Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Demands of the Commenors (CSA Incursion)

I literally growled out against the droid as I was told to hold myself.

We lived here in peace. Commenor was built upon the foundations of equality for all walks of life. Sith, Jedi and any others were welcome to walk these halls, and the streets of our queens domain. She herself had a story that I knew all too well, and why she wanted to create such a place for her people. She wanted to create a safe haven for those who could find none. Yet these pathetic droids masquerading as knights came and threatened the temple, and Commenor to fall should we choose to not side with them. Over my life time, you fought for what you believed in. Freedom is a right given to all beings. No matter who they are.

They are free to live, free to kill, and free to die. However, all must pay the price of their actions. The consequences of their actions will always follow. As such, These robotic beings stood silently. Yet lady Kay was paying attention to them. Could they use telepathy, or was this some form of singular communication. However, as Kay spoke up to the droid, everyone could hear her.

She wanted peace. Maybe to talk to this Onyx. If there was one thing that I knew about men or beings who were willing to burn everything just to rule over the ashes, was that they didn't care if you were on the same side as they were. They wanted their power, and their form of freedom, while forcing all others under their rules and laws. The only law that was true to every species was the Law of survival.

I was not afraid to end these droids in a heap of bolts and pieces. maybe even take their parts and make something out of it.

I kept my lightsaber prepared, Still on and the humming tried and true. Thalia standing behind me, Her left hand on the center of my back. Ready to use me as a weapon like we had done before.

"With all due respect Kay, Don't talk to Onyx. These Iron Knights promise much with an ultimatum."

Looking back at the red one, I could feel my eyes burning. Passion that I had not held within me for years had some how exploded out from me. It was when I came to the notion that this was my home. The one place I knew I could come without anyone holding me differently. Yet it was these insurgents who wanted to burn all those they deemed unworthy. If they wished to test us so, then I had a few tests to see if they really were up to specs as they say they are.

"I swear, Holovideos foretold of days where droids would rise up to fight organics for the pure purpose of weeding us out."

[member="Kahne Porte"], [member="Teynara Jeralyr"], [member="Ruby"], @Hark! An Iron Knight, [member="Vlarem"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Lady Kay"],

So. Much. Noise.

Intolerable. How could these organics even withstand listening to one another speak? The movement their tongues produced as saliva pushed about their germ riddled maws bespoke of their truly bestial nature. Unlike the perfect communication of mechanical, speaker directed audio, these horrendous monsters still relied on gutturally produced caws and moos to get their needs across. As mathematically anticipated, the grotesque lot were either stalling for time or attempting to use chides to illicit some sort of tactical blunder.

The iron knights were on a different plane of existence to these glorified roaches. They could not be plussed by contrite spittle. Truly, the greatest mercy [member="Ruby"] could bestow upon these sorry creatures was a swift, efficient death. In the Force, whirls and concentrations could be felt freely meandering to silver twinged knights. For [member="Lady Kay"], they would consider a righteous and honorable departure from the tyranny of her existence -and one that was befitting to her station.

[member="Atheus"] [member="Vlarem"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

'Silence will speak a greater truth than words ever will. Words are just noise, an expression of thought that can harm and soothe in equal measure. But, what is it that they harm and soothe? Egos, pride. That is the answer. To see the Truth, one must stare beyond such petty matters, we must stare into the realm of those greater than us, the Lords and Ladies that died with reality and remade it as they were reborn. Such a realm is a realm of silence, for silence conveys not egos and pride but emotion and action.'

The words of a religious story once told to the Zabrak in his youth echoed within his mind as silent footsteps carried him towards the gathered group of organics and droids. At his side, his cybernetic hand flexed and relaxed in a rhythmic pattern as thought consumed Virak. Standing within the background, one with the shadows, so as to evaluate and learn a situation had long since been a habit of his and, as such, he had yet to contribute to the gathering in any manner other than his silence; studying instead the actions of these so called Knights.

The self proclaimed Knight-Commander spoke of eradication, a destruction of all that stood against them, all that did not bow to them. But, with words disregarded, particularly as the droid seemed to simply speak in circles, it was the actions behind such words that intrigued the Zabrak. They had stayed their hands, as the Knight-Comannder, had pointed out. They had stayed their hands despite aggression displayed towards them. With the emotions of disdain proclaimed aloud, surely it was not respect that drove these metallic beings. Honour, perhaps? But, then, they had been assaulted, so, why did their honour still bind them to inaction?

Stepping forwards from behind Kay - for the Zabrak had been finding time to think and reflect within the hands of nature over the noise of civilisation, let along hypocritical musings on dismissing emotion, after speaking with Kay - Virak allowed himself to be seen by the droids. Allowing them to see him clad in the heavy, dark red, almost black in the shade, cloak that fell around his form, with the dull shine of the breastplate shining through where the heavy fabric failed to fully enclose him form as the Cloak of the Force fell away from his shoulders. At his hip, sheathed in a rudimentary leather sheathe, was a durasteel longsword - only the pommel, hilt and guard currently visible. Wrapped around his head were lengths of white cloth, obscuring the majority of the right side of his face from view, leaving only one eye visible and a multitude of scars extended out from beneath the fabrics.

Moving his focus away from the part of droids for a moment, Virak could hardly contain the snort of annoyance as he stared at his fellow organics. Unlike with the droids, he did not need to ponder emotion nor action of his fellows, or, at least, the majority. Aggression being prominent in action, let alone the emotions being radiated into the Force - even if said aggression was born from the urge to protect in the majority of the cases. Unless a resolution to the situation would be presented soon, aggression would spark too much and conflict would begin, conflict started not by the intruding force but by those that had been within the Praxeum. For a moment, he wondered what the droids might think of them and thought that it might be similar to his own thoughts: annoyance at how easily his fellow organics were allowing emotion to play through their actions.

Virak simply strode forwards to stand just shy of Kay as he continued to hold his silence. He did not wishing to undermine Kay's asking of a channel of communication by speaking his own thoughts and, as such, was waiting for the Knight-Commander to reply. Besides, even if he chose to not speak up, he was learning by listening and would continue to do so.

[member="Ruby"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]
Edited in tags as I forgot to actually include them in my post like the idiot I am. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

The sounds of clinking metal and the occasional spark echoed in the small hangar bay as Cassius worked on his A-wing starfighter. He’d just gotten planet-side from the Providence, and was working to see if he could improve one of the stabilizers on the port side, since he’d noticed that it was drifting a little bit when he flew. He still had his flight suit on, but had taken off the flak vest and life support box to allow for more flexibility as he worked.

Cassius had just closed up the hull plating he’d taken off in order to work on the stabilizer when he heard a loud, booming voice, almost metallic-sounding, bounce off of the walls of the hangar bay. Curious, he stood, trying to listen further. The smallest bit of apprehension filled his chest when the voice practically threatened those at the Praxeum. With a little hop in his step, he decided to follow the voice outside.

As he came outside, he could see the five droids, standing in near-perfect formation, the scarlet one in the middle the obvious leader. Cassius stayed back, behind everyone else. Ground combat wasn’t exactly his forte, and while he was putting in a bit of practice with his lightsaber and blaster every now and then, he had little doubt he could take on these droids. They looked serious, and were probably programmed for combat, much like the assassin models he had heard about.

Although, Cassius remained calm. The droids were being steadily outnumbered, and there were those present that Cassius knew to be strong in the Force. The mechanical beings made grandiose claims about a coming tide of peace in the galaxy – a peace that Cassius knew to just be tyranny in disguise, the most gargantuan form of arrogance anyone could have. It was still hard to tell whether or not these droids posed any sort of threat, hence the tension. While a couple of their number had decided to test the resolve of the droids, Cassius had no intention of doing so. He’d learned a long time ago to not underestimate the skill level of your enemy.

He knew that [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] would try to find a peaceful solution to this, no matter what. However, Cassius stood ready to draw his blaster in case it was needed.

[member="Ruby"] | @Hark! An Iron Knight | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Virak Ip"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]

The situation around them held a tension that left Veiere feeling greatly concerned, it could be cut with a single stroke and then all would fall into the chaos of battle. These Iron Knights, though he knew not their origin nor purpose had come seeking to speak with them. This lord or leader of theirs, Onyx; Veiere knew not what it was or what it viewed as peace everlasting yet it sounded nothing alike the peace that Commenor shared within it's ideals and goals for the future.

These are no friends of ours, Kay...

His words would reach out to her mind, not spoken but expressed through their telepathic link, a way of communication that they often took up during peace talks or such negotiations where others knew not her secret and therefore trusted her not to be among those force users around them. His opinion for these metal warriors was not high yet for the swift rush to the Praxeum's defense that his people had shown their guests, the words and presence of the newcomers had done little to discourage otherwise. The passive way that they spoke towards those of Commenor, those of both the Commenori Knights, the Queen as well as Veiere and the members of the Jedi Order that were present, there was no outward bound aggression yet a coldness in their inability to relate and therefore recognize a better course of meeting with them.

"It is true, your approach has alarmed some of us. For their behavior I take responsibility..." Veiere spoke up in response to that of [member="Ruby"], "But you must understand, the words you offer do not come with much of a choice. You are giving us the decision to join you in watching the Galaxy burn, or otherwise claiming that we will burn with it...-Should you wish us to understand the reason behind your coming to us like this, perhaps you would elaborate as to this Lord Onyx of yours and what his vision is for the Galaxy...-This peace, of yours..." Veiere placed a hand to Kay's shoulder as he stepped forward a pace to put himself before her. Should these Iron Knights find the motive to react in hostility, provoked or otherwise taking action upon themselves, they would not be reaching the Queen of Commenor before first going through her King.

Alas, not all within the Order of Commenor were fully trained nor as reserved as Veiere was. From the tree-line, several of the Padawan of The Force Praxeum had gathered together, all armed and with their lightsabers in hand, resting silently within their cylinder hilts, watching with great frustration as the envoy met with the heads of the world, their Force Order to discuss matters of convergence and war. Theirs was an answer that others shared, the threat that was being delivered may have been spoken upon silver tongues with little a sign that they would yet seek to take from the people, that did not mean to say however that these Padawan would sit idly by while the five rust buckets would talk down to their King and Queen, nor those that gathered around them.

Oh sh-...

Veiere sensed it yet could not alert his wife before the students erupted from the undergrowth of the forest, blades of blue and green erupting in a loud snapping hiss as they called attention to themselves in great defiance of their droid guests, wasting no time with the intention of taking the Iron Knights from behind, they all rushed so hastily at their foes with lightsabers raised high and arcing out to meet them in open combat. The presence around Veiere Arenais suddenly lept into power, his aura flaring in sudden desperation and fear for the children, his lightsaber being torn from the clip of his belt by his will in the force, the green blade being expelled from the hilt as he called back to his people.

"Keep the Children back!"
[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Ruby"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Virak Ip"]​

Ruby (Incursion)

R
At the sound of the ignition of lightsabers, not a single Knight so much as twitched.

The Knight Commander, on the other hand, sprang into action.

Faster than the eye could see, Ruby drew his saber and turned on the students. His blade was the same shade of crimson as his chassis. Unlike most red blades, specifically those wielded by the Sith, there was no instability in this blade. It was bright and clear, far more focused, a fine rapier in a roomful of clumsy clubs.

There were five of them attacking at once, in the same sort of impractical leap utilized by the giant bear-man. In a fight, that was tantamount to suicide. The crimson blade slashed out in a single, sweeping horizontal slash, too fast to be tracked by the unaided eye. Four of the five Padawans collapsed into the pristine grass, their bodies neatly bisected at the hip. The smell of scorched flesh and leaking bowels seared the crisp afternoon air.

The fifth and final padawan, a young girl of about seventeen, barely had time to register what had happened to her comrades as she landed. He lightsaber was a light violet in color. Warned of the impending danger by the Force, she tried to interpose her blade between the Knight Commander's and her ankles as it struck, but she was a hair too slow. She fell to the ground, screaming, as her footless legs collapsed. Another stroke took her hands, still clutching at her lightsaber, scorched nerves not yet recognizing that they lacked a body to send them countervailing commands.

In less than a second, it was over.

Ruby extinguished his saber and clipped it to his waist before picking up the sobbing girl.

"I warned you that I would not tolerate a third attack," he said, addressing the crowd. "Had you simply let us walk away, you would have been unmolested until the day of conquest led us back to your world. Now, you will pay for your impudence with the lives of your children."

With his free hand, he gestured towards the bisected bodies of the Padawans. A couple still moved feebly, but it was clear that shock had set it. Without medical attention, they would be dead in minutes.

You know what to do, brothers. Let not one damn cur pass by.

As one, the silver Knights nodded. The one who had stood at Ruby's right side, drew his lightsaber, the blade just as fine as Ruby's. It, however, shone a pure silver. The one on the furthest side didn't draw his weapon. Instead, the chest of his chassis opened, revealing a large crystal, about the size of a fist, where a human's heart would rest. The crystal began to glow, flooding the grounds of the Academy with actinic fire. Within moments, it burned so brilliantly, it blotted out everything else.

And then, it was gone. As was Ruby, and the Padawan he had taken hostage. The Knight's crystal continued to glow, this time with residual heat. Cracks began to spread across the surface until, suddenly, it shattered, leaving only dust. The Knight collapsed like a puppet with its strings cut.

"Have at thee, knaves!" cried the Knight with the silver saber as he adopted a high guard and steeled himself for the onslaught.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Vlarem"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Virak Ip"] [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"]

It was all over within a matter of a few heartbeats.

How had things gone so badly wrong? The vast majority of the Praxeum's Jedi were present here, standing in the doorways, or within the courtyard itself, many having spilled outside to stand between the metallic visitors and the building of the Praxeum itself. Teynara had only caught a fraction of the words spoken between the droid-like beings and the other Jedi present, had heard a combination of threatening tones and more calming words spoken, as if to suggest that matters need not escalate into conflict, as they so often did.

That much was not going to happen now. She'd heard the characteristic ignition of lightsabers, the whine they gave off as they moved, and the sudden change in pitch as they made contact with flesh, and the sickening thud that suggested that the bodies they had come into contact with had lost all ability to remain upright, and struck dully against the floor.

Worse than that: the screams. Not the physical ones, though she heard those. It was something more than that, a sudden shock of sound in her mind, a feeling of a light being extinguished, as though something nearby had simply doused it altogether. First one, then another, and then another, all in quick succession. Teynara felt her legs give way, and bile surge into her throat, though she resisted the temptation to throw up. Her head felt suddenly lighter than before, a wave of dizziness rushing through her.

What was that all about?

She pressed a hand to her forehead, eyes closed for a moment, the blonde trying to figure it all out. When she opened her eyes again, things had changed: gone were most of the metallic humanoids that had stood there before. One had collapsed, clattering against the ground as though it had suddenly run out of power, and only one remained, silvery-bright in the open courtyard, an active lightsaber blazing from one hand, facing the Jedi as though challenging them. And the others...gone. She'd never heard of anything like it. There was something sickening about it all: this assailant now standing, as though waiting for death to come, or perhaps to be the death of those that might step forward. And behind it...bodies, clad in Jedi robes.

"Stop!", she cried out from her position in the doorway, still kneeling on the hard duracrete paving beneath her, though in truth she could barely feel it. "Nothing's going to be achieved by any more killing," she added, her voice cracking as she spoke, a mixture of shock and anger present, though in truth, she wasn't entirely sure who her words were for. "You've done enough here." She waved one hand weakly towards the droid, the one standing there with a lightsaber waving, threatening, deadly. "Just go."

She knew the others wouldn't: though she couldn't say how, Teynara could tell that they were angry, shocked just as she was, and that carried with it an undercurrent of intense violent impulse. Perhaps they'd draw weapons and leap into the fray themselves now, to seek revenge for their fallen comrades. And how many of your bodies will we have to prepare for funerals when you're done with your rage?, she wondered softly. How many more will fall before this is done, and we can ask ourselves why?

The young woman had a feeling they might not get an answer to that question. They would only have the consequences.

| [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ruby"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] |​

The deed was done.

Sure, I would of happily attacked these robotic beings. Why? They fought against everything I had built and created. They were the ones who came, proclaiming peace with the promise of death. Much like how the serpent would lie to a rodent of letting it live, and only giving it a hug. Only for the snake to squeeze the rodent to death and devour it before it could fight back. I have seen too many times people proclaim peace, and prosperity, yet still have a weapon in their hands. I never promised peace to anyone. However, I knew what it was.

As the students rushed out, I so dearly wanted to spring forward and strike out at all of the droids. Ripping them apart with my bare hands if necessary. However, as the four silver ones still stood there, I knew it would be suicidal to do so. Instead, I drew my own lightsaber up and prepared to fight as the red one slayed four padawans. Only for him to take a hold of one. As soon as the lightsabers were drawn, I rushed forward. Thalia with me. One on the left was charging up a crystal of some kind, when I was closing the distance on the ruby one, He then vanished.

I roared. I drew upon the emotions of all those around me. Strengthening myself through the force, In such speed augmented with the force, I closed the gap on the nearest one, and began to send attack with everything I had. However, I needed to keep one alive.

"Keep one active! The rest destroy!"

If we wanted any semblance of where the red one teleported too, we needed to question at least one of them. If not, then we could take it apart and learn even more on how these droids worked.

[member="Kahne Porte"], [member="Teynara Jeralyr"], [member="Ruby"], @Hark! An Iron Knight, [member="Vlarem"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Lady Kay"],

"Master Veiere..?" The large Beorni began as his hammer froze in the air. He turned his head to see the Grandmaster just as the activation of sabers filled his ears. He turned his head slowly, just in time to see [member="Ruby"] and it's own saber. His eyes widened in horror at the sight of the younglings being cut apart. His heart pumped in his ears as he watched their bodies drop in pieces. Only a hollow ring filled his mind and all at once he felt his arm drop to his side.

The spirits sang the sad story of death.

Then of fire. He saw the droid who removed his core. No. Even with hate gripping his heart he could only think of [member="Veiere Arenais"] 's words. His hammer came back around and with a quick swing of the weapon solid ice ripped through the air to the crystal weapon. With a roar he would freeze it solid, preventing any explosion of fire to affect his comrades. "You will not harm another! You will stand down and accept judgement for your actions."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was glad to have [member="Veiere Arenais"] with her at this moment. She agreed with him. [member="Ruby"] and the others weren't their friends. Her eyes went to [member="Atheus"] as well, as he spoke his thoughts. She trusted his judgement as well. And then more showed up to support the Praxeum and those within it; people like [member="Cassius Droma"] and [member="Virak Ip"] . It made her feel proud that so many had faith in what herself and her husband had been building here.

But those thoughts soon disappeared as the young students came and attacked. It all happened so fast. In nearly the blink of an eye, four were slain and the fifth on the ground. This wasn't going to be good. The one remaining soon lost her feet, her hands and then her freedom as she was taken away. Just how did two of the droids disappear? Kay backed up a few steps, reaching for her lightsaber yet not igniting it as others jumped in. She wanted to help, yet she was torn about doing so. She'd only add to the chaos.

Instead she stared at the bodies on the ground, wondering about their parents, their friends; young lives that were snuffed out so quickly. It just wasn't fair.

They had almost hoped for a peaceful end to this bargaining, with the inhabitants accepting mighty [member="Ruby"]'s offer or at least suing for peace to buy time for the treasonous organics. But then something happened that even the two experienced Iron Knights did not expect with all their mathematical anticipation: children had attacked.

It was obvious that the now dying who laid on the foreground and spread their life essence on the stone floor were novices. Their emotions and horrible ambush proved that beyond a reasonable doubt. Did these knights feel regret? No. More than anything else, the gathering and blathering of each specific ego assembled with brandished weapons must have inspired their younglings to frenzy in some sort of sick, organic ritual of bloodlust.

Disgusting.

At the one named [member="Atheus"] : as his body tensed and began to sprint to the attack the closest Iron Knight dropped his right limb to the level of his lightsaber hilt. His left made a "stop sign" gesture.

"HARK!"

Blared the speaker of the Knight as a powerful Force Push engaged the attacking man as his vague flurry began. Perhaps these organics thought a scrap pile would be assembled here in a matter of moments. Make no mistake, any form of underestimation of both their combat acumen or control of the Force would be met the a similar, clutching fate of the foolish teenagers.

At the hulking mass known as [member="Calder Icehammer"]: his move was deft, and indeed mighty. But did he truly expect to move past of the defense of the other free knight so boldly equipped? Now the miscalculation would be punished. To the knights, he acted little more than a showman. To his comrades, perhaps he inspired confidence to act!

The knight with a pike would not let his attack go so easily. He swung, yeh, mighty and true, but had left his backside exposed in order to pass the two outmost guards and attack the martyr knight. Just as his hammer reached its full swinging force, that is when the second Iron Knight completed his intercepting dash and launched his heavy attack. It was a pinpoint and savage stab aimed to the exposed flank of the man with a hammer. He could finish his swing to hit the exploding knight, but would then be greeted with horrid internal trauma to the kidneys and gut. Yes, the knight fully intended to skewer him if he could not react in time to save himself.

From the beginning, there was never any true chance for peace with these invaders, these amalgamations of machines and the force did not see things past what they believed. The same arguments could be leveled at the Jedi but in this instance, they cared more about the lives within the temples than combating the droids. The Jedi for the most part were reserved, held back, though it was obvious that even the most levelheaded of their number was on edge. Vlarem had thought Jedi weren’t supposed to feel emotions but it was all too evident the emotions in which they felt. Especially with the Commenorian youths being cut down. Vlarem stared unblinking at the sight. In the eyes of a human things may have seemed to proceed all too quickly but in the eyes of a Falleen it was an agonizing sight. Each swipe of the lightsaber that brought one of the younglings’ low was forever singed into Vlarem’s mind. Their final shrieks as their bodies were dismembered would forever haunt Vlarem’s dreams. He found his chest heavy, an unbearable weight weighing on his mind, and deep down a flame. A flame that should not have been there, that wanted to rise to the surface. To claim the machines in an inferno unlike any other. Fingers twitching Vlarem tried to even out his breathing, his large barrel chest rising and falling.

Vlarem watched as one of the Commenor Knights, Atheus rushed in to fight one of the droids while Burr began to engage them as well. Why was no one else fighting? Why were they standing aside? Were they willing to allow their fellow brother in arms die without putting up a fight? No! Vlarem would not stand for it, he saw the Iron Knights closing in on Burr intending to kill one of the few mavericks of the order. In that instant Vlarem took one breath, time slowed as he felt the hum of the earth beneath his booted feet. Each thrum of the earth came with Vlarem shaping the power, the ground itself, hands flipping upwards into a claw shape and then clenching into a fist Vlarem summoned the earth. A pillar of stone would rise out of the ground near Burr’s feet carrying him over the attacks of the Iron Knights saber where the saber would instead find itself buried in the stone. With a flick of his right hand Vlarem would control that pillar of stone and from it a spire exploded out intent on impaling the Iron knight through its chassis in the same area where Vlarem had seen the other’s crystal. All this done from amidst the ranks of the other Jedi, if the Iron Knights intended to stop Vlarem they'd most likely end up being met by the ranks of Jedi that surrounded him.

[member="Ruby"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]

Ice surrounded his target, and for a moment the large Beorni felt relief. Relief that he had stopped what could have killed so many more of his allies. Then the ground beneath him shook. Without thinking he lunged forward and away from the raised ground, his heart pounding in his chest. The realization that he was still surrounded by droids came in after he moved, and as he turned his head to see the wall of earth behind he came to the realization that that wasn't an enemy attack.

He wasn't fighting alone. The grip on his hammer tightened as he turned, his blue gaze looking for the other Iron Knights that should be on the same side, and the first he noticed was the pike wielding droid that had tried to strike him. With a roar he brought around his hammer for defense and took a step back from his assailant to get in a good strike only to feel the wall behind him still.

With eyes wide he watched the pike rip through his armor and into his chest, piercing his heart. His once snow white fur slowly dyed red as he slumped down. All around him the spirits had sang of the death of the padawans, and now they sang for him.

[member="Ruby"] [member="Hark! an Iron Knight"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Vlarem"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

Jagen Wren

J
The Jedi Knight walked softly down the trail, the worn path leading in the direction of the Praxeum, his cloak pulled over his body and several bottles of fine wine clinking gleefully in the pack strung around his back. The sounds of nature radiated from the vegetation all around him, the rustling of the trees suddenly quieting when a deafening roar pierced through the serenity.

It came from the Praxeum.

The clanking quickened as Jagen began running, pushing branches and leaves out of his way until he could just make out the buildings through it all. The gate suddenly came into view and with it the sight of several bodies, several little bodies, on the ground. Repressed memories, that of the massacre on Jedha, came back full force and flooded the man's head with pain. A blinding flash distracted him for the moment until the situation devolved into a fight.

Calder Icehammer, another Jedi Knight, was just killed by some sort of droid. "NO!" He yelled, letting his pack drop to the ground with a soft thud, glints of metal zooming into his hands as his lightsabers sprung into two blue blades, followed by the Jedi leaping into the air at incredible speeds, his blades raised.

Revenge had found its way into Jagen Wren's mind.

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ruby"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]

How quickly everything happened. Darlyn had simply been questioning what joke next to make, as he listened to everyone prattle on, aimlessly pulling a flask of brandy from his robes and sipping it in thought. The entire while he waited for Kay, his employer, to give the order to attack, or anything along such a pretense. By the time it came however, the darksider was unable to stop what came. Four children, slaughtered, and a fifth taken. For once, the man was at a loss. His flask fell from his lips, landing in the dirt as the others reacted, violently or otherwise, leaving him to watch for several moments. What... had happened?

Darlyn was not a good man. He knew this, he knew it well enough. But even he, who would kill for money, knew what morals were, what these things had done. Threats were one thing, promises another, but to raise one's hand against children... the darkness in him was swelling, amplified by his weapon, creating a loop of anger that only served to create more and more darkness in his heart. And yet he waited, watching things unfold, until the droids seemed.. distracted.

Then, in a fit of rage, he gathered his hatred for these things, these things that would so willingly hurt those too young to know better, and struck. In a flash his hand wrapped around Exar Kun's lightsaber, surging his potential with his main force ability, and he gathered hissing, arcing lightning in his left hand, until the energy of his darkness was surging with every ounce of hatred he could for these monstrosities. The darkened blue blade sprung to life, and if these things could feel fear they would feel the dark tendrils at their minds, an effect of the weapon's latent darkness. There was little doubt in his mind, he wanted these things to hurt.

Soon enough, he recognized his position, between all of the droids. Just where he wanted to be. With his hand coated in blue lightning, he struck out at the one with its back to him, focused on the Jedi it was impaling on its pike, and in the same motion he swung Exar's weapon at the droid fighting Atheus. His target? The thing's legs, intending to take it out, knock it over. It would be easier to capture if it was distracted, and easier to kill if disabled. Of course, such a burst of anger was simple enough to handle if the thing's ability to wield the force was any indication...

"Veiere check the children. They might yet survive if you damn well hurry. Leave the arrogant Gonks here to us. I'm going to kill something if I don't do this!" No one was supposed to hurt children... if he didn't let out some of his anger now (and find Ruby himself) Darlyn was going to go violent on something. Probably something that didn't deserve it.

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ruby"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]

As the Pike of the Iron Knight Speared [member="Calder Icehammer"], the world around Veiere Arenais almost stopped; or perhaps it was he himself that had frozen in place. He knew not in that moment how to process what was happening, the shock of it all slamming into him with a wave of emptiness, the veil of the living world being robbed of natural essence, life plunged from mortal form and taken into the void, the Force wounded in the affront to the natural cycle of their world. Death had its place in fate for all of them yet the unnatural taking of ones existence punched a hole through the otherwise serene blanket of energies that covered them all like a blanket did keep them warm in the darkness.

The Children, four of which had been killed on the spot, one as young as twelve years, the oldest seventeen and having survived only to be taken by that of [member="Ruby"], the commanding shard among his apparent brethren horde of droid bodies. The Jedi Master's eyes narrowed, an uncomfortable twitch to the bottom of his left as he looked upon the back of the Beorni having want to blame himself for the act, an immediate reflective instinct following the wake of such an emotionally traumatic experience. Perhaps, had he not stopped Calder from landing that first attack, then things might have gone differently. Perhaps the students might have been discouraged from throwing their lives away.
"All Jedi struggle with their path and never does the path of a Jedi cease to challenge them, Calder.
I myself have often struggled. This life is a constant battle towards doing good in a Galaxy where the immoral way could be so much easier"
A moment of regression struck Veiere, his mind recoiling to times of the past in which he had spoken with Calder encouraging him to take a Padawan of his own choosing, to pursue the path of the Guardian and to stand fast in the face of adversity, both within himself and that of others. The Beorni was one of the first Jedi that had entered into their new Order, much older and more experienced than his fellow students and yet humbled in his choosing to seek the teachings of the Jedi from those whom dwarfed him; Calder carried a weight of guilt and personal history with the likes of the Sith and many of those who sought to oppress others as these Iron Knights were threatening to do now...

Reaching out with the Force, Veiere did not listen to the words of [member="Darlyn Excron"]. He had already felt the demise of the children and taken it into himself as the Force sounded out their ending cries of desperation and pain before they breath had fallen silent, his single focus fell to that of the Iron Knights ([member="Hark! An Iron Knight"]). Around him the force pooled to his visage, a wealth of strength called to his left hand as he sought to take in the head of the second in charge, the energies of life that surrounded them all collecting around the Iron Knight and seeking to envelope it's upper body as Veiere's telekinetic ability sought to crush its head upon it's shoulders for the strike that it had landed against his friend and fellow Jedi.

[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Ruby"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Virak Ip"] | [member="Jagen Wren"]​

You see, rushing is great for myself. A big large guy running makes a bit of a target. Hark was yelled out as I got closer. Closing the distance, I could see the dust and the debris flying at me like a force wave headed in my direction. Reaching behind me with my metal left arm, I could feel the tug as someone grabbed onto my arm. As I smashed into the force push, The forward movement of my apprentice Thalia, sent her up over myself like a catapult. She finished the last portion of distance between myself and this droid. Her bright violet lightsaber striking down at the droid as I stood back up, and used her attack as a distraction to finish closing the distance myself.

I could see out of the side of my vision as Veiere, the one and only Grandmaster of the new Jedi Order that had sprung up, reaching out his hand. I could feel the force flow through him as he intended to do something to the droid. I hope to capitalize on that action.

Lightsaber swinging out, I aimed through the droid. Not aiming for the shoulder, but aiming for the center of the chest, and slicing at him as though his shoulder would only be in the way of my swing. My left arm coming in with a left cross to smash directly at the center of this Knight's chest. Sure, any normal limb, or even armored would feel the pain of punching at something like this. However, Mine was different in every way. My left arm could punch harder than any being possibly could. I could hear the whining of the electricity within my arm as threw this punch.

During this, I could feel the pain in my shoulder as it drew from my own strength. I could feel the dark side of the force flowing into me as though I consumed all of the dark side within my body. If this droid considered us less than they were, if these Knights thought we were simple flesh lings that didn't understand anything, let alone could stand up to them, then they were wrong.

I have been called many things in the past. I was called The Titan of War for a reason.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Jagen Wren"], [member="Calder Icehammer"], [member="Vlarem"], @Hark! An Iron Knight, [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Teynara Jeralyr"], [member="Cassius Droma"],

Death had been a prevalent factor within the existence of Virak Ip, an ever-present companion to lull him to sleep and wake him in the morn. Survival had driven him for so long, forced him to fight and evolved and struggle to just exist, that death no longer bothered him. He had seen young and broken bodies in the remnants of the groundquakes that plagued Sev Tok. He had smelt the strength of death keenly and strongly. He had even felt his blade carve through flesh and end the life of those that stood against. All of this, it had hardened the still relatively young Zabrak; not that he cared or knew of his age any more. As a result of the life that he had led, the life that had reared him to be cold and deadly whether in battle or in politics, his stoic and emotionless face did not flinch as he saw the Padawans be cut down.

Instead, as their pain flared within the Force and oblivion found within Death's fingers reached towards them, he fed. He drew upon that pain, wrapping the threads around his soul until they fueled the rushing, frozen rivers of his anger. He fed upon the rage of those that had also come to stand against the Droids. He fed and waited, still and calm, cybernetic hand wrapping around the pommel of the longsword strapped to his waist. His amber gaze emotion less as he waited his chance to strike and kill. For, a in his opinion, the true grace and beauty in combat was found within the speed at which the final strike was delivered. Yes he had and could fight for extended periods of time, but, he found it much more graceful to strike only the one, needed, strike.

Whispers upon the Force foretold of the flash that would have ruined his sight for a good time to come, and, as such, as the Knight Commander vanished within that flash, taking with it a hostage, the flash illuminated his eyelids but did not rob him of his sight. And, even in the aftermath, he did not strike. He saw the Bear charge and be slain and did not fight. He saw the charges of others and did not fight. He held his position, waiting, patient in his rage, for the strikes to be delivered at the cornered Droids, feeding upon the emotion hanging heavily within the air in the meantime.

As those strikes were delivered towards two of the three remaining Droids - a burst of lighting towards the one that had struck down the Bear with its pike and a strike towards the leg of the second Droid by the blond; followed by a telekinetic grasp by the Grandmaster and a flurry of blows by the dark haired male - a slow smirk pulled across scarred lips. The cloth wrapped around one half of his face, the right, crinkled in equal measure as feet were slowly positioned and a second, this time biological hand, wrapped around the hilt of the longsword. An amber eye gleamed with malicious intent and he struck.

As he charged his weapon was loosed from its sheath. The durasteel blade - gleaming with a feint mist as the Force was channeled into it to the point that, within the Force, the blade seemed to be humming - was brought around in a heavy two-handed strike towards the 'neck' of the remaining droid. As he struck, Virak could feel the tendrils of Force he drew upon infest his arm and settle within fiber and bone to strengthen to arm so as the measure equal to the power behind his cybernetic, left arm.

[member="Ruby"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]

It had all happened so quickly that Cassius didn’t even have time to react. When the younger Padawan had come out of hiding, sabers high, leaping into battle, Cassius had drawn his blaster, ready to fire. Before he could even pull the trigger, though, eight piles of flesh landed on the ground with a sickening, gushing thud. His blaster dropped to the ground as he found he couldn’t hold it anymore. The absolute horror on the girl’s face as she saw that her feet and hands had been severed nearly made Cassius vomit. Normally, Cassius was a quick-acting man, his adrenaline and instinct kicking in during a crisis like this… but for those brief moments, he found himself just standing there, mouth slightly open, eyes wide.

Cassius squinted his eyes as the crystal in the droid’s chest began to glow, eventually having to throw his arm across his face so that he wouldn’t sustain damage to his ocular nerves. In a flash, the dismembered Padawan and her captor were gone, leaving a few of the Knights behind to contend with the Jedi.

To say Cassius was horrified was an understatement. He’d seen action before, sure, tangled with a few pirates, had been in a couple hairy situations, but nothing before had struck him on this level. The Padawan that had attacked probably had more experience than Cassius had when it came to the Force and lightsaber training… and they had all been struck down in the blink of an eye. It wasn’t just that, though… Cassius finally realized that his connection to the Force had allowed him to empathetically feel the last thoughts of the Padawan as they laid there on the ground. He could feel their fear as death started to overtake them.

The others began to attack, but Cassius dared not to. Not because of the fear that he was starting to push away, but because he wasn’t a fool. He saw what the droids could do – he didn’t stand a chance, not even with the other Force users fighting alongside him.

Horror struck again as he saw a droid impale [member="Calder Icehammer"], one of the Knights he wasn’t very acquainted with, but one that he knew by reputation nonetheless. Seeing the crimson life essence seep through the bear’s white fur, Cassius’s instinct kicked in once more. With the other droids now distracted by the numerous attacks being directed at them, Cassius sprinted over to the large Knight’s side. Kneeling down, he placed a hand on his body, only for it to be immediately covered in blood. Cassius didn’t know anything of healing with the Force, or even anything outside of basic field medic training, but he knew that he had to do something. There was no way that Cassius could pick up and move the hulk of a bear by himself.

“We need a healer over here!” Cassius yelled out. Perhaps, with any luck, someone could help him carry Calder into a medical bay where they could get him into a bacta tank. That was, if it wasn’t already too late.

[member="Ruby"] | @Hark! An Iron Knight | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Virak Ip"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom