Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Demands of the Commenors (CSA Incursion)

Ruby (Incursion)

R
There were five of them.

Five, Ruby decided, was a good number. It was, he was willing to admit, a little excessive, but only a little. Three was an aesthetically pleasing number, but the Knight Commander suspected that the organics might be prone to underestimate their little task force if there were only three. Seven was also aesthetically pleasing, but seven Knights? That's not a task force, that's an army.

Five seemed like the perfect number. And so, the five Knights, led by Knight Commander Ruby, approached the gates of the Force Praxeum of Commenor.

It had been a long time since the galaxy had seen true Knights. The handful of has-beens and pretenders that ran around, masquerading under the name, they were nothing compared to the might and splendor of the real deal. Ruby had heard that some of them even used guns.

Disgraceful.

A true Knight required only their sword. Blasters and slugthrowers were for lesser beings, beings who knew nothing of the power of the Force. Ruby had heard that this particular Praxeum, one of many such facilities of the galaxy, eschewed such clumsy and inelegant implements in favor of the old ways, the true ways. They might be organic scum, unfit to pollute the air with their filthy exhalations, but if they truly were Knights, then Ruby could treat them as such. Honor demanded it.

If they conducted themselves as Knights, rather than a mob, he'd be more than happy to treat them as such. If not, well, five true Knights would be quite enough.

If one were to describe Ruby and his companions, it would help to know that their bodies were designed, from the ground up, to be the perfect dueling platforms. They were each exactly two meters tall, every centimeter a testament to mechanical perfection. They moved with the predatory grace of a nexu, each movement elegant and precise. The four lesser knights were silver colored, their burnished bodies glinting in the waning afternoon sunlight. They wore no clothing, and why should they? Their bodies were works of art meant to be displayed, their splendor to be admired.

Ruby, however, was the most magnificent of all. His blood red form seemed positively aflame, and the cape draped across his shoulders could have paid for a landspeeder on most worlds. It was hand woven, colored a deep crimson with the sigil of his master emblazoned across the middle: a broken eye in the center of a cog.

Though their hands were empty, each wore a lightsaber, affixed to their waists via some sort of magnetic retention device.

As he approached the gate, the Knight Commander gestured with his left hand. The gate shuddered for a moment, and then twisted into scrap metal under the power of his will.

"I have come to speak with your leaders," he intoned, his voice a resonant baritone that echoed throughout the compound. "Meet me here in no more than five minutes, or prepare to suffer my wrath. It is your choice."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Not much activity had been happening at the Praxeum as of late. With some of it's students joining [member="Veiere Arenais"] and his Jedi Order, those that remained were more of the neutral sort, or those curious about the Force enough to learn, yet not entirely certain of which path they'd follow. Some were those that had already chosen a path, yet were curious about the Force as a whole. The Praxeum was open to the curious.

Now it seemed that the Praxeum had gained the attention of others as well.

Security feeds provided by the cameras showed the Knight Commander and his four comrades at the gates. They seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, yet full of purpose. A silent alert was sent out with the live feed running straight to Kay's office at the Senate Hall, the large monitor on her wall came to life. The voice of [member="Ruby"] echoed in the room. She got up from her desk and approached the screen, studying the metallic figures. Were they Metal Lords? She didn't know. They couldn't of been. The Metal Lords were allies and yet the leader here seemed to have been threatening the Praxeum and those within it. She had to find out why.

Kay went to her desk and opened the second drawer, pulling out her lightsaber, an ornate hilt of green and gold, that looked more like a decoration than a weapon. She attached it to her belt around her overcoat, before hurrying out of her office. Two of her security personnel followed in behind her. "Ready a transport! I need to get to the Praxeum immediately!"

"You shouldn't put yourself in danger, My Lady. Not again."

Kay gave her guard a look. She was stubborn and he knew that. She jumped into situations that she shouldn't, and they both knew that. "If I don't go, people could die. Again. No matter what I do, there'll be someone that has a problem with it. And with Veiere not here right now, I have to try to be sure that lives aren't lost and that the Praxeum isn't destroyed."

"But My Lady--"

"I gave my orders, now follow them! Regardless of what you think, you have to respect them and follow them!" Kay had cut him off with a stern look. Veiere was right. Maybe she was too lenient with her staff.

The guard meerly bowed his head as they continued with their brisk pace. "Yes My Lady. My apologies." The other guard spoke on his comms and had a transport ready on one of the landing platforms by the time that they had arrived. Kay got on board quickly, sitting down and buckling herself in. Hopefully they wouldn't be too late.

Uhnn

A faint whimper sounded off in her throat, when a chill shot up the back she knew something was wrong. The door slid open, and her hair whipped around as her gaze fell on one of the instructors at the Praxeum.

"What happen?!" she spoke first, beating him to his confession.

-------

She exited the structure at a minimal sprint, stopping just shortly before the stairs descended down into the courtyard. Her eyes, in a fragile state, witnessing the gates themselves twisted and scrapped completely. Slowly her head panned towards the right, for all that remained were five metallic beings; she assumed them to be strictly droids of some kind.

"What're you doing!" The few others who were present, mostly younglings fell still. So much so that one could hear her boots clicking down the first couple of steps she decided to descend. Stopping shortly before she could go down the rest, she glared at the individuals...noting the difference in their colors. Four were silver...one was red.

Her hair fell from her shoulders as her head beckoned forward. Subconsciously, her thoughts became her own "Are those...lightsabers they have?" after scanning their person from what she could see, she'd move her gaze to fall on them for an answer. In truth, she'd been present here only temporarily as she proceeded with her investigation into the resurgent Sith.

She descended the rest of the steps, "Just what exactly is the meaning of this?"

A kid just off to her right trembled, "Hey, go inside."

[member="Ruby"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

There was always work to be done. Mostly upon my home world. I took a break from all of the different faction wars, and fighting over little things to return home, and am aiming to aid Hora into a better state, and be prepared for the galaxy. Thalia also had taken a break from her duties. Traveling to the Force Praxeum upon Commenor. Coming to study more upon the force. The politics of Hora has drained her. She was one such person who found solace in training. Taking much after myself in my earlier years.

I had lost contact with many allies and friends of mine due out the situation with my people, the Hellyni. She was neutral. She was curious of the force in all aspects. However, she knew of the darkness. She knew of the force that could rip her apart like it had done to myself. As well as those it had caused so much pain. Why was I, a Dark Jedi at best, here on a Jedi Order planet?

I came to see my old friends. I came to rectify my mistakes and to learn from them. I came to visit my allies and friends. I came to aid them. Landing down at the back of the praxeum, I was greeted by Thalia standing at the landing pad. Her regal clothing replaced with a very simple set of pants and robe like tank. She wore gloves and carried her lightsaber with her. Smiling at her as well, We walked into each others arms. It had been a few months since I had seen who I could only call my sister. Looking down at her from my height, I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"You know, every time I see you, you seem to grow more fond of our time together."
"That would be because I miss one of my dearest friends."

Leaning up, she returned the sign of affection with one upon my cheek. Letting go of me, she turned around and headed inside. Following after her, she turned around and walked backwards while talking with me.

"I hope I can show you what I have done for you."
"Please don't tell me you made a gift for me."

Speaking between one another in light chuckling, everyone could hear the loud bang and scratching of metal breaking. Before either of us could even ask what happened, both of us grabbed our lightsabers and rushed towards the sound. Racing with all we had. Something wrong was going on. Something very wrong.

[member="Romi Jade"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Ruby"],

hidden_sanctuary_by_cristi_b-d9osclx.jpg
Commenor

Commenor, it was Veiere's home and outside of the Jedi Order, this was a place where he felt most at peace. The Force Praxeum within the Illaria Woodlands had been established by his efforts in cooperation with the World's monarch and his now wife, [member="Lady Kay"]. Here he had hoped to guide those lost in their ways, not to inspire the rebirth of the Jedi Order but rather to offer a place of sanctuary away from the turmoil that was ever present within the Galaxy of today. Here, Commenor took in those who had strayed from Society and sought refuge and understanding of why they were so different from others, the Force in that it's mysterious ways were ever changing the paths they sought to control themselves, temptations here discouraged from leading them into a darker abyss, those that mentored over the students here free of loyalty's to either the Jedi or the Sith, the dark nor the light, this was a place of absolute neutrality where all could come and not be judged but accepted should they simply harbor the mutual respect for others and share the passions so many held for delving deep into the pool of learning that was the beauty of life within the Force.

Veiere had not been a Grand Master or part of any Jedi Council back then, he did not have the following that he did today. It had been a time of chaos and dissent for those whom sought the traditions of the old way and following the downfall of the Galactic Republic, he had put his heart and faith in Commenor for which had now grown into the Commenor Systems Alliance, led not by a single monarch but by a democratic government led at the heart of all things by the grand Senate, that of which Veiere had remained well distanced from. Politics, he cared none for it though he understand and appreciated it's necessity in Society, his path still yearned for another, that of the Jedi Order's brighter future.

Fortunately, unbeknownst to his beloved wife, Veiere Arenais and his Jedi Order had indeed visited Commenor in the passing days. He had come to this very Praxeum with the hope of offering his students an alternative and first step into saber practice, a physical tool for which would be their first steps leading up to the use of and honor of wielding a lightsaber; the forging of Force Imbued Blade's.

At the time of the strange new arrival, Veiere Arenais was sitting outside within the center of the Praxeum, where the garden opened up in the heart of the establishment and here the lack of a ceiling gave entrance to the avian wonders of Commenor, the clouds and sun overhead that lingered through the tree's of Illaria. The great forest was a marvel of nature, beautiful like much of the world of Commenor and so far west of Chasin City, the world's capital, here this land had been left untouched; protected by a sanction of the Government in which the civilian populace were told was a protected land for which nature might thrive. It was a necessary cover, though Veiere disliked the lie, it offered those within the peace to go about their pursuits thus far without the interference of any who would do them harm. That was atleast, until today...

"Just what exactly is the meaning of this?"
His gaze fell away from the skies above, his brows furrowing as the words of his Apprentice and now fellow member of the Jedi Council reached him. [member="Romi Jade"] had not meant for it yet the bonds of experience they shared and the attachment and care that Veiere felt for the young woman echoed through the force, sensing her sudden distress and leaving him with an ill feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Rising to his feet, he reached out to all those of the Jedi within the Praxeum still, those who had not yet returned to the Providence. Sharing with them the tension that had come over his shoulders so suddenly, Veiere then moved forward in stride, walking back towards the nearest entrance into the Praxeum so that he might meet with whatever this presence was and stand alongside Romi, not only as a Jedi Master but so too the King of Commenor and until his wife arrived, the reprentation of their government there within the woodland home of the The Order of Commenor.

Possessions:
Robes of Zhaelor - Grand Master Attire.
Lightsabers of Svivren - Created by Veiere Arenais.
Promissium Annulos - [member="Lady Kay"] and Veiere's Wedding Rings.

Vessel:
The Commenori Pheonix
[member="Atheus"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Ruby"] | Commenor Systems Alliance | The Jedi Order

• Wearing: Modified (insignia) Black Sith Robes
  • Weapons: Exar Kun's Lightsaber, Darlyn's Hunter Lightsaber, Engraved DL-18 Blaster Pistol
  • Possession: Large bottle of Commenori Brandy

Another training session, another victory, making Darlyn's fiftieth successive victorious match that month. Honestly the training droids he'd been using held no more challenge, even in numbers. The man's lightsaber skills were maintaining a steady growth and his capability in the force was rocketing, at least in regards to a singular ability. Yet with his training being such condensed, infrequent visitations to the Praxeum, how could he ever hope to become a master? At this rate perhaps when he was sixty.

If he was sixty.

He sighed and clipped his lightsaber to his belt. Today was a casual day, not expecting anything particularly violent as usual. Just his black robes, lightsabers, and his DL-18 strapped to him. Honestly the only reason he even brought the blaster was for its stun setting, on the off chance he needed to arrest anyone, god he wish he had to arrest someone. Break up the monotony. He sighed and uncapped his bottle of brandy, barely tasting the liquor before the disturbance. He grinned and began to make his way there...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping out onto the front gate, the darksider was immediately one of the more distinct presences, in part being one of the few there (as [member="Atheus"] was only just in Darlyn's senses) drenched in darkness, wearing distinct robes to the two Jedi already present, and draining what had to be the second bottle that day of brandy. Oh, and the fact he carried a gun, but even an outsider could figure out his position and understand why he had it, if they paid even remote attention to Commenor politics.

The last few drops graced his lips, and with that Darlyn finally removed the bottle from his mouth, wiping away the last remnants with the back of his hand before tossing the bottle aside. He'd pick that up later. Probably. He looked over the... droids? Lightsaber droids with emotions? Plotline macguffins? Who knew at this point honestly... studying them the best he could. Silver, Silver... silver.. silver... red? The leader was the red one. Obviously.

Quite honestly you weren't supposed to give your leader the nicest looking exterior. But hey, made it easy to know who to talk to. He hardly gave the Jedi [member="Romi Jade"] much of a look, he still felt uncomfortable around them in general, and as [member="Veiere Arenais"] joined him at least he felt secure near-ish to the one jedi he didn't dislike. Knew how to be realistic even while holding ideals, he liked that. Slowly, Darlyn stepped forward and lifted an arm to point at [member="Ruby"], chuckling a little bit.

"You there.... you do realize the gate was unlocked right? Whatever happened to a polite knock?"

Still not taking life seriously in the slightest. [member="Lady Kay"] would be... not the least bit surprised.

From his time spent on Commenor, Vlarem had to say he enjoyed the planet, being back among the environment. He could feel it all around him, the trees, the insects. They were all a part of the force, all in harmony with one another. A fault Vlarem saw with a majority of the jedi is that some only looked at the living as a part of the force but failed to take in the plant life which was just as vital if not more so than any sentient being. They were what provided the oxygen they breathed, they provided food, nutrients. This was Vlarem most at peace. He’d so far taken up residence amongst the trees of the forest far enough away from the temple where the Falleen could have his privacy but close enough where he could still arrive in times of need. Currently Vlarem was in the garden of the temple, nearby sat Veiere. Whether the Grandmaster was meditating or watching over Vlarem was a question that not even the Falleen could answer, though over time Veiere would fade from the forefront of Vlarem’s mind as he focused on the plants before him.

A small pair of sheers in his hand Vlarem clipped away at a bonsai tree that hadn’t seemed to be well groomed in the force knows how long. Snipping away at the dead branches that stood out amongst the miniature tree Vlarem felt at complete peace. Everything else had vacated his mind except for the force, himself, the bonsai tree and the bond they shared in the force. Snip, snip, snip the Falleen went with the sheers turning his attention to cutting off the overgrowth. After the first snip, Vlarem’s ears were assaulted by the sound of metal being bent. Teeth gritting Vlarem’s focus was broken and he mistakenly took the entire top off the bonsai tree. Eyes widening the Falleen gasped, everything seemed to move in slow motion as what had once been the top of the bonsai tree fell to the floor. Breathing increasing Vlarem felt a slight flare in his temper. Falleen did not often show their emotions so on the surface Vlarem looked completely calm but on the inside, it took everything the Falleen had not to lash out. His mind was plagued with thoughts of the hour he’d spent pruning the tree, all of it wasted and now it being mutilated. Even with his use of Alleochemicals it would take days to get the bonsai back to its former self. Thankfully the natural mental defenses of his people would keep anyone from sensing his true emotions. Vlarem could already hear the words of Veiere, and Romi scolding him on the sentimental nature Vlarem had for the bonsai tree. “I am sorry my friend, we will fix this later.”

There were more pressing issues than a bonsai tree which had been decapitated, there was some threat to the temple, while not a Master or a knight Vlarem could hold his own in combat and thus he dawned the Mandalorian Crushgaunts he’d collected along his travels. Sliding the gaunts home Vlarem opened and closed his hands a few times letting them reacclimate to the feel of the crushgaunts. Exiting and standing on the opposite side of Veiere his eyes boring into the metallic creations that had caused the ruckus. If the Falleen had the chance how’d he’d enjoy dismantling them. There was no snide remark, no questioning what the droids had done, just silence from the green figure.

[member="Ruby"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

At the sight of this mere mortal deigning to point at their master control two of the iron knights flanking [member="Ruby"] bristle, stepping forward and positioning themselves in a triangular formation against [member="Darlyn Excron"]. Being products of perfectly machined mathematics, they exactly stood themselves 10 meters away from the corrupted flesh sack. Also, they seperate to exactly standing meters apart from each other. His words failed against their metallic skulls, and photo-receptors scanned for aggression, feints, or ambush. To compliment his joke the rightmost knight began to run what appeared to be an internal chainsaw just barely hidden by its jaws. It was a tested anti organic weapon, which acted as a meat blender when applied to limb or head.

The other produced a 2.5 meter pike grasped in the digits of its right hand. It stands to, remembering its programing to await further instruction. Although it had no idea why thier master would tolerate this. . . result of rampant cell growth.

[member="Vlarem"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Ruby (Incursion)

R
Ruby sent a command to the eager Knights, via their internal commlink.

Peace, brothers. We will deal with these organics soon enough.

Ruby glared at the assembled Force users, if they could be called that. A motley bunch of outcasts, banding together in the wilderness, that's what they looked like. Not like the Knights of old. No, they were not Knights. He longed to crush them under his heel, to feel their last fetid breaths vent into the atmosphere, but he had a mission. His disdain radiated into the Force like heat from asphalt on a hot summer's day.

The only thing that even remotely peaked his curiosity was that, among this particular branch of scum, he could sense both the Light and the Dark sides. That was, the Knight Commander was willing to admit, a novel experience. In his long, long life, he had rarely seen the two mingle freely, without violence. Perhaps this unruly mob had found a way to put aside their sectarian feud, to live in harmony.

It was a shame that they'd only figured it out in time for their subjugation to the true masters of the Force...or their destruction.

"Knights of Commenor," Ruby said, his amplified voice echoing across the compound, "I bring you good tidings, and a choice."

As he spoke, Ruby subtly added just a touch of persuasion to his words, calling upon the Force to lend them extra emphasis. The minds of these organics were too chaotic and disorganized to be properly brought to heel, but one such as himself could at least make sure they listened and considered before doing anything that would doom them all.

"I am Knight Commander Ruby, the Sword Arm of our benevolent leader, Onyx. For too long, this galaxy has been beset by the madness of organics. Your petty sectarian feud between the Light and the Dark, between the Jedi and the Sith, has claimed entire planets and species. My own people were persecuted under the Jedi of Old, pretenders to the ancient traditions, and slaughtered by the Sith known as Darth Sidious."

The barely contained passion in his voice lashed out like the claws of a nexu. Ruby's crimson chassis seemed to glow with internal fire, and his Force presence expanded outwards, giving everyone a taste of his true being. His presence was old, impossibly old, stoked with the searing fires of rage, like an ancient volcano on the cusp of a violent eruption.

"For centuries, my people have waited, watching and learning. And now, we wait no more. Rejoice! Your struggles are at an end. We will bring peace to the galaxy, true peace. We will cast down your false Lords and Emperors, and relieve you of the soul-crushing burden of freedom. Those who join willingly will be allowed to serve Onyx, and will bring themselves much honor and glory. Those who refuse will be broken until there is nothing left. We will burn your homes to ash, grind your armies and fleets to dust, and leave your dead rotting in the fields for the animals to feast upon."

As he spoke, the Knight paced back and force, the volume of his already booming voice increasing.

"We will bring peace to this galaxy, make no mistake. Take care that when that time comes, the peace you find is not the eternal sleep of the grave. What say you, Knights of Commenor?"

[member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] [member="Vlarem"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Her attention was caught by the loud screech of metal being torn from solid moorings and shaped into a form for which it was not intended, a sound akin to a scream, sudden, disconsolate, frightening. It suggested that, here, in a place designed for tranquility and calm reflection, something very bad was about to happen. Scowling, the young woman put down the datapad she had been holding, irritated out of her own contemplations, her concentration shattered.

True, one of the others would likely have heard it and gone to figure out what was going on: whatever else she might have thought about the Jedi Masters that were responsible for training and organising the activities of those in their charge, they had a tendency of being quick to respond to disturbances. Not that there were many such around here: usually the worst consisted of one of the young kids accidentally burning themselves with a training lightsaber, or accidentally getting hit with a small rock during practice. They may be taught to be calm and composed, but they can scream bloody murder at the slightest minor contusion, she thought darkly. That much had been getting on her nerves.

And now this, whatever this was. Bound to be something absurd, like one of the others trying to open a door with the Force and accidentally tearing it off its hinges. She'd come to expect things like that, and had every intention of issuing a sharp retort to anyone responsible for such idiocy. Are we not taught to maintain effective control of our powers? She had it easy in that respect: the blonde didn't have sufficient Force energy at her control to boil a cup of tea as yet, but slow progress was better than the speedy progression that resulted in so many daft incidents, she felt.

Sighing softly, the blonde stood from her chair and headed for the nearby balcony that looked out towards the entrance of the Praxeum, the gates and solid wall that surrounded the facility and was intended mostly to keep the forest out. And didn't we do just a bang-up job of that one?, she thought sourly, noting the moss that adorned the outer side of it all. The sight that greeted her was shocking to say the least: the sizeable metallic gates that served as entrance were twisted beyond all recognition, torn and warped against the hinges, exposing the Praxeum to the outside.

Five droids stood waiting within the grassy courtyard: tall, imposing, four of them shining with a polished silvery lustre, the one in the centre, blood-red and menacing in a fashion she would not have expected for a droid. Clearly these aren't maintenance. Something wasn't right there. And, facing them, others: Master Jade, stepping forward to see what was what, and following not far behind, Master Arenais, looking for all the world like a cake decoration in billowing black and white robes. The shoulder padding alone must make him feel like he's wearing his weight in fabric...

Removing her commlink from her belt, she took a moment to glance away from the scene and dialled in a comm frequency she'd memorised by now: the one [member="Kahne Porte"] had given her, so that she could contact him when he wasn't around.

"Kahne, this is your favourite person," she said flippantly, speaking softly into the commlink so that her words wouldn't be heard by those below. "I have no idea what's going on, but we've got a contingent of armoured gonks inside the courtyard, and Master Veiere looks like he's got a new tailor that's doing him no favours at all." The young woman sighed softly, shaking her head in a flurry of blonde locks. "Seems evidence enough that something crazy is about to happen, and I think they might need a little sanity injecting into the situation. Would you get down here, please?"

The young woman shut off her commlink, sighed again, then fastened it to her belt, resting alongside the training lightsaber that she was supposed to carry around with her until she'd finished making her own weapon. And this situation may set that back a while, she reflected, hurrying from the study room and heading for the stairs. She didn't particularly want to get involved, but something told her that whatever was going on down in the courtyard wouldn't stay confined to it. May as well be there when it all starts...

| [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ruby"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] |​

Providence

A Jedi master walked down the long hallway of the Providence, from the medical wing heading towards the bride of the vessel. There were many of their order that were planet side right now due to the knowledge that wanted to be gained in reference to the weapon that was a force blade. The Jedi Master had left the medical wing a few moments ago checking on a few Jedi that were in their for various reasons. As Kahne had always made it a habit to do a walk through of the vessel at least a few times a week. Simply because he felt it would add some more layers of comfort to those knowing that they weren't alone here. And if Kahne could go around and at least chat with them for a few moments and let them know if they needed anything to contact him, it's something he would do.

It didn't take Kahne too much longer to make it to the bridge as he arrived and glanced overhead and around. There were few there this day as a majority of individuals were planet side at the moment. "Master Porte! How come your not on Commenor with everyone else."

Kahne shrugged his shoulders and chuckled light as he took a seat at one of the many chairs that were in conjunction with the navicomputers that several would operate at times. "Someone has to stay behind and crack the whip, make sure no one's slacking off." Kahne winked towards the girl and shook his head slightly. "No, I went planetside for a little bit to see what I needed to see then opted to return. Someone has to look after things up here." Kahne smirked as he looked out towards space. As his gaze wandered around he had come to realize that this wasn't too bad of an idea, travelling around in this vessel. How short of time it was, it was indeed a time. "How's everything looking out here." Kahne inquired, as he nodded towards space.

"Nothing crazy to report as of yet, a few vessels have flown in, however none noted of any disturbance."

The Jedi Master simply smirked as he nodded his head. "That's good news." Kahne said plainly, however just as he said this he turned his head slightly, as if something was speaking to him from afar and he yearned to listen. Which was none other than the force itself. The Jedi's brow furrowed slightly as he pressed his lips together slightly and he glanced around light with a small smile on his face. "Well, keep a weather eye open. I'll be in touch." Kahne said with a small smile as he stood up and bid everyone a farewell for now until he returned at his next visit.

Kahne tapped his comlink just as he stood and made his way out the bridge as he heard static at first thus the voice of his padawan could be heard. The Jedi frowned at what she said, in particular about the Grandmasters outfit. I could've swore I recommend he toss that one out. Kahne mused slightly, if it was the same one they were talking about. However all kidding aside, the Jedi Master made haste towards the Hangar in means to take one of their fighters and make his way towards the planet.

"Noted, I'll be down their as soon as I can Tey. Just be careful, I'll see you soon."

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Ruby"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Vlarem"] @Hark! An Iron Knight

I have not had to run like this in a long time. Thalia, maybe. I had been stuffed in fortifications so thick, I felt like the princesses who needed saving. Too bad this saving was discovering how droid-like beings were here to "talk" with us.

I turned around the corner to the main hall a second or two before my student had. Already brandishing the lightsaber hilt, I could feel the force radiating from the five robot beings. Were they Shards? A rare species of sentient rock formations housed within a metal body? or were these cyborgs that had just enough flesh in them to continue using the force? That would be up to debate later after we found out what they were here for.

I slowed my run into a jog to come closer. Even though I didn't need to do so in order to hear the metallic boom of the red droid speaking. Be that as it may, I watched as the droid was pacing back and forth. Claiming to be these harbingers of peace. That it was all done in the name of Onyx. I got close enough to be well within range of of blaster pistol. However, I didn't see them carrying any such weapons. Just lightsabers from what I could tell. However, that didn't mean that limbs could move out of the way, or to somehow fire or use a different weapon from their robotic body. I shook my head with the beings final words. Promising peace through forced order, or through death. What got me was the droids gall to mention that death was an eternal blackened sleep. If this droid truely had the force, and had seen many things, then it should know better that there is more behind the veil of death.

I saw a few familiar faces, and others that were quite new. I didn't want to speak. I felt like no real member as the Knights of Commenor. However, Veiere and Lady Kay both trusted me. I looked around a moment before answering.

"A forced compliance will never obtain peace. Peace must come willingly. As you so said, you were pushed under the thumb of this great Sith lord, yet come here to force us with an ultimatum."

Activating the lightsaber, the glow reflecting off of the scratched floors, and the hum echoing just over my voice.

​"Give Onyx my regards after I send both of you to hell."

[member="Kahne Porte"], [member="Teynara Jeralyr"], [member="Ruby"], @Hark! An Iron Knight, [member="Vlarem"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Lady Kay"],

Kay-Larr

The booming voice of [member="Ruby"] was heard and felt as Kay's transport brought her to the Praxeum, not landing in the courtyard, but on the other side of the five knights, in behind them. She missed the beginning of what was said, but caught it from the middle as she jumped out and rant towards the group, stopping just twenty feet away to hear what was being said.

No, these five droids couldn't be the of the Metal Lords. They wouldn't do that. Instead Ruby spoke as though he didn't know them at all nor what they stood for. And this Onyx person that they claim to serve didn't know them either. Still, the threats and choice that Rudy spoke gave her a certain chill. There were many people that she knew that didn't trust Force users, but now droids were in that boat too. The very thought of being broken again didn't sit well with her. Kay had gone through that before and she nearly lost everything because of it.

"Excuse me!" She cleared her throat to draw their attention to her. If anything, it could provide [member="Veiere Arenais"] , [member="Darlyn Excron"] and others an opening should they need it. Kay was always the one to try to avoid violence and needless deaths, but she wasn't about to submit to oppression to avoid it. Freedom was important. It was a right for every sentient to have. "I am Lady Kay Arenais, Queen of Commenor and Chancellor to the planets in this system. What you describe of a peace between the Light and the Dark has already happened here. This is neutral territory, and a peaceful one at that. And we had achieved it without forcing our will or someone elses' onto others. Your threats are unneccessary. There is no need to burn anything to the ground. So stand down and let us discuss things in a rational manner."

Her attention was turned to [member="Atheus"] as he drew his blade. She knew some of his past through stories that they had shared. He knew things about her own past and was vital in her recovery of her state of mind. But in this instance, he was jumping the gun a little. She understood why, but hoped for a different approach. "Stand down, Atheus. Please..." But remain on guard, her eyes told him. Remain vigilant.

[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Vlarem"] @Hark! An Iron Knight [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

These terrible glandular amalgamates were fortunate that Commander [member="Ruby"] was so compassionate as to order his units to stand down and be at peace. He was so thoughtful and magnanimous to allow these insignificant disease carriers to live for even another moment in front of his magnificent, red tinged presence. They were in the process of reforming in their original formation when one of the organic vermin began to speak. Being of no rank or significance to their mission, he was promptly ignored like the insect he was. The two knights focused for any sign of hostility so as to cut and shred the opposition. The enemy took a stance and waited after his opening statements.

The knight with a pike spoke, it's a voice a mechanical hiss.

“Silence, Cur. Wait while the representative of your species bargains for your life.”

Any audible retort provided by [member="Atheus"] would be ignored from this point onward. He was no different from the bird flying in the distance. No level of posturing would break or be heeded by the Iron Knights. They only cared for lethal intent, and continued their scans of the surrounding life forms, waiting for the excuse to tear them to bloody ribbons. One of the two knights turned their backs to him, instead focusing attention unto [member="Lady Kay"]. The apparent leader of this cancer infested planet had shown up. It was something that they could consider admirable due to their knighthood. This Lady Kay was authorized leader of this planet, thus they could somewhat respect her position -insomuch as Ruby did.

Commenor was a quiet planet. The spirits that floated throughout whispered happiness and contentment, enough for the large Beorni to wander among the compound without any stress. Cities of any kind were often filled with too many bodies for the large being to be at ease, but Commenor just felt.. Right. Though that right feeling changed rather quickly. Close by something was wrong. The grip on his hammer tightened as he took off in a job to the disturbance.

Around the corner he went just in time to see both [member="Atheus"] and the Iron Knights brandish their weapons, and while there was no fighting yet the unsettling feeling mixed with the sight of weapons around Younglings was enough. Flashes of his time in the Nether, of watching young Beorni being torn apart by monsters. Panic settled into his heart and a rush of adrenaline surged through his body.

To him, the Knights were now a threat.

He bounded across the ground, Icehammer in hand, practically roaring. "Get away from the Younglings!" If they were looking for hostile reaction they would get it in the form of a lumbering giant leaping towards them and slamming the large hammer upon the closest.

[member="Ruby"] [member="Romi Jade"]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/yVIRcnlRKF8[/youtube]

She'd spoken to the child beside her, but he failed to move in any capacity; timid.

Her eyes fluttered, not having a response. His fear...made her realize just how ominous this entire situation was. Stepping forward, she brought herself enough space to stand just in front of him. She'd look to the droids...none of which had responded to her initial questions. By this time, others had gathered in the area.

Confusion.

She could feel it at the very core. No one knew exactly what was going on. She shifted in her stance, moving her weight from side of her body to the next. Falling mostly on her left, her body swayed to that side while her hand came to rest just on her hip. Even then she noticed the arrival of her Master, looking to him for a brief moment before her ears vibrated with the metallic buzz of the droids voice.

Whipping her head back, she was initially looking for the point in all he said. Trying to make sense of it all, but when his voice lashed out she titled her head down in discernment. A slight twitch of her eyes while she held her own tongue in order to weigh the situation. The tension had been building at the point...she didn't need the Force to know that.

But when he revealed their intentions, especially for those who would refuse his offer, she was taken back. She flinched, her head jerked backwards in shock.

"Wha...?" her thoughts became her own, speaking internally where she could not force them out into the open.

The droid reached for his answer, a resonate voice. She picked up on the ignition of a Lightsaber, someone behind her drew their weapon.

Before she could recognized said party, her lips parted for words but then her tongue failed to allow them before she noticed the arrival of the Queen...

[member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Ruby"] | @Hark! An Iron Knight | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Atheus"]

"Calm yourselves, all of you...."
Veiere Arenais stepped out through the entrance of the Praxeum, moving down the few steps leading into the clearing ahead of them with [member="Vlarem"] in tow. This new presence though concerning had not yet shown them any hostilities, the Force pooled around them all, it warned them of easily rising tensions and yet the Jedi Order were meant to be the center of tranquility within themselves if all else failed.

Turning his attention first to that of [member="Calder Icehammer"] Veiere's left hand arced out with an open palm, taking a hold of the Ice Hammer while raised above the Beorni and enveloping the weapon within a Telekinetic vice, it's great mull being restrained and kept away from that of their guests of whom the cold giant of a bear sought to act out against. His was a great passion, a warm strength and yet there were times for hostility and times for all to be heard. Veiere's gaze lingered upon the Beorni for a moment, speaking no words yet within the depth of focus he sought to project the Jedi Masters own temperament towards the larger Knight in the hope that it might aid stay his hand for the foreseeable time that [member="Lady Kay"] be able to intervene and determine the purpose in the arrival of these Iron Knights.

"Stay your weapons, this is a place of peace.." his gaze shifted across his own people towards that of @Hark! An Iron Knight and his commanding unit [member="Ruby"], speaking genuinely yet with a firm edge to give them the very same request that he was giving his own people; "I know not why you've come here but we ask for no aggression here" Veiere continued to move passed his fellow Jedi. With the arrival of his wife and Queen, he sought to stand by Kay's side in that she would have someone to protect her too if all hell was to break loose.

"Few of the Knights of Commenor are present here, though you speak with the Jedi now..." he paused, gesturing to the group of his own before turning back to the Iron Knights concluding, "And the King and Queen of Commenor. You have our attention...Speak with sound mind and you will be heard".

Mocking my attire...Geeze!
[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Ruby"]​

It was obvious that every one of the sentients gathered were on edge, it wasn’t every day that you found force using droids stroll into your front yard and wish to talk to your leaders. There was one of the Knights of Commenor who was up for a fight dealing out a threat to the droids. Inwardly wincing Vlarem wished he had the ability to scold the man for such a thing, especially while there was a youngling still there, though the child was now behind Romi. That wasn’t enough, the boy had no place in what could possibly come, if things delved into violence the child would be a hindrance more than help. With every second that passed things seemed to grow worse, the tension could be cut with a lightsaber at this point. All it would take was a spark to ignite the flames of battle. It wasn’t a matter of if but when, and that when came sooner than any possibly thought.

The roar of Calder cut through the air causing Vlarem to once more wince and his eyes widen. There was nothing but humans out there besides the droids, them stepping in the path of Calder would be akin to a death warrant if the Beorni couldn’t bring himself to a stop. Not to mention that conflict would ignite placing all those gathered in danger. Thankfully Veiere had stopped the beorni from bringing a swift end to the droids, Vlarem didn’t care what type of metal you had covering your chassis a hit from Burr’s hammer would’ve left them deformed. Giving a short whistle and drawing the childs attention behind Romi, Vlarem took the childs hand guiding him to the door. “It’s time for you to return to your room young one.” Stopping before the doorway into the temple Vlarem squatted down so he was face to face with the youth. Vlarem was no knight or master but he was certainly an elder to the young human. “Go inside and tell the others to get to safety, no more come out here okay? Now go.”

Pushing the youngling off and into the temple Vlarem watched him retreat, hopefully the children wouldn’t be forced to see battle too soon, that innocence shouldn’t have to be ruined, yet the droids who came didn’t seem to have peace in mind. They spoke of bringing peace through cleansing the galaxy in a great flame destroying those who do not join. That was where all hopes of a peaceful conclusion to this meeting were gone. Moving to once more stand aside Veiere, Vlarem’s arms crossed. It was only a matter of time till the droids weren’t given what they desired and they attacked.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] @Hark! An Iron Knight [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kahne Porte"] @Teynara Jeralyr @Ruby

Ruby (Incursion)

R
As the giant man-bear-thing was restrained, Ruby turned to [member="Lady Kay"] and spoke very quietly. Though it wasn't obvious that he had them, directional speakers were built into his chassis, allowing him to direct the sound with great precision.

"That's twice that your people have offered violence to an emissary, and twice we have staid our hands. Do not let there be a third time."

Message delivered, the Knight Commander offered a slight bow to the king and queen. Though there might have been a hint of mockery in the motion, there was a hint of respect as well, for the position if not the people. Though they weren't his king and queen, it would have been dishonorable to withhold the bare minimum courtesy due.

When he spoke, his voice was once more amplified for the whole compound to hear.

"The Contingency is coming, make no mistake. Whether you fight by our sides as friends and allies, or are erased from the galaxy, we will return to this planet. It is the will of our Lord, Onyx, and we will carry out his will, without mercy or restraint. Those who would stand in the way of a true and lasting peace are but a blight to be exterminated. Just as a farmer will burn a field to prevent a disease from spreading, we will light the night sky with the cleansing fires of a thousand burning worlds, if that is what it takes. Take care that yours does not become one of them."

[member="Vlarem"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Hark! An Iron Knight"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Ruby"] the slightest of nods as he spoke directly to her, letting him know that she understood. It was true, the people did draw their weapons, but they had a proper reason. They were given ultimatums and some don't respond well to those. Instead they felt threatened by them. And these five Knights were uknown to everyone, their words offering up a choice that neither of them wanted to have to make.

As he spoke of the Contingency and whatever they were, plus of Onyx and the promise of a return, Kay took two steps forward, not quite in a threatening manner, but standing up to him all the same. "Knight Commander, as I have said earlier, we already have that peace here. There is no fighting. We have Embassies from most of the other powers in the Galaxy here and they co-exist in peace. This is neutral ground. Your threats are unnecessary. We've no need for your intervention or your destruction. If your Lord Onyx cares, then I can show him how we accomplished it without bloodshed and without the loss of lives."

Whether or not she'd really be heard, Kay didn't know. But at least the others seemed to have gotten better control of themselves. Out of the corner of her eye she saw some of the younglings being sent inside the temple. Out of the corner of her other eye she saw her husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] . Through the Force Bond they shared, she sent him a message that only he could hear, ~I don't like this...~

[member="Atheus"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Vlarem"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom