Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Echo (TSE Carnifex, Vandra)

Vandra Zambrano Vandra Zambrano Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex R Reyn Australis

I sobbed in the same was I did when I was little and scared. Mom ran off again, lost for months in another of her insane benders with servants hemming in the ineffable Ahani. Nobody controlled mother, not even Daddy.

But he held me. His weak and feeble in the Force daughter, who fought with every tooth growing in my head to make him proud. My palm pushes into my eye, and I rub away the tears of Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf ’s loss, legs crossed with my back against Reyn’s shackled hands. The ship veers through the air, not entirely capable of the speeds my heart wants us to fly. Head swimming from exertions, I nibble on a ration bar from my pocket. Dig in for a hard candy even though my fingers are shivering on the wrapper.

“Are… are you hungry? I’ve got… ah… a candy?” Want a bite of my bar, I meant to say, but the words fail me. I can’t staunch the roars, and the sensations of hate. I still sit with my back against Adara’s brother, more for Reyn’s protection than the comfort of an old friend. He killed Blackblades, Vandra’s furious, and I am on my last rope before passing out. Another nibble of my bar, emotions as numb as a greyscale hologram.

“I…” My tongue presses against my lips. I look over at Reyn’s face, grab my cloak and scrunch it up, put it under Reyn’s head. “There… is that better?”

Daddy will make this better. My shoulders shiver, fingers clumsy as I finish the bar and curl my legs to my chest, laying my head against Reyn’s arm. He’ll be safer this way… the anger must make him warm. My eyelids begin to shut… the Blackblades encircle me, most with weapons trained on the precious cargo. Yasha's firstborn son. Our shuttle still in motion.

“Gimme a minute… just a… minute before Daddy… before we get to Daddy.”

Vandra sat down not far from them as the medic went to work on fixing her arm, she never broke eye contact from R Reyn Australis and Raya Najwa Zambrano Raya Najwa Zambrano as she was replenishing her reserves she wasn't 100% as she wondered what is it that Raya sees in him that she wants to go out of her way to heal and keep him alive but it didn't matter they will be back home and meeting Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex soon enough and then he will be at his mercy entirely and she will enjoy every moment of it as well.

She removed her helmet and sat it down next to her letting her long brown hair flow down and free as her bright orange eyes looked to the dead Legios she kept on the floor as well, more trophies to give to father she felt pleased with it even more so on the corpse of that woman she easily dispatched. She noted him cursing a little but merely gave that twisted smile that screamed that the only thing keeping him from her claws right now was her little sister and that he will be more valuable to her father alive then dead as she merely sat there as her arm that was crimson red from the amount of blood she dripped from her battle was being patched up and cleaned out just one more wound to add to her collection

Vandra Zambrano Vandra Zambrano Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex R Reyn Australis

“Oh! Oh, you’re hurt… wait, hold…” I fix Reyn‘s makeshift pillow, make it easier on his head. “Vandypanders did a right riot on you, it probably doesn’t feel great… okay so I know it feels ruddy awful, but in a few hours, we’ll all be on Bastion and… and Adara’s waiting for you. Won’t be long, I… I know it.”

But I didn’t know it. I know the waves of emotion Taeli shunted into my mind, the tremendous cost of keeping Moridinae from Mandalorian intrusion. From Reyn’s father, a man I’ve seen in passing and remember more for that one time he found my mother on a planet without a name in my childish brain.

“Reyn?” My chin dips down, I plunk my arm over a raised knee, facing this boy I’ve always known, my other leg sprawled inward. “Adara wanted me to keep you safe, and you made it stupid hard to do… I know you’re angry and being in battle wasn’t great… but… your father, he… he did something in the battle that pissed everybody off and I mean, ah, yeah he’s Kaine Australis, right? That’s kinda the meaning of his name, the whole ‘One Who Ticks Others Off’ or something but… it was relatively easy to protect you before and get you to Adara… but now?”

My silver, bloodshot eyes bear down on him, not even sure if any of this’ll get through. Boys can be so terribly thick. “I don’t know how safe I can keep you. And I know if I tried right now, you’d bite my hand. It’s what Mandos do, right? Hit back. We’re just kids, but that’s the problem now. Your dad killed someone’s kid, and she’s so angry about it she’s sending my teeth on edge. All of our teeth on edge.

I… gosh why am I even talking to you? You freakin’ hate me… gosh dang it, try and rescue my best friend’s brother and bam! Mess eeeeverything up. Token Raya. Got Vandypands hurt to boot. But… I couldn’t let you die like that. In your own blood on Mandalore. You’re Yasha’s kid… she’s the only one I’ve ever seen get mercy out of my Dad… so that’s where we’re going. To Dad. He... oh you’ll figure it out.”

Vandra Zambrano Vandra Zambrano stares and I wave the medic off her.

“You know how Adara gets, Vandy. She... come on. You’d burn worlds down to get me back if I was hurt and...” I crawl across the four or five metres to Vandypand with a groan. Every muscle wants to seize. My breath caustic in young lungs. I reach and touch her wound, a flickering light full of anathema peace in such a place pouring around us as the wound closes. As this mini world in the ship blurs. “He’s her brother. That’s gotta count for more than being Australis’ son. Maybe. Probably not but it was worth... dang.”

I cannot pass out. Jackals and shadows of warriors bare down around us, the Mandalorian and Daddy’s Ray’a Sunshine. My hand on Vandra falters, too much energy spent. I feel myself sway, but know there’s no weakness I can show when we get to Daddy.

No weakness. No frailty. No fear.

My lips work, pale as the rest of my Echani-Epicanthix skin (got my lack of tan from my mother). Vandra healed with the last of my energy, I crawl back to Reyn, knowing I have to make it. I cannot pass out. And it hits me.

He doesn’t know. He’s an angry teenaged kid living on the promise of war and he doesn’t know the cost. My back presses against his hand shackles legs akimbo.

“Anybody got a snack on ‘em?” My voice warbles, as in my fading vision a figure gets down on their haunches. Nope. Don’t feel like Daddy. The rough voice of the ice cream man echoes in the air, a crinkly bag sets in my fingers.

A single big sniffle.

Ice cream Man grabbed a bag of marshmallows.

The sniffle recedes for my sunshine grin.

The Tau-class Shuttle carrying the Emperor swung around to fly parallel with the one carrying Raya, Vandra, and the prisoner. Deftly the two craft maneuvered and connected base to base via a short cofferdam, hooking together like two mating creatures. Then the Emperor's shuttle took over the other shuttle's avionics and steered the conjoined ships into hyperspace and away from the still-raging battlezone around Mandalore. While they traveled through the incandescent dimension of hyperspace, the passage between the two ships would be prepared for the movement of one man.
Gravity was stabilized as the docking access hatch was opened, the Emperor emerging from below as if walking straight up before righting himself effortlessly as the gravity shifted dramatically. He looked as he had during the battle, his armor sitting atop flowing tassels of scarlet fabric. He wore no helmet, the artificial light in the cabin illuminating each shallow scar that marred his once immaculate visage. Looming over all three of the primary occupants, the Emperor of the Sith placed both hands on his waist as he stared down at the captive.
"Reyn Australis, son of the war criminal and terrorist Kaine Australis. Where have they gone?"

Seeing Raya Najwa Zambrano Raya Najwa Zambrano in her state only made her blood boil further towards R Reyn Australis , It was him and his father and his fathers followers that put her sister in this state, She merely glared abit to Reyn as he responded to her sisters words, She didn't believe the boys words at this state the boy would do anything to be free and continue his fathers foolish crusade. He asked someone to wipe his eyes and she was about to get up or motion a medic to take care of it before she heard a Shuttle swing by and dock, her Twisted smile returned with a vengeance as she felt who it was that had docked with them.

She heard the hatch open up and stood up and bowed when she saw her father Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex emerge from the hatch scared as always from conflict, She went over and grabbed her sister gently moving her sister away from Reyn for she knew that her father can get persuasive when not given the answers he likes and didn't wish her sister to be caught in the cross fire. She didn't say anything just had a enjoyment that surged in her veins of her fathers presence and that much awaited punishment had finally come for the boy she and her sister went through all the trouble to catch.

“Yes it is. Okay maybe it’s not, and it’s all your fault. I know you’re trying to be all adult-ish and tough like a tin soldier, but maybe trying to be tough is the wrong tactic right now, soldier. Being tough when you’re hog-tied and in enemy possession like this? It’s a kriffing selfish thing, when you’ve got family gnashing their teeth that you’ll be okay. Your sister lost enough when you lost your Mom.” I dig a handkerchief out of my pocket, a silly couple colourful balloons embroidered on the corner. Something Adara and I did as kids, on one of the many days her mother was working with my Daddy and Tamar hadn’t turned traitor enough not to babysit us. I dab at R Reyn Australis eyes, then leave the hankie in his hand, his sister’s stitch-work on a blue balloon awkward enough to show how young we were, and by association, so was he.

I wrap my arms around my knees, all in trying not to let my teeth chitter in the aftermath of using my powers to such a degree. Reminds me I’m still relatively little in the Force in comparison with my family, they can do god-like things, and all I can struggle through is anathema. Illusions and party tricks.

Still, someday with training and patience, I’ll prove my place. My lips quirk upward as I look to Vandra Zambrano Vandra Zambrano . About to speak, my body vibrates with the jittering dock procedure of Daddy’s shuttle. Knees fail me, I end up pressing my palms into the ship’s floor to steady myself.

“Thanks Vandypand.” Gosh what I wouldn’t give for a steak more massive than half our little siblings combined. But, before I make an absolute fool in front of our lofty father, Vandra hoofs it to the rescue. There we are, two sisters side by side in salute to our Emperor father.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex wastes no time on pleasantries, or hard fighting daughters.

“Father.” My face becomes a passive painting of the harsh shuttle light, as sophisticated as possible, my spine as straight as can be. Maybe I’m leaning into Vandypanders a little much, but hey. We’re standing and bowing.

Giving deference. Gosh Reyn please… please if you have one discerning bone in your rather tall teenaged body, please for the love of all that’s unholy, holy or half-priced at the market, be smart.

"I don't know."
An incredible invisible force slammed Reyn in the chest, shoving him hard against the wall and pinning him against the cold harsh metal. That pressure enveloped his torso and dragged him up the wall until he was perfectly center between the floor and the ceiling. Slowly, inexorably, it began to tighten and constrict the Mandalorian boy's chest cavity with enough strength to cut off his breath. The Sith Emperor was unable to probe the youth's mind for the information he hungered for, as he himself was wholly cut off from that avenue of the Force.
So, he resorted to more physical methods of acquiring what he wanted.
Saying nothing, the Emperor turned to look at another individual who was clamoring up from the cofferdam between the shuttles. Mechanical limbs whirred with exertion as they hauled themselves up in a far less graceful manner than the Emperor, multiple containers following them up. When the man looked to the Emperor and his captive, it was revealed that he was wearing a Mandalorian mask dating back to the Imperial-Mandalorian War prosecuted by Sith Emperor Moridin and Mand'alor Emberli Garett. On his tunic and tabard were many belts of varying surgical instruments and vials, many of them stained a dull crimson. He reached back and grabbed one of the smaller containers, bringing it up to the Emperor and offering it up to him.
Carnifex took the container and pressed a button on its side, the opaque glass clearing to perfect translucence to reveal what lay hidden inside within full view of Reyn. It was a small insectoid creature, chittering mandibles oozing with corrosive saliva, known as a Piranha Beetle. Native to the jungle moon of Yavin IV, the Sith Emperor had an entire colony of these voracious insects maintained within his hidden menagerie. Looking back to the Mandalorian, the Emperor asked a different question.
"Where did the Mandalorians launch from?"

Standing straight as I can, I lean more and more on Vandra Zambrano Vandra Zambrano as our father focuses on interrogating my childhood friend. Same one who tried to kill me for rescuing him, but yeah, that.... dang.

I need more friends.

R Reyn Australis ‘ body veers into the wall. My gasp halts as my shoulders raise momentarily. How macabre this feels, seeing Adara’s little brother on the other side of violence... Yasha’s oldest boy.

I contained my first gasp, but the second escapes in genuine worry at the sight of the man in the Mandalorian mask.

Odo Quiroga, my father’s sick minded interrogator.

The beetle chitters and for once I feel like part of me is against the wall. I hide my head in Vandra’s shoulder, sinking away from the insane interrogator.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

"Myrkr," repeated the Emperor, slowly as if savoring the word like a fine flavor.
He knew the world, had been there on several occasions during his travels. Reports from Sith Intelligence and astropathic scrying had deduced that the Mandalorians had come from that galactic direction, though it was to his knowledge that Myrkr and surrounding systems were in the hands of the Silver Jedi. It wouldn't have surprised him if the Silver Jedi were trying to prop up a Mandalorian insurgency on their shared border, the Empire had done far worse things without provocation. Regardless, the answer was sufficient enough.
"Who supplied Australis with an army that size, whelp?" He lifted the container and pressed the underside, which held the release valve for the container, up against the Mandalorian's unarmored chest. He didn't open the release valve just yet, allowing the implications of his actions to worm their way into the youth's brain while he thought about the Emperor's question.

She kept quiet as she put one arm around Raya Najwa Zambrano Raya Najwa Zambrano who was hiding behind her shoulder from the interrogation, Wasn't much of one given the boy was giving father everything he wanted but noticed that even as he continued to press for information the beetle Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex held in his hand was pressed against R Reyn Australis 's body the release for it was at the ready to be pressed, She hoped he'd unleash that beetle upon him or perhaps she may get to keep him and deal with him herself but we shall see they had a target to annihilate already but more questions needed to be answered and for now Reyn was the only one who had these answeres.

She just sat there stroking Rayas shoulder in a calm manner to calm her down she wanted to keep him safe for Adara but now Reyns fate was in fathers hands wether Adara wished him alive or not was irrelevant.

The beetle container goes against my friend's skin and I can't help it. The gasp spilled out before my hand could close around my lips.

"Daddy..." Vandra Zambrano Vandra Zambrano pulls me into her, and I bury my face in the crook of my sister's neck. This is usually the part where I leave, where Mom, or Dad, or one of my siblings guides me away to my bedroom, where some kicking music, my unicorn onesie and some high caloric cookies and meats await Daddy's Little Lightsider.

But the shuttle is small. There's nowhere to go, and there my kid cousin suspends, locked in a defeated battle of wills with my Dad. He wouldn't... he couldn't hurt Adara's brother.

Not after he killed her mom.

"Ah... Adara. Adara left t-to confront Australis. I put a tracker on her ship. She didn't know I did it, but I didn't want her running away again where we couldn't find her if she needed us, and... maybe she'd know... or... but... she's been run away for months, so I guess... I'll stop now, Sir." I shirk away from Odo, arms shaking around Vandra's waist.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex R Reyn Australis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom