Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Forgotten Jedi Master

wb1.png

TAGS:
Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce
alexboarder.png

Braze wandered through the familiar halls of the Jedi Temple, his footsteps echoing softly in the quiet corridors. He felt a mix of nervousness and excitement swirling inside him, like a thousand butterflies fluttering in his stomach. Seeking out Jedi Master Gabriel Pryce, the history teacher, wasn't something he had done before. The tall and imposing figure of the Jedi Master had always intimidated him.

His heart raced as he approached the door to Master Pryce's quarters. He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should knock or just barge in. Taking a deep breath, he raised his hand and knocked on the door gently, the sound resonating through the otherwise peaceful hallway.

The door hissed open immediately. Garbiel Pryce stood in the doorway, a dark shadow hanging over him. He loomed in the doorway, towering over the white-haired padawan. He guessed they were a padawan at least due to his youth and his padawan braid. He quirked a brow.

"Is something amis Padawan?" He rubbed his temples, and grimaced, the realization coming upon him. "This is about the books, isn't it. I told Master Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla that I would have them returned later this week. My research has just been...Slow."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

"Good to know you have a library debt to be paid. " Braze chirped softly. He fussed with the edges of his sleeves briefly and raised a fist to his lips and coughed lightly. " But that's not why ~I'm~ here. " Braze said with a chirp and smirked walking right into his office. Braze looked about curiously. " I wanted to ask for your advice.... Maybe you could help me with some things I've been thinking about.. "

Recognition sparked behind Gabriel's eyes and he stepped back into his office.

"Then by all means Padawan Braze," He gestured inside. His office was a mess. Datacrons and datapads littered his desk and flimsi documents covered the floor. The office had a decent view of the Coruscant skyline and the Temple Quarter but other than a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf and the desk there was little to decorate the office. It was a shared space after all. Wu Yong stood in the corner looking through his monocle magnifier to scan a kyper crystal the size of Gabe's thumb.

"What did you need?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze looked about the messy office and was nosily looking over a few bits and bobs curiously. He turned about and smiled perking up at the mention of actually being called a padawan. He drew up a hand and toyed with the braid self consciously twirling it about a pale finger.

"I need advice..." he trailed before a devious smirk graced his visage as he turned about looking up at the intimidating figure of Master Pryce.
"I was reading about Jedi fashion from a long time ago, and their robes had some wild designs. Do you think it's time we bring back bell-bottomed Jedi robes and disco lightsabers? The galaxy could use some groovy Jedi fashion, don't you think?"

Braze continued on with a rather excited tone to his voice shifting from the initial seriousness it'd started with- he was shaving some trouble keeping a straight face.

"Master, I have this theory that ancient Jedi used to have secret dance-offs to resolve conflicts peacefully. What do you think? And can we organize a Jedi dance battle? It would be epic!"

Gabriel was...Confused. He took a seat at his desk and watched the Padawan carefully. Was this some sort of joke? Well, if he remembered correctly, the youth had never been attentive the few times they had actually decided to show to any of his lessons when they were a youngling and so he doubted whatever poor soul had gotten them as their Padawan truly expected Braze to complete any real assignments. Maybe this was some clever way to get them to seek true history? He inwardly beamed at the thought of someone so clever as to trick the young Braze into actually doing work.

"Eherm," Gabriel cleared his throat. "It would indeed be good for the Galaxy if the Jedi and Sith could fight it out with song and dance. Alas this is not the case. The era in which I believe you are speaking was called the High Republic and at that time it had been several generations since the last true Sith had been seen. There were other threats, however, many of which dancing would not have been an option. For example, the Dark Side-aligned entities known as the Drengir were a hive-minded carnivorous plant species that dominated the Outer Rim. They devoured and assimilated anyone they could, including Jedi, leading some down a dark path." The tirade wouldn't stop.

He continued speaking on the horrors of the short Drengir war, even standing up and pacing back and forth, full lecture mode activated.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze frowned, he totally missed the joke! Zoom! Right over the head. Braze suppressed the desire to groan as Pryce went off on his little story. He resisted the urge to tell him his stories might be less boring if he added blaster and wookie sound effects for flair.

"You know, Master Pryce, learning about ancient battles is fun and all, but I'd love to hear some juicy Jedi gossip from centuries ago. So, in the history of the Jedi Order, were there any famous Jedi couples? You know, like legendary Jedi love stories? I wonder if any Jedi ever used the Force to send secret love messages to each other. Like, through the mind or something? What do you think Master Pryce?"

The words came out from the Padawan's mouth faster than a womp rat through a loth cat's lair. He put out a hand to stop the Padawan, but he just kept going and going.

"Woah, woah, woah." Finally the padawan stopped talking, the silence sweeter than a slice of ryshcate. "There were many powerful Jedi Couples, especially after the Jedi Order's reconstitution under the legendary Luke Skywalker. Some would say those unions only caused more trouble and hardship in the galaxy. Such unions produced the Sith Lord Darth Caedus but also heroes such as Corran Horn and his children. Even before that there were powerful Jedi dynasties like the Halcyon of Corellia and the Shan of the Old Republic." He paused.

"As far as telepathy...True Telepathy is an incredibly difficult technique to learn. Even the great Luke Skywalker, despite his powerful connection to his son and his wife was only reported to send vague feelings or images through the Force." His thoughts briefly turned to his childhood and one person came to him unbidden. Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo , Daisy, her smiling face filling his thoughts. "So while not impossible, there were definitely no Jedi Padawans sending telepathic love notes."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze nodded lightly seemingly able to pay some attention to Master Pryce's words this time around.
"What about dating? You ever been on a nice date with someone, Master Pryce?" Braze inquired, genuinely curious about his Master's experiences.

"What do you think the best idea is for a date?" Braze followed up with. " I mean that is if you've ever been on a date~?" It would seem the little white-haired impish youth had a newfound interest in relationships and their inner workings.

Braze could sense and feel the shift in the elder. "I... I'm sorry, Master Pryce," Braze replied, his tone now much more subdued and apologetic. "I didn't mean to bring up anything difficult." He moved to step over to his desk and moved to slip a gloved hand into his jacket withdrawing an odd object that looked much akin to a tile piece, and set it on the desk's surface.

The stone piece appears weathered and ancient, bearing the weight of time and history within its rough surface. Upon closer inspection, faint, mystical symbols and sigils can be seen etched into the stone, each representing a lost language of the Sith.

"I'll ask someone else. " Braze chirped padding towards the door way. " Thank you for your time. "

Gabriel's melancholy was washed away, a feeling of dread and cold replacing it. His hand snapped out and gripped the boy's wrist tightly, pulling him back into the room. He clamped down on his wrist.

"Where," he asked through clenched teeth, "Did you get this?" He recognized the language. Ur-Kittât, the language of the ancient Sith. It was still used in rituals today, mostly poorly by devotees of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . "Wu Yong!" he snapped. The droid jumped a bit, startled by his master's sudden shout.

"Yes sir?"

"Scan this," he muttered, gripping it with the Force and levitating it into Wu Yong's outstretched palm. The droid pulled his magnifier from behind his head, the gyros swiveling.

"Hm, I can't seem to decipher this stone's origin Master Pryce. The stone looks nominally similar to many other Sith tombs excavated, but that-"

"Is just a derivative of modern permacrete, yes, yes." His grip on Braze's wrist tightened. "But is it from the Bogan collection? How did this slimy little bilgefrog get this?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze was startled as his wrist was suddenly taken up in a firm grip. " N... no... It's not from any of the temple's collections." Braze stated somewhat taken aback by how serious Pryce had gotten.

He took a breath and shook his head before attempting perhaps futilely to pry his wrist free of Pryce and put some distance between them. Braze was still just a child and he was on the runty side of things too. Braze had yet to really hit that stage in life where many of his peers surpassed him and had started to grow and develop.

"It was in a small place called Aetherialynn. I went there for a training field trip and wandered off. I uh... I ... well I fell into the antechamber and met Ali-..." he stopped himself from saying her full name, remembering where it was he had wandered to. "W... we were doing puzzles together... There were uhh... some weird things but it started falling apart when Ali stepped on the floor. "

Indeed the part of the wall fragment was not from any of their collections here in the temple.​
The stone was unlike anything they had seen in the Jedi temple, and its unique markings suggested a purpose far beyond mere architecture.

The back of the fragment bore intricate engravings that hinted at its connection to a larger, intricate mechanism. The markings seemed to depict a complex network of gears and interlocking components as if the wall had once been a part of a colossal machine crafted entirely from stone. From careful observation, Pryce couldn't help but feel a peculiar energy emanating from the stone. It was as if the very essence of the Force lingered within these ancient etchings, a testament to the significance of the artifact.

It was evident that the tile had once been part of a grand mechanism, perfectly fitted into its rightful place, playing a vital role within the tomb's design. They might have stumbled upon a piece of an intricate puzzle that had been lost to time. The tile's markings appeared to reveal a ritualistic nature imbued within its design. Symbols hinted at ancient traditions and sacred practices adorned its surface, suggesting that this stone had been a central element in a grand and mystical ceremony.

This discovery opened up a plethora of questions. What was the purpose of this intricate mechanism? What ancient ceremony had been performed within these walls, and what wisdom or power did it unlock?

jeditemplebanner.png

GAPostBreaker.png
When Braze tried to extricate himself from his grip, his hand tightened. The boy was small, scrawny, and his big hand was wrapped entirely around it like a pair of Mandalorian Crushgaunts. His eyes narrowed.

"Ali? Is another Padawan? Who was the Knight or Master that took you on this trip? What planet?"

"Master Pryce, I believe you are frightening the Padawan."
The fierceness in his eyes softened and he released Braze's wrist, his gloved hands leaving behind angry red marks. He felt disgusted with himself. This young lad had come to him with questions and he'd nearly broken his wrist. A bit of the Blade had returned. So much blood.

He shut the thoughts out, slamming the blast door shut.

"Give it here," he said to Wu Yong as he pulled his gloves off. "Maybe I can see something,"

Braze moved to step back a few steps putting distance between himself and Pryce. His hand moved to gently cover his wrist and he flexed his fingers softly. There were remnants of crystal droplets at the edge of his soft somber Jade green eyes as he looked to Pryce trying to understand what happened or what caused him to be so upset all of a sudden.

"It was a trip conducted by Master Raene. I told you it was on Aetherialynn.. " Braze offered in a diminutive tone. " I'm sorry Master Pryce. I didn't mean to upset you. " He offered in a hushed tone finding it hard to connect to the man or understand him. His naivete was too vast to really understand Pryce's perspective. But he could definitely feel his emotions. "I thought you might find the piece of wall interesting. I didn't mean any harm by it. " He just about squeaked as he shied away from him.

Braze watched Pryce curiously wondering what he was going to do with the piece of wall. "A... Are you going to be okay Master Pryce?" Braze asked tentatively uncertain of himself.

He markedly didn't divulge anything further about Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru not wanting her to be confronted by Pryce in any way. There was that lingering desire to want to protect her that he couldn't place the real reason as to why he felt that way, especially now.

Pryce quirked a brow at the Padawan. Maybe he had been too harsh. He tended to forget he was human when it came to work like this, his emotions stunted and his interactions blunted. Wu Yong clanked over and handed Gabriel the rock. The Dark Side was heavy in it. Impressive for such a small piece. He shook his head at Braze.

"I'm not upset Padawan. Not as much as I am ferociously curious about this stone. I've never heard of that world before. Or this Master Raene, though that isn't surprising. There are many Jedi Masters and knights that have been elevated during this time of peace." He sighed, centering himself. Gabriel was not Kiffar and so Psychometry did not come easily to him. It was a skill he had learned working with the Kiffu Guardians and he'd had to learn it before his wife's family granted him the right to adopt their Qukuuf facial tattoo.

"I'll be okay..." he said softly as his mind drifted into the currents of the Force.

I0x7kcm.gif

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Gabriel's senses wavered as his thoughts were pulled into the depths of the Force, his vision clouding over as a dreamlike quality settled around him. He found himself standing on the precipice of an ancient and foreboding Sith Tomb, watching as the unfolding events between Braze and the young blonde girl, Aliris, took place.

Initially, he saw the blond girl alone, and using force lightning to try and get the puzzle door to open- Shortly though Braze seemed to tumble down from a shaft in the cavern's ceiling. After a brief introduction, the two seemed to ponder the door puzzle together.

The two Force-sensitive beings, one so innocent and the other so cunning, moved together in a swirling dance, the echoes of their earlier Force-driven winds still hanging in the air. Braze and the blonde girl were engaged in a dance before the puzzle-locked door to the tomb- one that required the answer of 'air' to open. Their dance of wind engaged by Braze worked to unlock the door.

The darkness of the tomb seemed to drink in all light, a place where shadows clung greedily to crumbled walls and ancient relics. The heavy air was thick with the tantalizing scent of power and decay. From within the gaping entrance, the very energy of the tomb seemed to beckon, tempting them to draw closer.

Braze, with his youthful exuberance and trust, was visibly taken by the wonderment of the place, his eyes wide with a mix of excitement and fear. Aliris, on the other hand, exuded an air of mischief, her eyes glinting as they darted toward Braze's unattended training saber.

Gabriel saw her seize the opportunity, swiftly snatching the kyber crystal from Braze's saber. Her hands moved with practiced ease, a dance of fingers betraying her hidden agenda. Braze, lost in the spectacle of the tomb, did not notice her betrayal until it was too late.

The dreamlike quality of Gabriel's vision gave the scene an ethereal feel, as though he were watching a holovid choreographed by fate and temptation. There were three relics on a raised dais. Aliris stepped forwards seeking to grasp the artifacts. She stepped on a tile triggering a trap that caused the very tomb to shift and break apart, the walls mechanisms of their own breaking appart as they churned once activated...

The tomb itself was alive, a lurking entity waiting to challenge them. Its floors shifted and walls turned, revealing the dark chasms and intricate traps that lay in wait. The words of the ominous riddle resonated through the dark corridors, a haunting promise of what awaited those who dared to tread further.

"From the shadows I arise, a force untamed,

In darkness, my power forever claimed.

In the hearts of the weak, my influence takes hold,

With each step toward the abyss, they're forever sold."

The answer was to fall downwards and embrace the darkness below.

Not something Aliris or Braze did. They desperately moved to climb out toward the light up above as the entrance crumbled around the sections of floor breaking away and plat forms sinking into cavern walls. Braze seems to climb higher up and latch on to a protruding hook in the walls near the vaulted caverns ceilings and he helps pull the blonde girl up and place her closer to the exit seemingly as the cost of losing his own grip. This was when the piece of tile seemingly fell into Braze's attire.

The vision was a fleeting thing, a moment suspended in time, a memory bound to the very rock that Gabriel held.

With a gasp, Gabriel's mind snapped back to the present, the echoes of the tomb still ringing in his ears. The dreamlike quality of the vision lingered, leaving a haunting imprint that spoke of mysteries yet to be unraveled. The story that unfolded within the Sith Tomb was a puzzle, a warning and a hint to progress further. There were very real artifacts there and that voice that echoed was very likely the lingering spirit of a sith practitioner.

"From the shadows I arise, a force untamed,

In darkness, my power forever claimed.

In the hearts of the weak, my influence takes hold,

With each step toward the abyss, they're forever sold."

Gabriel snapped back to reality, pulled from the flow of the Force. One hand steadied him on his desk, the other held his head in his hand. Psychometry was difficult for him and a vision of this magnitude had taken a lot of him, the whispers of the Dark Side still slithering through his mind and whispering to his soul.

"You," he said raggedly, "Were not entirely truthful to me Padawan." Wu Yong took a tentative step forward, one hand out to steady his master. It seemed to realize that Gabriel was best left untouched in this state and backed away, its photoreceptors blinking and its head turning to look at Braze.

"Give me your lightsaber Padawan Braze."

Braze's expression tightened into a frown as he listened to Master Pryce's words. The ability the Master had just demonstrated was unfamiliar to him, and he felt somewhat uneasy, not fully grasping the implications. When commanded to hand over his training saber, he dutifully unclipped it from his belt and offered it to the Master.

The saber itself was a utilitarian model, clearly designed for training purposes. What made it unique were the three different types of locks installed on the power adjuster. These locks ensured the saber stayed on its lowest setting—powerful enough to leave welts, perhaps minor burns, but nothing more severe.

Upon closer inspection, Master Pryce would notice that the saber's shortcomings were not limited to its absent crystal. A critical focusing lens was also missing from its construction. Braze had been aware of these limitations for a while. On previous missions where he knew in advance that he'd have to use a lightsaber, he had borrowed a crystal from another saber. However, his own weapon had long needed some serious upgrades, something he had been intending to address.

Saber Psychometry

If Gabriel chose to employ psychometry on the training saber, his senses would be flooded with a series of vivid impressions deeply ingrained into the weapon. The initial vision would present a complex battlefield scenario. Braze was seen first clashing with the young blonde girl, their blades meeting in a storm of sparks and tension. But the scene quickly changed, showing Braze pivoting to defend the same girl. Armed with this very saber—though temporarily enhanced with a borrowed crystal and without power limitations—he severed the hands of an Ashlander who was threatening her. Throughout this vision, Gabriel would sense a menacing presence enveloping the girl, indicative of some sort of Sith spirit possession.

A second vision would take Gabriel to another intense scene. Here, Braze and the blonde girl stood side by side against a ferocious Sith-spawned 'dragon.' Initially, the girl tried taming the creature but eventually gave up, opting instead to join forces with Braze to subdue it.

The third snapshot showed Braze in collaboration with Ko, Loomi, and the same blonde girl. Together, they were deeply engrossed in combat, each contributing their skills to fend off monstrous entities during the purification of Ukatis's Nexus.

Aside from these vivid and emotionally charged moments, Gabriel would find little else etched into the saber. It seemed the weapon had primarily seen action in these significant instances.

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

Braze Braze

GAPostBreaker.png

Gabriel's brow quirked questioningly at the hollow thing he was given. It was much lighter than his own lightsaber and more so even than the shoto he'd made together with Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo all those years ago. His gloved hand wrapped around the hilt, his thumb running over the activator switch of the training blade.

"You haven't yet made your own blade?" He asked. This was the shell of one of the training sabers that Younglings used. He tossed a meaningful look over to Wu Yong who was also examining the lightsaber, his macro lense active, its servos whirring as it zoomed in and out from a distance.

"Indeed odd for a Padawan of your age. For any Padawan for that matter." Wu Yong said.

"Didn't you grow up in the temple Braze?" Many things were starting to make sense and for a time the Sith artifact was forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom