Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future of the Omega Protectorate

What Happens Now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to do what I suggested, then cast your vote anew ;)

In essence, it wasn't the territory that we had that defined us as Omega Pyre or the Omega Protectorate...

it was the members, our principles, and what we did.. -how- we did it.

I can totally see OP as a minor even helping the Rebellion.

Use this as ic story plots! Let it drive you. ;)

Stick to minor and keep the essence of OP alive!!!

Recast your votes if you want. :)

This has always been about what the members wanted. The last months have seen our numbers drop from being equal with the Republic and Empire, to below major faction status. Therefore, I made this choice.

However, each of you who wish to continue as a minor, rebel faction, you may do so, and so on.

My decision is unchanged by this. Moira joins AE, Sio falls to the dark side and goes rogue, fighting those who wronged OP. Minor faction will just mean losing everything. After all, if they have territory they get swallowed up and its neighbours would certainly pounce on it. It means all the hard work put into the group going down the drain. It also does not solve the problem that there is no one really left to take over leadership.

If an OP Remnant wants to help the Rebels - I can see my space elf joining their ranks and several OP members have done so already - then the logical choice would be to join them outright.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
And if we merge the same thing will happen,but at least if we become a minor faction,we can still fight our way back to the top and retake what was once ours.

We'd only lose territory, not our tech, our principles, nor our way of life.

Going down the drain? the area proposed to be "kept" in a merger is due to two dominions, with a gratifying hand in territory given.

Dahomey and Denon were the only two planets we dominioned to get them, Fondor, Thyferra, and Abregadorae were given to us as the initial three planets.

The hard work is in the storyline and what we make of it, the map is just the big game of "Risk" we choose to use in table top.

Doesn't stop anyone from still roleplaying in those territories or our companies, like Omega Star Corp is STILL with the faction.... we'll just have to ensure our assets are still being run. xD

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
To me all of these choices suck

It's up to each one of us to determine which one is not as sucky to us and pick that one, the amount of suckiness in each option can change with personal view

Goodness gracious, if it takes -I'LL- come back and lead as faction admin and do ooc stuff while members do ic stuff to lead things.

I am busy with buying a home and moving and all that, but for this, i'll do my ooc stuff as a minor faction.

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
Ladies and Gentlemen.

We are truly at a cross roads at this point in time. Each path can either protect or break the Omega Protectorate. In this time of difficulty and possible change we should not be bickering amongst ourselves and allowing OP to fracture and break. We should not weaken the faction by allowing infighting to seed and grow between our members. We are a point where we must remain united in a singular goal. A singular voice and vision. We have a chance here and now to either lead OP into a new future or allow it to slip into the darkness and languish in our shadow just as so many empires have done upon the loss of their golden age.

It is true we have options, however are those options the right ones for OP? We can merge with the Atrisian Empire; allow our force users to be registered and watched, though is that really what OP would stand for/does stand for? We can join the Republic whom at this very moment are contemplating and thinking it a good idea to have the Sith as their allies. Who would rather crack down on those of us from OP joining their ranks due to what OP believed in and how we represented ourselves and how we acted.

Once more becoming a minor faction and keeping OP alive are also options; however we can not keep OP alive if it remains stagnant. Sadly we must face the truth that in this time we are just that. OP has stagnated with the addition of new factions and our member's activity becoming lacking. However this gives us a true opportunity that must be seen through the rough. We have a chance to turn OP into something more unique, into a faction to rival all others.

We must be focused in our goal. We must revive OP like a phoenix from the ashes.

Clearly there is one being among us whom can lead this glorious revival.

There is one being that will move the Galaxy in awe.

I therefore vote that something must be done to change OP; to allow it the rebirth it needs.

Thus it is clear what we must do. It shall be Supreme Commandante General of Cuteness Lilicky that shall pull OP into the future.

All Hail Lilicky! All Hail the Mighty Biscuit!

Let the Galaxy tremble before us.

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
An Amendment to my previous post.

I hereby support and fully endorse that following.

That it is such in these times that we must come together in our hour of need. In our time of change; to see to our future as the rising Phoenix, that we must gather.

I therefore call upon these members as such to vote into office.

Exarch Lilicky

I suggest this vote be deferred until around Xmas when my resignation ultimatum has come up.

If activity continues in the next two weeks we don't need to do anything.

If it doesn't then we revisit this question.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Merge with Republic. Let the writers reshuffle themselves for the New Year. Next summer we can do this whole thing again in a heartbeat. Until then, I could use a break. I think we all could. No shame. It's just a game.

And if anybody asks, just say we all took after Illie's example. A much needed vacation. All heart baby. Team sport. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Come on Kerrigan. That's all IC. Who cares. Omega is it's writers. And so is the Republic. We are not, our Faction. We are members of a larger community. The decision about what happens to Omega came about because of OOC reasons, is being discussed OOC, and should be reasoned and tempered with OOC discussion.

That said. It is a great question. No sweat. My personal OOC reasoning is... Lol. ...The stronger the Republic can be OOC, the less likely they will feel the need to garner peace treaties with their IC enemies. I believe Aleidis' writer created those strange IC situations in an attempt to keep the Republic from being Invaded. IE: She let the Meta influence her Factions decision to compromise on their values. And I also believe that with enough support, her writer could be convinced that their Faction is strong enough to endure PvP with grand frequency.

I'm not afraid to throw the dog a bone and see if it decides to defend itself. Omega and it's writers will be fine no matter what happens. We are the Alpha writers. The untouchables. IMO, the Republic's writers need all the help they can get. Not our petty scorn, self-righteousness, and prideful nature. Do they suck? Yes. By their own political decisions, they are retards. But that only increases my compassion towards them.

Besides. The Republic isn't the one about to lose all their planets. Lol. :D

Words from someone who did little for the faction. And in any case a decision has already been made. I find it interesting that now all of the sudden various people who were not active come out of the wood work to dispense 'words of wisdom' as if they were the ones keeping the faction active. But then you already said submission to the Republic, which many chars here can't stand was always your 'grand agenda'.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Okay. I get it. I offended you. I betrayed some expectation or crossed a line. Look. I'm sorry Kerrigan.

Listen. I brought myself to this Faction as a defeated man. I was Flint Pherson. OOC Faction Leader of the Republic. The biggest leader in Anti-Sith operations I could possibly be. And I failed. I failed them Kerrigan. The members of the Republic I was leading and serving. I let them have their Senate. I let the members of my Faction do whatever they wanted. When I left? They began to allow all kinds of perverted things into the Faction. And I blamed myself for letting the mob get what they wanted. I was not an Omega founder when I walked in those doors. I was a broken stray. A Moses who couldn't bear to watch Rostu's beloved Republic tear itself apart like the Children of Israel coveting the Golden Calf.

There was only one Faction at the time who held true to their beliefs. Omega. Omega's writers let their characters fight evil on there own terms. No political correctness, no speeches about pacifism, and no rose-colored glass through which everything would be alright. Your character knew that better than all of them.

I might have done nothing for this Faction in your opinion. But I will always be thankful for what Siobhan stood for. For what the Lady Protector stood for. And for everything this Faction ever accomplished. So thank you Kerrigan. I'm sorry I couldn't live up to your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom