Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Final Battle (OP Dominion of Gehenna)

Rebellious Vanguard
A small sigh escaped Ventasia's lips as raised her hand. She was here. Might as well give her two cents.

"We could always split the battle up. Attack on three fronts. A frontal assault team lead by whoever wants to take things head on. An air assault at a different point by the ODF . And an infiltration team can slip in behind once their forces begin to push towards the other two battle spaces. We may be out numbered, but if we split their forces in three, we at least divide their primary battle strength into thirds. Not to mention we can use the infiltration team to get the jump on their rear forces. We have the element of surprise and more advanced tactics on our side. We might as well use it. But that's just my opinion. No need to go throwing it around."

In actuality, she was throwing her chest out a bit with the way she spoke. No like she could help it. This was simply one of the things she did. And better than most.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Noah Corek"] @[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="Moira Skaldi"] @[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

@[member="Ventasia Terana"], @[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Matsu Ike"], @[member="HK-36"], @[member="Noah Corek"], @[member="Amari Vessia"]

Apparently many people at the meeting wanted to play strategist, though the plan had already been decided on and Siobhan was not hearing anything new. Since the Bando Gora were dug in underground, there was little for the air arm to bomb except to provide support for the invasion force on the surface. Moreover, since it was a vast cavern system there was no clear front and the Bando Gora would not throw all their monsters against one entrance. "Thank you for your input, Lieutenant," Siobhan said, reminding the woman of her rank. "A multi-pronged, all-out assault from several angles on the cavern system has already been decided on. They know we're coming, small teams just get decimated, so we're going in hard to smash them between our forces. Iron Knights lead the charge against the Machine Cult. Our forces link up for the final push. Air cover by bombers for the surface attack if possible."

That would obviously depend on the situation in space, which was Stahlmann's domain. Not the most complex assault plan, but when dealing with Reavers fancy manoeuvres often went out of the window, and Siobhan was a firm believer in the Cult of Victory Through Superior Firepower and liked straightforward plans - they certainly made it easier to adapt if things went south.

The Exarch glanced over at Tegaea. "I say let's roll. I'm ready to go, Protector."

Miles decided to take the opportunity to train at the range. Since Lady @[member="Cira"] allowed him to join her ranks, he had a place to maintain his skills. He had his armor on at all times, and his prized rifle had to be in his hands as he sent bolts down range. He had heard recently of the possibility of finding some Reaver homeworld, he knew nothing of the Reavers, but Republic command only told him what he needed to know, this would be interesting.

Nyos sat aboard his vessel, sipping on a cup of Caf. He knew something big was coming, but waited for orders. He knew that it had to do with the Reavers, but nothing more. Merina and her caretaker were in the cargo hold with MD learning medicine. They were good to have around. He liked the company. Nyos was relaxed and ready for whatever Lady @Cira decided. He was loyal to her more now that he'd returned. He still had no idea where he'd gone or what happened that caused him to drift in space for months.

Tegaea raised an eyebrow as @[member="Lilicky"] waddled into view, giving his inspirational speech. Naturally it was followed with the little Ropo falling over. Siobhan kindly gave the little guy to an aide to feed.

“Well, I guess that’s better than any speech I’d give, so let’s get going,” she said laconically.

---xxx---

The Protectorate fleet was assembling. It would be the largest concentration of their ships ever, and the largest military force the Protectorate had assembled either.

On board the flagship Indomitable, the Lady Protector directed operations personally. She had refused to use the phrase ‘assuming direct control’ despite urgings from Siobhan and Moira!

It would take a couple of hours for the fleet to reach Gehenna, but when they arrived it would be a battle the likes of which none of them had ever seen….

@Ventasia Terana, @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]i, @Matsu Ike, @HK-36, @Noah Corek, @Amari Vessia

Moira quickly joined the assault force on the Indomitable, aiding the Protector in directing things personally. Tanks, walkers and strike vehicles had to be loaded onto the ships, it had to be assured that they would have fuel and ammunition, nerve gas canisters. All logistics of the sort that Exarch Kerrigan found tedious, much as Moira found speeches annoying, but vital nonetheless. It would be a battle for the ages and she would ensure that the troops fought and if need be died for the cause. The Protector might not have allowed her to use barrier squads, but fight they would.

In the communications room of the battleship she sent comms messages to Omega troops from neighbouring sectors that could be spared as well as certain operatives on her list. This included Second Lieutenant Nyos Val, who had returned from his mysterious travels. Judging by the gusto with which he had slaughtered Reavers and vampires during the Torfan assault, he would be of utility. "Second Lieutenant @[member="Nyos Val"], by order of Lady Protector Alcori, all available Omega forces are to deploy to Gehenna, Bando Gora homeworld. Coordinates are being transmitted, link up with the fleet. Ground forces are under Exarch Kerrigan. Expect very heavy resistance in space and on the planet," she spoke flatly into the communicator then switched it off, checking data that was being fed to her from countless computer screens arrayed before her.

The Scutarii raiders were holding to their end of the bargain and had pulled their fleet away from Gehenna, refusing the call of the Bando Gora Prophet. Fingers sweeping across the keyboard, she transferred a sum of credits to the Nawab's Grand Vizier, along with a holovid that showed quite inspirationally how she dealt with traitors. She would no doubt kill the Nawab at some point, but first things first.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Anya Venari had not participated much in the briefing. She had already done most of the work beforehand of collating and preparing the plans. Now though it was time to prepare herself. Officially she would be working as a halfway between space and ground theatres. Unofficially she was going to be working as Siobhan’s ADC, and ‘interpreting’ her orders. While it was not a sign of distrust, it would give Siobhan someone extremely organised to relay orders to in the heat of battle, and could therefore make them happen.

It all made Anya a little uncomfortable. To her it was definitely an awkward situation, and as she sought Siobhan out on board the ship she was more than a little nervous.
Knocking on the door she entered. “Uhh…Exarch?” she asked, more formal and strained than normal.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan had been strapping on her battle armour when Anya entered. She put on her gloves, attaching a knife to her belt, another one in her boot. "Come in," she said softly. Taking the Mark One Bolter that was lying on the table, where a holomap of Gehenna, as far as they knew the planet, was activated, she ran her hand over the deadly gun that had served so well, then loaded a magazine it.

"Let's leave the title out. I mean, you were high up here when I was just an ex-Jedi Tegaea scooped up. You know, way back then leading a small strike force on a third world planet seemed like a challenge. Now...it's an army to attack hell. Funny how things change," she said more to herself. "So you're my, what it's called, ADC now? Gotta say...I am kinda new to this." Incidentally it was the same boltgun she had used on Metalorn to give Velok a beating...but evidently it had been enough. If...she thrust that thought out of the airlock. What had happened had happened and now she would go and purge Gehenna until the last Reaver was dead.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya coughed. “Right, Siobhan, sorry. So basically we’re in constant communications link. You give orders and I make them happen. I’ll be in a ship outside the caverns directing forces to the appropriate place. Also, might I suggest Maelion go with you? She’s a bit of a Moira, but she’s good at killing things!”

@Anya Venaro

Siobhan frowned then nodded, grabbing grenades and strapping them to her belt. Incendiary, heavy duty frag, forcebreaker gas - the anti force-user grenades Hevana had gotten them. "Yeah, I'll take her. Believe it or not, I trust her more than Moira. Which doesn't mean much, but she wants to kill things and process people, I can figure that out. Moira's just frakking nuts and switches a lot." Of course...the Exarch might soon learn a thing or two about her, but we shall not spoil.

She paused for a Moment before continuing. "Right, on the ship outside the caverns. No playing hero and jumping into the line of fire, ok? Between the two of us someone has to be the smart one," she insisted. No, she was not yet over Kaeshana and Anya being so noble and heroic on Zonyu, for she had heard that she had almost fallen into the abyss there. There was another pause before Siobhan continued. "You'll look after Tegs, won't you? If something happens to me. She's special...she'll need someone."

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
The word biscuit. It was like heaven and music to his ears. Wait do the Ropos even have a concept of heaven? Well if they did I am sure it would be nothing more than biscuits as far as the eye could see. Then again he already has biscuits constantly. Could little Lilicky already be in heaven? Well to him yes considering how many times he was always getting biscuits. It caused his eyes to fill with pride and tears, joyful tears as he looked up to see the biscuits descending from on high as he seemed to reach his little arms up. Quickly jumping up and latching onto the biscuit in mid air. Now Lilicky was hanging from the biscuit, holding tightly to it and just a few feet in the air as he dangled from the biscuit still held by the officer that @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] ordered to feed little Lilicky.

It was cute and odd at the same time as his little feet kicked in the air as he hung from the biscuit. Not paying much attention to the spectacle that he was making of himself. After all why would he worry? He was cute, hell he was the cutest damn furball that you'd see. In his little hat and rocking the hell out of that tutu. All he needed now was a little vest and he would be set for life. Now then back to the sight at hand, and possibly the officer not paying much attention. By now the biscuit was gone, though the officer's hand was more than likely in the little Ropo's mouth. It wasn't being chewed on, just having the crumbs from the biscuit sucked off. Okay so that last image could quite more than possible be wrong when taken out of context.

So with his biscuit devoured he dropped back onto the holoprojector and watched as everyone went about their duties. Lilicky was to be on the flagship where he belonged. From there he could lead the glorious invasion of a world that to him looked like a giant biscuit. In his many thoughts of grand conquest he began to little rock back and forth before he seemingly began to walk around the rim of the projector. His hat all the time sounding out.

"Left, right, left, right, left left, right, left left left, right right right. Biscuit?"

@[member="HK-36"], @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

In the fleet en route to Gehenna, Jorus Merrill was getting too old for this clart. They'd asked him to fly an Inimica, and he hated Inimicas ever since Eriadu -- they made him feel like he was going to spontaneously combust, and they generally provoked him to embarrassment when in the presence of other governments' pilots. And yet here he was again, in the cockpit of an Inimica, wondering if he could count high enough to tally his warheads.

Between fear of accidental payload detonation and embarrassment of riches, he settled for embarrassment.

"Wing commander, this is Gypsy. Vitals are steady, ready to launch at your discretion."

He outranked the wing commander, but he worked best when not responsible for large numbers of pilots and their coordination. THE shotgun was strapped in beside him, for if and when this went to ground.

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka 0793 was curled up in a nice ball next to his master. Oh wait he could call himself Tim now... maybe he should have gone for Theodore sounded more.... something... but Timmy seemed nice... but Tim was better then droideka 0793 for a name. He was starting to realize his limit in functions as he just sat there all balled up ready to roll like... well a ball of death on his master's enemies. He had heard of droids that could fly though, but better yet he had seen droids who were ships. They had more guns then droideka did, which wasn't really fair.

Master, Request: Can you modulate Tim to move operational data from unit to unit.... tim would like to fly

Sending the words up on his master's console he was sure he'd get a good answer. After all what didn't master know how to do. Except oil droideka... he never oiled enough.
@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Rebellious Vanguard
Ventasia simply watched as explosives, light weaponry, heavy weapory, and everything in between was loaded onto the vessel as the Protectorate prepared to move out. While she hadn't been asked to, cause honestly she didn't obey orders, she was planning on hanging back behind the main push. Kerrigan would no doubt lead the main point of their forces, so she would pretty much assume control of the soldiers who were only at mid or long range once the battle kicked off. Essentially, she'd made herself leader from the middle of the pack. It wasn't that she believed it was her right, but simply that forward positions weren't always her best places. Ventiasia simply didn't do well against large numbers when she couldn't move well. Unless, she planned to resort to the training she revived as a Jedi. And there no definite plans for that.

With her blaster on her right hip, her lightsaber on her left, and numerous frag and flash grenades attached to her belt. She'd even taken a point to attach a small headset to her comm link, in order to maintain radio contact. If nothing else, if the main body handled the Reavers well, she had all intention of ditching the fight and finding one of her own. Presumably with either their leader, or one of the Shaman she had been so interested in since their last battle, when one seemed to want to constantly worm its way into Siobhan's head. She set the comm to a certain frequency before opening the channel. There was one group she needed to get a hold of. "Gehenna. We're heading there to end this mess with the Reavers. Coordinates will follow. Rendevue there. Don't be late." She'd already told a random solider passing by to send her team the coordinates. She certainly didn't have her own ship, so as always, she hitched a ride. Or more so, boarded Nyos' ship, as she called out to him. "You in here, bot-boy?"

@[member="Racket"] @[member="Aiden Mercer"] @Nyos-Val

No need to contact those who were already there..

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Droideka 0793"] @[member="Lilicky"] @[member="Anya Venari"] @[member="Nyos Val"]@[member="Miles Varden"]
Above Fondor
the Solomon,Armory
Noah sat on a table ina the Solomon's armory,looking over a MKI Bolter,Noah had really only used the iconic Omega Bolter once or twice,but since they were going to be fighting the Bando Gora,it made sense to carry it into combat. After making sure the Bolter was checked over and double checked,he grabbed two pouches off the table,one filled with Force-Breaker grenades,the other filled with thermal detonators,he then went over to a wall where multiple weapons were hanging and grabbed a OPR-2 Blaster Rifle,his two DL-88 Blaster pistol,his dual cortosis weave vibroblades and three back-up vibro knifes. After this he went to the ammo crates and grabbed as much bolter grenades and power cells and put them in the multiple pouches of his Corek Custom Heavy Armor.

Nyos stood up as the incoming message rolled across his screen. The Protectorate was on the move, and he was ready. He ran down to the cargo bay, Looks like all that training you've been doing will be put to the test. We are headed to Gehenna, supposed homeworld of the Reavers, he said the last word with disgust. I'm leaving you with my ship and you and MD will take care of wounded that come in. We will be in a very, and I stress VERY dangerous place, so the ships auto cannons will be firing, Once we meet with the fleet I will jump ship and Merina you will be in charge. Can I trust you young lady?

You bet!, she spoke with a smile and saluted. Her caretaker, Miss Kya stood over her with a grin.

After he spoke he ran to his locker and grabbed his armor, sword, blaster, and his signifying piece. His mask. He dawned his gear and went to join the fleet. The Phoebus lept to top speed to meet with the Protectorate fleet.

As he neared the gathering ships he voiced his arrival. This is Lieutenant Nyos Val reporting in on board the medical vessel Phoebus. I will be boarding an assault vessel and leaving my ship for medical support. There is minimal staff aboard and they will be taking on critical wounded. Commander @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], I suppose I am reporting to you directly. Where would you have me Ma'am?

Weapons. Yes, there were a lot of weapons in Maelion Liates’ room. Some were melee, some ranged, some thrown. And then there was the agent herself. She was a weapon herself. A weapon constructed with the aim of deceiving, then destroying opposition. Now she would be Exarch @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]’s bodyguard. The Exarch did not strictly need a bodyguard, but she was there to be a mental bodyguard, to check the worst excesses and, perhaps, to stop Siobhan killing herself.

And so she prepared herself and then sat and waited. There was nothing more to be done…yet.

@[member="Nyos Val"], @[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan received a call from Nyos Val. Siobhan was happy to see him back in action. The cyborg had torn through vampires and Reavers with a single-minded drive that she liked. What tremendously annoyed her was the fact that he did not get her rank right. Her military rank before being promoted to Exarch had been Colonel. Commander was both below that and a naval rank.

"It's Exarch Kerrigan," she said a bit harshly. "Report to Second Lieutenant @[member="HK-36"] and the Iron Knights. We'll lead a great push with ODF forces. Good to have you back in the field. Suffer not the Reaver to live," she said in a softer tone before cutting the connection. Once the surface had been cleansed she would go with the Iron Knights and an armoured ODF brigade along with heavy infantry to smash through, while the rest of the forces pushed through different angles, hopefully catching the Bando Gora between their flaming fronts and burn them out. Of course, the enemy had numbers on their side and there was no telling what horrors might lurk there, but there was no doubt in her mind.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya had paused, long enough for Siobhan to answer the call from Nyos. Now she looked back at the Exarch and smiled.
“Nothing’s going to happen…but yeah, I promise I’ll look after her.” Anya gave her a hug. “I’ll be careful. I have all you big strong warriors to keep me safe. Nothing could possibly go wrong!”

@[member="Anya Venari"]

"You know as soon as someone says that...something does go wrong! It's like playing with fire," Siobhan insisted. Of course she did play fire quite often. After all, she had pissed off a redhead once. As anyone who knew a certain short stack of fire called @[member="Coryth Elaris"] should know, that was suicidal! Nonetheless she returned the hug, pulling her friend close. "But thanks...you are kinda like part of the family to me," she blushed slightly at the admission then pulled away, putting two more Anti-Force User Grenades loaded with high explosives into her pouch before closing it, then holstering a shatter pistol, giving Anya a kiss before heading for the door.

"Right, enough touchy-feely stuff. I'll go and conquer hell, kill any Reaver I find and deliver their Prophet's head on a pike. The party after will be fun,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom