Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future

As summer has set in, my activity has seriously waned which isn't what we need from a Faction Owner. But beyond that, I've known for probably the past six or seven months that the Protectorate has outlived its lifespan. Every faction has its expiration date sooner or later, especially non-canon ones. You've a peak in popularity, some skating, and then you drift off.

I know some members have already made their plans to prepare for the faction potentially going minor, and that's fine. It's good to plan ahead.

We can either elect a new Owner, or we can have the faction do something else. Maybe merge with the Republic so they can get some of the territory. I'm not overly attached to the idea but they've always been our biggest 'ally.' Otherwise we just go minor and enjoy our stories as we are doing currently.

With the Fringe merging with the Primeval our only real 'enemies' are the likes of the Vitae Alliance, the Rebels and the Union, none of which are exactly huge driving forces in the Major scene. I think that speaks volumes about where we've found ourselves.

I won't make this a vote thread, I'll make this a discussion thread. I say we should close up shop as a major faction. At this point we haven't deserved to be on the map in probably close to a year. It was a good run, but I think its time to say goodbye to the good ol' days.

I've never been active with the Protectors - but since the Do or Dine is in OP territory, and Dekkan has made a friendly acquaintance with your old HK droid, it seemed fitting he'd sit under their umbrella. However I remember the days when OP used to live up to that gaming acronym. I'd love to see that happen again - be the Force to be reckoned with. I don't know much about the faction currently, but you guys have been here since the beginning, and it would be a shame for such a long lasting custom faction to go by the wayside.

Merging with the Republic is honestly the best way to ensure that Protectorate resources don't find themselves wasted by the faction's dissolution. I tried to get into the spirit of OP, but it just didn't click with me considering my lack of muse now. Nonetheless, if the faction's going to fold, I'd prefer seeing that the resources of the OP are put to good use and not left out to be scavenged by whoever chooses to accrue them.

I've been pondering this and have thought that a great way to ensure our tech remains with OP and without having to merge, is to simply return to the PMC aspect of Omega Pyre.

It is already a Tier 5 company and very nearly a tier 6, with a minor faction and the company rules, keeping the bulk of our tech beyond the super large items ( which can easily be gifted away to trusted counterparts) means that as a PMC we can go back to our roots.

As a minor and the owner of Omega Pyre, I am perfectly willing to be the FO for this to drive activity for it. ( as an RPJ i can't be a FO for a major, but certainly can step in for a minor)

The company has Fondor shipyards, Thyferra, and abregadorae under it's umbrella of protection -- so those assets are okay. The planets may become neutral, but the assets are still ours.

I support dissolution. OP was an awesome faction and had a good run, but it's time has past. Best to free up map space and open it for others. I guess it's quite fitting in a way that both OP and Fringe close up shop after being rivals and enemies for so long.

The Eldora and Firemane have been going ahead with an IC plot line to move on for a while, which'll result in Kaeshana being destroyed and the elves settling on a new world outside of OP space, though Firemane'll be maintaining its business assets on Abregado-Rae, Dahomey etc.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

The Rebels and Vitae aren't enemies. They are fighting alongside the Republic against the OS and TU.

As for melding into a faction, if it's what is needed, I'll support the OP wherever it goes.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

I expanded, it needs to be clear we aren't surrounded. There are allies in the area. As for the faction, I have to believe this faction, minor or major, will endure. I'll do everything I can to keep it active and alive.

It can easily endure as a minor. It cannot as a major. Multiple times it's reached a low where it didn't deserve to be on the map, and every time (usually with the election of a new leader) there is just enough activity to give people hope that it'll carry on.

Likely, its reached its expiration date as a major faction.

And no, we aren't surrounded. But enemies is in quotes for a reason. You're honing in on a very specific part of the discussion that no one else is really bothering with.

If it weren't for HK and Sio, Rekha wouldn't have a story line, or a roof over her head. And then there's her friendship with [member="Dekkan Fray"] . Everything she has is because of the Protectorate.

I may not be real active but I'm with you in whatever you decide to do. I can live with a minor status.

I'm not really an entity anywhere, but I think Cira has the right idea. Gift those things that minor's can't have to whomever you think will utilize them the best and return to PMC and Minor status, keeping all the tech that you can and the production of said tech.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
Dissolution is wise. Keep going as a minor faction.

All factions have a use by date, and this is the end. We’ve done well, but for the last year we’ve done very little of note. It’s time to close up shop, move on, let the story continue.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I run a lot of Karen's stories between Fondor and Corellia. IC my ties are to the territory. OOC, HK was always keeping me around. But I haven't been a 'real-real' member of the Faction for awhile now. However, OP's greatest strength was always found in the attitude of it's writers. So. Whatever happens? I believe that strength will always endure. :)

Minor and Corporate seems like a good change of pace.

..N..O..N..L..E..T..H..A..L..
On the train of not being as active as I would like to be or should be.

In the best interests of story continuation for those involved, going minor and back to PMC as Cira stated is a good choice.

It's something that shouod have happened a long time ago, but you cant blame people for wanting to give it another good old college try.

We can wait until the 21st. That's one week plenty.

We can take tabs on what to do then and how to move forward icly as well.

Plus any rebranding and allocation of tech based on if we want to merge or simply go minor/company.

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
The little Ropo stepped forward, his hat glistening in the artificial light, his tutu shimmering from a slight breeze of the oscillating fan before him.
"Biscuits..."
The little Ropo took a breath before motioning his hands, and showing off the shiny medals that marked him the Ropo Lord of Hoth and Supreme Comandante General of Cuteness.
"Biscuits... Biscuits, Biscuits Biscuits."
Nodding, he looked forward, raising his arms as high as they would go.
"Biscuits! Biscuits! Biscuits!"
It was clear by his speech that he felt that the Protectorate needed to push forward with a Galaxy that was soon to need protection rather than hiding in the Republic. All he needed was a few good women or men (or even droids) to form the Knights of Hoth and he would live up to his conquering ways....
Or honestly he could just be really zealous about biscuits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a small note that I would like to make. With Almira Magrath I've been attempting to get her faction the Raulynate up and off the ground. With the Lords of the Fringe merging with the Primeval, I've decided that much of their activity would be taking place towards their former territory. I'm also looking at a possibility for a resurgence of the Knights of Kal'Shebbol, with plans to put these factions as major players in the area, perhaps a new / fresh enemy or the resurgence of a former ally would aid in boosting activity and story creation for the Protectorate.
However I will follow in the ultimate decision, as after all, Lilicky has to keep [member="Cira"] and [member="Tegaea Alcori"] out of trouble.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Cira"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

*sighs*

I know I've always been the most stubborn when it comes to letting the faction go but even my thick skull can cave under this pressure. I'll admit, I'll miss the Omega Protectorate, there were a lot of fun things, not to say they'll be any less fun with us going minor. But if you love something you gotta let it go and if it was truly meant to be it'll come back. But we'll still get to be the best most kick-ass mercs in the galaxy sooo yeah. Though I think we should merge with the Republic so they can at least have some of our territory.

[member="Basaba Willamina"]
BTW your owe me posts missy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom