Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future

You know, given I've been really busy I've not been able to pay much attention to OP as I wanted to. But I feel going minor you'd only actually get two, maybe three people to actually play as a PMC company especially with activity of late.

Merging would probably be the best for all involved. And actually we could continue being a PMC after a merger. It would not impede the company progress at all. Best of both worlds.

We're going to lose the territory either way. Go minor, it's gone. Merge, it's gone. So we save nothing there. It's just a merger of people, support and tech. We also sure as heck don't hurt anything by putting our activity behind the pubs. They do align with our general goals with regards to Sith and what not.

Unless we muster the strength to get a couple dominions in, and I still really don't see us keeping a lot of territory if we even do muster the effort. Which btw, we couldn't do for Seltos - So I don't really believe we'd pull off a last couple just for this.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

we still get the majority of our tech without a merger; and anything else we can roleplay gifting to specific factions in rp.

a merger would not give anything other than members if they so choose to move over.

Which doesn't stop anyone from moving over now regardless of a merger or not; this faction started out for 7 months as Omega Pyre the PMC with all manner of types of members.

It can drop down to minor and still be just as inclusive as during the height of its activity.

We keep all of it with a merger, still able to rp how we want. That I say is worth doing. Rather than things being gifted to certain factions, we get to pick what we best align with. Which isn't TU, RA, RR or any of those in the least. We get to do what we want, as we want. Hell, could bribe the pubs into giving us a subforum if we really wanted it and just be a subfaction. No reason not to.

Personally, I don't see how dropping down to minor will magically make OP as inclusive and active as it was during its height. My estimation is at most it would get two, three people, as Coryth said. Omega Pyre had a good run as a PMC, but then it was a major faction (and ironically did not do much in terms of PMCing, but that's another question).

I know I'm moving on and going ahead with the IC plotline that has been in the works for Kaeshana for a good while (namely hitting it with a natural disaster, getting uprooted and starting over).

If the minor faction is just supposed to be a company, then there's little need to have a faction about it. I'm fine with either course, but I see little reason in clinging to the faction as a minor. Either way it will lose its territory and if say OS were to dom Fondor, Omega Pyre can claim it protects the planet and owns the shipyards etc. but will be incapable of actually enforcing that because minors cannot defend themselves.

Trust me when I say that there will be plenty of RP and inclusivity with OmegaPyre as a minor faction, company, and PMC.

While there are areas that are similar to the Republuc, I am not comfortable with the current state of that faction's condition icly it oocly as it stands now. Things are very up in the air with them and tossing a merger along with that is not a good idea for our faction or our members.

Not to mention, it would also need to be voted by the republic members as well.

If we drop down to minor I will be taking over the faction as owner and I will be active in pushing it to do many things as I did at the start of my tenure when we first began.

There are many ideas already in the works and OP members will have plenty of opportunity to work along side it if they so choose.

The One Sith concern has already been considered and we have several venues to go with.

As we wouldn't get any territory gain in a merger, the threat is still the same regardless.

As I am new to this faction, I will abstain as that is only fair. Though i do think you are one coolest neutral factions there are.
I know though if you do go minor, there would be a lot of request for your help on doms.
As major factions move in, to take over the territory you have vacated.
Also if you merge, that should require a thread to, explain it some how.
So you do have activity levels there, as well.

Also is it worth one more dom, to see if you can get activity up. As lot people are ooc posting, as you have sparked an interest in the faction by absentee members.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Cira"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Elaine Thul"]

Weighing in as a faction admin Elaine makes a good point. We do have a renewed interest in the faction now, so maybe we should try to make something so we can see if this is truly the path we wish to take.

Noah Corek said:
Weighing in as a faction admin Elaine makes a good point. We do have a renewed interest in the faction now, so maybe we should try to make something so we can see if this is truly the path we wish to take.

A renewed interest in the faction for how long.

We got renewed interest with Ayden, and that lasted a few months. Then we got renewed interest with HK, which lasted about two weeks. We briefly got renewed interest with me, but that lasted about as long as it did with HK. The event gave some life to a dead horse, but the fact we're even having this discussion means 'renewed interest' isn't enough.

I got exactly zero responses to this thread in the 24 hour period before I sent the Mass PM. That doesn't strike you as off? Or unsuitable for a 'major faction'?

That's not a lack of activity. That's also a lack of care.

Everything has an expiration date, and just because the body is twitching doesn't mean its alive.

Fact of the matter is we're no longer relevant. And that's not just a criticism levied against OP; the Mandalorians are going through a similar lull in activity. The Fringe is about to disappear from the map, and the Techno Union is the, what, third or fourth reiteration of the same faction? There are only two factions who continue to maintain high activity and participation - the Republic and the One Sith.

What can we offer as a major faction that they don't already offer?

More than two years run for a faction that was made without the slightest bit of canon backing is a good one, I'd say.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ayden Cater said:
Fact of the matter is we're no longer relevant.
I laughed when you said this. It's so true. I keep running into the same wall with all the new writers anywhere I go on this website.

I've been to the Crystal Caves on IIum three times now with the Pubs. Each time the host thinks that reenacting the Clone Wars episode has never been done before. :(

I've seen the same "what is a Dark Jedi?" topic posted 4 times. Each time the host think that it's an original question. :(

I've even had a new writer come up to me with a great new idea. To use Warhammer 40k equipment to kill Force Users. Because bolters are an original idea to 2015. :(

It's like a running gag now. Like everything the veterans have ever done is irrelevant. New writers only want to join Factions with zero learning curves. Like the Pubs and Sith. And even then they still post topics over and over again about: Why don't the Pubs own Coruscant. Lol.

If new players are the life blood of keeping a Faction invigorated? Selling custom factions get's harder the older we become. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom