Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eye of the Dark Lord -- Darth Isolda Feedback

I did one for all of my chars and for the writer.

But now I would like some serious feedback and constructive critism on Darth Isolda, Chosen of Vahl and the Eye of the Dark Lord.

Likes? Dislikes? What would you like to see? Any improvements? Questions about the character? What about her role as the Eye of the Dark Lord?

I'm more for the serious critiques than the silly ones please! I really do want feedback!

Thanks!

[member="Darth Isolda"]
First of all, you have the play-by and avatar/sigs perfectly done as usual. Artemisia works so well here.

As for the character…well, admittedly I’ve not seen all your threads. The other caveat is that I don’t like the NPC Dark Lord, we all know this, so that colours my perception. I like real people playing the big roles rather than plot devices.

So with that said I…don’t really get this character. I’m not sure I take her seriously as a Sith Lord considering she seems to spend most of her life worshipping or idolising her Masters, first Apparatus, now the Dark Lord. Even if there is a Sith bent there, I don’t buy her as a real and credible threat.

Apologies if this seems harsh, but this is one of your few characters (and we are all your alts!) which never clicked for me.
However, I’m the outsider looking in, so take what I say with a Dead Sea sized pinch of salt.

I can't really say I have anything bad to say about her. Had an extensive interaction but that was a long time ago.

I think beyond what she has done in Invasions - has been short handed and hasn't been able to be appreciated as much as it should have been. Alot of the focus was war-time stuff, atleast from my point of view. Granted, we are in a war situation but I'd like to see more of Isolda out of the box? If that makes sense. The way you do with Chloe and even have done with Skye and even Danger. I believe I discussed with you about how I feel about them specifically and how well written they are.

I did not get the chance to critique you as a writer, but I will say I like your flexibility and going with certain things. Willingness to put your character in the moment if it drives the story, make sense?

I guess you can make things fun! :)

Keep on making em fun!

I have had very little chance to interact with [member="Darth Isolda"] as of yet (it is something I plan to change some day!), but when I first came to the site and began to get involved in RPing out the war with the One Sith and the Republic, I was struck by this character. Darth Isolda, in my opinion, presents a mysterious, dark, symbol of the One Sith's power and thirst for conquest. She is the sort of character you would expect to send chills down padawans spines and send knights scurrying to the wind......and yet in none of the threads that Kian and Isolda have been in at the same time, have I seen you wield a lightsaber, which only adds to the scare factor!

To me, Darth Isolda is the embodiment of a Sith Sorcerer and the more mysterious, sinister aspects of the darkside.

[member="Darth Isolda"] I like her...now if only she would actually write with me :)

I think Darth Isolda makes sense, she's the connection to the Dark Lord that is as close as we will get to his power. She works well as a plot device, is super mysterious and strange, and I dig her. Not much more I can say.

[member="Darth Isolda"]

She is epic. You can't deny that. She is.

There aren't many threads I've read where you've posted with her, but the ones I do have read are just fantastic -- your posts are nice to read, they are visually catchy and contain enough information with the minimal amount of sentences yet still look like they were huge posts. The character herself... to be honest, I have not noticed her doing much besides Dominions or Invasions so I can't say too much about character development.

When I find some criticism for her, I'll post an update here. ;)

Good job!

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

She does indeed spend the bulk of her time as a Zealot for the Goddess. So much of her story is devoted to this mystical being held in prophecy that plagues her mind due to her farseeing. She has been literally driven mad due to the visions.

As a Sith in the truest sense of the word, no she is not a Sith. She is the mystical bridge to the occult in terms for a cult like Dark Force User.

For some, you are right, she may not seem a credible threat, but for others she is that unknown that some writers have enjoyed using as their plot device for their rp's Which i'm more than willing to allow them to use for their fun.

And no, not harsh at all xD

[member="Aaralyn Gyndar"]

You are right, the most recent interactions with her have been in Invasions, Dominions, or more faction oriented threads. I am trying to expand on this by doing more Ember of Vahl threads as well as roleplaying with more members.

[member="Kian Karr"]

Thank you so much! I'm glad that what i'm attempted to do is working well in terms of being that Mysterious Dark Force figure xD

[member="Reverance"]

Thank you! And yes I'm rping with you :p

I'm glad that her being used as a Vessel of the Dark Lord, His Eye, has worked well. It went from being a type of investigative intelligence rank to one more of mysticism and focused more on the oracle sense. I am glad that the original Admins of the One Sith allowed me to flesh the Eye of the Dark Lord out to what it is today -- as the one being able to be used as a direct line to the Dark Lord.

It is an honor as much as an enjoyment in RP's.

[member="Darth Venefica"] <3

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

No. Isolda is actually a High Priestess for the Ember of Vahl Cult -- for the Vahla Species. She is deeply committed and focused on making sure that they find their Lost Homeworld. Originally, Isolda was Darth Apparatus only successful apprentice, whose role had once been more of a "Darth Maul" type.

It was only after knighthood that her true plan and objective came to play. So while she may seem to be entirely that of an Oracle, she knows a breath of knowledge from her time under Darth Apparatus and that of the Dark Lord.

Vahl

Vahl was an embodiment of the destructive nature of the dark side of the Force, worshiped as a goddess by members of the Ember of Vahl cult. The goddess was often depicted as a mature female Vahla with blackeyes and ash-white hair.

It was thought that the original Vahl was a powerful Force Adept who lead her people to conquer their homeworld several thousand years before the time of the Sith–Imperial War.

*Resource Link.
Ember of Vahl

The Ember of Vahl was a cult that worshiped the goddess Vahl, an embodiment of the destructive power of the dark side of the Force. It was made up mostly of members of the nomadic Vahla species, but would occasionally non-Vahla Force-sensitives to join, but only after passing a number of dangerous, fiery tests to prove their faith.

Several thousand years before the time of the Sith–Imperial War—because of their destructive tendencies—the Ember of Vahl were decimated by the Jedi Knights. Since this event, the members have traveled the galaxy looking for their lost homeworld, working aspirates, thieves, and bounty hunters.

Remaining bitter and hateful towards the Jedi Order, a number of Vahla helped the Empire hunt down Jedi. They were still present in the galaxy during the time of the Sith–Imperial War, working throughout the galaxy as independent bounty hunters.

Until now.

The stirring of a gifted Seer by the name of Moira Vu Noi rose into prominence as a new Chosen of Vahl. Leading the other five priests as High Priestess, gifted by Vahl as her living vessel, Darth Isolda has united the wandering Vahla to a new vision.

One that shall forge to the discovering of their homeworld once and for all.

For now, the Chosen of Vahl have constructed a temple on Coruscant, where they have kidnapped and sacrificed individuals to their destructive goddess.

*Resource Link

C H O S E N O F V A H L
The Chosen of Vahl were the central coven of what consisted of originally six priests who governed the dark side cult. Although individual Vahla often set off on their own, all members of the nomadic species were expected to heed the coven's demands.

The priests would consult their goddess Vahl using farseeing, interpret omens, and make policies for the Vahla. The priests would show their goddess their faith and devotion by scarring themselves.

The current Chosen of Vahl are lead by one High Priestess, Darth Isolda, with the remaining Chosen consisting of five other Priests and Priestesses.

*Resource Link

[member="Ellya"]

You are right -- I certainly need to get her out more beyond invasions and dominions as of late. I am attempting to push that forward by bringing her into more Faction RP's and perhaps even take an apprentice that will one day take a seat as a Chosen of Vahl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom