Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Forgotten Jedi Master

wb1.png

TAGS:
Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce
alexboarder.png
An air of apprehension clung to Braze as he watched Gabriel, his usually bright demeanor clouded by concern. However, when the questions were posed, a noticeable shift occurred in the young Padawan. His presence in the moment intensified, as if he were suddenly more anchored to the here and now. Gone were the snarky quips and playful jokes he often used as a shield against discomfort or intimidation. Instead, he focused solely on Gabriel, offering a level of rapt attention that felt refreshingly genuine.
"You haven't yet made your own blade?"
"N-no Sir. " Braze started lightly before continuing. " I- I've been tasked with the creation of one. " Braze offered softly. " I've finalized my design ideas, however, I've not gathered what I need, to work on it just yet." He explained in a soft tone of voice moving to fuss at the edges of his sleeves.
"Didn't you grow up in the temple Braze?"

"Well, it's a bit complicated," Braze began, hesitating as he searched for the right words to encapsulate his unique journey. "I joined the Jedi Order a bit later than most. Many of my peers were practically raised within the Temple walls, but I came here when I was older." His voice carried a note of uncertainty; he wasn't sure if Master Pryce was familiar with his Creche Master or the initial challenges he faced trying to integrate—a puzzle piece that seemed to fit nowhere.

"I've spent about six or seven years of my life here,"
he added softly.

Unspoken was the emotionally charged history behind his late arrival. Unlike many younglings who grew up in the Jedi Order, Braze had spent his early years with his biological parents. However, as his Force sensitivities began to manifest—unexpectedly and alarmingly—they found themselves overwhelmed. Unable to understand, much less manage, his burgeoning abilities, they turned to the Jedi Order, practically pleading for his admission.

Though he left this part unsaid, Braze couldn't help but feel that his parents had, in a sense, given up on him. It was a sensitive topic, one that still tugged at the seams of his emotional fabric. The sensation of abandonment, whether justified or not, left a mark that he had yet to fully come to terms with.

jeditemplebanner.png

Braze Braze
GAPostBreaker.png

"You had an earlier start than I did," His bushy brows furrowed, memories from what felt like a lifetime ago flittering back to him as he turned from the padawan and began rumaging through the shelves behind his desk. They held all manner of things, from glowing holobooks to flimsi and paper leather bound books. Datachrons that looked like Jedi holochrons, old miniture star maps...It was an eclectic gathering of Jedi knickknacks.

"I didn't get my start until I was about your age. Went to a normal school, lived a normal life." He began to pull out one of the books and paused. "Then Tython..." he sighed and pulled the book from the shelf and began flipping through it. "I almost didn't make it. My father wanted me to join the Survey Corps instead. Help the Jedi that way. But I was dead set on becoming a Knight." He eyed Braze.

"You are lucky to have grown up in the Temple, I think. But it seems that either your teachers did not think you ready or they simply did not prepare you." Wu Yong stepped forward, its yellow photoreceptors staring Braze down.

"Padawan Braze, if you would like, I would be happy to assist you in constructing your lightsaber."

"He'll have to stick with the practice blade for now. You're showing me that planet. Who did you say your master was? This Master Raene?"

wb1.png
@
alexboarder.png

v_2_.png

Braze looked on as Gariel searched through various items.

"I was initially on a training operation with Master Tirin Raene Tirin Raene . Since then, I've been apprenticed to Master Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , who was gracious enough to think I could contribute in meaningful ways; Master Kai'el has been very kind to me. I honestly feel un deserving of such attention. " Braze listened as Gabriel explained a bit of his own past catching the youth's interest. "Did you feel it was... your calling? What made you feel 'st' on becoming a knight?" Braze asked with a respectful tone. His face brightened considerably when Wu Yong spoke up again.

"Padawan Braze, if you would like, I would be happy to assist you in constructing your lightsaber."

"I would really appreciate that! I've been toying with some designs, but I'm not entirely sure about them yet," Braze said, pulling out a small data stick and handing it over. "I've saved my drafts here; feel free to take a look."

Braze had toyed with multiple ideas but seemed to be especially focused on two specific designs. "These should cover the basic components needed for functionality," he mentioned softly, referring to the sketches and data on the stick.

"As for the puzzle door and the shaft where it was located, I can show you how to get back there. The flooring did fall apart last time, though. May I ask, Master Pryce, what are you hoping to discover in that particular area?"

Last edited:

"Did you feel it was... your calling? What made you feel 'st' on becoming a knight?"

"I did," he snapped one book shut and pulled another out and began flipping through dusty, forgotten pages. "Some think midichlorians decide everything when it comes to the Force...But my father always believed that anyone could use the Force and I believed that too." He grunted. Wu Yong was engrossed in the schematics for the Padawan's lightsaber, his photoreceptors blinking as it ran through thousands of lightsaber designs from eras long past.

"Thank you for this...Gift Padawan Braze. But please remember," he set the book back and leveld a steady gaze at the young man. "Do not so easily give your blade to anyone. Ever. It is more than just a weapon to a Jedi. Your lightsaber is your life. Remember." He turned to Wu Yong.

"Wu Yong," the droid paused and raised his head, tilting it slightly to the left.

"Yes Master Pryce?"

"See if you can get a bit of the Council's time for me. I need to investigate this new Dark Side ruin."

Braze fixed his gaze on Master Pryce, absorbing every word. "You're welcome." he said, pausing momentarily to weigh the gravity of the advice he'd been given. He softly echoed the words back, a touch of reverence in his voice, "My lightsaber is my life. Noted, Master." The uncertainty about the fate of his training saber hilt lingered, but he chose not to voice it. It would be returned when the time was right.

His attention pivoted to Wu Yong, and he unconsciously began to toy with the edges of his long sleeves, displaying a rare hint of vulnerability. "I'll gather the materials first, then reach out for your help. Thanks for the offer, Wu Yong."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom