Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dread of Salvaging Something Real

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex watched from a security room within the palace. He watched Yasha, he was upset for her. She was wanting her baby to survive. He himself hoped it did. The last time someone had a baby near him was his partner that he had killed on bad orders. Their child had died during child birth. He had been so upset at the time he discovered the force. He used force scream for the first time that day. He never told anyone about it though. It had been so long since he thought of that day. It was because of how tainted it was. It then lead to him in the snow, he had shot those he was ordered to. He was ordered out and let the clean up deal with it.

He hadn't listened, something had felt off that day. Even when he fired something felt really off, but he was a good soldier that was how his family had raised him, he had followed through on his orders. He searched the bodies only to find out it was the rest of his squad. He killed his squad on stupid orders and it terrified him so he ran and he kept running never once mentioning his family. Always avoiding it. Then on Zolan he died. He saw his squad that day. They waited for him in the snow they had trained in.

To this day they still waited there ever present in his mind. He had since somewhat cleaned himself of those actions. But they were still there like a bad smell. A curse for blindly following. He had learnt since then a lot. He would only follow those he trusted and he would never follow a bad sounding or terrible order like he used to. How many civilians had he killed on bad orders, how many people had he ended to make his parents proud of him.

Then the force hit him like a sack of bricks. But he was on mandalore how could he feel the force. He looked up at the screens on yasha, the other on Kaine. Rex suddenly felt a dark presence emanating from Kaine. No that couldn't be possible he refused to believe a man who was so bright and happy could have so much darkness and yet he could feel it oozing. It run through him bringing out a side of him he didn't know he had.

Maybe you were right in killing your squad, maybe you should have stayed with the chiss.
You know Metus was a Sith right. He was a Sith right in front of your nose and so was that echani you feel for
Even with all the past and current knowledge you managed to miss so many critical points
What would your father say, what would your mother say,
Tell me brother, what would they say if they saw you using force powers
What would they say if they saw that you worked for a sith
What would they say?
​You forgot I was here. But in true you never wanted to remember me
The big brother who went AWOL, the sith
The reason you were never taught the force.....
You thought you killed me, but instead I became you biggest demon.
So have fun little bro and if ya need me I will be here.
Rex fell to the floor and threw up. He was shaking by the time he got back up. How did he survive, how long had he being torturing Rex, edging him towards a darker path. He was supposed to be dead. He had been killed in a battle to the death between the two brother long ago......

Rex then got up, he could see Kaine in the throne room. He had to keep the secret for both of their sakes. He had to end the doctors. He pulled out his staff of remembrance and he walked into the medical room. He hit one man cross the face with his staff, He hit another in the chest and the last one he swept out their legs and performed a coup de grace. It had been done. They were dead. He then called in three of his men. They silently took the bodies and removed any evidence of what Rex had done. As Rex returned to the security room and sank to the floor. It had to be done. There was no other way it had to be.

Still as ruthless as ever little brother.
You are a good little Sith
You always were....

[member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] , [member="Yasha Mantis"] , [member="Kaine Australis"] , @Spenser Australis , [member="Gray Raxis"]

When he first heard about the incident, the man was in the Unknown Region dealing with his own government. It took time and some of the fastest ships in his fleet to get here. All along the way they faced trouble from all sides and left a wake of dead in their path. Jaster pulled out all the dirtiest and darkest methods of dispatching all the problems that faced his path. Many ships lay destroyed along his trade route and even still it took him so long to get to the capital of his blood culture.

When his Flagship finally reached the orbit of the planet, he had every piece of equipment that money could buy loaded onto his Theta-Class Shuttle. He even threatened to jump off the damn ship if it meant getting there quicker. Jaster was a Doctor who served with the Jedi lead Healers Guild for many years, to learn a close friend and one he respected was on the brink of loosing her child. He broke everything to get here. He had a pledge to hold up to help anyone who required it. This was just a tragedy that struck closer to home. As such he needed to rush to the surface and get this child help.

Once the shuttle landed and all the medical equipment rolled off the shuttle following him. He wore a white doctors coat and a white cap talking to nurses in similar medical gear, "I want to pull out all the stops, get the Genome Cylinders on stand by if we need to make emergency womb for the child, I also need the Trauma Care Package ready for the worse case scenario, and get the Aspha Serum out and protect it with your life, if we are to late, that is the only thing that will bring the child back from near-"

One of the nurses looked about, "Doctor Awaud, where are the guards?"

Jaster was still leading the group who were rolling the supplies and equipment into the palace, "Stay focused Sarah, less guards means less stopping, do not waste it." He felt it was weird as well, but he needed to stay focused.

The equipment reached the medical room. However.

It was Empty...

Before the nurses could get in a word, Jaster took a hand held Bio-Scanner and rushed off to the Thrown Room. "Stay there, get the equipment set up." The group did as they were instructed. He ran past the security room that [member="Rex Taff"] was in to continue on to the area he was aiming for. Jaster continued into the Thrown Room.

The door was open, on the floor was the Mand'alor, [member="Yasha Mantis"]. Standing and holding her was Kaine, next to him was [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] and [member="Gray Raxis"]. It was at this time he heard it, the crying of a baby. He knew it all to well. A flash of all the deliveries he proceeded over during his time in Healer Guild Refugee Centers and Free Clinics was numerous. However, he brought himself back to the present, he ran over to Yasha and her baby.

Running the scanner along the now wet and smothered baby, he took a look at the data. Though there was some stress levels elevated in the babies pulse, and the brain activity slightly more active then that of a premature babe. The Scanner rated the baby in acceptable heath, though it would need regular sleep and close care due to possible over stress. He scanned the child another time and still no signs of health defects of a premature babe was there, muscle damage, heart failure, not even abnormal brain waves. By medical standards, the baby was a healthy Mandalorian Human Child, Female, and data showed strong circulatory and muscle growth of that with good genetics.

He fell on his rear end, "A perfectly healthy Human Female Child..." He then looked up to [member="Kaine Australis"] from his sitting position, "How?"

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQMfmOKWvg[/video]​

The story of the Raxis family.... It was a story that Gray hated to remember, yet it was one he could help but love. It was the story of a father who left a family estate on Corellia to join a foreign culture known only as mercenaries and raiders to the wider galaxy. A story of a teenage not even yet a young man that swore himself to follow the tenants of the Resol'nare for some unknown reason and learned everything his new people had to teach him. The teenager had no verd'goten yet was considered a man now by his people. He learned of their traditions and saw the darkness within the soul of his own. He left. He fell in love. He married. He had a son. He passed everything of himself on. Everything but the reason why he chose the Mandalorians over his own Corelian kin. The man died before his son's eyes. His punishment for abandoning his kin. A curse that his son must now burden. His wife followed him too soon after. Yet another burden upon their child's soul. Discovery and connection would follow for their son, yet it would only end in lose.... That was the story of what it meant to be a Mandalorian Raxis. That was the curse etched deep into Gray's soul....

Gray could only be here right now for his daughter. He was a being that the force pestered with knowledge and knowing beyond what his mortal soul should. But the place he was in now kept it far away. He was nothing more than a blind Mandalorian trying to be the best father he could be for his suffering daughter. The source of her grief was far too real and too familiar for him. He couldn't show it though. He couldn't allow it to take him over. She needed him right now. His duty was to the young woman in his arms needing the comfort of her daddy.... But he knew the fate of his granddaughter already. Something far beyond the force whispered it into his very core. The Manda. It was the only possible answer. He would have to grieve for himself later. He could only show his pain and his sorrow in front of Baiko. She was the only one who could see through his walls. No, right now he needed to be strong for his daughter, his Yasha, so that she could be strong enough to make it when the news was given to her. He had to teach her how to mourn for those that past on. He had to teach her how to be a Raxis right now....

Death and Life, Life and Death. All will return to the Manda in the end....
The last words that Gray ever heard his father say to him. "Don't worry son. Death and life, life and death. All will return to the Manda in the end...." Swoooosh. His father's lips were in a smile as he met his end.... All Gray could remember after that was a series of sensations. Lights flashing. Blasts and screams striking his ears. The smell of rusty metal pooling crimson all around. Pain. Pain. Pain.... Then he was crying over his father's corpse....

A series of blasts went off all around them. An attack? Then Gray felt that ever familiar sensation of cool water drowning a desert dwelling soul. A thousand screaming sensations flooded into him all at once as the force was suddenly at his command yet again. It could almost overload him. Yasha was on her feet already and preparing for battle. She couldn't feel what he suddenly felt though: darkness. His head snapped and a dread like the one that over came him the day he watched his father die in front of his eyes. Pure darkness in quantities since he stood before the Dark Lord of the SIth struck him endlessly. It threatened to beat him into submission. It promised it would devour him. All of this coming from the direction of where Adara struggled for life.... What was going on? What threatened his granddaughter's soul?

Gray's fists turned white as he tightened them into fists. He could use the force yet again. He would use it no matter what the laws said would happen to him. No price was too much. All that mattered was his granddaughter. He drew the force into himself in vast quantities as quickly as he could. He only managed to take one step forward when the doors opened up. The source of darkness, the threat to his kin, approached them.... Then Kaine spoke a single word and Adara began to cry....

Gray froze.

Yasha rushed forward to embrace them both. What was going on? Gray felt nothing but darkness from his granddaughter. The very kind he fought to suppress in himself every day. The kind that took over him twice after each of his parents' deaths. How could this be? Standing there with his daughter and his granddaughter was an evil pure in its entirety. He knew Kaine's signature yet the one he felt was not his. But he knew it was his friend that had brought good news and his granddaughter alive to them.

Cassi was a wave of joy and his daughter's words spoke of the same from her. No one else seemed to notice that something was very wrong here. The Manda had proclaimed it was his granddaughter's time. Gray knew that fact well. Far too well. It had impaled him to his core repeatedly with this knowledge, yet here she was alive and well... yet darkness surrounded her and his friend. He needed answers. He needed to know what had just taken place that defied the will of the Manda so. He would have his answers... but for now he couldn't help being overcome with joy.

Gray's shoulders dropped and his hands released from their imprisoned state. He walked forward towards the sound of his daughter's overjoyed voice. It was a gift, he hoped, that she had been given a chance to raise her child. Red fingers felt forward until they touched her shoulder. They slide up then squeezed lightly. A soft smile on his face, Gray said to Yasha, " Honey, I know how you feel. But you need to let Adara rest now. Why don't you take her back into the medical room and keep a watch over her? You both could use the time to relax and sleep with each other there." He prayed she would listen as he squeezed her shoulder gently again.

A sudden sound as Jaster rushed into the room. He did something, perhaps examine Adara, that Gray could not see. The tension left his legs as Gray heard the familiar sound of a rear colliding with the floor. His words were those of shock and he asked the same question that was on Gray's mind. How?

Gray approached his friend Kaine next and found the other man's shoulder as well. Too many things were wrong here and it seemed he was the center of it. As Gray leaned in next to his ear, all of the power he had built up empowered his body. Beskar. Silicar. It did not matter. His hand bared down as an otherworldly vice crushing the armor. Gray's whispered words fell onto Kaine's ear. " We are going to have a long chat about what you did to my granddaughter." He leaned away from the other man's ear. His grip released with streaks of crimson now doting the palm shaped print as blood dripped from Gray's hand. He took in a deep breath. He had to find his center, his calm. Darkness bred darkness and Gray had more in him than he cared to share. After a moment he gave his friend a weak yet genuine smile. " Thank you for saving my Adara Kaine." He walked over to Jaster and offered the floored man a bleeding hand to help him to his feet.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaine Australis"]

“Manda, you saved my baby.” Yash’ika wept, cuddled in [member="Kaine Australis"]’ arms out of necessity. Ignorant of the happenstance, she thanked Manda, when the saviour of her child held her tighter than Yash’ika realized. Kaine had a death grip on holding her steady, when she could not stand herself.

One bright moment in a sea of cacophonous troubles framed the young mother and Mand’alor. Years of Netherworldly terrors, of civil war, of rebuilding from utter desolation and chaos framed her state of mind.

Yasha Mantis could give plenty to the Mando’ade. She could increase trade, help give the engineers and scientists the ability to terraform the planet, stabilize the navy and military forces, and bring lost Clans home… but Yasha could not take anything for herself.

If it hadn’t been for [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], Yasha would be what she was, a creditless twenty year old mother, whose riduur was gone. She slept in a room with a refresher in the Palace, less than 500 sq ft to her name. A borrowed flat in the palace. A place to lay her head.

Kaine Australis condemned the growing thought in her mind that she was her armour. A symbol without substance. A relic of the Civil War clinging to power to stay relevant.

He held her up, body shaking as she held her breathing little girl. How? How was she unattached to the machines? Did she need to go back? Was this one moment before Adara too was taken to Manda?

“Mom’alor… yeah. Kind of fun isn’t it?” Yasha sniffled a smile to [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] and continued to rock her baby. Cassie could see how beautiful the little girl was, diminutive little mouth open as Adara shook with a final cry before settling in her mother’s arms.

“Dad, she’s beautiful. She looks fine! Perfect! Aw, look… Mama’s eyes... Mama would curse me for giving my baby her eyes.” Black hovering over red irises. The Dark Lord’s eyes… Aditya Mantis’ eyes. A genetic defect rearing its’ ugly head?

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] thundered in, prepared to heal the child. She was normal. No signs of respiratory trauma, or the hear palpitations, which nearly ended her life. Yasha looked up in her maternal fugue state, eyes wide with the vulnerability of her daughter’s position.

“She’s… but are you sure, Jaster? Adara was… she was dying, Her heart couldn’t take the fluid building on her lungs and… she was dying. She can’t be perfectly human, I’m Epicanthix! Only Kaden was human. How is this possible?” Curious healing. If Yasha hadn’t been so tired, if she hadn’t gone through the grief of near losing her child, the Infernal would have stopped to think. Stopped and listened to the tension in Gray’s voice. Stopped and experienced the irregularity of Kaine’s arms around her, resolute and despairing.

None of it made sense. Why were Mandalorians firing around the Palace? Yasha couldn’t fathom what took place. All she saw was Adara’s ribcage rising and falling in turn. All she knew was her fatigue and the daughter she wept for was alive. Gray and Kaine both told her to go enjoy the moment, to rest with her infant child. Yasha longed to curl up in bed, her daughter in the crook of her arm, propped appropriately by a pillow. She longed to whisper into Adara’s ear, to watch her sleep and breathe and quake as her little limbs got used to the world. Yasha hadn’t slept in days.

Adara had been dying for days. It’ll be alright, Kaine said, and for the first time in days Yasha believed him. He kissed her head and Yasha felt her heart beat, protected and loved. The painful times were over.

Adara was alive. It was time for everything to be alright.

“Thank you, Kaine… thank you. I can’t ever repay you for watching over Adara through the worst of it. Are you sure, Dad? I can stay if I'm needed, maybe you're right. I could sleep for days. Adara… oh look at her little nose. Oh, she’s got Daddy’s nose. My baby has Preliat's nose… Cassie, will you come with me? Help me put her down? I… I need you.” She rocked Adara in her arms, swaying from foot to foot and humming her name. Adara. Adara. Untempered relief, and joy.

I did what I had to do…

If only the words registered, Yasha might have turned around and confronted the man who brought her child to her, whole.

Walking through the Palace in her stocking feet, Yasha stopped as a demonic wolf growled through the hall, bypassing Yasha with barely a sniff in her direction. His snout was lower to the ground, ears back and tail rigid. The stance he took while hunting.

[member="Ambrose Mantis"] made for the throne room. Yalilyr and Palace Guards began to filter in odd positions. The air was thick and ruthless. Mand’alor the Infernal stopped in the corridor and looked back to Ambrose. “What’s happening? [member="Rex Taff"] would know… yes, we should find Rex… but… Adara… she might need more care… Cassi, do you mind if you go get Rex, while I take Adara to the med room? She’s nuzzling, I think she’s hungry.”

Half dead to her surroundings, Yasha padded into the medical room and was greeted by Jaster’s nurses, who immediately fussed over the child, helping Yasha sit down on a bed, and teaching her how to feed her baby. Her apparently healthy baby…

… the medical reports didn’t lie. That baby should have been dead. All Yasha could do was hold Adara and lean back on the pillows they propped up behind her, bed raised so she could sit, and feed her child.

I did what I had to do. The way he held her, nearly shaking, ran through Yash’ika’s mind too late.

[member="Spencer Australis"]

Only one thing had the potency to bring me through the desert sands to the Sundari Palace after midnight. Yasha, and her child. I felt the grotesque mindset of my Yalilyr pull into my brainstem, through the mental connection Gurlanin pack-mates share. The closer I get to Sundari the more an ill sensation creeps down my spine. Where are the Bral? Where are the sec-mounted Ysalamiri?

Why are Clan Australis forces rushing through the city? I increase the speed of my lope, tearing at the street with enormous paws. Mandalorians know well enough to get out of my way. The palace is an enigmatic state of panic and silence, and I feel it.

I feel it through my Pack and through my own predilections.
The Bral.
The Ysalamiri around the Palace are dead.

Clan Australis men are carrying blasters that smell ionized. Recently fired. “Take them. Take them all into custody.”

My grunt is enough to let the Yalilyr move. All over Sundari, Clan Australis soldiers are arrested, and where needed, shot and stunned. They will be collected. I will have my answers.

The Palace is too quiet, my ears cannot pick up the beeps and whistles of the machinery brought in from the maternity hospital to save Adara’s life.

Then I smell it. Death clings to the air, visceral and without recompense. Death with cause. I lower on my haunches, preparing for the inevitable, while Tuulu gives me a single thought through our telepathic connection.

Australis. [member="Kaine Australis"] gave the order to fire.

My growl reverberates through the walls, which once brought me joy before my Ka’lo abandoned them to death’s embrace. Faulty lover, Death is here too often.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] and [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] stand in the halls and again I smell it. Death. It radiates off Adara like a cold wind on drawn curtains. My pace quickens. I don’t stop to comfort the mother or congratulate the child.

“Australis.”

My growl fills the Throne Room, echoing across the vaulted ceiling and empty chasm as if it too became part of me. Part of my voice box and lungs. [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] stand by him.

Gray’s blood smells edible. Tasteful… I rock my snout back and forth as I close in on my target, the ever present growl burgeoning out of my throat.

“Australis killed the Bral. All the Bral within range of the Palace… what have you done, Australis? Is this a failed coup? Did you fancy the throne? Or…” My voice ends. I sniff the air around the man and my growl intensifies.

Darkness. Evil.

I can smell it. What has he done? My front paws launch off the ground as my back paws thrust, I bark akin to a roar, pouncing this Mandalorian traitor to the duracrete floor, paws on his shoulders, teeth bared as I sink close to his face.

“Does anyone hold good reason to prevent me from taking the dar’jetii’s head between my jaws?” My snout snaps together, beast of a gurlanin I am.

I will feast tonight.

She stepped back, away from [member="Kaine Australis"], [member="Yasha Mantis"], and the baby. She was still close to them, but she decided to just watch their moment. There would be nothing more beautiful than a mother know her child will be okay. It was Yasha and Adara's moment, a mother and daughter bond. She took a breath and wiped her eyes, getting the wetness off her face. Adara made it and the mother needed to be with her small baby. She smiled as she watched the mother and child. She gave Kaine a warming smile. She didn't notice it yet but something seemed off with his expression.

Then, [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] showed up. This prompted her to give the man a smile and a small wave. He must have heard about the situation. And boy, did he get here fast - She watched carefully as he came in and began to scan the baby. She watched carefully, folding her arms. Maybe it was just her - but it seemed chilly in the room.

Her mind was still foggy from the emotions but Jaster seemed so surprised that the baby was alive. He asked a simple question - how? Cassiopeia's mind clearly began turning, also wondering how a child in such a medical situation managed to live. But, Manda had different plans for her, right? She would be a miracle - she fought to live and won the battle.

In her position, she watched [member="Gray Raxis"] come over. Did he just crush Kaine's armor? Her face became curious, uncertain.

I did what I had to do…

What did Kaine mean? He couldn't have done anything - it was up to the doctors to do anything. Didn't he just observe, wait? What did he have to do?

Yasha asked her a question, which brought her out of her thoughts, "Hm? Oh, yes, yes. I'll help. Of course, I'll come with you." She smiled as she walked beside Yasha. She was tired - physically and emotionally. But, she couldn't imagine the joy Yasha must feel to know her baby will make it out alive. Her eyes caught Ambrose trot past and the Yalilyr were getting into odd positions. She perked a brow. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. But what? What was going on? "Don't you worry, Yasha, I'll go find him and find out what's going on. You go rest with Adara, please. Don't do anything else tonight. I'll come see you soon, okay?" She gave her friend a small squeeze on her arm before leaving.

With that, Cassiopeia went to the security room, the only place she could imagine [member="Rex Taff"] would be at. She entered the room, one hand on her stomach. "Rex? Are you in he-" She immediately saw him on the floor and quickly got down on her knees, "Rex? Are you okay?" She asked concerned, carefully checking to see if he had been hurt. What the hell is going on?

[member="Spencer Australis"]

The man was stunned.

He was told the child was on her death bed, medical reports were sent to him and he read them frantically. All data pointed to the child dying, he half expected the need to revive the child and place her in a genetic chamber to allow it a womb like environment and allow the doctors to ease the babe into life. All the though and planning was now replaced with questions. This was all forgotten when Gray told Yasha to go take care of the Child, Jaster would follow, but his mind was spinning with questions.

It was not until he saw Gray place his hand on [member="Kaine Australis"] shoulder and whisper and crush his shoulder plating. It was then that he knew, the Force was involved here. Where were the anti-force protection that was to protect the planet form all force users. The only logical path was that they were dispatched from the area around the palace. What did Kaine do?

When Gray offered his hand to him, Jaster gladly accepted and stood up. The blood on his hand was flowing, he looked at the blind man and pulled a Soak Cloth from his medical satchel (Man Bag) and slapped it on the [member="Gray Raxis"], "The child comes first, then this incident can be solved, Yasha is not in the right mind set to deal with these problems, we do not yet know how the child came to be this way, I leave you to make decisions of what Kaine should face."

Jaster was about for follow after the Mand'alor when [member="Ambrose Mantis"] came barging in as a wolf and for a second did not recognize him in that form. It was not till he spoke that Jaster finally realized it was the left hand man of the Mand'alor and he spoke out in a way to protect his Leader. Jaster only walked up to the man as he attacked Kaine and pinned him on the floor, "Kaine saved your niece Ambrose, how is still unknown, but I suspect he used the magic of the Force and has broken the law of the Empire, yet you do not have the Authority to kill him, arrest him and we will await the recovery of the Mand'alor, I must get back to the child and her mother, the reciprocation of this is still unknown and I have test to run, I trust, Grey, Ambrose, you can take care of him until we can find out the cause of this mysterious recovery."

Jaster then turned to leave the room to follow the two women who left the room. Kaine was a dear friend of his, to see him arrested for saving a child was disheartening. But he had to look at it objectivly, how did this look? If he sided with Kaine, defended him, he would also be arrested and be unable to prove the mans possible innocents. For now he had to have Kaine recommended to be arrested, he had to answer for what he did none the less.

By the time he got to the medical room, [member="Yasha Mantis"] was already being taken care of by the Medical Professionals he brought with him. However, he was not able to see [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] in the room, but he needed to focus on the child. He walked up to Yasha and placed his Scanner on the table and plugged it into the Medical Terminal next to the Genome Cylinder and Bio Scanner that was also brought with him. "It seems I read the data wrong before Yasha, Adara does take most genetic traits from her father so I assumed she was full Human in my... weak moment," He stopped tapping on the terminal and looked back to the women carrying her baby, the nurses were now leaving her along and started to get a medical bed ready for them both, "Her active brain waves and deeper medical scan shows she is part Epicanthix, from preliminary scans she is perfectly healthy and will grow to be a scarier women then her mother," He flashed her a old man smile, one he did not show very often as he was actually happy to see the baby was okay.

He did keep some minor details from her as well. There was minor brain degradation in parts of the brain that showed she was dead for a good 6 min and multiple calcium build up on parts of the babies bones that were attributed to rapid healing of the bones after fracture. All indications of her body was rapidly healed without proper understanding of how to cover their tracks. He had seen this in multiple victims of civilians being converted to Sith Spawn and Jedi Healers attempting to revers the effects quickly and with any means. These was still not enough info to properly point out the use of if it was Dark or Light source, but he decided to keep the new to himself.

The man walked up to Yasha and held a Datapad, "As of now, I will be Adara pediatrician from here on out, I have a PhD from the Anaxus Military Academy in both Genetics and Galactic Anatomy of over sixty four species, both Human and Epicanthix are covered under it, I am also certified by the Coruscant Medical Board and the Commenoran Royal Court Doctors," He looked over the data as he spoke, "the nurses tell me she is being a bit fussy, well oddly enough that shows progress," Taking a look at the child, he could tell Yasha was only partly listening to him, "Well normally I would not approve this, but you both have been through a lot, I will have her sleep with you so you both can get some sleep tonight, a nurse will be in the room with you when I am not here, best to be ready at all times of course."

He placed the datapad behind his back and stood in a near military stance of attention, "So if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them, though we still have a lot of test to run before your daughter is cleared to leave the Medical Room from here on out."

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex continued to lie on the ground. He kept repeating to himself and his brother in his head that it had to be done there was no other way. His brother, how had he gotten in his head. Rex had killed him after he had gone mad with the darkside of the force. His brother had gone mad and killed most of their family. And yet how long had his brother been in his head. How long since he had ended his brother's life had he been in his head.

I can tell what you want to know.
I have been here since you "killed me"
You never even noticed.
all the things I did
all those dark times,
all of that was me.
I convinced that general to make you kill that squad
Your squad
wasn't hard he wanted you out of the picture anyways
feared you'd take his job
rightfully so little bro
you would make a great general and a better sith
Rex didn't wanna believe that was possible. His own brother while in his head had made him no only kill his team but relive it day after day. The anger and pain he felt was beginning to boil. Rex need to focus. The only way to beat his brother was to focus. But 10 years his brother had been manipulating events. 10 whole years and most of what went wrong he was to blame. Rex remained on the floor in a ball. He heard footsteps pass the room time after time. Good no one should see him like this.

Oh little brother
do you have pride do you?
such a darkside emotion pride
perhaps you should use it to your advantage
maybe you should destroy them all
or perhaps you don't want to
perhaps you trust these people
if they found out about me, well
we both know the stories don't we
after all it is your head
His brother might be right. No one could know about his brother. It was his burden to bear. One he would not share. As that thought finished someone came into the room. It was [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] she began asking questions. She hadn't see the sick or the state of the room itself. But she began asking questions of what happened. What would he tell her.

Tell her the truth
Tell her about me
or tell her a lie
​or third option
I know you'll like this one
kill her
right here, right now
do it
become the Sith you were meant to be
become what I want you to be
listen to me little brother
do it
Rex would scream internally at the voice.
Why should I listen to you
why would I kill her
what is there to gain
NOTHING
what is there to lose
EVERYTHING
so kark it
I am not turning for you
I refuse to

Rex could feel his big brother begin smug. He had wanted Rex to answer and now he knew how to get the man's attention. Rex thought it might be because of his angry outburst at him. He finally looked up at Cassi. What would he tell her. What would he say. What could he say. "Cassi, I am fine. I just need some time to think. I am fine otherwise," He lied with a flat voice. Either she would believe him or she wouldn't only time would tell.

Lying now little brother
Are you sure you're not a Sith?
because most of us lie and cheat
hmmmm?

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], [member="Ambrose Mantis"], [member="Yasha Mantis"], [member="Kaine Australis"], @Spenser Australis, [member="Gray Raxis"], [member="Darth Vesull"]

The words that escaped from Kaine's lips in response to what Gray had to say only made his ire rise. He did what he had to do? He did what he had to do? It was not his place to intervene in the cycle of life. Gray loved his granddaughter more than life itself. She was his family. She was what mattered the most in his life by far, and this karking scum wanted to talk about doing what he had to do? The man pumped her full of darkness, a child already fated to struggle with the dark side. He doomed her. He gifted Gray's granddaughter with a burden she never should have had on her frail, infant shoulders. Gray had half a mind to just end Kaine's miserable life right here... but it was not his place nor their way. They were Mandalorians. They were born of a culture with more honor and mercy towards their own than any other. This hollow shell of what use to be a honorable man would face trial and receive his punishment in front of the eyes of all their people. Gray would make sure of that.

As Jaster took Gray's hand and then spoke, the words just washed over him as meaningfully and easily as they would over a half submerged stone. His anger was getting to him. He needed to calm down. He needed to center himself now before he was overcome.... Breath in. Breath out. Something was over his bleeding hand now. It was absorbing the blood. He closed his hand around it. The pressure would stop the bleeding. He needed to do the same to his anger. It would stop spilling out if he pressured it enough with calm....

The sounds of paws entered through the door to be followed by growl. Or perhaps they were at the same time? All of it seemed to be slowed to a stop for Gray right now. All he knew was that Ambrose spoke then pinned Kaine to the ground. The wolf said the bral had been killed by the man. Gray already knew that. Then the beast said something it shouldn't have. It was laying claim to the wretch's life. That belonged to Mandalore, to the Manda. Then the wretch dared utter three words. The voice was mechanically Kaine's, but Gray could feel the evil behind it. A flash of memories assaulted Gray's mind. Words spoken in voices he recognized to entice or enrage him, but where nothing more than illusions. Strings upon his mind seeking to play him. This darkness, this thing, that had corrupted his granddaughter was doing the same to the sorry excuse on the floor. Was that what those hollow words from before was about? Was some dark bargain made?

Gray had enough. He released the cloth from his hand. The force swelled with in him. Not all of it had been released before it seemed and was building exponentially yet again. In a commanding tone not hiding his rage or his sincerity, Gray yelled, " You will get off him right now or by the Manda I will throw you into the corner and make you sit."

Gray turned to face Ambrose. Bleeding fingers pulled the scarf to the floor. Scars of burns and electricity with milky spheres that somehow remained intact looked directly at the beast. " The real wolf here is me. You are nothing more than a trained dog off its leash. That," He pointed a bloody finger at Kaine, " is my prey. Adara is my granddaughter and Yasha is my daughter. The only reason you are even getting this one chance is because of how good of care you have taken of the both of them. So as I said before. Get off of him right now before I make you sit myself."

The entirety of the room would suddenly feel weighed down. It was as if a gravity well suddenly formed in the room pushing everything down. It threatened to crush anything should its intensity increase even a bit. Fear. Ire. Dread. Conviction. These emotions suddenly began to flood in with it. It was not some surface sensation but one that penetrated to the core. It was something primal, instinctive. All of it was centered around Gray as he just kept his unseeing eyes looking directly at Ambrose. No hint of fear of the gurlanin existed within him. All that was there was assurance that every word he had said would come to pass. It was on the wolf now to decide Gray's next move.

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Ambrose Mantis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

In the brief moment of solitude, Yasha felt the absence of doting females in her life. She curled up cross legged, back against the bed and tried to hold her newborn the way the nurses showed her. Support the head, cradle the body. It felt as natural as being en pointe in open toed sandals on gravel.

The relative silence of the room, bustle and no conversational sound, burned into her ears. Yasha eased back, her own recuperating broken ribs causing her to shift uncomfortably on the bed. Barataria hadn’t been long enough ago to recover in full, the Mand’alor used her armour to encase and protect herself, but wearing the heavy beskar’kandar cost her.

Adara wasn’t the only one who by rights needed a doctor like [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]. One of Jaster’s nurses eased Yasha’s legs from cross-legged to straight, running a scan of the wounded mother and clucking her tongue.

A healing, but cracked skull, seven broken ribs, an ankle that by rights shouldn’t be walked on, the injuries in various states of repair on Yasha Mantis’ body sang like the hymn of the career Pugilist. The attack on Barataria had thrown the young woman through a building, inciting the premature labour which nearly killed her child. Yet one more darker medical secret became revealed upon perusal of the scans of Yasha Mantis.

Malnutrition? In the Mand’alor? Dangerously low Immune Response?

Small for an Epicanthix at 6’6”, Yasha Mantis also lacked the signature muscle tone of her genetic forebearers. She was slender, and in the light of the medical room, gaunt.

“Oh… she does?” Yasha rocked her baby and looked down at Adara’s features. He took genetically after Kaden then? Adara was her little human?

“My poor little human. My poor little girl… what happened, Jaster? She was dying…” Jaster’s smile broke across the exhausted and physically hurting young woman, so far from her staunch and noble presence as Mand’alor the Infernal. No, tonight Jaster faced Yasha Mantis, concerned mother and overstretched wounded young woman. “Scarier than me, eh? You’ve got a lot to prove, Adara…”

The baby quaked, nothing but the natural movement of an infant getting comfortable. It was enough for Yasha to go stock straight and gasp. “What’s that, is she okay!? Am I hurting her? Am I holding her wrong?”

Jaster’s litany of degrees and qualifications took the edge off Yasha’s sudden maternal panic. She rested Adara propped up between both closed legs, watching the tiny neonate like a shriek-hawk watching a songbird.

“Yes, Jaster that… thank you. You’re overly qualified to answer my panic, thank you.”

Where was [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] and [member="Rex Taff"]? Why did the halls of the Palace feel so wrong? Yasha shivered, the air cold. Foreboding.

“How can her lungs be fine if they were filling with fluid? And her heart… she was hooked up to everything she could be, Jaster… is… is it my fault? When Kaden and I conceived her, we’d barely gotten back from the Netherworld. I was half-starved and… morning sickness didn’t help in reacquainting my stomach to a diet of proper nutrition. Did I do this to her? Is she going to grow up alright? I hit hard enough to go unconscious, what if I gave her brain damage? I… I don’t sleep well… and… am I going to hurt her by holding her? Your nurse showed me how to feed her, but what if my milk is not enough? I don’t understand what is happening.” Yasha’s voice trailed off, sliding numbly from a body which starved for sleep and proper nutrient intake to heal from her still-raging injuries.

She cradled her girl, incapable of taking her eyes off the little human-mix. Adara was breathing. How could Yasha sleep without watching over Adara for signs of continued life? Eyelids stinging with fatigue, Yasha cradled Adara to her chest and leaned back against the raised bed. Adara’s weight pressed against her ribs, a dull thud of pain in Yasha’s chest. [member="Gray Raxis"] would come soon... Dad would come to watch over his girls... Yasha's mind lingered on the hell spread across [member="Kaine Australis"]' cheeks.

The tension building as she left the room.

What was happening? Why couldn't Yasha concentrate on that?

"Rex," she put her hand to [member="Rex Taff"] forehead in some attempt to gauge if he was sick or not, "you're on the floor, you can't..." Her voice trailed off as her eyes caught some type of scene unfolding in the broken throne room. Why was Ambrose about to pounce Kaine... And... He did it! Why would he pounce Kaine? There were so many questions running through her mind but none of them made any sense. "Rex, what in Kad is going on?" She mumbled, panic rising in her voice and emotions. She didn't expect him to actually answer.

She glanced at Rex, "We... we gotta go," she said, quickly moving over to help Rex off the floor. Something was wrong - very wrong. Why would Ambrose attack Kaine like that? Especially after bringing Yasha's baby to her? Cassiopeia panicked, unsure of what was going on and only knowing something really wrong was going on. With or without Rex, she quickly began to make her way back to the throne room.

"Ambrose! Ambrose!" She yelled as she finally got into the throne room, pausing as she stared at Ambrose, who was still on top of Kaine. He was about to rip his head off. "What are you doing?!" She moved towards Ambrose, making motions to get off but not getting close enough to actually touch him. "Get off of him!" She glanced towards [member="Gray Raxis"], confusion, and panic ripping through her eyes. She continued to hold her stomach as if it somehow stabilized the growing babes during her sprint down the halls to the throne room.

It didn't exactly process but it hit her a little too late - did Gray say his prey? She stared between the two and then to [member="Kaine Australis"]. The mood in the room made her feel sick - even more so than she usually was. She felt faint, nausea boiling over. She wasn't sure if she could keep it down at this rate. "What the kark is going on?" She took a deep breath, trying to contain the only increasing panic ripping through her. The anxiety, the dread, that filled the room was poisonous.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"I am fine cassi." He snapped. God he didn't mean to do that. Why had he snapped. He almost missed her next question. He looked at her. "What do you mean?" Then he looked at the monitors and saw the scene between [member="Gray Raxis"], [member="Ambrose Mantis"] and [member="Kaine Australis"]. Amborse and Gray were going to kill kaine.

They are going to kill him
Won't that be fun
how long before they kill you to
hmmmm....
I have always been looking out for you little Bro
How long before they hunt you down?
How long before they hunt down your son?
They won't
They can't
They wouldn't
would they?​
He response weakened as fear took over. He needed to get out. He needed to get away. They could never know.....if they were going to kill Kaine for having something in his head what would they do to him. As [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] went one way Rex stumbled the other way. He was going to get away from here. Get off mandalore. He needed not to be found. His brother in his head, what would they do to him. What would they do.

Indeed brother
what would they do
if they found out I was here
what would they do
to your son
to his lover
what would they do
to someone like you....
Rex was so busy stumbling along the halls throwing up every so often as he did so. That he missed the most important things. This is exactly what his brother wanted. The Sith knight in his head was smiling. He wasn't hiding it. He had done what he had wanted ever since he had turned evil. Turn his little brother. Once he found a body the two of them would be able to finally take the galaxy by force. And so Rex stumbled out of the palace to his men. They took him to a med-bay on board a ship and quietly slipped off world.

[member="Yasha Mantis"], [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Jaster was standing there while looking at the women, she was really concerned about her child. To be honest, so was he. The Force was something of a medically unknown substance, yet in his travels he was able to get a minor understanding of what is was capable of doing to a sentient beings body. Both so called Light and Dark sides of this Force were able to care for a wounded person, but each one left a different element behind for some minor test to really narrow it down. Of course it would require a Force User to really be able to get the answer quicker but it was better to have the information on hand. He still wished to help Kaine out of his little problem, but Laws were Laws for a reason.

He was interrupted in his train of through by one of the nurses handing him a data-tablet and whispering, “Sir, the mother is not in good shape as well.”

Nodding and looking over the medical scan she was wright, Yasha was not in the best of health. Though every bone in her body could be broken and she would not ask for assistance. He signed again before [member="Yasha Mantis"] mentioned an odd movement with the child, looking he responded, “Your doing perfectly fine Yasha, she is just getting settled in your arms,”

He turned over to a nurse and continued to talk, “I need a Bacta Sugar-Solution drip and 12 milliliters of Ice Mushrooms, I will also need 5 CC’s of Polybiotic and Pommwomm readied as well,” He turned back to Yasha, “Let us dispense with formalities for a bit, Yasha, seems you did not let your body heal, as such you will also be placed under my care for the time being.”

Once he was getting the needed supplies ready, she started to ask a million questions at once. So many that he continued to have the nurses ready the equipment and grab a small meal for the Mand’alor that was placed by Jasters side. He remembered as much as he could and answered them as best he could, “Easy now Yasha, I am getting older and my memory is not what is use to be, let me answer what I can,” He flashed another smile to try and comfort her, “I am not yet sure what happened to Adara, I only just arrived a few minutes ago from the Unknown Region, things are much different from the medical report that was handed off to me, from the data I had now and the report that was handed off to me, there was nothing that can be attributed to a fault in your ability, though if I am being blunt, fighting in your condition did not help the situation,” He lowered from his smile as he now got his doctors look of attempting to break bad news to a fragile patient and pulled up the data-tablet. “When I left Fel Imperial Space a report was sent to me stated your child was born premature, one month and ten days before your due date, medic on site stated it was due to blunt force trauma that aggravated the womb and forced the body to produce a Premature Birth, the ambulance driver along with Mandalorain Medics then stated the child had fluid in her lunges, weak immune system, minimal heart muscles for clear circulation as well as several other greater dangers to her life,”

Jaster knew saying all this would hurt the women, she was worried for her child, but now she needed to know the truth, “Now that I am here, this is what I can tell you, Adara is healthy, early blood work, brain scans, muscle and nerve reactions all show green and though her immune system shows her white blood count lower than normal, last update showed they were increasing, so she will need to be under medical care for another few weeks, I can not give you any better answers till we run more test, as of right now, all I know for sure is she is alive, let’s be glad about that right now.”

He set the Data-tablet on the tray next to the food, “Now it’s lecture time Yasha, broken bones, malnutrition, body showing signs of little to no sleep, and a cracked skull, I understand the situation, however, as your doctor now I will have to order you a punishment,” His grumpy face turned to a one with a cracked smile, “Eat, rest, and heal so the little one has no need to worry, I will hold her while you eat and the nurses hook you up to the machines, Doctors Orders.”

Jaster knew she was worried about what was going on outside, but there were a lot of problems outside that did not need to become Yasha’s until she had a chance to heal up. He was not as skilled as [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Kaine Australis"] or [member="Ambrose Mantis"] were, but they would have to bring those problems outside into his medical room over his cold dead body. If she got even the slightest hint of the problems outside, not even Ra himself could hold her back from her doing her job.

[member="Rex Taff"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom