He shrugged.

Pardon me, please- I’m just feeling a bit… reflective this evening. There’s much to consider, and precious little time to do so.

He noticed perhaps a bit late that the music had shifted to a more delicate rhythm, and several of the guests had paired off (or were seeking a mate to join them on the floor). He could distantly hear Katie explaining the origins of a traditional Ithorian dance - to the Ithorian gentleman. It made him chuckle under his breath. Elias then looked to the spymaster with eyebrows raised.

It’s uh- it’s been awhile since I’ve asked for a lady’s hand.” He offered her his own, subtly, to avoid pressuring her.

Would you like to dance with me, Master Dural?

Last edited:

EPaefJo.png

2oBcVl1.png

Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo A'Runda A'Runda

Rhiza nodded politely and smiled as A'Runda A'Runda excused himself "It has been a pleasure to meet you, I hope to see you around the temple sometime soon." She watched curiously as the man walked away wondering before turning to Elias Edo Elias Edo .

"What you said about the Rim, I totally understand that feeling, Zygerria is in the Tingel Arm, its very similar to the rim, I never really enjoyed the core either." she wondered if that was one of the reasons when she fled the Ashlan Scism, she came here instead of seeking a new home with the Jedi of the Alliance, it was a decision well made as she was finding she could do a lot here. Maybe she was a little reflective too, it was good to take time to think about your place in the galaxy.

“It’s uh- it’s been awhile since I’ve asked for a lady’s hand.” He offered her his own, subtly, to avoid pressuring her.

“Would you like to dance with me, Master Dural?”

Rhiza gave a little smirk at the offer playful and happy that he asked. "It would be an honour Master Edo, please, lead the way." She hand into his, her manicured claws complimented the shimmering blue of her dress. Placing her hand on his shoulder, she allowed him to put his arm around her waist, or on her hip if he wished. It was enjoyable to dance with an attractive man and she enjoyed the physique that being a Jedi Vanguard gave him. But she couldn't help but think about his mind, what was troubling him? She played around with her force senses, trying to probe passively, not wanting to make him feel like he was being emotionally interrogated by the spectre, but just trying to get a feel of where his force presence lay.

"I would quite like seeing some of these traditional dance moves you mentioned." she teased, "Perhaps we should enjoy a few dances and then retire somewhere more private to talk?" He was likely perceptive enough to know what she wished to discuss, this was the first time she had actively sought out this nerve and it was a calculated risk, he might recoil and run from the challenge, but she hoped that her demeanor towards him would put him at ease. Zygerrian females were good at this, and more than once Rhiza had used the talents to extract information. That information would be key to ensuring her friend, and fellow council member was safe, she grinned as she tried to convince herself that was the only reason she wanted his arm around her this evening.

XwePI03.png

lf6czeQ.png

Norr moss-tu,” the Bothan said gratefully in his native tongue, “Madame Yvarro has the mind of a commander and the heart of a philanthropist.”

Kel chuckled proudly as he sipped his drink.

“Yes, the League has many bright days ahead.”

With an almost grandfatherly sense, Kel looked upon the Nobles as he inquired about their family.

“Tell me, dear, how is the little one? Sprouting like a spring flower, I’m sure!” He’d never met the girl, but Kel liked to inquire about her in his sporadic meetings with Valery. It made him feel grounded, like his work mattered.

He missed his opportunity to father a cub of his own, a lapse in his life that he sometimes regretted. The lifestyle of a spymaster and politician never seemed complementary to raising a child, but then again, neither did the pursuits of a Jedi; The realization of what could have been threatened to curl his smile, but he fought it back. Kel was old now, more grandfatherly than parental. Too busy, too rash. An infinite stream of excuses came to mind.

He’d just have to settle for spoiling the children of his friends, and that was more than enough for him.

“Is she gifted with the Force as you are, or does her skills lay in other realms? Like espionage,” Kel added jokingly. He took another sip of the dark liquor, imbibing it as if it were liquid treasure.

Evenings like this were seldom seen. He was determined to enjoy every moment.

* Norr moss-tu ~ “And you, strong and dependable”

Tides of Change

BGlsGo2.png

Tags: Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
I really tried to make it work,” Elias said as he placed his hand on Rhiza’s waist. He took the lead as they began to sway, holding her at a comfortable distance for their conversation to flow without feeling too awkward or overly intimate. He furrowed his brow as he realized he may have spoken too vaguely.

With the New Jedi, I mean. Twice now I’ve come and gone from their Order. I was a younger man the first time around, not long after reaching Knighthood.” He sighed as he remembered those days. Everything seemed so cut and dry, so easily interpreted. Every channel was navigable, each challenge surmountable. Sure, it hadn’t felt quite that simple in the moment, but they say that hindsight has perfect vision. He longed for those days, before he was a Master. Before he was a Rebel.

"Perhaps we should enjoy a few dances and then retire somewhere more private to talk?"

Rhiza’s words buzzed around in his ears, a trapping of the mind well attributed to Zygerrians. He didn’t mind, though. Elias doubted the spymaster was up to anything other than offering a solid shoulder to lean on.

That- that sounds nice,” he said, his golden irises catching rays of light from the overhead chandeliers. “I could really use some quiet time to just… talk. I feel like I keep pushing from one place to the next, one crisis to another, and there’s just no room for-” His shoulders sank a bit as he struggled to find the words. Relaxation? No. Peace? Closer.

Then it came to him.

I need to find myself again,” he said, the relief almost audible in his voice.

Last edited:

EPaefJo.png

2oBcVl1.png

Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo

"Then that is what we shall do." she laughed in agreement, wondering if his emphasis on the word "talk" was intentional, it suited the Zygerrian woman fine, show would have enjoyed to see the man relax and simply let his hair down, but something was troubling him, there would be plenty of time for relaxation once he had helped him find peace. "You will be pleased to know I am very good at finding people." she added, a bad joke, made worse by the fact that it was technically true.

The music was fun, the pair danced together for a few songs before she paused and stood away, offering him and arm, would you care to escort me outside Master Edo, I want to see the starlight and have some fresh air. The Riverside balconies were beautiful and private, the perfect place for her to encourage her friend to open up if he wished.

Tides of Change

BGlsGo2.png

Tags: Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png

Elias scrunched his nose in a playful grimace. Many of the Jedi he’d served with before took themselves far too seriously for lighthearted humor. Rhiza made the Rebel crack a smile. He flowed in sync with her through several dances, losing and then finding himself again several times as the music played before their closeness came to an end.

Would you care to escort me outside Master Edo, I want to see the starlight and have some fresh air.

Elias nodded, looking to the nearest exit.

I could use some air myself,” he said with a smile, looping his arm through hers. She was the perfect counterbalance, a pillar of stability and strength where none could be found within him. He was truly honored to have met such a person.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We won't be staying very long. With the war finished, there is even more work to be done to help those who've been hurt because of it." Kahlil flashed a brief smile before turning his attention back to Valery and Kel. Then chuckled.

"It seems it's been too long since you last spoke with your friend, Valery. We're a family of six now. Triplets. And, it seems Vera is indeed quite gifted with the Force. Visions, usually. It's been.. Difficult, at times."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro

XwePI03.png

Seswenna
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro

Valery turned to Ariel and smiled weakly when they were congratulated for winning the war. Sure, it did feel like a big moment, but she knew there was a lot to do still at the same time. Kahlil knew this as well and brought it up when they were asked about staying in the Outer Rim for long. "We can make some time for a meeting or if it's important for helping people," she added, her eyes shifting to Kahlil.

"But we won't be staying for ourselves or to take time off. There's just... too much to do."

Her eyes then turned back to Kel and shifted from him to Kahlil as the kids were brought up. And how long it had been since she last met with the former Alliance senator. Valery smiled sheepishly and raised a hand to rub the back of her neck. "Well, you know me... always busy. It's also not that easy to carry triplets, you know," she joked with a big smirk.

"But he's right. Vera is very gifted in her own way, as difficult as it is. But we're helping her and other Jedi are guiding her as well. So I'm personally very optimistic about the future for our entire family." Once more, she reached for Kahlil's hand and gently squeezed it.

"I also hope you haven't been focusing just on work...?"

XwePI03.png

lf6czeQ.png

You know we all too well to be asking that!” the old Bothan mused.

When your work is both an employment and a passion, the two are rarely separated.

Kel took a generous sip from his glass, pausing for a moment to allow his feline ears and whiskers to twitch along with the vibrant swing tune that filled the place. If he weren’t in such esteemed company, he might have let his shoulders bounce to the rhythm.

I jest, of course, my dear. Work has been plentiful, but I find it far less tedious than before. Much of my focus has been on chartering new alliances with our neighbors on Utapau and Pantora.

Sinkholes and tundras, just what Kel’s arthritic joints needed. But for all the aches and long nights drafting trade agreements, he knew he was serving the people.

And that’s what made life worth living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom