Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fall of a Titan [Funeral for NPC#3847]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Fringe Space
Annaj
The Cemetery
The planet of Annaj, more specifically the cemetery. A funeral was being held in honor of a fallen soldier of the Fringe Confederation. Jared Ovmar, Lord of the Fringe, stood patiently on the platform and awaited the crowd to settle down and take a seat. Many people had come to witness the ceremony and even more were waiting now to hear some words of respect. The had not known the guardsman personally, but it was still his responsibility to say something to ease the mind of the loved ones that were left behind. Of course the expenses would be paid and the family would be supported by the Confederation. They took care of their own.

With an almost inaudible cough he stepped to the microphone and began to speak.

Bob Bobinson Parker was a good man.” The words were spoken with a passion, he had not known to be in him. “A loyal man. He did his job and never complained. He was a guardsman, but more importantly he was a husband and a father.” His back straightened as the words flowed out of him with intensity. He was getting angry, angry at the world for allowing this man to die. Die and leave two children behind and his wife. While certain other individuals were allowed to roam the galaxy still. “His job was a dangerous one, but Bob knew that someone had to do it. Cold-blooded murder is the only way you could describe his death and the only thing I can give you, Miss Bobinson Parker, is the knowledge that his death was a quick one. The same cannot be said about the murderer's death, it was painful and slow. Your husband's death has been avenged by the Grand Admiral herself.” he coughed again as he considered. “Let us take a moment to think about Bob Bobinson Parker. About the man behind the suit. Let us think about.. Justice.” Then he stepped back again in silence.

It should have been an uneventful evening, guarding a wounded plant, what could go wrong? It only needed some water, plenty of sunlight and air. But in the end it was clear that even a plant could be a danger to people. Bob learned that the hard way, but his sacrifice will ensure the future generations will never trust plants again. Their thorns will be removed and their water sources poisoned, for a better and.. safer tomorrow.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin took a turn at the podium then.

"Bob was an old stalwart, a former Vagrant Fleet crewer who helped fight off Moridin at Void Station, and served in a hundred engagements since then. When I assigned him to guard the hospital at Annaj, it was my way of telling him that it was alright to retire, to take a step back from the front lines.

"I regret that I had to kill Ven'Rain Sekairo in justice for the death of Bob. I don't regret exacting justice, of course, but I do regret that justice was necessary. I would rather have Bob still serving in the Fringe Confederation than kill a hundred psychopaths who invade our territory. All we want is to be left alone, to fight our battles against the terrors of the dark, but time and time again we've seen that the galaxy won't leave us alone. They hate us because of our freedom. They hate us because we're a pluralistic society that accepts more than one idea as true. They hate us because they can paint us as villains while committing crimes that make ours pale by comparison.

"There will be more Bobs. More of us will die so long as we continue to stand for freedom and pluralism and the independence of our territory. It might be any one of you -- it might be me. But we will always strike back."

She sat down.

Spencer blew her nose quietly. It was a good thing she was able to block out emotions now. Remembering quietly the moments she had shared with Bob, the battles he had fought at her side and how his face was one of the last she saw before passing out during the battle on Elrood. Bob was a man that was loyal to the end. Wiping her eyes she reached out and grasped Ashin's hand for support, she glanced towards Bob's mother sobbing and his 5 younger brothers who seemed to have the same fire Bob did in his eyes. She could see the woman comforting the mans wife and his kids seemed far too young to realize what was happening.

Her voice soft as she leaned closer to Ashin.

"This is the part I hate..."

Lucien was sat in the front row of the cemetery among the other high council members. He didn't cry, he was not the type. He rose and made the slow walk to the podium "Ladies and gentlemen, this is the part where I should say some words about Bob ... but to limit a mans life into just a few words would be a travesty, so instead I will merely remind you that Bob was a good man he wouldn't want sadness his life was not about that so why should it end like this. I propose that this day should be a celebration of Bob's life and though it hurts it is important to remember the happy times, I propose a standing Ovation for Mr. Bob Bobinson Parker and his family" Lucien began a light applause.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Dressed in black and at the conclusion of the applause, she snuck back toward the back of the crowd and began setting-up the Solo catered buffet table. The table included homemade pies, cakes, Southern Corellian fried pickles, and a few other treats upon request of Bob's family.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
After clapping for the light applause and hearing the slight shuffle of a woman heading to the back to set up envied deep-fried treats Valik, rarely identifiable by his true face, rose to the podium.

"I can't say I knew Bob Bobinson Parker very well, or that I served with him in the call of duty, but Bob was a man who died in service to all of us, a man who fought to protect me, all of us, without knowing us. Without being my friend or my family he put his life on the line for me, for you, for everyone seated here today. I know I cannot bring him back " At least, I shouldn't. Sith zombies would likely be unappreciated here. "But I'd like to recognize his heroics. Therefore, from now on I will be funding the Bob Bobison Parker Scholarship. The education of Bob's children will be fully funded, and once a year a young man, or woman who exemplifies the traits of Bob Parker will be chosen and I will fully fund his or her education. It is through his heroics that many of us stand here today, and it is through his name that generations of men and women will continue to impact our future."

Valik concluded, then took his seat. He hoped the young solo girl was preparing Southern Corellia Sweet Tea over there as well.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak hadn't known Bob, but from what he had heard, Bob had made a good name for himself.

And so, like a decent fellow, he had decided to come pay his respects. Even though he was kind of in a bit of a pickle himself.

Being a plant and all.

However, thanks to a little tweaking from Circe, he could disguise himself such that he looked as Human as the next Corellian over. Thankfully. Otherwise he might find himself in very hot water.

But that was not why he was here. He was here to pay respect to a soldier who had succeeded where he, Jak, had failed - Bob Parker had resisted Circe. And for that, Jak owed Bob a posthumous thank-you. He wasn't here for a firefight. He was here to apologize for starting this whole thing.

As Circe was his fault.

Circe sat back in her room in Annaj General. The guard had been killed by someone who had proposed to her and that she responded to. Her body had just gone through yet another surgery, and she was in a significant amount of pain. She decided to turn on the holoprojector to see the news... And saw the beginnings of a state funeral for the generically named, entirely unimportant guard who had, instead of simply asking Circe if Ven was allowed to come in, chose to be exceptionally rude and deny her entry - leading to his unfortunate demise at the hands of a psychotic, emotionally charged bodyguard who likely would've been found not guilty by reason of insanity during the trial and sent to a mental health clinic. Instead, she got killed. And burned. Horribly. Her own funeral was soon.

"This is stupid." Turning the hologram off, she sighed, sitting back and reading Fifty Shades of Green, by @[member="Jak Sandrow"]. "Wait a minute... We never did that."

He was still an unknown variable in the midst of the numerous bodies that peopled the political entity of the Fringe. A funeral was a most strange place to be, when you did not even know the deceased in passing, or through word-of mouth. But his presence did serve a purpose - solidarity. It was practical… he was practical.

And so, when applause was given, he put his hands together as they did. When a member spoke, he listened, and always, always he watched. He observed. Every event to the seemingly most insignificant to the most important was significant and to a degree had purpose, whether apparent or not.

He did not know the deceased, but he knew the legacy intended from this.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
There was sadness in Jared's heart, he had not known the guardsman that well. But that did not matter, even the little people were important. At this point -everyone- cared for the little kids and wife he left behind, you had to be heartless and a green monster if you did not care. With a sniff he patted Spencer on the back, she was having a hard time of it; but that was understandable. Bob had been with her and the Empress from the beginning, they had shared a deep and pro-founding bond together.

Little did the Fringe Leader know that he was being targeted by a malicious plant for words he had not even spoken out loud. For in this story, verbally uttered words were mostly in a red color. So mistakes could not be made.

"Poor Fiona.." he whispered more to himself than to anyone else. Something like that, in this case it was clear that he had said something and it was not a weird thing to assume somebody had heard him. But that was ok, because Fiona; Bob's wife, deserved all the support she could get.

An interesting thing was the fact that a certain Plant Lady was still on the Planet of Annaj, while she had been specifically ordered by the Grand Admiral to leave it. Though Jared was not aware of that fact yet, that would be blatantly metagaming. Say one thing about Jared Ovmar's writer, say he knows how to prevent such things.

@[member="Circe Savan"]'s secure hospital room having been the scene of a recent death, security -- which had been high before -- was now even higher. It wasn't especially obvious security - audio, visual, available guards if necessary. Suffice it to say, when a Sith Lord with a known motive against at least one member of the High Council refused to leave Annaj, such security got attention paid to it. So when Circe called for that call to be made to her lawyer, with intent to sue yet another member of the High Council, well, that was more or less the final straw of this particular haystack.

The information did not, as of yet, make its way to the High Council, but it would in time. In the meantime, Rave was bawling into a handkerchief at Bob's funeral. Wiping her face, she rose.

"I stayed up all night finishing this project in Bob's honor," she said, opening a flat wooden box full of ornate rings in rows. "These are Rings of Aza'zoth, symbols of unity and memory."

She put one ring on and passed the box around. "They'll enhance your eyesight, and allow help to find you." She didn't specify the how. "Because none of us are ever alone. Not even Bob. Not if we stay true to the Fringe."

Lucien took a ring and slipped it onto his hand. "Very nice" He smiled "A fitting tribute" He said as he moved to speak with bob's family "anything you need call me" He said softly before going to fetch some tea and eat.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
As the box made its way to him, Jak took a ring and passed it on. Before he put it on, he mused for a moment.

It was through Bob that Fringe became tighter as a faction. No... almost as a family. He declined putting it on for the moment, and instead put it on his pocket. It seemed kind of rude to him to wear it so soon after Bob's death. And disrespectful was the last thing he wanted to be.

Giving the family his sincere condolences, he paid his respects, then went to get a little refreshments.

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Shinju looked up as she accepted the ring from Rave but moved forward to speak. She didn't know Bob but she had know Steve and Tim and Ryan... oh poor Ryan there was no one in the Fringe who knew better who to dance at a party. He could sprinkler and toostie roll like no ones business. He even did the robot that would make MSE jealous there was no doubt he was up there now with Velok dancing the night away. "I did not know Bob or most of the men who died but I knew Ryan, I knew the man who when he first saw me all that time ago on Korriban standing over the bodies o prisoners, with one of their spines in my hand. He said 'What did you do?' That was how we first met then he asked why I was naked covered in blood before with Dranok getting me clothing. He was a good man a proud man."

Shinju wiped at her eyes a little with a tissue as she stood there in the black dress. "I helped him when he had credit problems and he danced at my wedding, I got to meet his daughter little Nadia who he would go dancing with ever friday night. THen they would go and see Velok's eleven the real life dramatization of the great heist by Velok and crew on the Sith archives. As described in the diary of the late emperor Tyrin Ardik. He will be missed and we will be lessened for his passing but we have hope whenever we think about him dancing we can all do a little tootsie roll for him."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik, though not particularly keen on the idea of being able to be tracked, knew the symbolical value of the object, as well as it's obvious alchemical origins. Thus, when the box was passed around he took a ring, and slipped it on his finger, before passing it to the next attendant of the Funeral. Using a bit of psychometry, a kiffar talent he discovered the origin of the ring, as well as it's method of creation, and a small smile lit his face. It was marvelous work, and an ingenious application. Not many would understand it's origin, or how the ring worked, but he did, and he couldn't help but admire the ingenuity. It seemed odd to accept the 'unity' and 'togetherness' of an organization that was for the most part assembled of criminals, bounty hunters, and other such 'scum' and 'vermin' of the galaxy, but it was true. A nation had been created that was a democracy that rivaled the Republic, in more ways one than one. Throughout his entire life Valik had little motivation other than to create things that destroyed, or to simply destroy, but now, he oddly felt that desire to protect.

Rather unbefitting of a Sith Lord truth be told. He might have to deal with that later.

When the box came to him, the displaced Sith took a fair look at the rows of rings within, feeling vague conflict over their existence. Gifts such as these had never been a part of his existence in service to the old empire of the Sith, and to accept put a strange finality to his being here, in effect swearing allegiance to a different will. The people and things left behind would be nothing more than a matter of personal memory, hence, but he had already agreed within himself that there was no turning back.

It was a unique privilege to be privy to the future in ways his former allies would not have known. Gingerly lifting a ring out for his own, he passed the box on to the subsequent recipient. It was odd, to be welcomed so easily, and as he slipped the ring onto the middle finger of his left hand, he considered that it could very well be that his every move was watched. Not that he had felt any inkling to such end, but he knew all too well that there were ways.

Lucianus examined the ring for a small handful of moments, wondering just how much more above his present level of sight this ring could improve him, then moved on, to avail himself of some sustenance at the buffet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom